Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Gilg posted:

Seorin, which items constitute an artifact for the Artificer perk in SPERG? Is it just the items from the Daedric quests?

Most things from here and here. I omitted things if they were disenchantable, had a non-unique enchantment, or had an enchantment that wouldn't really work on other items (a lot of shields). The DLC patches also add similar items from each DLC, again according to pages on that wiki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Scyantific posted:

Content: I have added all the info for Seorin's SPERG mod in the appropriate place.

Thanks a bunch! I didn't get around to editing the OP before actually releasing 4.0, so at this point you might be better off copying the info from the Nexus page, which is a lot more up to date. If you want to just leave it, that's fine, too. It gets the point across well enough.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Just stop the quest before upgrading and start it again after. The 4.0 release is barely any different from RC1, so it's effectively the same upgrade.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

Gilg posted:

Hate to add another bug report for SPERG, but besides the Locksmith perk not seeming to work for me, Soul Scavenger is giving me nothing but Greater or higher souls, even on regular skeletons, draugr, and wolves. The only mod I can think of that might effect it is the Smart Souls SKSE plugin I use.

I'll check both things out, though I'm guessing the latter bug is either a weird conflict or just Skyrim being weird. That perk is one of many perks that read your game settings whenever you load your game (because any script modifications are reset on game load), so it always tries to 'know' what your settings are from any installed mods, not just assume the default values. Then, it modifies those settings via a script. Its modification is dirt simple in that it just drops everything down a tier. Lesser soul gets set to 1, common gets set to whatever your default lesser soul setting was, greater gets set to common, etc. So either something is modifying those default settings to a weird value, or Skyrim is spawning very high level skeletons and such. Either is possible, really.

I suppose it's also possible that somehow your game is remembering the script settings on game load. That always seemed like one of those things that shouldn't work the way it does, so it wouldn't surprise me if in some cases it works differently. If this were the case, it would be lowering everything by another tier on game load.

Akalies posted:

Also, speaking of SPERG - has anyone found a compatible way to keep the default Wards and buff up their effectiveness? I'm tempted to make a spell sword, but I really prefer the behavior of default wards over SPERG's bound shield. I think the original ward effect is pretty neat, and I like the benefit of being able to attack while 'blocking' that it offers. I've seen a few Ward mods, but I'm not sure how well they would play with SPERG.

SPERG doesn't edit the vanilla wards, so if you use any mod that changes them, it'll work fine with SPERG. Just turn SPERG's wards off, obviously.

Inverness posted:

Yes, discovering the fortification perk for Alchemy that actually makes leather and fur armor useful is magical experience for me. How useful is this for armor at higher levels of both alchemy and light armor skills?

This is also the first game that I've really tried using alchemy and it seems to level up rather slowly. :ohdear:

Fortifier benefits leather/fur armor similar to how the left side of the smithing tree benefits other low level armor types. It won't make leather suddenly become daedric quality, but it should make it good enough that you can hit the armor cap without too much trouble. It's just there to give you more gearing options if you happen to like the way a certain style of armor looks. From what I remember in my testing, it's pretty competitive with glass. I think the cuirass alone might actually be superior to glass, but the Matching Set perk makes a whole suit of glass better than a whole suit of leather. Either way, they're pretty close.

For leveling alchemy, the best way is to make expensive potions. There are guides out there that describe which effects are most expensive, so you just target ingredients with those effects and alchemy goes up like crazy.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Fiddle with SPERG's weapon speed settings. To avoid the super speed bug, SPERG drops its own bug fix ability with Elemental Fury active. If Elemental Fury has been edited, that could make it drop your weapon speed or have no effect, depending on the modification applied by Elemental Fury.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
If you're getting an actual message that says "skill synergy", it's not coming from SPERG.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Edit: ^^ yeah, that.

I think it takes 30 casts to learn the spell, but if I remember right, you can edit that number in the CK. Might not work for a game in progress, though.

For artifacts, I worked off of the list of artifacts and unique items on the UESP wiki. The only items I excluded were items that did not have unique enchants. For glittering prizes, I also excluded items where it wouldn't make much sense to transfer the enchantment elsewhere (many shield enchants).

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Yeah, just take a look at how the DLC patches do it. It's a general script that combines whatever lists you give it and re-applies changes if another mod using the script reverts them (for things like version changes).

