Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Tim Sylvia was supposed to have a fight tonight at the Mohegan Sun, but he weighed in at 371lbs and wasn't cleared medically. Happy New Year, Tim Sylvia

You know, we've been doing this mma thing for awhile, but I don't think I've ever heard of this happening. Can anyone cite a precedent or similar situation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Fentry posted:

Lookin' good Timmy

drat

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

man, i covered this two months ago http://uproxx.com/sports/2014/11/frodo-khasbulaev-twitter-battles-sam-caplan-who-ya-got/

i only get respect if i talk about fighter dogs, i guess

You should start posting your articles everywhere on the internet because they are actually good. Do those sbnation fan posts and post like the first paragraph and then a link.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

he's right, you never know what times can tell

“Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.”

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

individual865 posted:

at 56:37 is the worst KO i've ever seen. Holy loving poo poo.

It's borderline :nms: holy poo poo.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

individual865 posted:

I'm genuinely concerned I may have just watched someone die.

It didn't help that the highly trained Oplot medical staff were like shaking him and spraying water and poo poo on him, and then didn't have a stretcher to carry him out (still unconscious like 10 minutes later) so they just kind of all grabbed a limb and carried him out

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

As VIP's/Celebrities show up late (or in some cases, not at all), YOU will fill those seats.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

If anyone is seriously planning on becoming a Bellator Seat Filler this weekend, you can also catch this:

quote:

Bellator MMA is offering fans this Thursday (Feb. 26, 2015) at the Dave & Busters in Manchester, Connecticut. Starting at 7 p.m. ET, fans will be able to queue up to meet MMA legends like Fedor Emelianenko, Royce Gracie, Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock.

Even the newly-signed Kimbo Slice will be in the house.

The "Bellator Fan Fest" is completely free and open to the public, with fans being encouraged to attend to get autographs from their favorite fighters as well as photographs -- as time and availability allows.

All of this is, of course, building up to the supercard taking place on Friday (Feb. 27) at the Mohegan Sun Arena in nearby Uncasville. Bellator is bringing a slew of big tilts featuring British fighters, including the undefeated Liam McGeary challenging Bellator light heavyweight champion "The Hardcore Kid" Emanuel Newton, feared welterweight striker Paul "Semtex" Daley facing Andre Santos, and the undefeated Michael "Venom" Page facing Curtis Millender.

You could probably get yourself a decent, cheap, b-league trip out of the whole thing.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

I'm surprised Fedor hasn't re-signed yet to get in on this because Bellator must be just dying to make any fight where people have heard of the fighters

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Here's a look at what Rampage's Bellator deal looked like. Also

quote:

Bellator also claims it rehabilitated Jackson’s standing in the MMA industry after a long slide in the UFC, which he left amid discontent with the promotion’s management.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You only posted part 2 of the joke

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/3/30/8313961/video-ken-shamrock-suddenly-huge-may-crush-kimbo-slice-with-anchor-arms-spike-tv-mma

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

xcore posted:

My mate just interviewed Melvin Guillard on his podcast. He was super late to the interview and hard to get on the phone, but once he started talking, he went completely nuclear on WSOF. I won't go into any more detail until he edits and releases the episode but was just curious;

I thought WSOF had a pretty good reputation as an org and everything I have heard about Ali is positive (MMA Hour interviews are my only exposure). Is Melvin just jilted or is WSOF not as rosie as I thought?

Talent is never going to be fully satisfied because everyone thinks they should make more money, and Melvin is extremely immature anyway, but maybe he does have some legitimate gripes. I assume he has an exclusive contract and WSOF isn't putting on cards as regularly as the UFC so maybe he is having a hard time getting fights (and getting paid).

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

14-0-1

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

david carmichael posted:

i don't know if i've ever seen askren fight before that, but he looks bad instead of good

he stated after the fight that his plan was to look really bad until Sapo got tired, and then look good

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

CarlCX posted:

I'm not saying it isn't still likely Askren would've ended up winning that fight but up until the bullshit that fight was downright Esparzian and you're lying if you say it's not hilarious

i like this term

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Fentry posted:

Bellator released a bunch of fighters including Sokoudjou and Julio Cesar Neves, that guy who was 29-0 before completely making GBS threads the bed in his last fight

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/6/4/8732823/bellator-releases-rameau-sokoudjou-and-7-other-fighters-from-their-roster

Kind of weird to release a guy that is 2-1 in your organization and they did it to two people

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

1st AD posted:

Hahaha what? How/when did that happen?

Josh Koscheck: 'I'm leaving American Kickboxing Academy (AKA) because of Javier Mendez

As feud with AKA's Javier Mendez lingers, Josh Koscheck eyes return at UFC 155

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

"They start to put their miserable sanction on our Russian sportsmen? Well, gently caress them Americans! We Russians don't leave our people in War."

