Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
God. loving. Damnit. Do I hate how often NexusMods has been going down lately. This is infuriating as all hell since they host pretty much every Skyrim mod and I need to go there all the time to get little bits of information about compatibility or installation or optionals. Ugh.

Also, OP, I'd recommend including Immersive Weapons, Weaponizer, and Armonizer. Armonizer is basically every single armor worth having that isn't in Immersive Armors, so between the two you'll have 98% of weapons and armor that're worth having, all from 2 mods for each category!

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Sep 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I don't know about anyone else, but I can't figure out how the hell to use Steamworks and have never been able to successfully get a mod from the site, whereas I'm experienced enough with modding Bethsoft games going all the way back to Morrowind that simply downloading the mod and installing it manually is second nature and I prefer that.

edit: Also, yay, NexusMods back up.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
By the way, Categorized Favorites Menu isn't needed anymore with SkyUI covering favorites, and in a way that is insanely superior to CFM. It also does hotkeys, so More Hotkeys Please is also worth ditching from the OP. And although waterfalls and windmills would fall under visual improvements, SkyFalls and SkyMills - Animated Distant Waterfalls and WindMills by SjoertJansen is incredible and new, making it yet another aspect of Skyrim's vanilla visuals that has been cracked open and replaced with a far superior modded variation.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Witchfinder General posted:

I used Live Another Life a while back and really liked it but got sort of scared out of using it since it apparently could screw up your game way down the line (even though I had no issues, myself).

Was that all just bullshit or did it get fixed or what? Just a little curious seeing so many people readily recommending it when I sort of remember a lot of people saying to be careful with it in the previous thread.

http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited#The_First_Steps Just modify Live Another Life with the instructions in here. There's a few mod conflicts, so if you use Guard Dialogue Overhaul or Realistic Lighting Overhaul you'll wanna fix it up.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Hopefully I'm not reposting something that I missed when reading the thread the first time, but there's a fairly awesome site cataloging comparison screenshots for different ENB configurations. http://skyrim-comparison.wikidot.com/ It's amazing, even if everything shown there is for low-100s ENB version ENB profiles, you can use an author's earlier works to see ROUGHLY what a newer offshoot of a previous setup would look like. Pretty awesome to me!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
So, hey, I'm trying to start up a character that'll use an XP-based leveling mod and SPERG, but I'm getting crashes a few minutes into gameplay every time when they're both active. Right now I'm using DFB - XP Mod Redone with the MCM-enabling esp as well. Figured I'd ask if anyone in the thread had tried the same thing I'm doing (SPERG + XP-based leveling) and knows what'll work. Thanks for the awesome post on the subject of these mods, by the way, Scy. Loved the idea going all the way back to Oblivion XP and am glad I'm not alone!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
So now I can't un-see how desynchronized voice acting is in the game because of the latest (and most likely final) patch. Any idea on if modders can even fix that, since Bethesda seems to be completely fine with leaving the game with a glaring bug ruining the loving amazing job they did previously in lip-syncing characters in the game to their sound assets?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Cerevisiae posted:

Hopefully the monster textures will be compatible with Automatic Variants.

Almost all the 'replacer' textures simply affect the vanilla variant of any given monster. So additional versions added via AV will be fine.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Alasyre posted:

This looks interesting. Dynamic Loot, let's you customize drops according to enemy type. Looks like you can disallow high tier items from dropping, so it might be a suitable Morrowloot-lite.

No apostrophe. Lets you customize. And it is absolutely amazing, especially now with MCM support. It DOES NOT alter leveled lists; it works with those that are already in place and then merely adds enchantments onto stuff that would drop normally! Really awesome, it's basically Lootification only without needing to dick around with stuff from outside the game thanks to MCM. Totally awesome.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Arcsquad12 posted:

Oh god, this looks awesome. Too bad it's written by "I'm so witty indulge my stupid writing" Apollodown. He spends more time bitching at the people who think his writing style is loving stupid than he actually does explaining the mod.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/43241//

Christ do I hate that gently caress's stupid goddamn description pages. CWO and DCO seem to be worth it, though.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

calusari posted:

Does anyone have an old copy of SMIM 1.49 or 1.50 that they can share?

If you need it for the texture pack combiner, trust me, you should download the TPC software; it kicks major rear end and has updated dozens of times since the last TPC based around a .bat file was, complete with support for all the SMIM versions incrementally to the latest!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Hey, thread, I was hoping for an honest opinion on Arthmoor's newer mod, Storefront. It appears to be exactly what I have always wanted: A player-run shop that requires some investment (in the form of a spouse to run it for you) on your part before you can open it up. Does anyone have any personal experience with it yet?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Jesus loving Christ, if NexusMods weren't the only place to go for most of the mods they host, I would be 100% done with that shithole by now. Every loving day it's the same ridiculous poo poo where you can't access anything for 10 minutes, then it's fine for 2, then it's down for another 15, then it's fine for 30 seconds. UGH!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

bobtheconqueror posted:

It's been working fine for me the last two days.

