Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Doug Stanhope argues against Breast Cancer awareness in football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY3W9Z4bdS8

I feel like his point is pretty valid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

GD_American posted:

I love seeing the NFC East having the worth of the bottom 6 inches of your septic tank. I hope it gets worse and someone wins the division with a 6-10 record.

Cowboys' 4 game winning streak starts this week.

I love being a Packers fan. Most unconcerning 1-2 start ever.

edit: And I traded Brian Hartline straight up for Vernon Davis this week to a guy who lost Julio for the season and had VD on his bench behind Cameron. I don't have any receivers now besides Larry Fitz and DeSean Jax, but in a 14 team money league, that's good e-fuckin-nough.

Victor Vermis fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Oct 11, 2013

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

AD's 2 year old son was likelyblahblahblah

Is this Adrian Peterson? We can't use the man's actual initials when shortening his name down to two letters? There are 1700 players in the NFL, I don't care how fast you are, use poo poo that makes sense.

signed,

- VI

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

benching larry fitzgerald for keenan allen and starting chad henne at quarterback this weekend :getin:

I'm starting Larry Fitzgerald this weekend and Keenan Allen is still a free agent..

There are 14 teams in my league. What are you thinking?!

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

fitzgerald has been garbage while carson palmer can't get him the ball ever, plus his hamstring is acting up again apparently so even more garbage. also this is 16 team gip league heh

16 teams! goddamn. Allen would've been my waiver pick up this week if I could afford to make one. I'm waiting for Lamar Miller/Daryl Richardson/LeGarette Blount to be permanently sidelined for a different RB before dropping any of them.

Also I'm carrying Blair Walsh AND Gostowski on my roster.

Just to be a dick.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

How do you like that 1st Half Fitzgerald statline on your bench?

I still should've found a way to pick-up Allen.. now I would have to drop Lamar Smith to get him before hitting waivers.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Anybody wanna catch a hot dose of Packer fever? :dong:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I really can't feel concerned about the Packers. Rodgers is expected back before the playoffs and the run game looked monstrous on Monday.

Being a Packer fan is pretty much the easiest gig in all of sports fandom.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

they're about to get smashed on sunday by a quarterback enshrined in the pro football hall of fame

Nick Foles? What?

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

See I would've got that if Football Funhouse didn't make a new thread EVERY WEEK. gently caress updating bookmarks, it's the worst.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

My opponent this week has Chris Johnson. loving No-Cut hack scores a TD on the first drive.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

he always does his best when I bench him after playing him the week before and being severely disappointed

My first year back into Fantasy Football I drafted him in the first.

He held out for a bunch of games and then poo poo all over himself when he came back. I haven't watched many Tennessee games but he is an infuriatingly one-note runner.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Set my roster drunk this morning, had to find a WR to fill in for Desean Jackson's bye week. Picked Tiquan Underwood because he has a funny haircut (and DET Defense kinda sucks a lot).

108 Yds and 2 TDS. Gonna go with an all-funny-haircuts roster next season.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I know the entire team sucked yesterday, but..

I still really hate Marshall Newhouse.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

I had a pretty wtf reaction myself when I first saw it. I make it a point to avoid it. I got excited when it dawned on me that TNF was on. I come out to see who is playing. Texans and Jag. :smith:

FANTASY FOOTBALL IMPLICATIONS!

I really wouldn't watch this, otherwise.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Whip Slagcheek posted:

whatevs, shady broke the eagles single game rushing record in a snowstorm

Yeah and I heard the field goal record was broken at a Denver home game.

~*WEIRD*~

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

genderstomper58 posted:

idk why people get so mad at cowboys fans, no1 unironically calls them americas team outside of like espn retards and they havent been good in literally 18 years v0v

Every Cowboy fan I've ever met has been from Texas.

And I've never been to Texas.

So yeah I'm p mad at the Cowboys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxP442T-aZ0

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Going to the Packer game, gonna freeze my everything off

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

gently caress. Seemed like such a good idea at the time.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Deathy McDeath posted:

Chargers letting me down :(

I mean, I knew this was going to happen, but I still thought the plucky Bolts could pull it off.

It's only 14-0 ya big baby. And Denver deferred on the coin toss because they wanted to get a half in where Manning's balls weren't batted down by the wind.

Not that I'd put money on the Chargers or anything.

edit: Half=Quarter. I guess I forgot how football works. Also San Diego's getting destroyed by the run sooo nevermind maybe.

Victor Vermis fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 12, 2014

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Sherman owns. Prefer this x1000 to "welp we tried real hard and God gave us the strength to win so I guess we'll try hard in the next game, too"

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Cole posted:

The Seahawks win the Super Bowl and TFF is arguing over whether or not they are overpaying their starters.

Keep in mind that "starter" had 1 more NFL reception during the regular season than I did. Percy Harvin is awesome but it merits discussion

Anyways it's only a matter of time before an offseason rape/domestic abuse allegation pops up and then they can go back to literally shaking and out-outraging each other.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

USMC503 posted:

Gay football player will be the left's version of Tebow.

The left already had their preachy "football" player. That punter from the Vikings/Raiders.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

genderstomper58 posted:

FOOTY TIME LADS

What a wonderful time of the year. Championship finals of black guys running back and forth, World championship of brown guys running back and forth, and another season of white guys and illegals doing absolutely nothing for 162 games.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

genderstomper58 posted:

what about white guys driving in circles

NASCAR isn't real. That's just liberal media propaganda to make lower-class whites look as retarded as possible.

Use your brain, genderstomper58.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I love videos of people destroying their TVs/Monitors over sports or games. It always ends with the immediate realization of, "Why the hell did I do that?" My favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIn4L7hUmUI

The heartwarming part of the story is that if this guy wasn't a giant child he'd probably be bouncing a family off the walls instead of his toys.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

the dad farm posted:

now dallas has 54 gay players

This is a good dad burn.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Nick Foles had a rough start but he came through in the end.

:godwinning:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Cool, people actually put up cupcakes for NFL games.

Gonna watch the only real New York team curbstomp Jersey

cupcake stream is down

can you suggest another one?

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

holocaust bloopers posted:

Gronk is just great.

If I had my own religion, the highest reward one could earn in the afterlife: being reborn as Gronk.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

JJ Watt seems like a good role model. gently caress that kind of responsibility.

Jay Cutler's gift is not giving a poo poo. We can all aspire to be Jay Cutler. Go into work tomorrow and Jay that poo poo up.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

A guy in my money league who failed to make the playoffs did this:

We're all from the same hometown, but I don't know him personally. He drafted 3 QBs and 2 Kickers last season so he is obviously human garbage.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Cole posted:

I would have asked him if he likes having sex with animals or some poo poo

She trapped him with a yes or no question.

So he took the opportunity to promote a charity dinner. Marshawn Lynch is awesome.

I don't blame him for not wanting to answer inane lockerroom questions. Judging by the way he'd duck/ignore the camera in the Real Rob Report videos I get the impression he just doesn't like to be on camera.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

They showed his feet in slow motion as he came close to the sideline and then later on when the last guy trips him up. Dude is superhuman- the trip breaks his stride but somehow he adjusts, plants his foot, and keeps on trucking at the same speed.

Like a cat that runs over people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Also he probably hosed me out of 1st place prize money with that run so I am not a fan at the moment.

• Locked thread