Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I got my first two sets of Fate Dice in on Saturday (got Core and Winter Knight). Haven't had a chance to use them yet, but they are attractive.

Looking forward to the wave 2 sets though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well, Lords of Gossamer and Shadow actually got their PDF out (roughly) when they said they would, that's another mark in the successful column. Hopefully the print copies will be nice, as the art looks fairly good.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Alien Rope Burn posted:

OVA just sent out a preview to backers, demonstrating it does, at least, exist in part. :ssh: So that's good!

Completely free of art though, which sucks. I know it's a preview/proofread document preview, but they could have at least put the cover on.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Gasperkun posted:

Dragon Kings, the spiritual successor to Dark Sun, looks like it has leveled out and is making its slow push toward funding in about $6000. I would like to see this one fund to the 13th Age stretch goal, but I wouldn't have hurt feelings if it reached Fate Core also. I think the initial day limited its momentum to some degree, due to the way the pledge tiers were structured. Even with amendments made, it hasn't picked up a big enough boost, by the looks of it. I figured it was a shoe-in, considering how much love I hear expressed for Dark Sun, and this made by its (co?-)creator.

Over double funding for FATE rules unlock? Was that a later added stretch goal or do they just not really like Fate that much. Also, I was going to back that and then I saw the core rules were going to be Pathfinder, ugh.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

How big are those supposed to be anyway? I don't remember gamebooks being that big back in the day, so I certainly can't see dropping a 50 for one, even in hardcover.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It won't do the currency exchange until you're actually charged.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I got my Eldritch Dice today, they look good but the glow ink is kind of weak.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Baron Snow posted:

I'm getting a 404 page, so maybe not so much?

Same here, I'm guessing at this point that they certainly do not have the rights to be making any kind of new game. At least not one called Heroquest 25th anniversary.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I got my Machine of Death in the mail over the weekend. I had somehow forgotten just how many cards there are if you got the base set + all the expansions. Fortunately I can't imagine a situation where you would end up using ALL the cards except for maybe a marathon play session of multiple games.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well I got my Dragon's Hoard card game in today. Art looks nice but I haven't had time to go over the rules yet or anything.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Swagger Dagger posted:

I got my hardcopy of Golden Sky Stories + bonus material today, it is the best.

Same, had to cut mine out of the shipping box because it was way over taped up though. Still looks great and I love the game.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I got an email earlier today.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I almost want him to make it to funding just to watch him flail about wildly and fall to deliver because he clearly has no idea what he's doing.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah for a hundred bones there better be something physical I can hold in my hands and lament that I spent too much money on Kickstarter again.

In other news, I got my hardcopy of Tears of a Machine today, I had actually completely forgotten that I backed that at a physical tier.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Are those... custom X-acto holders? Why the hell would anybody buy one of those?

Edit: Looking over their Kickstarter history I see several other essentially knock off products.

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Mar 8, 2014

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That reminds me, has anybody done a historically accurate golden age of piracy RPG?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Goredema posted:

Did somebody just say SITHRAK?

I'd actually pledge money for an Oglaf: The Roleplaying Game Kickstarter. I'd never play it with anyone, but I'd spend my money to support such a noble endeavor.

I would pledge it too, but I think my local group is just immature enough that we could play it with more giggling than awkwardness.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Doctor Zero posted:

Me: oh cool! A Kickstarter thread! Let's see what kind of cool stuff is on Kic.....

*backs slowly out of thread*

Oh come on, it's not normally this bad. People just will not take this discussion where it belongs.

In more Kickstarter related things, I'm really looking forward to the Mutant Chronicles RPG https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/mutant-chronicles-3rd-ed-rpg which recently funded (with pledges still open via PayPal)

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SnowDog posted:

In an attempt to break this derail I will link the Bacterionomicon, a fantasy bestiary of bacteria and the antibiotics that fight them.

Puts a stupid grin on my face for some reason.

It looks really neat and I'm totally pledging for it despite only have an amateur level of medical knowledge.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah that's like some Heromachine level poo poo.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It shouldn't have to make money, it's public infrastructure. :argh:

Not according to Congress. They've been a private company since the 70's.

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 29, 2014

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Zero_Grade posted:

It's because in 2006, the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act was passed, mandating that the USPS pre-fund health benefits for any workers for 75 years in the future. This should be obvious as a blatant attempt to cripple the post office, a program that both worked excellently and was self-funded but yet run by the government.

