Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

I kind of like that FIFA buck the trend of powerful organizations secretly being for sale by being openly for sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Wirth1000 posted:

There's also this NY Times part 1 or 2 article out today about match fixing, that Ibrahim Chaibou ref and that Singapore based Football 4U cartel and how FIFA is ignoring its own internal investigations into the matter.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/01/sports/soccer/fixed-matches-cast-shadow-over-world-cup.html?_r=0

Pretty good read.

There's a very high correlation between FIFA officials who give a poo poo about corruption and the prefix "former"

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Pook Good Mook posted:

Did Michael Garcia's report ever come out? I know it was going to be internal FIFA but I don't remember hearing anything about it after the World Cup started.

If this is the report I'm thinking of, when it was nearly complete FIFA decided that they didn't want to finish it and scrapped the project having spent millions.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

So does this mean the artificial cloud-drones are off? What about my fully air-conditioned 70,000-seat green stadia?

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

JFairfax posted:

Winter world cup means England will do better as our players won't be shagged out by the end of the season like always.

who am I kidding we'll be as poo poo as ever.

It wouldn't be a World Cup without English delusions of grandeur

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Redczar posted:

Sepp is worried Russia will do a racism

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31688474

Racism>dying Nepalese

It's a shame we had to award them world cups to find out that Russia is full of racists and Qatar is hot, too bad there's nothing we can do about it now.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

That isn't possible because the women's game has no greater friend than Sepp Blatter.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32621341

quote:

In an interview with BBC Global News, Blatter also said:
women's football is not yet played "the way he would like it to be played", citing a lack of organised leagues in some countries
female access to football stadia remains a "problem" in parts of the world, like Saudi Arabia and Iran, because of cultural issues

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

i'd love to focus on some internet nationalism on a non-world cup year instead of celebrating life and the fact that guiseppe blatter, a man not two weeks ago compared to nelson mandela, jesus christ, and martin luther king jr, runs an organization which is being wallpapered with indictments on charges primarily used to prosecute mafia dons and narcoterrorists

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Honj Steak posted:

The guy is called Joseph, not Giuseppe. Just because he's a Mafia boss it doesn't mean he's Italian.

sorry, my notes from United Passions have been muddled by tears

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Ninpo posted:

Can anyone translate for this ignorant monolingual Englishman?

he makes the world as wide as he likes it, i think. there might be a double entendre on the second part but dr. google just brings up the pippi longstockings song.

credentials: i got a B in german over a dozen years ago.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Polidoro posted:

only the cops killing a minority could save this thread

maybe this is a hosed up thing to say but i hope it happens.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Can someone post the matrices on which bumfuck prairie colleges would be most pranked the most by having to host a world cup game? Seriously wondering about this

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

NTRabbit posted:

I'd like to see the US get the 2018 World Cup, because it would mean taking it off Russia, who loving deserve to lose it for invading the Ukraine and killing thousands of people for Putins deadly Novorossiya sexual fantasy, plus all the racism and homophobia and poo poo. It going to the US would be the ultimate gently caress you. Though, I guess UK would also be a gently caress you. Germany doesn't deserve it because they're doing the appeasement crap.

Then 2022 can come to Australia and we'll show everyone the Sydney Olympics wasn't a fluke and we can host a rip snorter of a world sporting event any time :australia:

Lol yeah Russia invaded a country on fabricated pretexts then made them hold sham elections, so give their world cup to the united states

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

African AIDS cum posted:

Its sounding like both Russia and Qatar will lose their rights to host, Russia is only 3 years away now, anyone know a place that could turn around and get ready that quickly?

i'll see if en.wikipedia.org/List_of_sporting_stadia is sortable by capacity and/or lulz then report back, even though i don't have to

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

Sepp Blatter is cool and I agree with him that women footballers should dress more attractively to play football

If women's football gets more popular after Hope Solo nudes does that prove or disprove his theory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

I read somewhere that the West Indies are a Nation of Cricketers