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

Alasyre posted:

Edit: Also, Seorin, I took the Master Debater perk, but recieved no Magicka. Has this been reported? I'm using the 4.0 on the Nexus.

It's been reported, but thanks anyway. It's one of the first things I'll look into when I get to bug fixing.

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Seorin, while you're here can you tell me if Staves of Skyrim's perk tree is compatible with Sperg? I really liked how those perks worked but I am also loving Sperg.

I really don't know enough about other mods to say what conflicts and what doesn't. If you're persistent, you can make pretty much anything work alongside SPERG. I think some people are even using it together with SkyRe.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

Scyantific posted:

You'll want to load them before SPERG, so that SPERG can then come in and implement its own changes (I think. I'm not too sure now that SPERG has switched over to an ESM format). Maybe seorin can tell you. (Paging seorin to the thread again!)

The esm placement shouldn't matter because the only things in it are either unique or duplicated in the esp. The esp should go wherever the old esp went to make things work nicely. That contains the parts that actually override other changes, like the perk trees or a few individual perks.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

khy posted:

Does Seorin hang around this thread? I'd like to see if it's something he's seen yet.

It got reported on the Nexus once, so it's on my list of things to look into. It sounds like it's probably a pretty simple bug to fix.

Cardiovorax posted:

Maybe it's because I'm running SPERG, which modifies a lot of spells, but the frost projectile spells don't stick around at all while a lot of fire spells don't cause nearly as much fire as you'd expect them to.

SPERG doesn't modify most spells, actually. The ones that are modified can be turned off in the options.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

graynull posted:

I always meant to ask Seorin if that perk scaled based on like weapon skill or damage dealt or what. In the brief character life in which I tried it I was able to bash open the novice and apprentice locks I came across.

I honestly don't remember for sure, but I think it uses the base weapon damage (or shield armor). I know it's a lot easier to bash stuff open with a two-handed weapon than with a single one-handed weapon, and I think shields are somewhere in-between. If you've got glass or ebony you should be able to bash open even master locks, and you might even be able to do it as early as elven with two-handers.

Viperix posted:

Any idea if a mod can cause dual casting illusion spells to not work? The only mod on my list that alters magic is SPERG but it doesn't mention any changes to dual-casting. I assume it's a mod because I've never experienced this problem prior to this current mod configuration.

The game forgets you're dual casting whenever a spell is modified. The old version of Spell Charge would break dual casting for this reason. You'd start casting the spell, then you'd get a spell magnitude bonus after you started the cast. This caused the game to forget you were dual casting entirely. That's why Spell Charge doesn't affect dual cast spells anymore.

If any other mod is making even minor adjustments to overall spell magnitude or duration, it doesn't have to touch the spells themselves to ruin your dual cast bonus.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

futile posted:

Also, how are things going with any upcoming bugfixing patches for SPERGv4? Not to sound like a broken record, but with something so basic and noticeable as the sneak tree scaling being off, I figured we'd have seen one by now. Just wondering if you hit any roadblocks etc.

The delay is a combination of some real life issues and fatigue. I put in quite a few 15 hour days on SPERG leading up to release, so I haven't really wanted to look at it for awhile. If you've followed other projects I've done here on the forums, I have a bad habit of doing that. It's just really hard for me to pace myself, and then I burn out for a couple months.

I've made notes on all the different bug reports I've received, though, and fixed a couple things here and there using TES5Edit. It just doesn't amount to anything big enough to be worth updating, in my opinion. Once I actually pick it back up again, it shouldn't take me very long at all to go through the stuff that's been reported so far. None of it seems really complicated, at least at first glance.

khy posted:

PAGING SEORIN :

I only have 52 conjuration skill. Both of those frost atronachs are mine.

Is this a repeatable thing or just a weird thing that happened?

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

khy posted:

Sorry for not responding sooner but I've been busy at work and RL poo poo and yeah.

It's semi-repeatable. It seems like whenever I try to summon two atronachs near each other, the older one vanishes. But when the first atronach is offscreen or the new atronach is being summoned far away there's a decent chance (Like 30ish percent) that the first atronach won't vanish.

Unless you've noticed it tied to a particular perk, that doesn't sound related to SPERG. There have been some reported bugs caused by a summon becoming uncontrolled, but I was never able to reproduce the effect.

