Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Spincut posted:

The Kickstarter for Ryuutama, the Japanese exploration-based RPG, ends in 48 hours. If the artwork looks that way for the entire book, I think I'll probably put down the whole $50 for the physical book plus all supplements, because the art is gorgeous.

They also just dropped the quick-start rules for characters, so you can get a peek at the mechanics of things before you pledge, if you're that kind of consumer.

I'm hoping we get the option for Crazy Deluxe Hardbacks with this one, 'cause the TBZ hardback set is super classy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

To be increasingly clear, the person in question was the intermediary for the international operator of the kickstarter, and claimed the money he was transferring as personal income.

Which is seriously about the dumbest thing you could do with a kickstarter warchest that doesn't involve posting your account password on 4chan. Hookers and blow would have been a smarter and more fulfilling move.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Cassa posted:

Woo Machine of Death arrived, super faster than I expected to be honest.

If only my board game group wasn't still completely in love with munchkin and CAH despite my best efforts...

Out of all the released shipped kickstarters, I'm only waiting on Ehdrigohr and Last Stand's physical shipments.

I got my copies of both games a while back. Are you pledged at a pretty high tier, or not in Murica?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I'm descended from a long line of rapping cavemen.

You wouldn't believe how much bitching about "if only Geico were around in the '90s" I have to put up with every Thanksgiving.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Stop posting about posting about posting.

Instead, read this delightful comic about adventurers.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

stoutfish posted:

A game where you play as incompetent game designers/marketers.

Monte Cook presents Monte Cook's World of Monte Cook.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

This seems like a great time to pitch my own game, Legernd. You play as avatars of Lord High Beaujeaux and venture into the ruins of the City to pilfer from the poor and to defeat the minions of the vile Redkin.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Ettin, since we'll never see a true Ntech game because of legal issues, what tier do I back at to inflict my special snowflake on the world?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Though the case was a landmark in the study of multiclassing, we can't forget the human tragedy. After his encounter with the rod, friends and family were confused by his sudden change in attitude and ability to Phineas Rage three times a day.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Indolent Bastard posted:

So I guess the extra 10 grand wasn't enough to set any aside for this possible disaster.
$12,005 pledged of $2,500 goal

Of all the myriad things you could crap on this project about, most of them entirely justified, this is what you picked?

A low-end kickstarter project is pretty much budgeting payroll and production/shipping costs. What you're rolling your eyes about is a freelancer not dipping into the project funds to buy themselves something they should be paying for out of their own pocket.

Perhaps next you can get mad about those dimwits at Pelgrane not budgeting for their layout artist's apartment burning down in the 13th Age KS.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

It's kind of a shame about this cover, because the TBZ hardbacks are really loving nice. But this one's just kind of a gross color and the kerning on the "t" is all kinds of hosed up.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

That doesn't actually sound like a great game, but I kinda really want it anyway.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

clockworkjoe posted:

"Rising Threats" is the current version of that reward, adjusted to make it more of a steal. Anyone who pledged $100 for Every PDF tier would be smart to instead pledge $80 for the Rising Threats tier. They can use that extra $20 to get other rewards if they want.

I'm still unclear on this.

I want the new content, and I want it in a digital format. Am I actually missing anything by getting the $80 tier versus the $100 PDF tier?

Not to be a jackass, but they really are making a hash of their reward tiers. I want to give them money, and it's surprisingly difficult to do so. I appreciate you trying to do damage control, though.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

And DFC has kickstarter-exclusive models!

Well, at least I get to keep turning my money into Infinity products for a while longer.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Andy Kitkowski's newest Kickstarter is up: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/diamondsutra/shinobigami-modern-ninja-battle-tabletop-rpg-from

The art looks extremely pretty, but, uh:

:stare:

I thought Coup was just a card game. Does this mean something I'm not getting?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

You aren't a giant spider IRL?

Anyone else here who is a human, please raise a pedipalp.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Was Mononoke Koyake ever released?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

In happier news, the Battle Century G Kickstarter delivered the promised expansion book today. :toot:

Here's an awkward thing to fit into this thread. I didn't kickstart BGC, but I bought it afterward and didn't know about the expansion material. What all is in there, and how would you rate it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Ningyou posted:

Is it just me, or does Red Markets' KS blurb read a lot less like 'this is going to be an insightful game about the intersection of crime, greed, poverty, and economic inequality' and more like lovely libertarian nerd futurism?

Like, between the poor people in this scenario literally being called Takers (uhhhhh) and the whole 'after the zombie apocalypse the poors live in a nightmarish zombieghetto BUT THE RENT'S STILL DUE EVERYONE HAS A CLEAR FINANCIAL MOTIVATION AND ZOMBIES ARE DEADLY BUT SO IS NOT HUSTLING HARD ENOUGH but see it's cool because there are drones and supercooled floating wifi servers and ZOMBIETOWN BITCOIN (zombitcoin if u will) and robot arms!!!!! and the government abandoned everyone who wasn't cishet white ppl but even The Queers and The Minorities can survive bc the horrifying zombieghetto is a meritocracy! ~the turbocapitalist zombie apocalypse only discriminates against the unprofitable~' thing this seems kinda gross in a way that i can't fully articulate?

like there were a few bits that sounded interesting but mostly i sorta get the feeling it's either going to be the kind of game that's going to have potential in spite of how it's written or it's going to end up being like.....the hc svnt dracones of zombiegames or something.

You can't fully articulate your point because it's something you're projecting onto an explicit criticism the things you're worried it will become.

If you liked this game, you may be interested in Upton R. R. Sinclair's The Jungle, a story about the glamor and glitz of owning a meat processing plant.

• Locked thread