Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

timpanihilistic posted:

Yeah, I'm in the underwhelmed camp. I still love this show, and to expect every episode to be classic status would be unfair. Episodes I'm not crazy about just make the really good ones even better. I'm glad others liked it, though! :unsmith:

I think you're crazy. We had guns, Dee freakouts, Rock Flag and Eagle, Indiana Jones talk, swords, Dave Foley, Frank eating Hoagies on tv, uncle lawyer with pictures of naked boys. I mean come on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

timpanihilistic posted:

I get that...which is why I put realistic in quotation marks. It's not the exact term to describe what I'm talking about, but "crushed by harsh reality" is a little closer. Frank on TV was just too out there for me to accept, especially accompanied by not-so-closeted pedo Jack Kelly.

Uhh that's constitutional law expert Jack Kelley thank you very much.

You may have just hit the point where you don't like the show anymore. You clearly can't explain why but you don't have to. It's just tastes. Still think you're crazy though.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Well lets be fair. That's usually a drop in the bucket that is politician fearmongering. I thought the guy who said the episode was light on commentary missed like 90% of the episode.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

emanresu tnuocca posted:

At least you don't have a sword problem, a far more serious issue.

We'd shoot you from like a mile away. There will never be a sword problem in America. :colbert:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Glenn tweeted that Nicki Potnick is not the waitresses name. I wonder if they'll just end the show without telling us.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I'm surprised no one mentioned the reference to The Office.

"what are you doing in my office"

Said by Oscar who was in The Office

You're joking right?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

I was so excited when Mac was warming up on the mat because I knew it would be awesome. The way they gave Mac an out with the point was fantastic. Also going directly from Country Mac grabbing the knife and throwing out a jabroni to Mac making GBS threads his pants, holy poo poo.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Oct 4, 2013

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Barf Wight posted:

Country Mac was the best, Sean William Scott nailed it. "you bring a knife to a fight, you better be ready to use it, jabroni"

"Oh my god that was SO badass!"

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

The last episode of Brooklyn 99 had the waitress in it playing a coroner. She was pretty great and it's a decent show so far. Not sure if her character will be recurring or not though.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

I imagine that people not familiar with Algernon will have no idea what the episode title means or how it relates to the story. First one they've done like that I think.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

OdorousTobacco posted:

What's the holdup getting Season 8 on Netflix?

Good question. I was always told it wouldn't appear until it's dvd release date but that was over a month ago now so no clue.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

For me it's Charlie's dream book when he spots the Denim chicken, which is ridiculous enough on it's own, but his delivery when he asks hopefully "...Denim chicken?" is amazing.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Dammit I love Family Feud and that would have been awesome!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

drat I just looked again last night and it wasn't there so I was going to give up for another couple of weeks. Thanks!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Irish Joe posted:

:stare:

..what? I just saw that movie a few weeks ago and don't remember Kaitlin Olsen at all.

She played a Russian chick.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

TUS posted:

Watched the Science is a Liar Sometimes bit and it's still as amazing as I remembered it.

I just rewatched that episode last night for at least the 10th time and every scene is still fantastic. Also I forgot how amazing the Wedding Massacre episode was. I hadn't watched that one since it aired.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

A leather shop in Arizona?

Ees vill vork Dennis, ees vill vork!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

escape artist posted:

When does Season 9 go up on Netflix? Because I don't remember any of this poo poo you guys are talking about.

I was always told not until seasons are available for purchase in stores or online. You can pre-order the blu-ray on Amazon now but it doesn't have a date yet. Although season 8 was out on dvd for a few weeks before it hit netflix.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

mojo1701a posted:

They also "win" in Flowers for Charlie, by ignoring those stupid science bitches and going home to watch Police Academy.

Mahoney is my favorite!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

That family feud episode is going to be loving amazing.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Just to be clear, I did not write this song and have never had sex with a child, just to be clear.

I am going to slap your face off of your face.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

David D. Davidson posted:

So which episodes are the ones that feature Rickety Cricket.