Time_pants posted:

Just wondering: has SPERG released a "final" version yet, or is it still being tweaked?

The current version is the final one. At this point there are just (mostly minor) bug fixes. I won't be adding anything new.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
I have a method for dealing with jerks on the Nexus comments that's worked extremely well for me so far. I know it sounds crazy, but I try to be polite and respectful. No matter what they're saying or what they intended, responding with anger or insults only draws more of the same. Treating people politely and with respect defuses many potential conflicts, and it's like kryptonite to trolls. I'm not saying you need to be a doormat, but you can refuse requests politely instead of doing your best Arthmoor impression.

On that note, I think banning people from your page is just likely to escalate problems. I foresee a lot of "why u ban me?" posts on the forums, and lots of mudslinging in both directions on and off the Nexus (particularly on the workshop pages for mods also available on the Nexus). Modders who utilize this new feature will most likely just be harming themselves. It's like free handgun day. Surely nothing bad will happen, right?

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

The Mad Archivist posted:

I don't mean slow down the rate at which you gain levels, I mean slow down the rate at which you can gain the skill. Basically the point is to make it so it's only possible to max out a small handful of skills, get average at a slightly wider pool of skills, but lock you out of leveling EVERY skill to 100. And it's something that's done dynamically, instead of by class rules (i.e. you're not good at Light Armor and Marksmanship and bad at Magic just because You Are a Ranger and That is What Rangers are Good/Bad at; you got good at Light Armor and Marksmanship and thus came to resemble something that is, for all intents and purposes, a Ranger)

Vanilla Skyrim's perk system seems geared towards that exact thing. Actual skill level barely counts for anything, it's the base level perks that really give you a noticeable boost. Magic perks are excluded from that, but unmodded magic also sucks, which kind of proves the point.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

Maybe, but it's still easily possible to get a character with 100s in like a bunch of disparate professions without trying especially hard. This is especially the case with the Speech skill - all of my characters end up being super-suave diplomat/blacksmith/swordsaints without even trying, so Speech or Smithing doesn't feel so much like a craft I am dedicating myself too, not like with magic or weapons. What I'm going for is something that, once you hit 100 in a certain number of professions, basically precludes you from getting up to 100 in the rest of them. Basically what it boils down to is a hard limit to the number of skill points you can ultimately attain, but the spread is determined by your gameplay. So you could be The Perfect Mage who gets 100 in all the magical professions, but you'd never get past 50 in everything else (and getting there would take prohibitively long); you could also be a bard-like character and get to 75 across a wide number of professions.

If I understand you right, you're saying that you want to be limited to a smaller number of truly useful skills, while the rest of them will be held back to around 50 skill or something, so they can't ever reach full power. Vanilla Skyrim does exactly that, it's just obscured and poorly balanced, so you wouldn't know it just from looking.

Taking a skill to 100 is nearly meaningless. Yes, they improve somewhat, but the real improvement comes from perks. Effectively, having a skill at 100 with no perks is equivalent to holding that skill back at half power. A daedric sword with 100 One-Handed will deal 21 damage per hit, and with perks that increases to 42. Add smithing and the difference is even more dramatic: 30.5 smithed with no perks, and 72 with the appropriate perks from both trees. The skill level is 100 in all of these examples, but the numbers end up dramatically different. This is how Skyrim is designed to work.

This breaks down only because skills are poorly balanced. Magic skills and lockpicking, for example, have really terrible perk trees. Because the perks aren't doing the job they're supposed to, the skills feel just fine at 100 skill. Don't mistake that as a benefit of having a high skill - it is actually a drawback of having lovely perks. What you want is a mod that balances the skills and perk trees. SPERG may not be to your liking, but you could try it with auto-perks turned off and it might give you what you want. You could also try one of the hardcore mods like Requiem, which require you to take perks for a skill to even become marginally functional. You won't have skills being locked off automatically, but they will be locked off based on your perk choices.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
If you do figure out a way to modify skill use mults via a script, you could hook into SPERG's skill up event (or add your own to story manager) to keep track of player skill gains, then adjust skill mults accordingly. The catch, as Kilroy says, is finding a way to modify those on the fly.

