Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

I keep getting an error opening dbg-file in the beta, anybody know a way to resolve this little problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Pain of Mind posted:

Also, I cannot go more than 3 turns without it crash due to some dbg error or whatever. Is that common or do I have a bad install?

Run as admin.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Reason posted:

Weird my shift works on my laptop, but not my desktop

Restarting fixed the shift key for me.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

amuayse posted:

I can't wait until Awesome Mercs comes out.

Gonna put in Natasha Kerensky leading Wolf's Dragoons. They will have absurd equipment and maximum XP and will cost like 5000 gold just to bid.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Zombie #246 posted:

I finally got this (the new one, anyway).

Don't really need to be. Mages are much more resistant to it, but unless they have either resistance to what they're doing or a crapload of HP or really high MR, they are going to loving explode after one or two area effects. The sheer volume of rolls practically guarantees it. Mictlan is a hell of a lot scarier now in spite of all the changes. Also, the Smoking Mirror may have just become a decent pretender choice.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

jBrereton posted:

Was than an AG Divine Throne or something?

That was an AG Divine Throne in SADASS, where the division I was in was dumb as poo poo and allowed someone to get both that thing and Jags. The worst part is, we could actually have killed him anyway, if not for a bunch of people staling out and the one other guy who stayed betraying me. And then, I think, staling out later.

Anyway, AwesomeGods is going to come back with Dom4, and it's going to be more awesome than ever, with all the new stuff I can put on gods. Especially the new ability to summon random creatures from a pool, either existing or built yourself, and the start of battle summons that don't require a #onebattlespell.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

jBrereton posted:

loving nice. Any way I can help?

Yes. Compile a list of every single god chassis, their name, and their creature number, and throw them all in a doc. Doesn't even have to be particularly organized, and it will make the modding go much faster.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

amuayse posted:

You're going to update it when the release comes out, right? Illwinter did say they would add a bunch of pretenders and put in the descriptions for the gods that don't have them.

I'm not even going to start until the release.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

jBrereton posted:

Here's your list of Pretenders for AG.

Why thank you, sir. This will make things go much more quickly, especially if it gets updated once the final game drops.

I wonder if/when the Mod Viewer will be updated. Anybody know who made that?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Dirk the Average posted:

Interesting little tidbit - there are apparently two extra Demon Lords now. Geryon, who is N/B/D, and Ashmedai, who is F/S/B. I assume they're new at least; they have no description available and everything that mentions Demon Lords from Dom3 only mentions four of them. I haven't tried either of them in battle, so I'm not sure if they've got any nifty abilities. Ashmedai has full slots and looks a bit like a Hinnom giant, Geryon has a head and two misc slots, and looks like an old Shedu with lizard hindquarters (he's also a heretic and has bringer of misfortune).

The more interesting thing is that you can add new demon lords, and new other random summons. There's a section in the mod guide showing how to make new random groups for summoning purposes. If there's still a need for Awesome Endgame, I can in fact make new uniques to slot into various categories.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

How are u posted:

I can't wait to see what kind of awesome ideas people come up with for unique summons and things like that. It's going to be...awesome :haw:

I'm pretty sure the Mother of Monsters/Echidna/whatever she is now is going to put a random number of random crossbreeds into play at start of battle. Probably something like 1d6 good ones, 2d6 bad ones, and 3d6 completely random ones. Maybe more! 3d6 random good and 12d6 random bad crossbreeds. AHAHAHAHA.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

jBrereton posted:

Yeah, I'm expecting a couple more Pretender Gods, like the very plausible reintroduction of the Mother of Tuathas, for starters.

I'm still amazed at how controversial she was even after I nerfed her.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

dis astranagant posted:

Even with the buffs online you can get hosed by lances and mass crossbows. He's really not much of a dragon.

A lovely thematic pretender? This one will get special attention.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

The Moon Monster posted:

Another problem with Caelum is they're almost hard countered by thugs/SCs with shock resist gear. Which your enemies are almost sure to build.

This is no longer even remotely true. Gear that used to give 100% shock resist now gives 15, and lightning spells can easily blow through that.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

According to the mod guide, a fire or cold resistance of 5+ protects you from the fatigue effects of the appropriate aura. Also by the mod guide, it looks like heat/cold auras don't vary their strength, only their area.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Pierzak posted:

But how does it affect trample now? :iiam:

Pretty sure it means that trample was causing sound effects at a constant volume regardless of the sound effect setting, nerds.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

dis astranagant posted:

Communions. Holy boosters exist but they're both unique artifacts.

This may not actually be true anymore. I'm pretty sure I saw at least one nonunique holy booster in the item list when I was doing a test run as Ulm.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

jBrereton posted:

Even in CBM, IIRC. 3 in CBM, 6 in AG, I think.

Here's your list of Pretenders for AG.