The main site can be a poo poo sometimes with pages not loading correctly, but it's mostly fine. Some mirrors are 100% loving broken, though. Salt Lake I, San Jose I, and London II are all ones I know to work right now, while at least Seattle I is unreachable, period.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
For anybody who hasn't gotten the various Vivid Landscapes mods, the author finally released an all-in-one download for 'em all. I absolutely love the difference they make, one of the most important things outside of SMIM.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Rather Dashing posted:

This mod will lengthen the amount of time you can wait as well. Useful for if you want to speed up certain quest requirements or wait for cells to repopulate or if you just want to age to death.

I remember there being a mod that livened up the shaders on enchanted weapons in the OP of a previous Skyrim modding thread but can't seem to find one on the nexus that doesn't also add dumb features that I don't want. Anyone have any pointers?

You want SeeEnch.

Also, gently caress yeah! CCO Remade is FINALLY out of pre-release and has its own page now! Bonus points for some added aMidianBorn Book of Silence functionality, all wrapped up into one ESP! "This is the Complete Crafting Overhaul version of aMidianborn Book of Silence. It provides support for most of CaBaL's great texture variants. This file replaces the need for the separate files included in the Book of Silence download, such as Glass Variants, Differently Ebony, and Skyforge Weapons. In addition, the file adds standalone Thalmor (dark elven) armor, iron and steel variants, Wolf armor variants, and all three Nordic armor variants." Hell to the yes.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jan 15, 2014

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

El Grillo posted:

Nice. Couldn't find that for some reason - brain isn't working today.

e: huh. Reinstalled HD 2K textures and no difference. Am I just expecting too much? This doesn't look like high res textures to me:

It's not just that obviously; loads of the textures seem pretty awful.

I think you might not actually have the textures overriding the Skyrim base ones. A possible reason would be that the file dates for the extracted textures are older than the Skyrim BSAs. I don't recall how Skyrim works at this current version, but there was an issue in the past where older files were invalidated by newer ones, packed or unpacked.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

If I'm already running Climates of Tamriel is there any point running RLO as well or is it basically doing the same poo poo (lighting wise)?

RLO's lighting for interiors is far superior to CoT's. Yes, there is definitely a point to it. ELFX and RLO (and Enhanced Lighting for ENB) do the same jobs. CoT, Vanilla, RLO, and ELFX are all shown in practical end results here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YceSkJgy2gw

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Also, for people with high-end textures and heavily-modded installs and good computers, you may very well be looking at the end of the Infinite Loading Screen and poo poo. http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/1vjcuw/ctdfreeze_memory_fixes_this_guy_pretty_much/

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Gyoru posted:

Aferr running a few tests with high uGrids settings, this memory patch seems pretty amazing. I don't need to use Safety Load anymore. :dance:

Any chance you're knowledgeable enough to explain how to implement the change into a NON-Steam version? I would truly die for a copy of the DLL that works for my store-bought Legendary Edition.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I already bought the game. I don't have the money to buy it again, though, even when it was cheap over the big sale last month.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Agents are GO! posted:

There's also a SkyProc patcher that gives NPCs varied body types. The name escapes me at the moment.

On my own troubleshooting note, can anyone suggest a reason to me that MOs Archive Invalidation might decide not to work with a new profile?

I'm getting missing textures on all the cloaks from Cloaks of Skyrim (+CCOR) and I didn't have any problems with my previous profile where I used them. :(

Did you install the CCO-R-specific replacement .esp for Cloaks of Skyrim? Because you need to do that for Cloaks of Skyrim to work with CCO-R. CCO-R is amazing, by the way, for finally integrating other mods into it. Being able to have JaySuS or Jewelcraft or Bandoliers work without their .esps cluttering poo poo up is amazing. All you need is their assets installed. Lore Weapon Expansion, IA7, Heavy Armory, Cloaks of Skyrim and Winter is Coming all need different .esps to work properly, but they are integrated as well.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 2, 2014

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
So, did we cover that the Populated Skyrim series is gone because the author was banned by the Nexus mods because they're retards? APPARENTLY Erkeil, who did ERSO and Enhanced Mighty Dragons and Enhanced Enemy AI and all those other mods that almost everyone uses, was banned before so gotta ban him again!

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1412640-relliosavini-banned/?hl=%2Brelliosavini
http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1084005-erkeil-banned/

All because of endorsing his own mods with alt accounts. Which were huge mods and already popular. LOL NEXUS. The equivalent of jailing someone for stealing 2 pennies.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 17, 2014

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Broniki posted:

I'm having trouble starting a new game because there's something wrong with the cart at the beginning. When the game fades in the cart is tumbling all over the place and ends up flying in the air. Sometimes if I try enough times this stops happening, but I still end up with problems, like in this pic where the horse just walked into a rock and got stalled forever.