For a more blunt force approach, you can turn off auto-perk on only some skill trees. Since SPERG settings are per character, you'd just keep auto-perks for skills you're focusing on, then turn them off on the rest. Do that once for each character and you're good to go. It's not as dynamic as what you want, but it might come close to achieving a similar feeling.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

LtSmash posted:

Perks can use the Perk Entry point Modify Skill Use to adjust how quickly a skill levels up which is what the standing stones do. Check out doomMagePerk or doomWarriorPerk. Use the condition EPModSkillUsage_IsAdvanceSkill for the skill you want and a getVMQuestVariable pointing to a quest that has conditional properties that activate the right perk effects for the player's skills. Each perk can have multiple effects with different conditions so you can make them have different magnitudes without having to make 100 perks. The quest script just has to watch the player's skill increases for when it should set its variables and the perks will handle the rest.

Christ, I can tell I've been out of the game for awhile because I should have remembered that. Good thinking. :)

The Mad Archivist, I can think of probably a dozen ways to do it now, so if you need help, just ask.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

I should probably add you on Steam. Are you the orb with the santa hat?

Yup, that's me. I'm currently running the holiday contest thread, so it's a seasonally appropriate avatar.
It's more like the broken clock that's right once a year.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

The Lone Badger posted:

I'm trying to go back to an old character and I'm getting shittons of CTDs. I'm guessing it's because I'm not running the same mix of mods any more. What's the easiest way to see the list of mods that were associated with that savegame?
Also, will a rough upgrade of SPERG (without doing the uninstall -> clean save -> new version) break anything? I don't want to track down the old version I was using back then and install it so I can uninstall it from the save.

Going from a pre-4.0 version to the current one without uninstalling will completely and utterly break the mod and/or your save. They are basically two different mods that do mostly the same things, so you'd be removing a script-heavy mod without uninstall, then adding another one on top of it. It wouldn't even be an issue if mods could be safely removed without this uninstall nonsense, but maybe that's a goal for Elder Scrolls 6 16.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

The Lone Badger posted:

According to the SPERG options the 'fist' weapons are just a convenient way to select unarmed. There's another way to set the options that makes you autoequip them when you're unarmed and they never show up in your inventory.

This is right. They default to auto-equipping, so you should never know they're even there. Without them, unarmed won't level pick pocket, effects like acid splash won't work, and I think even weapon speed effects don't do anything (not entirely sure on that one). Those are the only things you lose if you turn it off, though. The option to have them show up in your inventory as a fist item was a requested feature that I added.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
It's a bug I've never been able to reproduce. Best I can tell, it only happens when Skyrim starts to forget things it was doing (such as when you're running a lot of mods, particularly script heavy ones). It seems as though despite the spell effect being removed from your character, Skyrim forgets to clean up the actor spawned by it. Think of it kind of like when you remove a mod without uninstalling it - all of the mod's scripts are still running, but they no longer belong to any mod, so you can no longer remove them. The phantom actor is kind of like those scripts - just a random thing that Skyrim forgot it's supposed to remove, so it hasn't.

Since the actor is still there, but there's no spell effect tied to it, there's no way to get rid of it. You might be able to kill or disable it from the console, but otherwise the only thing you can do is revert to a save from before it happened. If anybody knows of a better way, or of a way I could reliably reproduce the bug in order to fix it, I'd love to hear it.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

give me thread posted:

Thanks but I've already tried that. It just selects/disables whatever is behind it. I disabled a large chunk of the College. :cool:

Unfortunately, a base ID isn't going to do you much good, either. You need a reference ID, which is unique to your game.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

Emong posted:

So in SPERG, is it intentional that the Spectral Warding perk from the illusion tree doesn't stack with the Mage Armor perk from the alteration tree? Because it doesn't right now.

I have Ironflesh going and it gives me 5% magic resistance if I take the perk, which matches up with the 80 armor the normal spell gives, but not the 320 the buffed version gives, which makes me think there's a bug in there somewhere.

It's been long enough since I made it that I don't completely remember, but I'm pretty sure they shouldn't be stacking at all. Spectral Warding was intended for use on light armor wearers (though it obviously works for heavy armor wearers, too). Alteration already gives a lot of magic resistance, so it would be a little unbalanced if it powered up Spectral Warding as well.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

Quift posted:

While you are here, I'm having 2 small problems with SPERG. 1, my dog has vanished! I asked him to stay nnext to my horse when I went into a dungeon and he has been missing eer since.. (Dog from the speaking perk)

And, the soulstone forger, how do I get one? I cannot find one in the crafting menus nor as a spell?

