Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

e: hooray, new thread tag!

<----- me IRL about Sunny being back

nasboat fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

I think you're reaching pretty far here to make a connection, outside of the fact that the guy who plays Huell was in the episode.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

oh my god that photo

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

who is that playing the gun vendor? He looks so familiar.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

catpowerd posted:

I loved Frank's reaction to finding out he has to grease up the dudes.

This was my favorite part.

Was kinda surprised they didn't finally just say "no, gently caress you, Mac Day is over and we're not doing it" since that's a very Gang thing to do.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

stupid science bitch couldn't make I smarter

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

There's so many good lines that I will remember randomly, I don't think I could ever pick a favorite.

Although one that's near and dear to my heart is "....so what's your bean situation?"

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

For some reason I've always spelled it HUER. All caps required.

Charlie's "what aaaare yooooou?" to the calculator is also an all-time classic, made better by the fact it was a legit ad lib.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

I don't think a season has gone by without having 2-3 episodes that are just all-timers for me or close to it (my list is hefty), so generally when debate comes up about 'worst' season, it's varied because it's honestly hard to find full seasons that were bad (or even mediocre, really).

It's been a remarkably consistent series.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

is there anyone who didn't like The Gang Buys A Boat?

that and The Gang Gives Frank An Intervention are two of the best ones they've done in the latter half of the series

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

clockworx posted:

Not sure how you missed her - I spotted here right away, but here's a screen cap of her scene if it helps.

:golfclap:

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Turtlicious posted:

He just punched a guy, that guy bumped into a woman, and that woman snapped her neck against a stool.

<------
Hundred Dollar Baby!

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

The beginning of a long and fruitful relationship with the lawyer.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Pt. 2 (I think it's part 2) contains one of my favorite random non-gang lines of the show (it's Buster the jockey, won't spoil it for you though).

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

nasboat posted:

Pt. 2 (I think it's part 2) contains one of my favorite random non-gang lines of the show (it's Buster the jockey, won't spoil it for you though).

"C'mon, you old son of a gun, and let Buster do a line off your boner."

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

I've been rewatching the past two seasons on my DVR and although I really don't much care for "Frank's Back In Business" as a whole (cue everyone dying at Dennis 'getting off' etc) but Dee yelling "OH poo poo, FREE BATTERIES!" when they go into the suite at CBP is still comic loving gold.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Lancelot posted:

Just did an eleven-episode run of all the Rickety Cricket episodes. Such a great supporting character, and it's really funny to see him getting worse and worse, then his fake-out redemption in his priest clothes in "The High School Reunion", only to find out he's still a desperate drug addicted maniac.

What's great is after all that, you'd get to the last episode and the Gang would be baffled as to why Cricket thinks they have beef with him.

They've ruined that poor bastard's life. Not to mention all the teabags.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

I mean, Dennis is pretty much a rapist (see: The High School Reunion, Pt 2) and is definitely a sociopath

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Mac and Charlie Die needs more love

What's your bean situation?

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Charlie refusing to be in the car crash and the look/thumbs up he gives Mac before he takes off is incredible

the entire opening scene in front of the parole board is incredible

the wedding dress, the poppers, "OOOOOOOOOOOOOORGY"

Dennis refusing to burn the duster. Mac's mom falling asleep watching Mama's Family at the memorial service.

Charlie being fully ready to set himself on fire. Charlie not being able to figure out the stick and bindle. "LET'S PICK THE ONE WHERE WE DON'T DIE."

Charlie giving Mac the poppers while he's walking and firing shots from the gun!!!

it very well may be my favorite ep of Sunny ever

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

that ep was great and had three moments that I had to rewind and watch multiple times because they were so funny (Frank saying "I'm Frack. poo poo." and blowing the whistle; 'looks like the spider caught herself a fly' and 'hey, are you the whore who bangs everybody?')

also I thought Mac said gently caress but I didn't go back to see, it definitely stood out though

e: how did I forget "you convince yourself that you’re tough, and that you’re straight." "I am tough."

e2: did anyone else wonder why Dennis was over at Dee's place? does he live there because they burned up his apartment in the season finale?

nasboat fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 22, 2015

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

I have very high expectations for this episode, from everything I've heard it should be a great one.

