Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Terry van Feleday posted:

Now, before I conclude this whole deal, I want to address one of the more interesting questions about the films: Why are all these robots so drat ugly??

How am I now defending the look of the Transformers?!

So much research, insight, visual aid, and a bibliography to take what was a whole host of baffling and inexplicable designs and turn them into sensible and pragmatic decisions. Awesome post, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

He's actually been Galvatron all this time since his "revival". The REAL good Optimus will come back leading the heroic Dinobots to free Earth from the Autobots.

Aw yeah! They're going to Clone Saga this bitch!

Party Boat posted:

Maybe this thread has coloured my views, but he doesn't look heroic at all - he looks like loving Sauron.

No it's not the thread. He really does look like Sauron.

Also, kudos to Wahlberg for looking totally pumped on that cover. "`k Mark, give me your best 'huh?' face!"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Hot Sexy Jupiter posted:

"It's About a Truck That Needs a Friend to Save the World" is a hot contender for a thread title if I ever I saw one.

Contender? There's no other choice as far as I'm concerned.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ensign_Ricky posted:

So Galvatron is now "Dark Prime"? That...that could actually be an interesting idea.

That cab looks European somehow. Maybe Italian? Wait. Because... he's Prime Zero. He's... he's Prim0! :psyduck:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Wade Wilson posted:

I like how the swordgun is breaking Marky Mark's fingers.

He knows more than anyone that no pain, no gain.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

SirDrone posted:

"Hey Optimus, how's it going? I like your sword, that looks really great. So you're a autobot, right, what's that all about? Okay, well it was great to meet you. Say hi to your mother for me, okay?"

Hrrmmm... maybe freedom isn't the right of all sentient beings after all...

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Leospeare posted:

Finally, now I can build my own transformers

"See all that stuff in there, Homer? That's why your robot didn't work."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The MSJ posted:

Also in the 'make people feel old' department, Marky Mark is now playing a man with a teenage daughter.

I hope he admonishes her for wearing her pants low and showing her underwear.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sir Potato posted:

I am ridiculously hyped for this movie. These two shots for some reason are just so great to me.

drat, that face is like 95% of the way towards being Steel, or Doctor Doom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"Everything Wrong With..." and "Honest Trailers" are basically Coles Notes versions of the Internet's criticisms. You could travel around to several different sites, forums, comment sections, and threads or you can watch one of those videos and be sure you haven't missed any of the arguments that are repeated everywhere.