Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Dunno what my favorite episode is, either the one in which Dee turns into an ostrich or Charlie Rules The World because of Dennis' "I AM GOD" dream sequence. Tonight's title and summary sound amazing as usual- The Gang Group Dates The gang gets into the online dating scene to expand their matchmaking potential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

robot roll call posted:

I just rewatched and oh my god that look on Dennis' face when Mac meekly comes up to ask him for credit for the plan

Yes Yes Yes times a billion. I caught it on the first go around and It was ever so slight but that's honestly one of the moments that stood out the most in my mind among all the other brilliant things in this episode.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Who was in the toilet stall when Charlie and the inspector went into the bathroom?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
After my first watch I thought it might have been Dennis to help explain why he looked so sick and exhausted at the end, but he's behind the bar when Charlie and the lady walk out. On the second watch I didn't find any clues. I think I like the Cricket answer.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 7, 2015

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
The entire cast was on last night's Conan, anyone catch it? Devito was awesome, no surprise there.

Devito: "My dad had a box full of teeth and watches"

The segment opened with a preview of an upcoming episode that looks like the gang are contestants on a game show.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Feb 24, 2015

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Yeah, Dee destroying the buzzer absolutely slayed me. That and Cricket's video appearance.

How is it that every single actor on this show does the most amazing facial expressions in the history of TV acting? Dennis and Dee are the best at this but half the fun in rewatching each episode is looking for that subtle tic, sly smile, wink, or look of horror from anyone in the background.

You know what I'd like to see more of? I'd like more episodes featuring animals. I mean, some of the best episodes feature cats and birds in walls, cats in burning buildings, a cat that was "born on a piece of sheet metal in a pool of gasoline", and of course Mac's immortal dog Poppins AKA the dog that will eat a bottle of shampoo because "he loves that poo poo". Oh, and kitten mittens of course.

I'd also like some background on the old grungy dudes that hang out in the bar. What if those dudes are actually Mac, Dennis, and Charlie reliving their past and we're just seeing their demented reminiscing?! /endFanfic

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
^^ Just amazing. He truly is a The Golden God.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Ithaqua posted:

It's the only episode of this show that I've never watched all the way through because I get bored after the first 5 minutes.

What is wrong with you

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I have no idea what my overall favorite episode is, but the one single scene that gets me every time is when Dee is shown as an ostrich. No matter how many times I see it and know that it's coming, it just absolutely slays me.

Stupid bird bitch.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
PEPPER JACK LOVE FRAGGLE ROCK

"Do these shears cut through bone?"

Goddamn this show never gets old ever

isaboo fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Oct 1, 2015

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Dead Precedents posted:

How are ya'll forgetting about Pepper Jack? Dee was his best ho.

Pepper Jack love Fraggle Rock!

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Pharmaskittle posted:

Charlie's uncle is the only thing in the entire show that, while still hilarious, actually makes me a tiny bit uncomfortable.

Put your hands on top of mine

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Bert Roberge posted:

I love that we're getting a whole episode that's an homage to this.

Ha! I forgot that one, but I immediately thought of Hot Dog: The Movie and Ski School

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Big Mean Jerk posted:

More importantly, what does Frank smell like

Rum ham, duh

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

AgentF posted:

radiatinglines was correct and then there were a bunch of posts that seemed so eager to jump on him and didn't actually understand what he was saying. The point was that the particular joke relied on Dennis' past characterisations as a monster in order to be funny and that this is indicative of a show's decline as it gradually relies more on past references than original comedy that stands on its own.

Also this season has been pretty awful. Hoping they've just front-loaded the bad episodes like they often do and it will end on a high.

Counterpoint: this season has been awesome so far but sorry you don't enjoy fun things

Also

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

AgentF posted:

Counterpoint: Are you sure that's a counterpoint?

I don't know am I?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

I did a bit of googling, it doesn't seem like there's an actual Law set in stone preventing Child Actors from swearing or being around swearing, but having "safe" version of the script for them to use is also common. It's probably just something that's informally become part of working with child actors.

