Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

jBrereton posted:

Nice. 31hp/turn regen. Excuse me while I throw up.

I don't think lifeless units can regen though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

It's only 300 gems worth of spring hawks, I advise attacking in the fall

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I think 40 leadership is the default: units with the poorleader tag will have 10 leadership

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

ok

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

dont attack skelton castle

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Torrannor posted:

So, how do I get rid of the necromancer's lair that spawned in my game (story events on)? It's constantly spawning undead armies which devastate my provinces and then apparently spawn special sites and reduce the population of these provinces to 10.

You can't, those events will continue for the rest of the game. Your best bet is to give up on every adjacent province, trade them to a neighbor if you can

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Smerdyakov posted:

I'm Agratha and I invaded Lanka last turn

hey we still had 3 turns of NAP left :mad:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

lol

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Archenteron posted:

My vote's on enough PD to make even Kitfox shudder.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

heres a hint

as an aside, does anyone know if PD commanders not routing at the 25% hp mark is an intended change? Or did that whole mechanic get revamped on dom4

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

therewasareallygoodnamehere

Imma go AI, there's nothing I can do to stop Agartha's momentum at this point

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

:toot:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Turin Turambar posted:

Finally, the secret of ponies!

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Kitfox88 posted:

We need a spell that's like a reverse GoR so you can turn commanders into troops, obviously. :downs:

Enslave Mind and Master Enslave do that

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

looks like a job for rain of stones

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

jBrereton posted:

e: ^^^ Phoenix Pyre definitely does transfer to slaves, and it will probably cost you your entire mage line if you have non-F mages in the communion, because they'll all go up.

Your mages will also eventually cast it whether you script them to or not :unsmigghh:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

*mashes T*

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Charm is really good for them to cast: the biggest problem with Charm is that the range on it is pretty short, but worm mages are immortal and Eye of the Void+Spell focus are cheap so who cares.

With the change to targetting with MR Negatable spells a couple patches ago, Charm and Hellbind Heart will pretty much always choose the best target in range (high hp low MR dudes, followed by high hp medium MR dudes, with an apparent preference for commanders.) Its really good and probably way more disruptive than other things the worm mage could cast, depending on what you're up against

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

prod is amazing if you have real cheap real good heavy troops like LA Atlantis, its less good if you don't

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

being unable to die even though they wish for it, tartarians eventually stop thinking

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

TheresNoThyme posted:

Enslaving the pretender chasis dudes who show up on level 3 thrones is also pretty darn fun

:yum:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

If you start next to MA Ermor you should always NAP with MA Ermor immediately and hope the other neighbours are strong enough to kill Ermor. (make Ermor agree to no border temples as part of the NAP too, this'll make the arrangement less hard on you and also make Ermor's temples easier to kill)

If you start far away from MA Ermor you should ally everyone against MA Ermor asap and also try to get everyone declaring war on Ermor-NAPed nations

If you start as MA Ermor NAP your first neighbor and build temples along that border

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Ive probably lost half a dozen huge fights in dom3 and 4 because my Mass Flight caster decided Wind Guide was more important. If you want to guarantee Mass Flight or other spells with huge stamina costs get cast, make sure you have other mages casting the less expensive battlefield-wide spells in that school first. I really wish there was a "don't go off script unless you absolutely can't cast the scripted spell fucker idiot" checkbox

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Feb 21, 2015

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

*walks into Bogagrad or whatever, theres firebirds everywhere crapping fire on all the trees and buildings* woa this place is really lucky

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

amuayse posted:

Smoking Mirror can get you pretty wacky stuff.

no f9 :destiny:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Enchantment was really good for getting your carrion factory going as Pangaea in dom3, I don't know how important it is for Asphodel though

Strength of Giants can be pretty important though

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

fires from afar is a good way to screw up someone's carefully planned communion before an important battle, a couple dead theurgs will make a big difference

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

Always meme. Always.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

jellyberd

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Decrepus posted:

CoE was good because you start with one guy who is super important and irreplaceable and after he gets killed by a deer you are just supposed to sit there collecting your one super mario coin per turn until you can recruit a footman.

Thats pretty much game over unless you'rep laying on a super low difficulty, the game just takes a while to tell you you've lost

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Has there been any word on changes to CoE4's turn structure? Each player having to take their turn consecutively kinda kills multiplayer

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Libluini posted:

Apparently it takes some time for them to desert, since I got a horror by charming it a lot. And that was three turns ago. Still doesn't want to leave me. :3:

afaik deserters just roll vs desertion every turn, so it could theoretically stick around forever

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Absum posted:

Apparently my mages are all very heroic?

heroic skelton manufacturers

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Samog posted:

the difference is that you can position and script your armies in dominions, while in coe you are only allowed to push stacks around and the combat is 100% ai-run

does CoE4 have unit positioning? units move individually on the battlefield in CoE4, they didn't in CoE3

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

wait are multiplayer turns in coe4 really not simultaneous? someone in the thread told me they are simultaneous

amuayse posted:

Flavahbeast posted:

Has there been any word on changes to CoE4's turn structure? Each player having to take their turn consecutively kinda kills multiplayer
It's simultaneous

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Bringing back a vastness as a mummy is the best, mummies hit old age in a few hundred years but vastnesses are thousands of years old so mummified vastnesses have enormous old age penalties.

Also the idea of taking an undefined number of huge weird space orbs and wrapping them in some rags to make them mummy-shaped is really funny

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Chairman Pow! posted:

Mechanics question! If I'm attacking the army that is sieging my capital can I do that from multiple territories? If I move armies from neighbor provinces and attack on the same turn, will each individual army attack one at a time? Will they all attack at once?

Is it better to take a turn and combine them together then move and attack?

It depends - if the enemy player doesn't move their sieging army then all of your troops will fight a field battle as the attackers against all of the sieging troops on your capital.

If the enemy player chooses to attack one of your armies in an adjacent province then it's a coin flip whether their army or your army in that province moves first. If your army moves first then all of your troops will fight a field battle as the attackers against all of the sieging troops on your capital. If their army moves first then your army in that province will not move and will fight his army as the defender, and your troops moving from other provinces will move into your capital province.

If the enemy player moves their sieging force into another territory they control that move will resolve first and no one will fight anyone unless you are attacking that territory

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Roland Jones posted:

Anything that's attempting to break the siege from inside would attack in a separate phase, however.

Are you sure this is true? I thought siege breaking units joined the attack with units moving in from outside provinces, but I haven't actually played dom in a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Lead out in cuffs posted:

So I'm only in my first MP game ever, but in this game there's only one ocean power (MA R'lyeh), who has easily become the biggest power in the game because nobody else yet has the capability to fight in the ocean (it's around turn 40), and they basically just took a handful of land provinces then proceeded to take all the ocean.

Is this a common occurrence in games? Are single ocean powers (especially ones with move-10 teleporting thugs) just basically OP?

It's possible the map wasn't balanced correctly for the number of water nations. If there's only one water nation in a 10 player game and a third of the provinces are in a contiguous ocean the water guy will probably do pretty good

• Locked thread