Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:
That foam video has a very personal tie for me

... when I saw it was when I lost faith in all people, because it confirmed that people who talk like that really do exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

S-Alpha posted:

And, if you noticed, she was passing people in the right lane. The other guy just wanted to go faster because "I have a big truck and I must go faster". It's exactly that, the passing lane, not the speeding lane, and she was well within her rights to be in that lane.

The guy deserves what he got, he has no need to be going 20 over on a rain-slicked highway (or on any highway for that matter).

Guy totally deserves what he got, but she only passed a single truck the whole time. I hate when assholes tailgate but just move, don't make it worse by sitting the in passing line while filming and trying to drive.

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

Krispy Kareem posted:

I've never understood the concept of a passing lane and sure enough, I just checked my state's motor guidebook and there's nothing in it on that.

So you're supposed to stay in the right lane unless passing? But what if you are driving significantly faster than right lane traffic and as such are continuously passing? Is there a rule against the number of cars you can pass at one time?

In this case it's irrelevant. It's not illegal to cruise in the left lane in Florida and the truck driver was almost certainly not going to slide into the right lane after he passed her. It's not really a passing lane if you never leave it.

It's basically you stay right except to pass when there aren't a lot of people on the road. The rule is generally "slower traffic keep right" and if it's only you and another person on the road and they want to pass, just move right. You can get ticketed in a lot of states for just sitting in the passing lane. If you are continually passing people it's fine, you're passing slower traffic. When there are more cars on the road it is still generally "slower traffic keep right".

e: Just looked at Florida's drivers handbook and yep, same thing: keep right except to pass.

e2: When the law was passed in Florida this quote sums it up well: "If you drive within 10 mph of the speed limit, that's not a problem. But if you know you're going to be overtaken, you should move out of the way"

Basebf555 posted:

Legally, the left lane is just another lane. You aren't required to go any faster than the speed limit, but most people think that if you aren't going at least 5-10 over then you are being a dick.

I think a good rule of thumb is that if you are going out of your way to be an rear end in a top hat to another driver(such as both parties in that video) than you're at least part of the problem.

Legally in a lot of states it's slow traffic keep right. My dad was lost once and got a ticket in PA for it.

booshi has a new favorite as of 16:35 on Mar 27, 2014

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

uwaeve posted:

So is this some sort of honeypot thread or

Eh I'm done, but I guess there may be future schadenfreude since some people don't even know what's legal to do on the road where they live.

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

You can see the leak if you keep your eye just to the left of the front tire, between the car and the ground. Right at the beginning you can see something coming out of it when he's pulling up. Nice work.

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

I was waiting for him to try to lean against the automatic doors, them opening and him falling in.

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I honestly have no idea how he thought this could turn out well.

It's just like those bird feeders to keep squirrels off, except it keeps kids off.

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

Scrambles posted:

I've seen that a million times and never noticed that feet don't seem to touch the floor until he wrecks himself, dude was coming in HOT

I just realized it could have been someone messing with him since 1 of them falls apart but the one he goes to land on doesn't. Looks like the first thing he is pushing off of was supposed to be put together like the other.

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

bobjr posted:

Anyone who goes to a baseball game knows you don't take a ball from a kid.

Anyone who shows up in Yankees gear in Fenway forfeits all rights :colbert:

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

Magres posted:

It's not even schadenfreude to look at how lovely Toledo is, it's just depressing.

I'm just lucky in that literally all of my childhood friends and my family have all escaped Toledo, so I never, ever have to go back to that place. Columbus is my adopted hometown because gently caress Toledo forever.

I dunno there's a lot of schadenfreude over the fact that Ohio and Michigan had a war over Toledo.

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

In Boston, Storrow Drive is a busy road that runs along the Charles, but has a lot of low overpasses because of the bridges that run over the river. Trucks hit the overpasses from time to time.

Two trucks today have already hit overpasses

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

Avenging_Mikon posted:

No, it's morons spouting off like they actually know poo poo about anything outside their man cave.

I think it's schadenfreude that your company gives you worse travel accommodations than I get, and I'm a lowly grad student.

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

Handsome Ralph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yJqqdinF0M

No one spoil this for me, I don't care if it's fake or not. :allears:

America's Team!

Doubt it's fake, looks/sounds like a Cowboys fan to me.

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

That's a good way to gently caress up someone's back.

Helmet to helmet, good way to gently caress up his brain.

Schadefreuede for me though, my opponent this week had him

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

Pook Good Mook posted:

That's clearly shoulder to shoulder.

Defenseless receiver on the other hand...

Yeah helmet came in later

ow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

• Locked thread