Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Renegret posted:

loving lol if you think I'm reading the entirety of the Star Citizen Thread so someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the current rumor mill for that game is that their customer service just upped and closed every single ticket in their queue for the New Year. Their logic is "Well we just released a patch that should have fixed a bunch of bugs so just open a new ticket if you're still having problems.

Their current ticket turnaround time is about 3 weeks.

I wish we could do that, we're sitting at just over 4000 open tickets. Oldest one goes back to January of 2013 :smith:

That is kind of how EA handled tickets for warhammer online, except with a twist.

Unsure if it was a bug with their ticketing system or someone not caring, but they would close all open tickets at the end of day. So if your ticket had not made it to a GM that day, tough poo poo, submit it again tomorrow, but maybe a little earlier and hope for the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Lord Dudeguy posted:

:argh: "This is affecting reproduction!"

Fixed.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

They probably hide themselves well on Google Maps

I know for a while it was a constant battle for the local TWC call center to not be flagged on the map. TWC would get it removed and disgruntled or ex-employees would just add it right back. Not that I ever did anything like that.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Judge Schnoopy posted:

******** isn't a valid password, silly.

Somewhere out there you know there is a critical piece of infrastructure with that as its admin password.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

sfwarlock posted:

... at midnight. Ex-job apparently did not take me off the SMS alert rota.

I think I replied with E, that is "Escalate up." or it might have been R for "Resolved." They're right next to each other. In my half asleep state, do I know what I'm doing?

Reminds me of when I was working nights and my manger put in a ticket for internal IT to help with something small. But in his drowsy state, he put the ticket in as a Sev 1 instead of a Sev 10. Needless to say the entire executive team did not appreciate being woken up that a computer was having intermittent network issues.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Time to write a script to do your job and just show up to click run and collect a paycheck. Or outsource your own job through a VPN and do contract work at your desk.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

The Fool posted:

A ticket comment went out..

In which I described a printer as "old as gently caress"

Owner of the ticket? Board Chairman

Reminds me of a time a temp who escalated a ticket, but instead of putting this in the private comment, put it in the ticket body: "customer huge bitch, must be on the rag"

Needless to say they didn't make it to the end of their 60 day contract.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Billy the Mountain posted:

I refuse to believe your lies.

I send emails and tickets in as low priority because it seems to grabs people's attention more quickly than a critical or normal priority message/ticket.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

So anyone have an inside at Rackspace as to what went wrong during the maintenance last night?

http://status.apps.rackspace.com/index/viewincidents?group=100

Because all these calls about email being down I am tempted to forward to their support line directly. Very tempted.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Zil posted:

So anyone have an inside at Rackspace as to what went wrong during the maintenance last night?

Because all these calls about email being down I am tempted to forward to their support line directly. Very tempted.

Follow up, shits still broke. People still pissed. My liver will suffer this weekend.

http://status.apps.rackspace.com/in...dents?group=100

Zil fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jul 17, 2017

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

No, but this was:

I'm a terrible person for parking in a handicap spot.

This belongs in then OSHA thread.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Aunt Beth posted:

Well everyone is upside down there and the toilets flush backward so I assume math works differently as well. Aussies confirm/deny please.

I heard Pi is exactly 3 there.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I'm the "next update will be provided by" times followed up updates at least half an hour later than claimed, until they realize how bad that looks and stop providing ETAs on updates :allears:

e: also I'm 17:30 PM

It has certainly made the higher ups take notice and getting them to move to 365 sooner rather than later.

So if anyone has good deals on government cloud 365, let me know or PM me.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Having download a download manager to get the Starcraft demo to complete, took 3 days for that 80mb.

Then having to delete other things to make room on the 1 gig hard drive.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Zil posted:

Follow up, shits still broke. People still pissed. My liver will suffer this weekend.

http://status.apps.rackspace.com/in...dents?group=100

Follow up to the follow up, everything appears to be on fire, downtime nearing the hundred hour mark. Users are pissed and rioting may be imminent. Have locked my office door in attempt to give time to escape out the window.

Send booze help.

Zil fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jul 17, 2017

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Zero VGS posted:

A wild goose chase ticket came in...

Some mystery employee is harassing a female coworker, and they did so by way of a Google Form.

I have the email address the Google Form was sent from.

Is there an easy way (i.e. an app) to log in to each PC we have by way of administrative share, and check for saved logins in Chrome? I don't need the passwords, I just need to see if anyone has a saved login that matches that Gmail address and they're busted. I doubt they went through the trouble of covering their tracks with Incognito or anything.

