Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Undeath seems to be a really promising mod, it's just a shame that it's riddled with bugs and glitches. I installed it and played through the questline and really enjoyed it - I hope the author gets his act together and continues to work on it. In the meantime, bugs include breaking the Thieves Guild and College of Winterhold questlines. Definitely an OP-worthy mod once it's fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Mzbundifund posted:

I was looking at Undeath earlier, trying to decide if I want to install it. Could you elaborate on these bugs and glitches? By 'breaking' do you mean the Thieves' Guild and College of Winterhold quests are impossible to complete? Too easy to complete?

I'll have a look in the comments section now (for the quest names), but I know for definite that it prevents quests near the start of both questlines from auto-starting, but also from being force-started. Extra bug is that high leveled bandits appear near Riverwood due to some E3 content being activated.

e:

Some guy posted:

I discovered a problem.

When going through Winterhold, without any other Questline mods, this mod bugs Under Saarthal. After speaking to the Arch Mage, this quest inhibits the next quest, Hitting the Books, from automatically starting. Additionally, it inhibits the quest, Hitting the Books, from forcibly starting via console commands.

I think the thieves guild related breakage is related to the E3 nonsense.

The author is aware of the E3 stuff and is working on a patch due sometime this week.

Nymix fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Sep 3, 2013

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

splifyphus posted:

Yeah [SPERG] pretty much requires a clean save. Every perk tree is overhauled. Maybe if you reset all your perks and saved first, but still not a great idea.
I'm getting mixed messages here, from the OP: "Many goons have given this a shot so far and loved it. Existing characters can be used just fine, so there's no need to wait (make a backup save first, like you should when installing any mod)."

Erring on the side of caution here, can someone clarify wether or not I should use a new save after installing SPERG?

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Consider me another satisfied customer, SPERG is loving awesome based on a few minutes reading about the perks and applying them to my character. :swoon:

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

By and large, Undeath is basically fixed. There are no super game breaking bugs left, and I haven't really heard about any minor ones either. The author really got his poo poo together after a few weeks and now it seems 1.3 is a finished product.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Preem Palver posted:

Are there any house mods with a nice, large trophy room with tons of mannequins? I looked at the most downloaded and endorsed player homes on the Nexus, but the ones I looked at still only had 4-8 mannequins in a home. I want to be able to display all of the high-end and unique armors found in Skyrim/Solstheim/mods, but I'd rather have it in one house or room and not spread across a dozen houses spanning all of Skyrim.

It might be themed wrong for your character, but there is one suited for vampires: The Shoruded Lair

I pretty much always go Vampire in my playthroughs so I'm forever using this. Make sure your volume isn't too high when doing a room transition though. I should probably mention it has a lot (15+ if I recall correctly) of mannequins.

Nymix fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Dec 19, 2013

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Dongattack posted:

Anyone got any experience with this mod?: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31325/ (realtime Dragon Flight)

I used the simple version last playthrough, which is basically just a ini tweak to enable features that Bethesda more or less completed, but were unhappy with. I'm curious about the more advanced version this time tho since the flightmodel seems to have been upgraded and made less janky. But the mod also smells like buggy and unfinished.

It's a great mod and it works, but at the moment I don't use it. I'm sorry this is probably about as clear as mud, but there was a bug I noticed a while back where Odahviing would randomly appear on the ground when exploring - it was impossible to interact with the dummy Odahviing, but I'd hear him spout his lines when I walked past. Some dummies became permanent whilst others were temporary.

Even so I play mainly as a mage, and with way over 100 spells on my favourites menu (sorted into groups), it's extremely infuriating when the majority of my spells are removed from the menu as they're disabled when riding a dragon. They're not re-added upon dismount.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

"Don't talk to that guy over there, he's a bloody dragon sometimes..."

"Here, have a snickers - you turn into a right Dovah when you're hungry" etc.

Nymix fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 12, 2014

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

I'm a terrible sperg so I have to ask - Is there a mod that adds in the armour of the characters in the ESO trailers?

Don't judge me :ohdear:

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Alright, I've asked on SkyUI's modpage multiple times to no avail: Is there anyway to mitigate the issue where riding a dragon resets your favorites group data? I'm using Apocalypse spells and have the majority of them on my favorites list, sorted into groups by their respective magic trees, and it's just overly impractical to re-categorize them every time I hop onto a dragon's back (being a big fan of real-time dragon fast travel).

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Scyantific posted:

Solution: use Categorized Favorites Menu

Welp, it's far from pretty, but it'll do - cheers.

e: Got a version of CFM that supports Apocalypse and have since come across frustrating lag that I can fairly confidently say comes from just how many favorites I have. Is there a workaround for this, or am I SOL?

Nymix fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 25, 2014

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Praetorian Mage posted:

I think the lag actually has something to do with how many things CFM is configured to recognize. The more things it's set up for, the more likely it is to lag. If you have the patience for it, a way to work around this is to just use the standard CFM, and manually edit the config file to include the spells you want to have favorited. It's actually pretty easy to do, and you can even do it while the game is running.

That was plan B.

