Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

canepazzo posted:

In other news, Pulvirenti (Catania prez) owns:

Catania was supposedly about to sign Gino Peruzzi from Velez, until Pulvirenti literally said:

"When they interviewed me and I spoke of him I was too drunk. You reckon he'd want to play in Catania when he was wanted by Manchester United? I wasn't of sound mind."

However, Gomez (Alejandro, not Mario :P) is really going to Metalist.

He must have been really drunk to have mistaken a team of Man Utd rejects to be Man Utd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Don't give them enough money to bid for Santon

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

A poo poo yeah, Santon is for sure. Bocchetti's been called up a few times but no way would he make the team now.

I don't want him to leave at all, but he'd be perfect for an Italian club playing with wingbacks. I'd like to see him play as a winger for Newcastle but I doubt it'll happen. He should be getting called up for Italy anyway since he can play on either side

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Needs to realise it just involves running around lots and they'll tire out

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Milan are really bad

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

trem_two posted:

Ah man, no early games tomorrow, that's lame.

Pogba is quickly becoming one of Juve's best overall players. It's going to be hard to take him out of the starting lineup when Marchisio comes back.

Man utd losing him because they brought Scholes out of retirement will never not be funny

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Benitez was asked if Higuain's boating accident would affect him playing this weekend

Rafa Benitez posted:

His only problem at the moment is shaving.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

He's said that the best players belong in the Bundesliga since leaving

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Phwoooooar what a goal, that's 4 in 2 games for Hamsik

How come nobody has stuck in a huge bid for him?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

T. Finninho posted:

Juve are ridiculous, and I love that Ferguson couldn't find room at United for Pogba

He was going senile bad in his final year. It will always be funny that he made Pogba leave

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Cross posting from the premier league thread, but the squads for Steve Harper's testimonial on Wednesday have come out and there are some great players in the squads

Newcastle: Steve Harper, Pavel Srnicek, Shay Given, John Beresford, Olivier Bernard, Nikos Dabizas, Brian Kilcline, Darren Peacock, Alessandro Pistone, Steve Watson, Joey Barton, Lee Bowyer, Nicky Butt, Lee Clark, Kieron Dyer, Ruel Fox, Keith Gillespie, David Ginola, Liam O’Brien, Scott Sellars, Nolberto Solano, Steve Stone, Alan Thompson, Rob Lee, Faustino Asprilla, Peter Beardsley, Andrew Cole, Les Ferdinand, Paul Kitson, Alan Shearer.

AC Milan: Sebastiano Rossi, Massimo Taibi, Franco Baresi, Roberto Favalli, Paolo Maldini, Roberto Mussi, Massimo Oddo, Guiseppe Pancaro, Pietro Vierchowod, Ibrahim Ba, Zvonimir Boban, Alessandro Costacurta, Angelo Carbone, Federico Giunti, Christian Lantignotti, Gianluigi Lentini, Mark van Bommel, Daniele Massaro, Christian Vieri.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Billy :unsmith: Do you know if this is on TV anywhere?

No idea. I really hope it is though.

tbp I have no idea how he got that Milan team either. Its incredible. Baresi has said he's looking forward to playing in England for the first time and especially against Shearer. Maybe its just because of who Harper was able to get for the Newcastle team?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

I'd rather have him in the midfield though I guess that would work in a pinch. Man, what a mess. gently caress internationals!!!!!

Just don't let Santon get crocked

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I thought there might still be time for him to be called up if everyone else was getting injured

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Madrid paying £50m to get him back will fund Napoli's next squad

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Who becomes the Milan owner when Berlusconi finally dies? His daughter? Pato shouldn't have broken up with her :v:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Who knows maybe not being expected to actually win the tournament he might be adventurous? Probably not though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

grvm posted:

Galatasary throws money and has a pretty legitimate shot at a CL run. They might be Turkish but they're definitely an exceptional team as far as that league is concerned.

They had a legitimate shot until they hired a bottler

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Does Toni still play or did he retire?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

He plays for Hellas

Still scoring or is he poo poo and they're going down?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

I can't say Im on board with this rule, though I guess it is a form of discrimination and it makes no sense to try these things on a case by case basis. I wonder if this is a rule in other leagues, like if a bunch of people starting chanting at a Liverpool match that scousers were a bunch of thieves or whatever the stereotype is, would that be enough to close the stadium?

They just stick to tasteful stuff like the Munich disaster or Heysel in England rather than discrimination :shepface:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Italian supporter protests are easily the best

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Milan lost 1-0 to their own primavera side today.

Literally send the kids out against Udinese. Please.

Time to hire Di Canio they can lose to them 3-0

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

It's peanuts, Juve will pay it just to get it off their hands. I feel sorta bad for Mutu because he is a good player under there but he's such a maniac and this loving court case has dragged on for so long that you kind of have to assume that it's partially his fault. With his salary he should've been abled to hire a good lawyer or otherwise pay this poo poo off.

£13m would have been most of the money he made in his career most likely. Juve should always have been the people to pay the fine, or not. Chelsea didn't even have to sack him.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Is Borriello not like a hundred years old?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bow-street Bastard posted:

But actually 31

He's younger than I thought. Expected him to be nearly 40 for some reason

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bow-street Bastard posted:

Think he just made the headlines at milan dead young and then just became the loan deal king you never heard of again

Makes sense then. Is he even any good?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Funkysauce posted:

Nah, I go for them both, Napoli is the local team though.

(Apparently this is mindblowing to English people, I don't know if you're English or not but most Brits I say this to are so confused.)

Its really weird and wrong

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

mynameisjohn posted:

It's easy to make excuses, but 8 in 8 is a ridiculous record for a club that was prognosticated to be midtable this season.

Rudi Garcia is going to be in insanely high demand next summer at this rate

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Charlotte Hornets posted:

He was pretty good under Mazzari, but there's probably a reason why he hasn't been called up to the national side.

Yeah, Italy have lots of really good central defenders

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

mynameisjohn posted:

I think Juve will still be tough for Madrid. Juve are more sorted to playing them than an extremely technical side of midgets like Fiorentina.

Madrid are also quite bad at the minute

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The SituAsian posted:

Don't hate because Inter is coming into that sweet sweet Malaysian (?) tycoon money.

If we're all lucky it will end up like Cardiff

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Nolan starting a half way house for troubled footballers would be the greatest reality TV show ever

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I just want to see next season's photo to see if a big injury has aged him at all

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The person hired to try and control Balotelli is former policeman Filippo Ferri who was given a suspended sentence for being involved in this 2001 police brutality scandal

I'm sure this won't end badly at all

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It will be really interesting to see if Roma can keep Rudi Garcia after this season.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

What time is kick off? Going to watch this on TV

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

This woman on BT is better than most other pundits I've seen. She actually knows things

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Which Milan defenders should I watch for doing something really poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Watching Savic not be totally poo poo is a new thing for me

• Locked thread