Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Wife, to 4-yo daughter: "Remember, if you don't cooperate you won't get a cookie."
Daughter pauses briefly. "Oh, OK. I will stop wanting one then."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

My daughter at 3, greeting a very pregnant friend:

"The baby is going to come out of your girl parts, and it's going to HURT, HURT, HURT."

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

We flew home today with our 6-year-old. After walking through the metal detector, she asked what it was for. The agent replied that it was to check for metal because it could be dangerous on the plane.

"Oh. Why just metal, what about bombs and matches?"

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

My daughter at 5, arguing that she should have some cake instead of more of her dinner:

"Maybe my sugar pressure is all the way down! My tummy is saying, 'No more real food, we need some candy to get the sugar pressure up!' "

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

AlistairCookie posted:

Three year old is in the other room right now, by himself, singing a song:

"Butt, and butt, and buttandbuttandbutt and stupiiiiiiid!
Butt, butt, butt, butt, stupid, stupid, stupid, buuuuuuuuutttt!"

Settle down, Beavis.

Today my kid explained potential energy to me while we biked up a hill, which was super cool. Right up until she said it was like when she wants to play games with me and it built up all this potential fun until we got to finally play because I wasn't too tired (I've been sick for a while). Like going up a bunch of big hills and then down a small one. :smith:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

My sister got married, and my 6-yo made a little card for her. Edited for spelling, it read:

"You are the bride
He is the groom
You're a great couple
I assume"

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

TKIY posted:

"Daddy, I want you to blow me!"

PIN. DROP.

Excellent. :golfclap:

The neighbour kid came over the other day while my daughter was in the middle of some elaborate fort-and-drawing exercise. To catch her friend up, my kid explained who all the stuffed animals and figurines were.

"...and he is my boyfriend and sometimes nemesis."

I was nervous before, but at 7 it sounds like she has dating pretty much figured out.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Job status: rejected and destroyed.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

My 7yo daughter and I discovered Lip Sync Battles the other day, and we were working our way through a playlist of them on YouTube. Halfway through an episode someone does "I Just Had Sex", and by the time I realized what was going on we were already a verse into the song so I figured I'd let it ride.

After it was over, she asked me "what does "just had sex" mean?", and I started to explain that it was something that adults did together because they loved each other, and...

"Oh!" *makes the universal hand gesture for intercourse*

I thought that had settled it, but I got a text from her mom today that she won't shut up about it, so I guess I have some "that's not a polite thing to talk about" conversation in my future.

(I assume she learned it on the street like everyone else.)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Echeveria posted:

....there's a .... a no weapons sign?

Oh, honey. :allears:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

My daughter, cheerfully to a family friend: "my daddy once called my mommy a wimp. now they're divorced!"

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

"I paused the show right before they said the answer. I hung myself on a cliff!"

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Watching Planet Earth with my daughter, there's a part about birds of paradise and their mating displays. After a while she turns to me and asks, mildly concerned, "you don't dance! how will you attract a mate?"

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Always had a clementine orange, a pencil or pen, and Chapstick.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

sweeperbravo posted:

Is there a PYF poo poo your parents say thread? When my sister was about to turn 18, my mom pleasantly suggested "Now we can take her out for a drink!"

(We live in the U.S. Had to remind my mom that things have changed since the '70s)

Isn't it ok if you're drinking with a parent?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Aphrodite posted:

Probably, but even when it is it's supposed to be at home. Bars, restaurants etc. still can't serve minors.

In 11 states they can with parental presence and consent, per this page. Only in 4 states can minors drink as part of an undercover police assignment, though.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Astrofig posted:

Four year old at work today, twirling around and watching her little brother copy her:

"This baby does what I do!"

When my daughter went to visit her mother's family a while back, she was warned that her younger cousin would probably copy her, so she should be patient with him.

"That means I can control him!"

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

C is my 8-year-old, T is her mom. They are watching Life of Brian.

*C laughing at movie joke*
T: "Do you even know what a eunuch is?"
C: "No, what?"
T: "Ok, you know how boys have penises?"
C: "NEVER MIND."

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tea Bone posted:

At dinner a couple of weeks ago my Sister In law complimenting my step-mothers roast vegtables:
"I'd be skinny if all vegetables were like this". To which her 5 year old, without looking up from her plate replied:
"But you're not." Then carried on eating.

Did they find the body?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

genetic_knockout posted:

His mom is laughing too hard to effectively get him to stop

Thank heavens!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Ad: "Do you have trouble falling asleep?"
Kid: "Yup."
Ad: "Are you tired and grouchy in the morning?"
Kid: "YES."
Ad: "Studies show that using a computer or watching TV two to three hours before bedtime inhibits the production of melatonin."
Kid: *shrugs* "Meh."

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Axiem posted:

(we have a recipe for single-serving pies, and they are fantastic)

Keep talking.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Should I post the story of what happened adjacent to and after their protest on Wednesday? It doesn't really fit in the thread, but it's a stunning tale of mismanagement, misogyny, and stealing chairs.

This is basically the Rhianna Appreciation Station, so I say go for it.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Fleta, you sound like a real good teacher doing a real good job. I credit your Toronto upbringing.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

OH at the science centre: "when I get a good idea, my vagina tingles". I'm guessing she was 8-10.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

One time I went to hockey but the ice was wood and the puck was bouncing all over the place, please advise

Sounds like lacrosse.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

You had really good handwriting for 6 years old!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

MisterBibs posted:

They've spent more time getting Kid Angry or Kid Upset over what clothes the previous kid put Mario in than the game.

This is the correct way to play SMO in turns.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The witness is directed to answer the question.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I’m guessing Dinosaur Train.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

BattyKiara posted:

(Sorry, buddy, I'm not getting you a Switch for Christmas. But I get the message, no socks)

Nintendo socks IMO.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Ramaroot posted:

I visited my 2 yo. niece yesterday and when I was leaving she put on a sad face and said, "I'm gonna miss you."

So I took her 7 mo. sister and chased her around making airplane and machine gun noises from the baby's butt. Favorite auntie.

This is praxis.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

This from my 4-year-old daughter:

Her: "Knock knock!"

Me: "Who's there?"

Her: (thinking) "Uh.... Ice Cream Man!"

Me: "Ice Cream Man who?"

Her: "I want ice cream"

Strong message discipline.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That kid is going to punch some other kid because they’re gay, and only the people reading this thread will know how it came to pass.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Mermen have very early beard onset. The one in that picture is probably 17.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Hopes Fall posted:

'Can we go on the playground ?'

"No buddy. It's closed because of coronavirus, remember?"

'I think coronavirus is over!'

"Sorry buddy, it's not over."

'Sorry, it is.'

Congratulations on your buddy’s cabinet position!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

PizzaProwler posted:

:doh: Oh, that makes sense. Don't know why that one didn't click for me.

Me either, friend.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

sweeperbravo posted:

I think Carthag Tuek was picturing a wall-mount sized whiteboard, like an instructor would use.

Whitekeeping? Boardgating? Whatever it is I won’t stand for it, or sit with it on my lap.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Beachcomber posted:

Please tell me those are fake names.

Don’t be a jerk here, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Friend’s 6-year-old is getting into the car with his brother for a week with the grandparents:

🧒🏼: Mom?
👩🏼‍🦰: Yes?
🧒🏼: When I’m gone this week please don’t move my special toys.
👩🏼‍🦰: OK kiddo
🧒🏼: And have all the sex you want!