<----- obviously

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Dead Precedents posted:

“I think she tried to kill herself.”
“She did, she did. I saw it, but I didn't tell you about it...”

this is the part that really makes it, I die at Mac's delivery of that last line every single time

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

I'm gonna blame Cricket on this one since David Hornsby wrote the ep and it did feel pretty weak to have a 'creampie' joke be the center of the episode

the waiter stuff was pretty good though

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

oh my god

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

I look forward to seeing how poorly this ends for them

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

that was good poo poo, much better than last week imo

"YOU CAN'T READ!"

and of course RUM HAM

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Bill Ponderosa has become probably my favorite non-Gang character on the entire show. Sorry Artemis. Sorry Cricket. Gail The Snail....you need more appearances.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

NowonSA posted:

Also I didn't laugh at all at the buzzer, but I guess I just need to watch Sunny more often.

I didn't laugh that hard at first, but when I rewatched and paid attention to how she hits it, it cracked me the gently caress up. I rewound it like 10 times. She loving sideswipes the hell out of it for no reason and it killed me.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

don't know if anyone else noticed, but as a lifelong Kentuckian I was excited to see Mac sporting a "Big Bone Lick State Park" t-shirt

yes, it's a real thing

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Easychair Bootson posted:

I don't know what it is but every god drat it on this show cracks me the gently caress up. Each character has his/her own great delivery of it.

perfect excuse to post this again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLp3YkxsUmc

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Attention, passengers. This is your captain, Boss Hogg, speaking. And this cold slice of heaven is my 40th beer of the afternoon. So any of you dicknips think you can slug it down faster than me, you're welcome to get your fat asses up here to try.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

The callback to Mac's Banging The Waitress was great, as was the return of subtitles.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

drunken officeparty posted:

Who was the paint chip eater actor? He looks familiar to me.

Dax Shepard.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

for those of you who aren't sports fans, deer antler spray was a thing because supposedly Ray Lewis (from the Baltimore Ravens) and some Alabama football players had used it as a performance enhancer and it's been compared to HGH (human growth hormone)

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

I'm sure there will be a number of disagreements but I still think Season 8 is the worst season by a pretty fair margin. That being said, it still has a number of good episodes, but nothing on the level of Charlie Work or Frank Retires.

The only episodes this season that I thought were underwhelming were Psycho Pete Returns (aside from the opening scene, which I loved -- anytime the gang sings, it's fantastic), The Gang Spies Like U.S. and, to a certain extent, The Gang Goes On Family Fight.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Mary Elizabeth Ellis tweeted a pic of a prop list for one of the episodes they're currently shooting and it cracked me up.

https://twitter.com/meellisday/status/593788309345701888

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Irradiation posted:

That's actually where they met.

I actually saw one or both of them tell the story in a YouTube vid or maybe on a podcast not too long ago (can't remember what, off-hand) and I'm pretty sure he met her at a bar in the late 90s/early 2000s. They've been together for awhile.

nasboat fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 13, 2015

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Who Pooped The Bed is a great episode, upper-tier Sunny. I think opinions on this may hinge on how comfortable/uncomfortable you are with poop. It's not like it's a whole bunch of poop jokes. It's not about the poop. It's about the mystery....around the poop...

The High School Reunion eps are great and should not be on a 'worst-of' list.

Frank's Brother is basically the answer here, as many have said. Psycho Pete Returns was a pretty bad ep but it does have them singing along to 'Psycho Killer' by Talking Heads and that part is hilarious. Anytime the gang sings is great (I can't hear Motownphilly anymore without hearing 'MY FRIEND EXPLODED, MY FRIEND EXPLODED')

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

Pooping the bed has some great scenes, but the overall premise is really crass and out of place in the series.

Brock Samson posted:

Poop doesn't seem that out of place in a show with eps dedicated to buckets of blood, creampies, "niggers hanging from rafters", banging pre-op trannies, etc. But maybe I'm just old fashioned.

Yeah, Who Pooped The Bed is really not that out of place overall with the show's history. And honestly, I thought the whole 'creampie' storyline from last season was far more flimsy and weak of a premise/episode, and was probably the second-worst ep of the season (after Psycho Pete). It was a one-note joke that wasn't that funny or creative.