Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
A couple of months ago my Dad took my three year old Niece to see a puppet show, apparently it was one of those ones where the puppeteer stands in front of a black curtain and wears a black body suit and mask so he seems invisible, this scared my Niece and they had to leave. For the rest of the day she kept loudly informing my Dad "I DIDN'T LIKE THAT BLACK MAN!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

IAmNotYourRealDad posted:

And last, but not least, I have to share a story about my friend Brian who had an experience at the airport. Brian is 6'5" tall. He was at the Chicago airport when some guy and his 4 year old daughter were approaching him. The girl pointed towards Brian and said "He is tall!". Her dad then turned said to her, "Do you want to touch him?". They kept walking towards Brian and the dad added "Do you want to tickle his feet?". Brian was starting to figure out how he was going to handle this awkward situation... and then he realized they were walking towards the dinosaur statue behind him....

Apparently my Niece has been telling the other children at play school that her Uncle is a giant, to be fair to her I am 6'7". Also when she want's to convey how huge something is she'll describe it "as big as Uncle Tea Bone". She's three years old and comes out with weirdly adult things every now and then; it was her cousin's birthday party a few weeks ago and it happened to be the first nice day of the year, she announced to my Dad on the way there "Lovely day for a party". Another time she was listening to adults talk and came out with "Oh it's amazing what some people think isn't it?"

I used to spend a lot of time with my Grandad growing up. He had retired by the time I was born but still owned a few properties and used to take me with him to collect the rent, so I thought that's what he did for a living. When I was 5 or 6 my teacher had us write down what we wanted to be when we grew up, I wanted to be like my Grandad so of course I wrote down "Debt Collector".

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
Yesterday I saw a child (looked to be about 4 or 5), walking with his Mum. The kid tripped over and fell on the floor. He picked himself up and started crying. Through his tears he looked up at his Mum with pure anger and and shouted "What did you do that for?". That cracked me up, the idea that in this little kid's mind it's far more likely that a parent would trip him over on hard pavement for shits and gigs, than it is he'd just trip over his own feet.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

falconry posted:

My youngest nephew asked whether I liked skeletons or zombies, so I told him I liked both. Then he told me he also liked the "Boaf" and how they had no arms or legs, but a really big mouth and sharp teeth. So we played a game where we were running away from the boafs as Superman and Batman and it was pretty rad.

Well, just looked up what a Boaf it, sure doesn't have any arms or legs.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Boaf

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
I was at the desert table of a buffet the other day and I hear a kid (probably around 5-6) and his Mum have this conversation:

Mum: Look at all these deserts, what would you like?
Kid: I want the ice cream.
Mum: What about some of this lovely fruit?
Kid: No... I want all the ice cream :colbert:

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
My Dad told me that he and my 4 year old niece let the helium balloons from his birthday go. As they were floating away she asked:
"Where abouts are they?"
"Oh I'd say they're above Uncle Tea Bone's house."
"Good. I want them back... He can reach them"
(I'm 6'7" and she believes me to be a giant)

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Sirocco posted:

My wife found this mysterious list at my mother's house.

What's feank?

The question mark after ron is killing me. Is number 3 (are in man) supposed to be iron man?

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
I'm 6'7", I just heard a kid in the supermarket tell his Granddad:

"Granddad.... That man is too big!"

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

princecoo posted:

We recently bought some fish. Got a little aquarium with a light in it, 4 little goldfish and set it up on the desk in the kids room. They are 3 and 4 years old, and we're hoping they'll learn some responsibility out of this. Or something. gently caress it, goldfish are cheap as poo poo, the kids have got feeding the cat down pat, why not?

Thing is, my 4 year old has named the fish. We have Hunter, Seeander, Dorothy and... Walter. Fuckin' Walter, man. I don't know why, but this kid has named the fish Walter and this fact makes me laugh every time I think of it.

I mean when I was his age I had a cat called Bootlaces and later a dog called Hoover. He's got a fish called Walter.

My friend's son has two Guinea Pigs, he's named them "Collie" and "Batman".

teenytinymouse posted:

Goldfish need big tanks and can live for 20 years, don't teach your kids that cheap animals are disposable please , it's gross

Also this.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
Today I found my autograph from when I was about 7. Flipping through the pages I found I'd got my grandparents to sign it, then between their signatures I had written, in crude 7 years old handwriting "loves", so it read "M. Bone loves J. Bone". I lost my grandmother two months ago so this would have been a very sentimental moment, had 7 year old me not also appended the following at the bottom of the page:
"PS SHE HAS SEX WITH HIM"

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
At dinner a couple of weeks ago my Sister In law complimenting my step-mothers roast vegtables:
"I'd be skinny if all vegetables were like this". To which her 5 year old, without looking up from her plate replied:
"But you're not." Then carried on eating.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Nekodoshi posted:

"You want a hot dog, black maaaaan?" (Said with all the sass she could muster. She was referring to Sascha Baron Cohen's character in Through the Looking Glass, who notably wore all black clothes. A discussion about adjectives was had)

When my niece was about 3 my Dad took her to a puppet show where the puppeteers were covered head to toe in black so they blended in with the back ground. This scared her and they had to leave. Later that day she loudly exclaimed, in public "I don't like black people".

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
At a family gathering a friend's 5 year old announces loudly to everyone "Do you know what... My grandad, he can't walk", her parents explain that her great-grandfather has had an operation and now needs a wheel chair. A minute later she turns to my Granddad and asks "Can you walk?".

Also looking at her dinner plate "That's too much for me, I only have a little mouth". Which is ironic as she's the most outspoken kid I've ever met.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
I was at the Sea Life Centre yesterday, a little kid was looking at the sharks with his Dad and babbling away about how all the other fish had to be careful to not get eaten. After he finished talking, he paused and then just said to himself "sharks" in a very satisfied tone of voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

burial posted:

Trying to go further than this felt immediately uncomfortable.

I just tried doing it in my head and couldn't get past "snowing and blowing and bushels of fun".

I got my fiance to try it aloud and she made all the way through the first verses and I hate it.