From memory...

The gang dances their asses off
The gang gets whacked 1&2
Macs big break
The gang exploits a miracle
The gang cracks the liberty bell

I'm probably missing one or two

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Whalley posted:

I used to hate Danny Devito (I don't know why) so when I saw he was in Season 2, I gave up on the show entirely. I didn't even start Season 2, I was so mad. In, like, season 5, a friend finally convinced me to rewatch it and give Danny a shot and holy gently caress; he's become one of my favorite actors, and I completely agree that signing him was not just a turning point, but brought in a lot more attention and fans than the show would otherwise had made.

If you don't like Throw Momma From the Train then :getout:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

This is a couple days old but I don't think it was posted. Short article where they ask Charlie Day and Kaitlin Olson to pick their five favorite episodes so far. http://www.esquire.com/blogs/culture/favorite-its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-episodes I was a little disappointed there wasn't more to the picks other than "I really thought that one part was funny" only because I was hoping for some behind the scenes stuff.

Kaitlin picks:
"Hundred Dollar Baby"
"Dennis and Dee Go on Welfare"
"The Gang Buys a Boat"
"The Gang Gets Analyzed"
"The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award"

Charlie's picks:
"The Gang Sells Out"
"The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell"
"The Gang Gets a New Member"
"The Gang Dines Out"
"The Gang Broke Dee"

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

goldblums eyes posted:

The end of Broke Dee is so good for the opposite reason why the end of the Boggs episode was good.

Dennis not knowing how to react at not being in on the joke is the best part of that episode.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's weird, everyone I watched Frank's Brother with enjoyed it... but it seems to be one of the most hated episodes online. Worth watching just for Shady Nasty's.

Its just one long narrative with no real funny parts and the whole payoff scene at the end that could have redeemed the episode wasnt funny at all.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

FadingChord posted:

They're probably down to zero stars.

ITS A FIVE STAR BAR.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Psycho Pete looks like he's had a few rough years. (Spoilered in case some people don't want to see him until the episode airs.)

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Criminal Minded posted:

Yeah, those are massive Hollywood productions. This is a niche sitcom.

Meaning what? That still doesn't make it something new.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

Wait, is someone really not impressed with that episode?

gently caress that. That was some extraordinary television.

Oh it was fantastic, one of my favorites, but it's not groundbreaking or more impressive just because it was done on tv or that they don't have a "hollywood budget". And calling a show on it's tenth season with at least two more bought and paid for hardly qualifies as niche tv.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Derv1sh posted:

The whole masturbation thing seemed a bit ham-fisted.

You're mashin it.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

He was establishing dominance!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

I was really looking forward to this episode since I heard about it and was a little disappointed. Maybe it's because I built it up so much but the first act was kind of flat for me. Mac screwing up the game rules was good as was Charlie (Cottage Cheese killed it), but Dee wasn't funny until she broke the buzzer and I didn't think Frank was worth a anything until he killed every answer which was great. Dennis was good in the middle but the end part with him on the ground was kind of weak. This season is just weirdly uneven to me so far but it's still better than 95% of what's on tv.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

elwood posted:

I would say that he is a loving rear end in a top hat, but whatever floats your boat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az0BJRQ1cqM

"On no, someone has a different view on religion than me and I dont know how to process that" says teenagers and religious fanatics alike.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Shadow posted:

lol'd at this though

The utter dead silence from the crowd is sooooo uncomfortable.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

I've been poisoned by my constituents!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

I hope Franquito becomes another reoccurring character.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Yeah, Frank's Brother is easily the worst episode in the series, followed by the Liberty Bell episode.

Liberty Bell is great.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Easychair Bootson posted:

Who's this bozo that didn't like Liberty Bell?

Maybe he didn't understand. Let me start over. The year was 1776...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mange Mite posted:

Also the political cartoon

"This appears to be a drawing of the two of you sodomizing the king while the queen is forced to witness"
"Nayeth!"