Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Jozy will score 11 goals but one will be unfairly ruled offside and one will be unfairly called not a goal by goal line technology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Ninpo posted:

Chart suggests 48 games OP

sunderland are having a deep cup run

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Ninpo posted:

Thread is for league goals mate?

Jozy is American probably doesn't understand it all yet give him time or maybe a NBC documentary

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Whoever votes just before the last game of the season is going to have a slight advantage.

swings and roundabouts innit

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

vyelkin posted:

If the transfer window can extend into the season, I'm sure the Jozy Window can too. Maybe we could have a second Jozy Window in January for people to update their guesses, in case they're afraid of dropping out of the running.

if we play FPL and Talksport Predictor will we be cup tied?

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

oh em gee bee ess posted:

If Jozy doesn't score against MK Dons I would like to hear the mental gymnastics his supporters will go through to rationalise his poo poo play.

Hes an avid Wimbledon hater

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Fernando Torres got a hat trick in last year's league cup

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Bland posted:

Are you saying Jozy is worth £16m?

no, £0.33, i.e. a third of what Torres is worth

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Spiller posted:

If Sunderland keep getting drawn against teams worse than MK Dons in the cups, us posters who voted for less than say 10 goals might still have a chance after all.

you think hes going to use up all his goal scoring prowess in the league cup?

interesting interesting

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Kitty Kisses posted:

The ref didn't play advantage because he knew that Jozy having the ball is not an advantage

:drat:

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

new manager bounce will be bigger than the jozy altidore bounce wherein the ball bounces from your boots into row z

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

i happen to think jozy is on par talent wise with benteke

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

football fanfic brilliant

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Benteke is a big lad he could pick up a bin or two even with Jozy in them

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

tbp posted:

He scored a goal for Hull. At the moment, that's infinitely better than his performance for Sunderland

maybe his service was better at Hull give me six hours to run some numbers in excel about zone 14 conversions per ninety minutes

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

cadfael posted:

He's a good lad who means well who has sadly come unstuck in a troubled Sunderland side sans Manager, he's working hard though and was it not for a horrible refereeing descision he would be a goal to the good already. I think the old adage "its a marathon, not a sprint" is the most important thing to remember, we are only 7 games into the season and Ive no doubt that he will come good. Sunderland have played 3 of the top four as well as Manchester United. Ive no doubt a new manager will get them ship shape and Jozy will start rattling them in for fun.

where is this cp'd from?

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Would Jozy make a good keeper? Other American keepers have only scored once in the PL, and the whole not scoring while not letting anyone around you score is kind of what you want from a shot stopper imo

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

this could reinvigorate sunderland imo

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Your Weird Uncle posted:

has a worthwhile defender ever emerged from the eredivisie? honest question

Super Jan mate?

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

is that point his goal celebration I've never seen him score

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Big Jozy Knew posted:

The only service Jozy knows what to do with is room service

I bet he doesn't tip

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

trem_two posted:

To commemorate his time there, next week Jozy will score one (1) goal against Hull.

lol good one mate

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

holy poo poo

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

its just some bloke in a Halloween costume

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

I can't wait to see what Tommy Huddlestone style revelations come out of Gus Poyet becoming Sunderland manager, hopefully he'll allow Jozy to have his four Full Englishes a day again

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Haggis Heed posted:

Asmir Begovic has more Premier League goals than Jozy this season.

well Begovic actually has to know where the goal is to do his job, Jozy just knows where the buffet is

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Jozy couldn't climb a molehill he definitely can not climb the Everest sized mountain of my eight goal prediction

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Timbers Jim posted:

Funnily enough players like Tim Howard and Clint Dempsey and Landon Donovan never saw this sort of criticism

and what do they all have in common hrm

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Timbers Jim posted:

they're not poo poo

we're talking about American born footballers OP

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

pissy smelliott posted:

Pray tell you legitimate fans of football, what are "competitive" matches? World Cup and Euros? Barclays premier league, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A only? It would be nice for us "plastics" to know which is which so we can appropriately judge players based upon your standards.

Games in which literal garbagemen don't score for example

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Carrier posted:

that doesnt look particularly appetizing tbh

- Jozy, commenting on scoring a "tasty" goal

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Carrier posted:

hes a bit of a journeyman isnt he

he goes where the food is

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Its kind of like schrodinger's goal except its philosophically impossible for Jozy to have scored

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

jooky posted:

Gus Poyet is going to turn Jozy into a proper striker.

if you were to say do the mental gymnastics required to consider Torres a proper striker then yes he will

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Carrier posted:

He'd probably eat a whole Turkey by himself.

thanksgiving is coming up afterall

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

the sex ghost posted:

Kris Boyd has never scored a Premier League goal, whereas Jozy has scored 1 Premier League goal.

by scoring less than Jozy, has he out Jozy'd Jozy?

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Its simple really, Suarez is a racist and RvP is a rapist, Jozy just needs to find a niche

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

cheers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

R. Mute posted:

If we get a full line, can we turn the chart in for a prize or something?

a big money move to the MLS perhaps

• Locked thread