I decided to bite the bullet and attempt to finish the Dragonborn questline ie; mount Sarohtaar, and resolved to re-categorize my faves once I'd finished. For one reason or another, by the time I'd killed Miraak (or at least that's when I noticed), my categories repopulated and everything's now hunky dory.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

boho posted:

Anyone tried Spectraverse with a character that already has 100 Destruction? I love the magic mods and have over 100 hours in this Wizard character, but I'd consider restarting if already being a Destruction Master made the mod too easy.

I started the quest with a 100 destruction character, and still found it very challenging. It definitely doesn't make it easier. Tenebrous spells are the ones I'd vouch for, even though the Luminous can be really fun if you're creative.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

I feel totally loving :spergin: saying this, but the mod that up-scales trees actually makes a huge difference to the feel of the game when just wandering about. The scenery just gets a whole lot prettier, and if I'm not mistaken, the draw distance on them is really good.

Why am I so excited about trees?

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Mazz posted:

Try to find the particular mesh name if you can, then you can just search your entire mod/data directory. Opening up a wilderness area with the tree should let you track down the actual base model.

Also, I've made some progress on the Rayek's End improvement, instead of posting a bunch of giant screenshots as timgs, here's a link to the gallery.

http://imgur.com/a/o3zMK

The first screen is without the ENB, the second is a creation kit view of the display rack WIP, and the rest are more angles of the stuff I'm mostly done with.

EDIT: I should clarify I'm not quite done with the hallway and stuff, finishing the rooms then I'll make one big pass on all the detailed stuff like symmetry (where I can).

Been using Rayek's end as a player home since I started modding my game, and your improvements make it look way better. Looking forward to that.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

How hosed am I if I have around 140 active mods, but want to install Hearthfire? I have DG and DB, but never got round to getting HF. Now I've seen a few mods I want that require it, and just want to know if installing HF would ruin my setup.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Raygereio posted:

Go check the readmes and/or description pages for the mods you're using if any of them are incompatible with Hearthfire and if so, if compatiblity patches are available.

Provided none are incompatible, is it safe to assume that installing HF won't overwrite poo poo added by mods? Forgive my not knowing poo poo here, I'm severely dense when it comes to stuff like this, and I figure it's safer to have assurances from people who know way more.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Mazz posted:

Hearthfire shouldn't touch anything to do with mods unless the mods use those assets and assume Hearthfire isn't already active (which is generally something you'd have to tell them in the installation process), or are putting things in the exact same spots, which they should definitely be telling you about in the descriptions and such. But no, the way the load order thing works is if Hearthfire and its USKP file is loaded early in the order, things will overwrite it as they should. This assumes you aren't putting things directly in the skyrim data directory, which good god I hope you aren't for sanity's sake.

Perfect, thankyou! Got it installed, everything seems fine. No CTDs at least.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Mazz posted:

Your repayment can be ridiculing my mistakes in the house mod :)

Just playing around with Dual Sheath Redux at the minute. Once I'm done, I'll download that and get my critic hat on. So happy someone decided to carry the torch with Rayek's end. I'd be happy to pass feedback. :sun:

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Welp Maz, you did it. Turned my favourite house mod into something even better. Only problem I'm getting is the missing texture purple thing for what I assume is a painting on the left wall in the study area. Other than that, I'm nowhere near competent enough to sort that other problem you have, but I'd say that you've done a great job. I use a pretty dark enb so it's hard for me to find houses that don't feel like they're lit like a crypt - but the lighting for this is faultless.

I went ahead and jumped right in front of the doorway to the bedroom as the other guy did, and got the dragon head above the bed to disappear momentarily. Who even thinks to jump into a door frame? :lol:

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Can't believe I missed this on the first pass, but I actually can't activate the display cases. Is this intentional? ie; manual placement of weapons? or is something borked?

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Agreed with Tzarnal, more mannequins = more fun. If you do end up making that space bigger, it might look good to put a Talos statue, or some other warrior-looking statues around. Make the place a shrine to weapons or something. Go crazy.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Sounds pretty loving cool :):hf::).

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Can anyone weigh-in on the Warzones 2015 mod?

I like the sound of it, but I'd like to know how well it runs, how fun it is, and if you actually get a 'warzone' feeling from it.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Decided I no longer want to enjoy life and started upon the quest to begin anew, using Mod Organizer - so that I can use the profiles feature for different saves.

As such, what are people's favorite overhauls/ big change mods that now aren't so scary to install?

e: is the nexus being weird as poo poo for anyone else? Seems actually connecting to the site is extremely hit and miss at the moment.

Nymix fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jul 21, 2015

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

WarLocke posted:

I just noticed it about 10 minutes ago, I can't load any nexus pages. Definitely something screwy.

Also holy poo poo I have installed SO MANY mods, what is wrong with me

How many we talking here? Some people in this thread have library sized mod-directories, I can guarantee it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Anything good released in the last 6 months? hosed my hard drive a week ago and now ready to get into the S&M relationship with the Nexus again.

fake e: last time I got a good mod it was Mazz's end, which was fuckin' baller btw.

• Locked thread