Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

TheScott2K posted:

it's a PT God drat Cruiser.

They seem to attract seriously oblivious old people too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

If you're riding straight, there's not too much apparent motion to someone looking to turn, the bike just gets a little bigger over time. By the time you start to have more apparent motion, he already thinks that direction's ok. If you swerve a bit, then the cager sees some motion to draw his attention.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Do it.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

There are people out there who actually believe that a regular part of riding is crashing semi regularly, like, its just a thing that happens as a consequence of riding.

These are generally the same people who think bikes will just tip over at speed if the rider isn't actively fighting against gravity to keep it up.

Or supermoto riders.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

chia posted:

Well gently caress me :mad:

Sounds like someone already did.
:haw:

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Tanbo posted:

I get off work, standing next to the bike finishing a smoke and putting my gear on, letting the bike warm up a bit. Co-worker (age 20ish) walks out and ambles over.

"Man I bet you think you're so cool don't you?"
:what:

"I bet you don't think you're a dick."

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

That's weird, I've never has any problem with BB. Ron Ayers on the other hand took forever and screwed up my order.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Maybe they're on to something. Batsuit steering.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Lynza posted:

You tramps.
I always wondered how you got an official gov't Tramp Stamp.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

At least you get some variation there, bike meets/nights here across the pond are usually chrome turd fests.
Glide, sportster, softtail, dyna, glide, sportster, softtail, dyna, glide, sportster, softtail, dyna, glide, sportster, softtail, dyna, glide, sportster, softtail, dyna...road king.....ad nauseum. And lots of claims to be "custom".

Cus·tom
noun \ˈkəs-təm\

1: an action or way of behaving that is usual and traditional among the people in a particular group or place

Seriously, it's like a two wheel Phillip Glass song.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

I'm sure he has some sort of solution.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

drat, hope you heal up well.
Every time I visit family there in the winter I kick myself in the rear end for not bringing riding gear, because leaving a snowstorm and 4hours later walking out into 75 and sunny is :aaaaa: igottagoridenow

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

*80's movie workout montage*

Buttloose

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Car exhaust goes great with baloney sandwiches.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Does she work for S.H.I.E.L.D.?

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Or explode the deer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u5H4K3CTgE

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

A Harley, with all that vibration on your prostate, you'll stop going and start coming.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

The throttle is your friend.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

I lived the 80's and have been sick and tired of hairbands for 20 years. I swear if you played Pyromania on a continuous loop, they'd be happy. That's another reason I avoid bike meets/rally's like the plague.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

astrollinthepork posted:

You guys do the whole naming bikes talk every few months. Let it go please.

Echo Chamber/Padded Room

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Coydog posted:

Oh, go back to your mailbox. Hint: It's the one on the ground in a crumpled mess.
Those bastards hurt.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Glad you're not too banged up captain, as someone that remembers every loving vibration jostling bone pieces on the Care Flight, I'd count you pretty lucky in more ways than one.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Slavvy posted:

Lol technician

You're being quite generous.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Can you drill the rivet head off or would it turn in the link?

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Mirror extenders make them much more useable.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

So far, the crazier ones have the best sex.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

clutchpuck posted:

I might want one of those new Triumph twins. What the hell is wrong with me.

They sound pretty loving awesome with those Arrow exhausts.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Had a conversation about bikes with a guy at work, said his dad's friend had a Busa that he added another gear to so it would go faster.
Yup, I'm sure he did. :rolleyes:

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

I've always told riders to look over my inside shoulder, seems to work pretty well, along with squeezing the seat during braking.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

astrollinthepork posted:

Lol mid may in Ohio and it's in the 40s with rain.

Guess we picked the right weekend to leave for Deals Gap.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

It just sucks arriving to work dripping all over everything, kind of a dick move imo.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Or quit running over motorcycle cops.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Slavvy posted:

If your bike has an output shaft bearing that falls out in little pieces when you take the front sprocket off, what's the next step?

My PO decided the next step was to take the cam chain tensioner out and run the engine for reasons he couldn't quite explain. He even volunteered to start the thing up with the tensioner out so I could hear it running.

What the....
:aaaaa:

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

You took his spot. THAT WAS HIS SPOT!

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

He's next

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

http://sidneydailynews.com/news/crime/40404/coyle-sentenced-in-fatal-motorcycle-accident
A trucker ran a stop sign, ran over a biker, drug him, didn't stop until he was pulled over miles after the wreck and what does he get?
60 days, $1,500 & 5 years of probation.
:suicide:

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Chichevache posted:

Maybe I missed it in the article, but how did the rider run into a semi?

The truck driver blew the stop sign turning left at point A at Kirkwood Rd & 25-A and ran over the rider, point B is where he was pulled over.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/40.2141483,-84.1631383/40.2844031,-84.1578269/@40.2663342,-84.1594945,5267m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

gently caress that poo poo so hard.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Schroeder91 posted:

It's hard to say. 6 months maybe before the engine went kaput and it sat? It's a Vstrom and it came with PIAA lights on it which I swapped for LED lights, and tossed on heated grips and the USB charger. I've only used the usb charger once, and it's phoenix so I don't use the heated grips much. I use the lights every so often but kinda rare to use them for extended durations. Not riding as much as I'd like :(

Check your voltage at highway rpm, around 4500, it should be around 14.5- 14.8V.
If it's lower, it could be a bad regulator, stator coil or loose stator magnets, which are all common on the 1000DL/SV/TL engine. I had both loose magnets and a bad coil at the same time, one masking the other. Got the obviously loose magnets glued back in and still had low voltage, checked the coil and had a burnt wire. Definitely get in there and check your magnets, if they work their way loose there's not much room before the start hitting things and damaging the coil and breaking the magnets themselves and those aren't sold separately, so you'd have to buy a whole new assembly or wait until a part out on stromtroopers.

JB Weld seems to be the go to fix, clean the surface well, I used degreaser then alcohol. Now they have about 7Kmi on them and they're holding at 14.8V. The coil's an easy unplug, unbolt, reverse process fix too, just be careful with the side case gasket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Schroeder91 posted:

Ah jeeze I hope it's not that bad. Getting really sick of having to fix poo poo on this fucker all the time, as much as I love it.

Edit: do I need a new gasket before I open the side up there? Is there oil inside there?

It needs drained, so it's a good time to change the oil & filter. The side case came off for me after I persuaded it with a rubber hammer and pulled, the magnets will try to hold it, but don't pull too hard in case it lets loose since the coil is attached to it. The gasket should be ok as long as you pull straight out.

Suzuki's high quality standard strikes again, it's a shame because it's a good bike that does what it was made to do well. There's a guy on the Stromtrooper forum with about 400K miles on his and the 1000's often go over 200K, it's just these issues(clutch basket :mad: ).