I'm wondering if this is due to a mod affecting the terrain leading up to Helgen, or if it's something else. I realise I could just use Alternate Start and skip the whole sequence, but I'd rather know what the underlying problem is.

Load Order

Also, is it possible to get a mod to stay in the same place in my load order when I use BOSS? Every time I use BOSS it puts Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp at the end of my load order because it doesn't recognize it yet, and it's a pain to manually push it up to where it's supposed to be every time.

I was having this issue and it was, of all loving things, my .ini files being screwy. I replaced them entirely with Ewi's .ini files from here http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51033/ and things seem to be fine now.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Feb 21, 2014

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Agents are GO! posted:

1. Make a Merged Patch.
  2. Download and install Lootification. (Requires Java.)
  3. Open the skyrim\data\SkyProc Patchers\LLI\ folder.
  4. You'll see a couple of XML files in there. For the most part, you'll only want to edit the Custom.xml, but in this specific case, you'll need to edit the main lootification.xml. CTRL-F and search for "Hoth" to find the line that says <mod modName="Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp"> and remove that section (everything until the next </mod> tag) and replace it with that pastebin.
  5. Run LLI.jar (requires Java.)
  6. Enjoy.

Also, Here is bunch of other stuff I've lootified, including Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade, FF7 Blades at the Forge, Keyblades, and Warmonger's Armory. Those ones you'll just want to paste into your custom.xml file.

Agents. Your loving Lootification efforts own so hard. I use Armonizer and Weaponizer, do you think you can do those, too? edit: Actually, I've been thinking about this for a while: Weaponizer's weapon types are likely covered by the stuff CCO-R and Lootification and Dynamic Loot already cover well (as in, they're Lootification-ed (or lootified for short?) and integrated by Dynamic Loot and CCO Remade natively or via patch) and I'm looking into that more closely as I type this, but Armonizer flat-out loving owns and I seriously wish it were supported. Instead, the author declared he was going to re-make it from scratch entirely and then hosed off after implementing only a few sets of boots. That said, Armonizer has a buncha beautiful armor sets, most the Game of Thrones ones and all but they still look great, and the Morrowind Armors in it. Anyone know if I'm somehow missing that these are in a different mod that's more popular?

Armonizer's armor gallery, for reference.

Another follow-up: To answer my own questions about Armonizer, looks like the big bug with it (some items are just not implemented and cause invisible parts on NPCs when wearing them because of it) is fixed with http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27092/ even if you don't do SkyRe. So yay.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 21, 2014

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Agents are GO! posted:

Anyhow, in Lootification news, I am a loving liar. I thought I had a Lootification entry for WEAPONIZER, and I did not. I have since rectified this! In addition, I edited the esp file: Weaponizer has a really loving annoying bugged entry for the "Draugr Dagger." Its a neat looking, if somewhat badly modeled, weapon, which is added to the Draugr Weapon levelled lists.

I have awful Skyrim modding perfection issues and your work here with this makes me so loving happy. I'm sorry it took me 2 weeks to notice this post, as I go through 2-week cycles of catching up on poo poo and all. Thanks so loving much for this and all the rest of your work, man!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I motherfucking love how, at 6:00 in the morning, NexusMods is so hosed that I can only get a viewable page (not really navigable, but partial) to load maybe 5% of the time right now. All I need is to check the description page of my ENB for configuration info, but nooooooooo, NexusMods has to be an enormous pile of poo poo right now.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Here's something new that seems like it'll be required in my load order from here on out: Spectraverse from EnaiSiaion, the dude who did Apocalypse Spells, Dwemerverse, and Thunderchild. Anyone used it and gotten to see its content so far? I doubt that it isn't awesome, as Enai's poo poo owns usually, but I figured I'd ask for some backup from the Goons.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
You REALLY should be using LOOT, which is basically BOSS that actually relies on the contents of any given mod instead of the master list.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
A dumb question about building your TES5Edit Merged Patch: Why remove the Leveled Lists of items from it after the build? Should you not also do that for NPCs?