So uhh, in non-political news, Bacterionomicon has 3 days left and is going strong with some add-ons: interesting posters and...a dragon?

Yeah I don't know about the dragon, but they upgraded the book to have a fancy cover recently and they're only a few dozen backers away from adding another antibiotic or Apothecary Healers as the book calls them.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Carteret posted:

The book is cool, but I'm waaay more interested in their card game as a gift for someone :( I'd back it in a heartbeat if I could get a copy of the game as well.

Oh hey, there's a only few hours left, but you can back to get a print and play version of the game now.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'd say crazy. Unless the base document is already done (minus art, layout) expect delays as various editions come in at different times.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

PresidentBeard posted:

Metamorphosis Alpha is having a kickstarter to compile all of the articles and the original printing into a single hardcover.

Man this just reminds me that the fifth edition KS is now over a year and a half past estimated release date with no sign of a release on the horizon.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh god, that board, that hideous horribly laid out board.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well if they had wanted more money, they should have asked for more money.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Wait Far West still isn't out?

That's...sad.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Peas and Rice posted:

Man, I know Jamie Chambers and he's a nice guy, but christ is the Metamorphosis Alpha kickstarter a shitshow. It's now the most-behind Kickstarter I've ever backed that hasn't out and out folded, and it's really sad to see someone squandering his reputation like this.

If I were a superstitious person I'd say the project is cursed. As it is, he's had a terrible last couple of years apparently. While I'm still waiting for the book, I've been waiting and I can keep waiting.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

NTRabbit posted:

They're also pushing close to 12 months late, lied about everything during and after the campaign, appear to have rushed out some pretty poor minis despite gobs of advice from people who know better, and aren't allowing backers attending GenCon to pick up what they pledged for.

That last bit is the worst part, the rest is just business as usual in Palladium land but having product at Gen Con and not letting people get it unless they didn't back it or are willing to essentially pay twice is just despicable.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

gnome7 posted:

I put up a new kickstarter today! Ettin is writing it, I'm publishing it and helping out around the house.

So if you liked Inverse World Accelerated, give this a look, because it's the same two guys making it.

I feel like I should get a free copy of this because I made Ettin write it in the first place :colbert:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

dwarf74 posted:

Dumb question - why would I pick digital deluxe instead of softcover?

You don't want a hardcopy?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Evil Mastermind posted:

My only real "burns" are Nightfall, Stab City and Far West (although Metamorposis Alpha is getting close) out of 138, so I think I'm doing pretty well.

Well at least Metamorphosis Alpha isn't completely dark (assuming you're talking about the first KS for the new edition, and not the reprint of the first edition KS).

But yeah, I need to stop backing stuff. I think Breakfast Cult and Spirit '77 are going to be the last ones I do for a good long while. I've never gotten completely burned yet, but so many slipped dates, so many long periods of silence.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I got my copy of The Whispering Road in the mail today. Really odd that it was packaged in a clear plastic bag/wrapper, but at least that way it didn't get wet (it's been raining here off and on since Wednesday).

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Who ever heard of a board game costing that much anyway. Is he trying to make a million regular copies and then sell them to Wal-Mart cry silently while he pays a fortune for warehouse space on a game no one wants.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I got the Metamorphosis Alpha reprint from Goodman Games in the mail earlier this week, haven't had time to crack it open yet, but the box is big for a book.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Bieeardo posted:

That's just it. It's a funny-pages comic underpinned (and footnoted) with a fair amount of semisolid to hardish SF, named for an ambulatory blob with a penchant for regurgitating energy weapons.

I stopped reading when the leader apparently died, so it may have fallen down the drama hole, but stripping away that layer of goofiness leaves you with a lot of generic Ringobabble.

Yeah the lack of Howard's art is a nonstarter for me, I understand he's busy with the comic, but the board game they did had the comic style art instead of outside commissions and I just can't picture that universe any other way.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Evil Mastermind posted:

I also wonder how many people are backing this thinking it's the other Vincent Baker.

Nobody now, it's already been taken down for copyright dispute investigation.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Hey, does anyone who backed the Mekton Zero KS have any idea how that project is proceeding? I didn't back, due to frustration with R.Tal in the past and MZ being on the crunchier side of my tastes these days. It looks like it is a good thing too, wasn't Mekton Zero due out last year?

I backed it and still nothing came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well got something that I assume is the new OVA in the mail yesterday, haven't had time to actually check.

• Locked thread