I mean if you have admin access, you could do a windows search but include file contents and search for that specific email address. Wouldn't there also be connection logs around the time that form was submitted, can just narrow it down to whom was on the form around that time.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Board is wanting an executive summary for recent (and still ongoing) Rackspace email outage.

I advised that we just send and call it a day.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Volmarias posted:

I hope that harassment email was sent from a laptop with gold fringe; that would make it an admiralty laptop and not subject to your laws, thus making it impossible to search.

But what if said gold-fringed laptop was on a navy ship at the time?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Dick Trauma posted:

Drop the laptop in the spec bucket.

Only if spec bucket is also gold trimmed.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

So we are now at a week with issues with Rackspace.

It has been determined that the Office365 conversion will occur in 2017 early 2018 than its original scheduled date of 2019.

Also our Internal network appears to be running on dial up. Thankfully not my area, but does add another layer of crap to detail with.

Zil fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jul 20, 2017

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Migishu posted:

cursed images

Need to add "for now" in scrawled blood red ink to really add to the sense of dread.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

Fixed it for you.

Sending that to my manager now.

Also it is just random accounts that fail now. Fun thing our Rackspace rep told us they have a list of accounts they are going to fix manually. So we asked which of our users are on said list so we can let them know in advance and are now being told there was never any list. :bang:

They can't find their own rear end in a top hat over there anymore apparently.

Zil fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jul 21, 2017

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

So when the revolution comes, who will be first against the wall? Those who make printers, or those who make printer drivers?
Neither, that is reserved for whomever keeps deciding that faxing is acceptable in the year of our lord 2017.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Collateral Damage posted:

Well I just went and checked on it after getting back. DC is fine, nothing's burnt. No smell of anything burnt in the air, so I doubt there actually was any smoke and my office manager is just exaggerating things, since the smell of ozone and burnt plastic tends to linger.

UPS is unhappy though.

I don't know, Reactor number 1 not responding seems pretty serious. :ohdear:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Super Soaker Party! posted:

Annnnnnd there we go

Nothing about that is branded Buffalo, so there is still some hope.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

mewse posted:

We are taking over IT services for a company whose backups are on a Buffalo

:shepicide:

My goondolences

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Renegret posted:

if it's not in the ticket, it never happened

What does this mean if someone deletes the ticket?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

uPen posted:

A ticket came in:
:eng101: I need the wifi card removed from my PC.
:) Not possible, it's built in. We could turn it off if you need but why?
:eng101:There's bad wifi getting in.
:) ???
:eng101: I've got some minerals on my desk that stop some of it. [Points to rock salt lamp and a shiny rock on the monitor stand.]
:) I'll uh see what we can do. [Walks away.]

Going to guess it was Organite on their desk. Which is just shiny rocks and various bits of copper all sealed up with acrylic.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

stevewm posted:

I have a user who is notorious for turning in the smallest of issues into big major productions. He will often not give any detail until someone from IT shows up at his desk. He didn't disappoint this morning either.

"Logged into security camera near *users* desk, looked at computer and it appears to be fine. Closing ticket, have done what was asked"

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Wibla posted:

Yeah, I was referring to my current work situation. I used to work in the navy before, and that was (obviously) a lot stricter. With good reason.

We work with critical public infrastructure, so I've wanted to restrict access to all data relating to them, but haven't had much luck as of yet. Not sure if it's worth dying on that hill either...

Just casually let some pentester/Black hat/homeless person tailgate someone in and see what happens when a laptop goes missing. Pretty sure policy will change soon after.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Dick Trauma posted:

Sounds like someone needs a SATA cable disconnected...

Or some kind of remote/delayed etherkiller

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

MANime in the sheets posted:

Yeah, I get that, but realistically how much energy are you saving?

If you are asking that question, let's just say you are not the target market for those drives.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Second ticket of the day:

"What is a bitcoin?"

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

The Fool posted:

Are they using incredimail?

*winces in pain*

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

MrMojok posted:

Fire all users and then fire yourselves IMO

Or anarchy option, just fire yourself.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

carry on then posted:

I don't seem to recall Microsoft every pushing a product as broken as this.

Let me tell you of a little OS named Windows ME...

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

GreenNight posted:

Good. He'll never forget how to click that arrow now.

You would think that would be the case, but sadly it is most often not.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

GreenNight posted:

I'm excellent at faking my way through work, and my love life.

:same: and for anything else there is Google.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

How do I respec out of buffaloes

Research Manifest Destiny and then send settlers west.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

I can't seem to open that document in Lotus Notes. Can you please come to the remote office and help us open that file? This is affecting production!

• Locked thread