Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Fun Fact in Kentucky if someone kicks your tires you're legally allowed to kick their face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Jonny 290 posted:

i've had really good luck with RAM mounts in the bimmer for my phone and all my radio poo poo, I think i'm going to just stay on that system and buy some bike mounts. Not weatherproof, but should be fine for sunny day riding at least.

They’re the poo poo, and will even do alright in the rain if you can get it in the bubble. I only put my phone away in downpours.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
u just got mailboxed

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

captainOrbital posted:

who the hell lives in idaho

This question/attitude is why Idaho is so great

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Oh and we have distracted driving laws too and it doesn't matter, everyone is on their phone constantly when driving. I find my car horn to be much more effective at stopping it than the law.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Sagebrush posted:

I get that motorcycle stuff is a niche market, but god drat it is super frustrating to go to the few brick-and-mortar stores we have and be always told "nah, we don't have that, but we can order it for you and have it next week." And not even for super rare things -- it'll be like "show me your riding jeans" and nope, nothing in stock or "I want this Cortech bag" and they haven't got any luggage at all except for a single backpack from some unheard-of brand.

Thanks for the offer to order it for me! I can go to Amazon on my phone right now and have it at my door literally tomorrow. The whole point of a physical store is that it has inventory and I can see the thing in person and try it out get it on the spot if I want, what even are you doing any more

Store I work in has so much product it’s often unshoppable, to be honest, and visually merched the best we can with very little space to work with. I still hear, on a daily basis, “is this all you have? Are these the only colors?” It’s not pretty but I don’t understand how a retail store operates otherwise. We also have pretty specific knowledge to offer. Anything to set you apart and give a customer a reason to come to the store instead of opening the amazon app on the couch.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Outdoors store, not bikes

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Such character. Much heritage

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

MomJeans420 posted:

drat Slavvy ate a month probation for what seems like a bullshit reason, but I don't venture into D&D so maybe that's typical for that forum.

Yeah DnD is beyond saving now. Wacko lefty snowflakes. I stopped posting after I caught a ban for posting a screenshot of one of the isil beheading videos in the picture thread, not even gorey, like when jihad john was still jawing at the camera

Ed: actually the post is still live lol, it was a little worse than that. Knife is held to his neck but he’s still alive...

I also just checked slavvy’s ban, he was literally just describing the IRA’s methods, not making any kind of statement or call to action or anything. They’ve gone full retard. The leftists now complain about fascism as they censor any dissenting opinions or anything that they can pretend is bad.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 20, 2019

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Must be embarrassing to have a government stooge fix your bike

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Right arm appears to be a racist nazi that’s all

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Your own mind being your biggest enemy is draining as is trying to fight it every day. Everything is going great for me currently and just last week I was getting ready to go do my favorite thing all weekend and it still took me a day to complete an hours worth of tasks because I was fighting my brain telling me to curl up in bed all day for no reason. It’s bullshit

Slavvy is a bieks success story, molded from an insufferable know it all douche to a slightly less insufferable know it all douche.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Agree with your perspective

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I’m surprised sagebrush hasn’t designed and 3d printed one yet

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
How many children does he have

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Maybe man up, Nancy

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I shouldn’t even be here anymore tbh I’m probably trading my bike for a raft this spring. Anyone interested in starting a paddle asylum??

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Craigslist is old hat get on fb marketplace or I used to love newenough but can’t remember what they rebranded too. Sorry I’m a fraud I paddle more than I ride now

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Phy posted:

If you google "newenough" like an old, the first link is whatever they call themselves now

E: but I'm not sure if they still sell used stuff

Nah not used but they always sold cheaper last years gear. Small company with a big warehouse

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Bullshit hipster bike videos you say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Slavvy posted:

I get that too. I'm much better at going left and usually feel like I'm absolutely railing poo poo only to find a few mm of unused tyre whatever I do, whereas turning right I can feel like I'm taking it easy staying well within my limits and the rubber will be worn right to the edge.

It's definitely a factor of leaning off less, I often struggle to lean off on the right because I find it difficult to maintain fine control of the throttle with my elbow all scrunched up.

One direction is always tighter and one direction is always wider on the street depending on which side your country drives on as well.