As soon as you feel like doing a final version of this, I'm going to start. And I'm on 24/7 on call duty for the next week, so I'm likely to have a fair bit of time sitting around hoping I don't get called.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

amuayse posted:

Oh yeah, could you make Annuaki of Sweet Waters amphibious in AG? It's kind of weird being the lord of waters, but needing scuba gear to enter your domain.

There are a lot of crazy things I need to remember, this is pretty low on my priority list. I mean, for one, I gotta remember to try out Summon Allies on a unique unit, so I can have a watery tart lob a sword at some dude and make him the once and future king.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

jBrereton posted:

Looks like all the names and ids are the same as before. Can't think of anything that's been added since 3.99g.

One thing worth noting is that it looks like the #montag command is broken at the moment, so any battle summons or whatever might need to wait until IW gets around to fixing it.

Works for me. Right now I'm wishing I could cause a commander to poof into being, but that seems to be not happening except via spells.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

amuayse posted:

What are your guys' thoughts on pikemen/longspearmen in line formation versus things like sacreds/giants?

If you expect a number of deaths, I would give serious consideration to the blob formation just for the extra +1 Morale. The formation will break down pretty quickly in that situation anyway. Line is mainly useful for blocking a lot of stuff.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Khisanth Magus posted:

Use guys in black plate. You should have taken max prod scales and your priest smiths will provide even more resources.

Your best stock infantry is pikemen, because they actually made weapon length matter in this go-round. Use the normal ones for expansion, the black plate ones vs enemies, unless you're up against blessed troops, which tend to have pretty crazy morale post-bless and will happily throw themselves on your pikes to get a shot at your face. Against those, you want to use the two handed flail guys. Much less weapon length, but they get two attacks a round, so you have a shot at killing them before they kill you.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Burnsaber posted:

So yeah. I did a thing where I updated the "Worthy Heroes" mod to dom4. It was long time ago assimilated into CBM, but llamabeast asked me to update the hero portion to dom4. It basically adds more heroes, especially to nations that have few of them and beefs weak heroes, especially the human "almost-thug" heroes.

Download, hero list and other further detail in the desura thread.

http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/worthy-heroes

If you want to contribute heroes, or hero ideas. Use the thread or fire me up in IrC.

Schneeble may still have our notes from when we were trying to get Awesome Heroes going, if you're interested. I'm not sure your ideas will align super well with mine, but it's worth a try. Talk at me on IRC if you like, or I have PMs.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

folytopo posted:

The Bodhisattva of Mercy is a beast

How so? It looked fairly average to me.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Speleothing posted:

No, just that one is totally unwishable.

But whenever you wish for a unit, it calls the lowest-numbered one with that unit type. So you'll only get one of the unique demon types. Every time you wish, you get that same demon.

The demon lords have their own types, though, so they're safe. You have to wish for "Lord of Hell" or whatnot. It's the lower ones like the Heliophagus and Ice Devils that you get shafted on, but why are you wishing for them anyway?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Why is W9 Bless so good?

It increases your defense by 4, making your troops more durable, and gives them Quickness, which gives them both better movement and more attacks per round, increasing their offense. In addition, extra attacks is a force multiplier, which no other bless gives (With the -possible- exception of Astral 9), and real ultimate power is all about stacking force multipliers.

It's the only bless that simultaneously increases offense and defense, and it pairs well with literally any other bless, in addition to being good on its own.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Dec 15, 2013

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

TheDemon posted:

The most promising avenue to mod pop growth from zero is the events system, as there is in fact an event that shifts population from one province to another. But events modding does not exist yet, and probably never will.

Have we actually tried a summon with negative popkill yet?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Neruz posted:

The Frost Bow does 10 cold based armor negating stun damage on hit, which is presumably part of the reason for the 'fire enchant doesn't work on ice weapons' bless and is amazing because stun damage is awesome.

It's true, stun damage is absurd. Especially if it ignores MR. in AwesomeSites I made sprites available for 50 gold a pop that did 100 Stun damage on hit with MR negates, and no normal damage, and people still bought them in droves. 100 is a lot more than 10, but 10 ignoring MR is still loving amazing, especially if it also deals normal damage.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

scalded schlong posted:

1+2+3...+n = (n/2 * n) + n/2, I think.

(n/2)*(n+1). 9 PD = 4.5 * 10 = 45 gold. 10 PD = 5 * 11 = 55 gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

scalded schlong posted:

Yeah, I've got skratti everywhere so I'm just going to load up on penetration amulets, repurpose my blood slaves, and start smiting. He's currently holed up in a besieged castle not realising he can wipe out the besiegers with ease.

I suspect that his dying will not have lost him his items, although if it has, it'll make him a hell of a lot easier to handle.

He'll have lost everything but the ring. Oni ghosts have 2 misc slots and nothing else.

• Locked thread