IN other news, does anyone know of a mod that allows smaller souls to "stack" in larger gems? Aquisitive sould gems doesn't seem to work with the soul cloak spell from apocalypse which is a real shame, so know I have plently of grand and large gemss filled with minor souls.
Otherwise I had a great set up with smart cast (in combat->soul cloak, frost cloak, frost nova). Auto-collection on minor souls when riding around in the wildernesss.

The only reason the dog should vanish is if you told it to wait/travel, or disabled it. Try disabling and re-enabling, that will empty its inventory into your own and summon a new dog.

I'm not sure what you mean by a soulstone forger.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

Quift posted:

Yes, i asked him to wait outside a cavern next to my horse. What id does he have?

There is perk in the alteration tree that claims it allows the forging of an arcane converter. But how do I forge one?

The ref ID is unique to your game. Just disable him and re-enable him, or change the pet type. Both are options in the MCM.

You can make the arcane converter at a forge.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

Xtanstic posted:

One more SPERG question:

Should I turn off perk gain for the next few levels so it retroactively fixes perk balance, or am I worrying too much about having a "balanced" experience?

It should give you the appropriate number of points on character import, but I'm told it sometimes gets it wrong. There's an option in the config menu to set perk points to whatever you want, so you can fix any problems easily.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

epitasis posted:

Is there a reason you don't just include overwriting the Uncapper settings with the SPERG ones as part of the installation process seorin, given that this seems to be a common problem with mod managers?

It's there in the code, and it works fine for me. It doesn't work for a lot of people, though, and I don't know why. I don't even know if it's just a bug or something I did wrong. The installer is about as minimalist as it gets.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

atomicgeek posted:

Edit: Dude who built SPERG, you are amazing and awesome, and you really changed the game for me. Thank you so much. I only know you as Kim Jong-Un and I'm pretty sure that's not actually your handle. Keep on rocking in the Nord world, though.

Thanks! Your comment is especially appreciated today, since I just had to deal with a troll on the nexus page. Not a big deal, but it's nice to remember that those people are the exception, and at least some folks are really enjoying the mod. :)

I think you're confusing two of us, though. I made SPERG, and Scyantific blessed us with this thread.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Thanks guys. :3:

Now I feel bad I still haven't gone and fixed some of those final few bugs. I keep meaning to get around to it.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

hampig posted:

I've been playing happily with SPERG for 60 levels, and decided I now want to level light armor, but even in a full suit of light armor I'm not getting any skill increases from wearing it, which worked perfectly with a previous run and with this character with the mage armor perk leveling alteration.

Mage armor leveling alteration is a different script than the armor leveling. Make sure armor leveling is on in the MCM. If it is and the script is just mysteriously not working, you need to find a way to kick Skyrim into remembering that the script exists. Either remove and re-add the ability/perk that the script is attached to (sorry, I don't have the FormID handy), run the uninstall function, or turn it off and then on again in the MCM. These are general troubleshooting suggestions for the same problem that seems to be able to affect just about anything in the game, so they might not all work for armor leveling in particular.

Do you get light armor skill from getting hit? If not, that's going to be an uncapper setting or another mod screwing with some variables. You should probably check those first before messing around with trying to reset the script.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

Quift posted:

I might a have a bug in SPERG.

But this doesnt level destruction at all? Bug or WAD?

I don't think this has anything to do with SPERG. Check your uncapper settings first, and if those are fine, it's probably a bug on the spell itself.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

Edmond Dantes posted:

Hey Seorin, quick question: do any of the conjuration tree perks affect the Summon Dremora Lord spell? I'm not sure if it counts as an Undead or as an Atronach (or neither).

The undead perks only affect raise spells that need a corpse to work. The atronach perks only affect the three elemental atronachs from the original game. I wanted to do more, but it boils down to technical limitations making wider support really impractical.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

sockpuppetclock posted:

So the Rawlith Khaj racial bonus from Resplendent Racials Package won't work with SPERG because SPERG replaces the fists to a weapon, and Rawlith Khaj applies to the base fists. Is there a way to fix this?