Minor extra thing to add: God drat do I love Grimy Bunyip and his various mods. https://sites.google.com/site/grimyskyrim/my-mods/skytweak SkyTweak is the best thing ever for doing tons and tons of poo poo in-game that you would otherwise require a minor mod to be made for.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 7, 2014

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
He's the reason I'm an evangelical Deadly Combat lover and anti-DUEList. DUEL is such a loving lazy mod for so many people to be proclaiming its value, while Deadly Combat has a ton of features that legitimately have impact in-game.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Ugh, Jesus loving Christ do I hate the modding community. You guys who create the mods who have been bitching about them are 100% right. So Follower Live Package is a mod that adds tons of things your follower will do when idle, right? Well, the thing comes with the base mod, a compatibility patch for EFF, and another for AFT. Guess what some loving retard felt the need to post? "Hi, is it compatible with Amazing Follower Tweaks ?" I WONDER. Go figure, the mod creator actually wasted his time to respond to that, but this is the kind of rudimentary loving bullshit I see all over the place, queries that you need but a brain to render an obstacle no more. Another one was asking whether or not a mod that deals with textures is compatible with an ENB configuration. Just ridiculous.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
So it looks like Terzaerian, of Follower Commentary Overhaul and the mods making Nazeem, Anska, and Heimskr into fully-fledged voiced followers fame, put out a mod combining his previous works together into making a good deal of NPCs into voiced followers. Pretty darn nice, I would say.And here's a spreadsheet detailing the NPCs and their new functionality. Some pretty good specializing of them, in my opinion.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

the yeti posted:

I've only made it about 40 pages into the thread, and well this escalated quickly :stare:

(I realize I'm probably missing DLC patches here)

I've never modded Skyrim before beyond the Unofficial patches, but having played up to a mid 40s level character with those, I felt like it needed some more spicing up. SPERG and Morrowloot seem like great ideas, and I've also thrown in some of the other items that seem like standbys from the 45 pages of thread I've read so far. I don't think I chose anything that's outright incompatible.

I'm playing on a PC with an i3570k CPU, 8gb RAM, a Radeon 7970 3gb & 1440p monitor. Skyrim vanilla plays flawlessly, so I think I can manage the fancy texture packs and add Project ENB on top of that? Looks are sort of secondary but the aMidianBorn work is really cool.

There are a couple things I'm unclear or would like advice on (naturally)-- Is Interesting NPCs actually any good? I'd love more bustling settled areas but the mention of spotty voice acting and recording is offputting. Also I want combat to be harder, but not Dark Souls hard. Is Deadly Combat and/or Deadly Dragons the best thing going?

Lastly of course am I missing anything really important? (Besides learning how to get Wrye to make all these things play nicely.)

Agents Are GO! and his list of recommendations are pretty spot-on, as always. I can add a handful of recommendations to add onto his list: Inconsequential NPCs adds a whole lot of appropriate and unobtrusive-yet-functional NPCs, primarily in cities. Deadly Combat is definitely what you want for making combat harder, along with some of the AI-altering mods like Revenge of the Enemies and Enhanced Enemy AI. By the way, you totally should get both Immersive Weapons and Immersive Armors, they're fantastic.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

deathrat posted:

B-Team is awesome, and Terzaerian is actually Goon and frequent poster in this thread, The Mad Archivist.

I did know the latter part of this, just not his name on here. Awesome work, Mad Archivist!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Also, while I generally attempt to refrain from linking to Reddit because of rampant internet tribalism demanding everyone who cares about their online "cred" when seeing someone do so, I am hoping someone could comment on my bashing of ApolloDown here. I couldn't resist the opportunity to post a criticism while he was in one of the rare places he doesn't have full moderator powers over anyone who dares bring up the fact that he behaves like Abed from Community on bath salts. Somehow he's 12 years old, even though some of his references that he firehose-vomits all over the place pre-date that, meaning he's behaving quite immature for the 40-year-old he has to be.

the yeti posted:

Thanks guys! I think I puzzled everything out, and at least Skyrim Unbound fired up and all the UI stuff, textures (so far), and Deadly Combat seem to be doing what they're meant to. I installed Project ENB with the Fantasy settings, that's quite a spruce-up compared to the vanilla palette. I'm quite pleased so far to say the very least.
While Project ENB IS pretty decent and all, it is actually kinda outdated right now. I really wouldn't otherwise make an ENB preset recommendation, as there's so many and everyone's tastes are quite fine-tuned and all, but if you wish to update to something more current by a half-year of frequent ENB update releases, I heartily recommend
RealVision with option C to closely resemble Fantasy on Project ENB. I hope that, should you care enough to read this, you don't mind the contribution of my opinion!

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 12:41 on May 10, 2014

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Do. Not. Use. Duel Combat Realism. It is a loving garbage mod, period. Two really good options are both Ultimate Combat and Deadly Combat, with or without each mod author's other combat-related mods (both have one that adds dodging).

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I loving love EnaiSiaion.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Capn Beeb posted:

THEY HAVE A METAL GEAR? HERE?!

METAL GEAR?! [/hayter voice]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Oh, for the love of gently caress. Skyrim Ultra HD Texture Pack is now offline at SkyrimNexus. Can anyone help me in finding a copy of that one? Also, anyone know what the hell happened there?

• Locked thread