Even if there were a law, the gang's plucky Bird Law lawyer would handle that poo poo with ease.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Glenn Howerton's veins and neck muscles deserve an Emmy all to themselves. I love seeing Dennis The Golden God go off.

I'm disappointed we'll never see Poppins again. Some of my favorite episodes feature animals... Poppins, Agent Jack Bauer (born on a piece of sheet metal in a pool of gasoline), Kitten Mittens cat, Cats and birds in Dee's walls, etc.

There's a GODDAMN BITCH BIRD in every episode though, so I guess that counts.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Cojawfee posted:

I'm looking for some "God's not real so I can do whatever I want" plot lines.

But god IS real and his name is Dennis Reynolds. God Dennis even made mortal Dennis blow him.

Probably my most favorite Dennis moment followed by "i am untethered and my rage knows no bounds" and "have you ever been in a real storm, Wally?"

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

RoughDraft2.0 posted:

Renewed for seasons 13 and 14:

http://deadline.com/2016/04/its-alway-sunny-in-philadelphia-renewed-season-13-14-fxx-1201729976/

If FXX orders a 15th season down the line, it will become the longest-running live-action sitcom in television history. (Although I'm sure Ozzie and Harriet will always have the largest number of episodes, back when TV was a sausage factory.)

Yahoo this is excellent news! Chardee MacDennis 3 and 4... bring it on, jabronis!

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

ChesterJT posted:

pahuyuth posted:
Yahoo this is excellent news! Chardee MacDennis 3 and 4Frank/Dee/Dennis/Charlie Day... bring it on, jabronis!

quote:

ftfy

I will accept this edit, though I had to read it a few times to get it.... since that's Charlie's name IRL I was all cornfused

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

hell yes

I'd kinda like to see an episode from the point of view of the random old alcoholics that are often in the bar just sitting there watching The Gang's shitshow

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I'll watch it because Kaitlin is awesome and someone needs to support that bird bitch

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Millions of Crows posted:

Should we use this thread to talk about the Mick? So far it can accurately be described as Sweet Dee Babysits Rich Kids. Like it's an IASP side story. That isn't a bad thing.

I liked the pilot, haven't seen the 2nd episode. Caitlyn's knack for physical comedy and her various groans are enough to make her a national treasure and more of her in anything is Good.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
They never showed what the key that Abby swiped from Dennis opens did they? I know it was probably a locker at the park, but it would have been cool to see her open it and find a head or at least serial killer tools. You know, for the implication.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Well poo poo I missed that. Are we sure there wasn't any duct tape, pliers, or chloroform in there?! Great episode for sure.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Not sure if this was posted already and I'm sure a lot of you here read this site anyway but Alan Sepinwall talked to Glenn Howerton after the finale and asked him about Dennis' future among other things.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
The one scene that always gets me no matter how many times I've seen it and know that it is coming, is when Dee knocks the buzzer off the pedestal in the Family Feud episode.

Goddrat that cracks me up.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Jimmy didn't have POCKET SAND so he used loose change. Excellent.

I too was fixated on the sandwich Chip was making and knew something was gonna happen but didn't expect the finger chop. Had to rewatch that a few times

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
That is one angry bird

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Hakkesshu posted:

He also isn't gone.

Good because I have nothing Dennis shaped to fill my hole

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I loved it ya jabronis

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
edit: oops wrong thread
I'm super into hot ripped Mac tho

isaboo fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Sep 4, 2018

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
someone make a SHUT UP BIRD smilie

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
lol just lol if you're not watching this show after chugging a beer sniffing glue and eating cat food and instead get caught up in plot minutiae. i feel bad for you jabronis

shut up birds

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Roadkill and roast beef sandwiches.

Anyone else uncomfortable?

E: lol.this episode is hilarious

isaboo fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Oct 11, 2018

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Frank's long legs got me

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I caught it!

Episode woulda been even better if the McPoyles and/or Gail the snail were there and remembering things differently.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

holy poo poo I had no idea he was Jake in Tales Of The Gold Monkey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
The song was Sigur Rós’s “Varúđ".

The Vulture article in the tweet a few posts above is a good read on how Rob prepared and learned the dance routine but is still a bad dancer.