Turn off SPERG unarmed in the MCM. Though unarmed bonuses should still apply to the "fist" weapon.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

Grondoth posted:

SPERG question:

I've unlocked Faith in the restoration tree. I figured what it would do is give me bonus hit points, or up the amount of hit points I have for a time. What seems to have done is allowed me to permanently increase my hit point pool by casting a healing spell at full health. Is this supposed to be happening?

They're not time limited, but they should go away when you lose them from getting hit. If they're sticking around no matter what you do, without you having to heal again to restore them, that shouldn't be happening.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

Grondoth posted:

Yeah, that's what's happening. I can get around 150 extra hit points, and if I don't cast any healing spells while they're depleted they'll slowly regen back up. An easy workaround would be to disable health regen, since I'm honestly not technically competent enough to figure out what's making it go wrong. Or just try to not deliberately break the game.

My guess is that Skyrim got busy with other things and forgot a script was running. The script adds and removes health buffs to achieve the effect, so if the script stops doing that, you just have a health buff. Try removing the perk and seeing if the buff goes away. Then try re-adding the perk and see if things work properly (whether the buff previously went away or not).

Other than trying to remind Skyrim there's a script it should be paying attention to, I don't really have a good way to fix it. These "bugs" that occur due to scripts that randomly stop running or just skip steps are the main reason I've been avoiding updating SPERG. I'm not good enough to fix a bug that occurs from scripts (in whole or in part) simply failing to run. I kind of wish I could find another explanation because I'd sure like to fix it, but the same thing happens across dozens of different scripts with seemingly no cause. :sigh:

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

LtSmash posted:

In version 3 SPERG perks were well known to cause crashes if given to npcs. Some of them relied on scripts hard coded to work for the player or even quests that would go crazy if npcs had them. Version 4 may have changed that but I would be surprised.

The only crash bug I was able to replicate occurred when a certain script got applied to an NPC via ASIS. I fixed the bit of code that was causing the crash, and then later I also fixed it so almost all scripts that should be player only check to make sure they're on the player before doing anything. Those scripts simply don't do anything when placed on NPCs. I still recommend excluding SPERG from ASIS, but more because anyone who does it anyway should really know what they're getting into first.

I'm not confident enough to say there are no crash bugs in SPERG (this is Elder Scrolls we're talking about), but there aren't any that I know of.

Technogeek posted:

Don't worry. It was meant for seorin to read, not you.

Thank you for that, by the way. I'm planning on looking into it when I get a chance.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

Dux Supremus posted:

Hey, seorin, just wanted to say SPERG rules. Put about 45 hours in with it now and it's fun to actually have choices to make when picking perks. Thought I'd ask: do complimentary abilities in 1H and 2H (e.g., Bone Breaker and Skull Crusher) stack, and if so is it additive (50% + 50% = 100% armor reduction) or multiplicative (.5 x 100 = 50 x .5 = 25% armor remaining)? I guess it's not too important since you're nullifying lots of armor which is cool either way.

Morrowloot with it is also really fun. Recommend the combo.

Most abilities stack multiplicatively, so if you have both armor piercing perks it results in 75% armor reduction. People constantly tell me this is overpowered despite it being one of the most underpowered combos in the mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

sleeptides posted:

So has anyone had an issue with SPERG where your attack speed becomes.... way too fast? I assume it is SPERG causing the problem because it only seems to happen with greatswords and I have the two-handed perk that gives them a 30% attack speed bonus. But every once in a while it seems to be closer to 300% - like just ridiculous speed-hack clear-a-fortress-in-two-minutes fast. Anyone gotten this bug and know how to resolve it?

Weapon speed should only ever be too fast if you have another mod which gives you a weapon speed effect and the weapon speed script has broken in some way. Mess with the MCM options just in case (you want to set it to 'off'), but if that doesn't work, you'll need to either identify the conflict or remove SPERG's weapon speed fix manually through the console.

Without going into too much detail, all weapon speed effects give 1 more weapon speed than they should to correct for a vanilla bug. When you have two effects both giving you that +1, your weapon speed is 100% higher than it should be. SPERG's weapon speed abilities do not give you that +1 precisely for that reason. Instead, the +1 is provided as a separate bug fix effect that can be removed or added as needed. It should happen automatically, but it obviously isn't because... Skyrim.

• Locked thread