Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Marching Powder posted:

that heavyweight tournament is gracie / shamrock 2016 several times

that’s the best bellator is going to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I’m the illusion of devil horns

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
A headline: Bellator heavyweight grand prix opening odds: TBA favored over 'King Mo,' Sonnen, 'Rampage‘

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

IMO betting the field makes way less sense on this tournament than the Strikeforce one because this isn't a real tournament with locked down dates, they can just postpone fights to whenever unless it's too late or Fedor does his party trick and renegotiates his contract in between fights constantly

on the other hand Ryan Bader is the #2 seed

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
the funny brazilian loss meme but this time it’s Matt Mitrione saying the only reason he lost to Nelson the first time was Joe Silva tricking him into fighting in the WEC cage https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/11/27/16706620/joe-silva-responds-to-matt-mitriones-claim-that-silva-lied-about-roy-nelson-fight

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
all fights should take place in the WEC cage and Matt Mitrione should go suck a lemon

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
UFC had a Dagestani wushu master getting squashed by a giant steroid wrestler this weekend, I’m sure Rizin will come through for us

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I had no idea bellator was still doing kickboxing

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

willie_dee posted:

Matt Shitrion posted his gum shield on Twitter and loads of teeth were still in it, it's really gross. I'm wondering wtf happened.

joe silva tricked him into sparring in a small cage

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bundt Cake posted:

speculation about funaki v pele

Pele fought in ROC just last year, which is utterly insane.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

bwgp looks pretty good, almost everything else looks bad. the kickboxing portion is rear end

Two days worth of cards, so like 18 hours of tv, when the best thing on it is going to be two guys fighting over who deserves to be the UFC’s #6 flyweight

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Skip My Posts posted:

You could just post the pics instead of linking to your own awful twitter jokes

Imgur is such a pain in the dick anymore it’s probably easier

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lid posted:

Joe Warren is the worst commentator i have ever heard just for that one show

was this the white supremacist who turned out to be a convicted child rapist or was strikeforce just really good at picking them?

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/3/4/2843565/strikeforce-brandon-saling-rape-nazi-tattoo-charges

also if you've got nazis tattoos choosing the nickname White Steel is a little too on the nose

He was a wife-beating child rapist Nazi, not just the garden variety Nazi pedophile GBS poster

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I thought Tumenov was still in the UFC

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Rory owns so much

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I’m anime Horiguchi in the background

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

the dream of the 90’s is alive in grande prairie alberta

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Remember when Overeem ducked a pee test and the NAC gave him a license anyway on the condition he be subjected to a test at a later date, then the next time he was in Nevada for a presser he pretended to be deaf and fled the pee collectors, then the UFC (I’m remembering it was Dana) made him go back in the building and he failed the pee test and the fight fell through?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

im racking my brain to think of a worse card for a major promotion in modern mma history than the bellator one next week http://mmajunkie.com/events/bellator-196

Bellator cards are usually weaker than WSOF or whatever it’s called now except for the eight times a year they have 50 year old retired UFC fighters on.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

yeah but this one seems especially weird to have an event with 6 (maybe 5?) fights on it in Budapest. There's no strategy at all here except maybe it's cheaper to fly in some of these european fighters to hungary but at that point you are really penny pinching. and even with that, isn't it just more expensive to fly out a crew/announcers/cage to there? I just don't get it at all. If they were just trying to fill the cheapest 2 hours of tv that they could with recognizable headliners, i would just do it in north dakota and hire all local fighters or something.

I genuinely cannot understand Bellator’s international strategy one little bit. It basically just seems to be “go to countries the UFC hasn’t”, but I can’t see how this card benefits Bellator’s bottom line or their position in Hungary. Like the UFC usually won’t hold a card unless it’s better than local MMA promotions, but I can’t see how this is bigger than Crazy Istvan’s Fight Night. Unless Crazy Istvan is co promoting and all the fighters but Bendo and Huerta were arranged by the local Hungarian promoter, but I still don’t see why Bellator bothers flying their guys to Hungary.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

El Roncho posted:

I'll always always remember this one of the strangest falls from grace for a pro MMA fighter. Some guys sell drugs or take up acting. Brett Rogers took up bathroom molestation.

I bought he’d hit rock bottom when he committed domestic violence on Kevin Asplundh’s back porch

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bluedeanie posted:

This is the b league thread, you meant to post this about the ufc

In the ufc the guys on top are Colby Covington instead of Royce Gracie

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Nice! posted:

Chael is going to keep his chin tucked and try to pointbox fedor. Is chael as good a striker as fabio maldonado? Probably not but i’m ready to find out.

Does Fedor punch harder than Rampage? Chael said rampage hit him harder than he’s ever been hit before.

prior to that he said Bisping hit him harder than he’d ever been hit so perhaps you should not listen to anything chael says

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
also Fedor was the best in 2005 and all the making GBS threads on Fedor people do here is backlash from his horrible fan base and shady business stuff

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
does someone have the deep megaton video

you know the one I mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

it’s really sad to see a great chin crack