Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
Are tweet embeds broken for anyone else? The text works fine from them, but images sure don't:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

Sereri posted:

I keep forgetting to save working ones to check. But in any case i don't think there will be much we can do unfortunately.

I JUST saw one in another thread. I don't know how to check the encoding on it myself but maybe it would help you? :shrug:

https://mobile.twitter.com/cooiboobs/status/1584970518922690560

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
Has anyone else been having a weird rear end bug for the past week where you're reading a thread, you swipe back to bookmarks, you click a new thread, and it then shows you the last few posts of the old thread for 2-5 seconds before auto-refreshing to the new thread?

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
It's been getting worse and worse on my phone the past week or so, up to ~5 seconds sometimes. I've closed and reopened the app a bunch, I haven't tried fully rebooting though. That's next.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

Wendigee posted:

My machine is old enough it probably shipped turned off.

I don't think I've ever seen a bios with vt turned on by default.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

"Blaze" plan :okpos:

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
So now that Bluesky posts (they're not REALLY called skeets are they?) are public, could those go online too or is it different enough from Twitter that that wouldn't work?

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

EVIL Gibson posted:

It's still in the weird invite only stage like Gmail when it first came out.

Is it worth it when it's still gated?

I think so, being how absolutely easy it is for anyone who wants to get an invite code now.
And because people in the Twitter thread post links to bsky regularly and it would make it nicer to read

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've never been able to get an upload to work via their own app :confuoot:

That's weird, the app is how I've been posting images since it broke in this app.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
I've always used the app to upload, click the upload finished notification, gotten the share URL from that, threw it into chrome, long pressed to open image in new tab, then got the image URL from that.

I REALLY miss the upload imgur button in the awful app :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
"Twenty new posts in the apk threat, what's going on..."

HELL gently caress YES THANK YOU DEVS

HAVE A DOG