Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Was planning on getting it on PS4 because I assumed the graphics would be better but I just picked up an Xbox One and kind of want that exclusive content for rebuying it. One bud wants to buy it for PS4 because graphics and he likes that controller, other wants to buy it for Xbox One because he's got his old character. We all want to play together and we all own both consoles.

Flip a coin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Crappy Jack posted:

You can transfer existing characters to PS4 or the One no matter which system they were originally on, PS3 or 360, so that shouldn't matter. Also I think the exclusive content is only available if you played the last-gen version, not played the current gen remake on a different system.

Bobtista posted:

You can move character from any old platform to any new platform, but only once. You're night tied in to console families.

I'm not sure I follow(the bolded part). I've played GTAV on Xbox 360 and now I want it for either the One of PS4. I don't really care about my character other than the fact I want those missions and that car and the same system as both friends. Any idea if they'll be graphical differences between the One and the Playstation 4?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

GreatGreen posted:

Also from the GAF thread. drat.

Jesus Christ that has such a different feel in first person. I can't wait but someone in that thread nailed it "this right here made me feel weird about gta for the first time" loving dark

7 RING SHRIMP fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 13, 2014

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I know it's super premature and I have no idea how making video games works but I wonder if Rockstar will have any easier time making the next GTA on the next gen consoles now that they've got V on ps4 and Xbox one. I liked 4 but I hope the next iteration is more on the scale of 5.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

e: ^ ah lol

Linx posted:

What is it about this game in first person that makes it feel super violent? Curb stomping the female police officer is stirring up all kinds of emotions I've never felt while gaming before

:stare:

eh ill pass on that onr

7 RING SHRIMP fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Nov 13, 2014

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I'm sure someone else has it or it's up someplace else but I saved the stick-up gif on my other computer. Won't be able to put up til later though...

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Any lanks to streams?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Lank posted:

Sorry man, I don't stream.

lol
e: gently caress emojis dont work.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

How does rockstar take down the streams? Email the website?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Those with both Xbox One and PS4:

What system are you getting it on?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

AndrewP posted:

Feel like the windshield starts too low in the car he's driving. Can barely see out of it.

Yeah I'm not completely sold on driving in first person yet. I've never liked doing the fake first person driving they had before adn I'd much rather see everything around me. We'll see though

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Just called my walmart. They said they have it. Hm

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

ElwoodCuse posted:

As soon as they scan it the cash register is going to say RESTRICTED DO NOT SELL UNTIL

Don't need your bad juju right now

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

The Mantis posted:

someone post back about walmart tia

No success. One of the guys was gonna let me buy but the other wasn't having it. Oh well. Can't wait to never step foot inside a Wal Mart again though

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

God first person shooting feels so good

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Playing as Franklin in first person and getting chased through the hood while jumping over fences, onto roofs, through yards, etc with a 2 star wanted level was genuinely exciting

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Christ, the Xbone version almost just plain looks like the 360 version :psyduck:

That can't be real. Jesus Christ I'm glad I got it for the ps4

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Anyone else having someone framerate issues on ps4 when weaving in and out of traffic?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Anyone got any advice on what to spend my preorder bucks on?

First person blowjobs

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Everyday Lurker posted:

Man, without Icenhancer or some other ENB, GTA 4 really looks like poo poo.

I did a quick look at that picture earlier and thought it was GTA3...

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I think it's same way people hate AJ Soprano. He's fun to hate but a good character for the show/game.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

Eh, to different degrees though. Michael maybe a depressed alcoholic whose family hates him, but he's also a badass criminal who plans heists and works as an assassin for the government. Trevor is a deranged meth addict but also hilarious and basically unstoppable. You still want to play as them because they're funny and cool.

Michael's wife is a shrieking bitch who isn't even nice to him when he saves her. Michael's daughter is a dumb shrew who's obsessed with getting famous. They are there to laugh at and you would not want to play as them because they're incompetent and totally ineffectual.

Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I've got a random question about the GTA Games

Have any of the rumors for what the next game in the series was going to be ever been true?

• Locked thread