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

CarlCX posted:

Given that they've worked together before and Bellator is willing to book people in their 50s I have to assume the endgame here is Fedor/Couture

This should not be plausible but unfortunately it is

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

fatherdog posted:

[url=http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/7/20/9002409/fedor-emelianenko-vadim-m-1-co-promotion-ufc-mma]

My take - M-1 want a bidding war between Bellator and the UFC so they can get the biggest contract possible, so Vadim's walking back all their non-monetary demands.

"We really, really need money right now. American money, not rubles."

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

if you fondly remember the secret move, sakuraba opened up his own youtube channel almost exclusively for the demonstration of cortxbomb techniques

watched a bunch of these and they are all great

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

-Atom- posted:

Ali Abdel-Aziz is so unbelievably incompetent it's incredible

-Atom- posted:

like, this guy manages prominent fighters.

MMA managers

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

fatherdog posted:

[url=http://www.mmaweekly.com/cris-cyborg-dropping-to-140-pounds-in-attempt-to-get-to-ronda-rousey]

If Cyborg and Rousey both fight in November, then their schedules are going to more or less align and they'll be fighting in probably 6-9 months after that barring Cyborg losing or something.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Prelims at 6:30. Main card at 9. I haven't yet personally figured out if there's a way to actually watch the prelims though.

Spike.com i think

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Captain Log posted:

There hasn't been enough non-ironic joy about Fedor coming back.

I thought his suit was dapper and he had twenty eight times more expression than usual. Which means nearly no expression was showing.

I thought it was kind of interesting that a lot of the common folk on Reddit are finally coming around to the fact that Fedor is a huge coward. I figure at this rate, it'll only be a few more years until they figure out how much of a racist he is too.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

That shitarse Dynamite show only did 800k viewers, which is distinctly average for Bellator, and was of course crushed by the dependable titan of combat sports: COPS reruns.

"Well, last night's episode was a very special episode. They revealed that the Incredible Hulk has an evil twin. And he's not green. He's red."

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

CommonShore posted:

It's not as if Fedor is saying he's #1 best HW in world anymore though. At this stage in his career it's probably better to think of him more the way that people think of Roy Jones now. Nobody gives Roy Jones poo poo for fighting regional guys and club fighters to make a bit of extra cash and stay active. If Fedor can get paid a literal wheelbarrow full of rubles for crushing a SuperFightLeague can, all the power to him.

I'm with you, but its also worth noting that a wheelbarrow full of ruples is like 100 bucks

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

this is terrifying foreshadowing

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

maybe the japanese promotion that's going to be airing on spike that's trying to start an over 45s division and is also considering funaki and kohsaka as opponents for fedor lol

They cancelled Glory... for this

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Captain Log posted:

I was legimtimately dumbfounded at their hatred of Rousey.

Also, reading comments just for a "what the gently caress" on the Thug Rose article made me want to scream until my eyes exploded out of my head.

Bleacher Report also seems to think Rose is going to get uncerimoniously stuffed which I find funny.

I'd put these things in the journalism thread but I'll be damned if I know where it is.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3436315

It gets going every month or two, but I still think it's worth a bookmark.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Hats off to Bob Sapp for still milking the Japanese after all these years

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

"No one should have the right to have a radio station that just wants to reach out and hurt people when they feel like it"

Ken Shamrock is completely unaware of talk radio.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Captain Log posted:

What the hell? Do volunteer firefighters actually help like that?

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

i see fedor's opponent has been finalised

when he rematches bigfoot, fedor will be prepared for his witchcraft

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

poo poo

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

colonel_korn posted:

I still remember when this guy was the Next Fedor, then he lost to Paul Buentello and got popped for PEDs :allears:

Holy poo poo, I didn't even recognize him. Haven't seen him in forever.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Northjayhawk posted:

We saw Rousey just wrecking girls and making the UFC a ton of money for it. If Cyborg outmatches the whole division, thats not necessarily a fatal flaw, the UFC could easily build her up as this unbeatable monster.

The only thing that would give me pause is if you are convinced that she is on a whole lot of PED's and wouldn't pass a USADA random test, then maybe it would be risky to build a division for her.

Also all the girls they get to fight cyborg at 145 could make 135

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Probably the most hosed up ear I've ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

I'm honestly surprised Cerrone hasn't gone over. I don't know what the ufc is paying him but a few hundred eyes watching him bash up a b-league guy and immediately crack open a bud lite has to be worth serious money.

My best guess is that Bellator puts on significantly less fights than UFC and he likes to fight all the time.