Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I have a 12-year-old brother in law. He was born when my wife was 21. Needless to say he's my son's favorite uncle. He's coming over tonight and staying til Thursday.

Upon being told that Uncle Caleb was coming over tonight:

WOW DADDY, YOU'RE A GENIUS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Earlier this week, from my 5-year-old son:

"Daddy, your car is as clean as a butt!"

I am unsure if this is an insult or a compliment.

Also from my son:

"I don't believe in Santa anymore"

"Oh no, why's that?"

"Because then I can be naughty and still get presents"

Kid's got it figured out. Although he woke me up Christmas morning screaming about how Santa came, so he must still be a believer after all.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
The other day neither the wife or I felt like making an actual meal, so I just threw a pizza in the oven and we had that for supper.

Cue my 5-year-old while eating:

"Daddy, pizzas don't have necks."

I almost choked. But damned if the kid wasn't right.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

omnibobb posted:

I grew up in a very non- relgious house and my birthday is on Christmas. When I was little, I just assumed all the lights and decorations were because everyone was celebrating my birthday.

I always felt sorry for the kids who had birthdays on or immediately before/after Christmas. They always got ripped off, present-wise. At least all the ones I knew, anyway.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
A couple of mallard ducks has taken a liking to our yard. We're thinking the female is going to build a nest. They've especially taken a liking to the birdseed that falls on the ground out of our feeder.

We have a 5-year-old son who loves ducks and all animals. My wife and I asked him "What should we name our new duck friends?" He thought for a moment, then answered "Microwave and Lightbulb!"

Yes, the female has been affectionately named "Microwave" and the male is "Lightbulb." The wife and I think it's hilarious because it's totally something our son would do.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
So this was a conversation I had with my 5-year-old son today:

Him: Daddy, I have a joke for you for Father's Day!

Me: Ok, buddy, shoot. Let's hear it.

Him: Knock knock!

Me: Who's there:

Him: Lightbulb!

Me: Lightbulb who?

Him: (thinks for a moment) um.... Lightbulb microwave!

Me: (bursts out laughing from the randomness of it)

He is now telling everyone that joke, thinking he has discovered the pinnacle of humor.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
My son:

"I wish there was an app that you could hook up to your bladder and it would tell you when your bladder's full." He had to pee at the time.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dubh posted:

Kid's going to make a fortune with iPiss.

He told my wife tonight that he's going to make lightbulbs that run on farts.

I think I have some sort of bodily function tech mogul on my hands.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
My son (he of the future bladder app):

"I can't wait until I die." :psyduck:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Is there an update on beadgate?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
A couple had an adorable 3ish year-old little girl in their cart today. I had just rang them up and they were leaving when all of a sudden the girl yells "I'M POOPIIIIINNNNNNGGGG!!!!" at the top of her lungs. I cracked up. I couldn't help it.

The parents remained calm and were like "all right, lets go to the bathroom" and took her in. It must have happened before.

BigBallChunkyTime has a new favorite as of 01:18 on Apr 4, 2015

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Little Critter owns.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
My wife and two sons are out of state for the weekend.

My wife texted me this gem from our 6-year-old after they got done swimming in the hotel pool:

"Mommy, you know why my eyes are burning? Because someone peed in the pool. That's what Jeff Rossen said on Rossen Report."

We watch the Today Show every single morning.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

AlistairCookie posted:

4 year old is in the shower, singing. I move closer to the bathroom, so I can hear him. "Wiener, wiener, wieeeeeener! Wiener, wiener, wieNER!" I silently laugh, and go get Dad to hear the Wiener Tribute. We're being quiet, since I don't want him to stop singing. He then shouts, "Hey MOM! Can you hear my awesome wiener song?!"

7 year old brings home a completed worksheet from school. Was supposed to draw an animal that lives in the forest, and in the ocean [respectively.] I can't tell what he's drawn, so I ask him. He drew a Sasquatch, and a Sea Serpent. Of course he did.

My 7-year-old made up a song called "5 little penises".

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
My wife and I had our kids at the zoo this past weekend. We were walking along having a good old time and then we hear another child nearby ask "Can we go see the armadildos now?"

We had to very quickly scurry into the nearby lizard house because we were laughing so hard.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dabir posted:

When I was a kid my mum tried to explain God to me and said something like 'He's a great power'. So naturally I assumed it was electricity.

I always imagined him as a superhero, flying around and kicking Satan's rear end from time to time. How disappointed I was.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Little guy: "I wanna be a teacher!"

Me: That's great, buddy! A teacher is a great thing to be! Mommy's a teacher!

Little guy: (accusatory tone) "Who told you that?!?"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Out of the blue, my 4 year old son stopped playing with his toys, came over to me, said "Daddy, I don't like you because you're old" and then calmly went back to playing.

I'm 37.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

U-DO Burger posted:

I told my 7-year-old daughter that she can't have another dessert after dinner because she was eating snacks all freaking day, and she just starting bawling and melting down. After a few minutes I finally got her to respond to me

"WHY IS LIFE NOT FAIR!? NOW IT'S 100% NOT FAIR!!"
"Now? How unfair was life before I said no more desserts?"
*long pause*
"IT WAS 5% NOT FAIR AND NOW IT'S 100% NOT FAIR!"

You are history's greatest monster.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
"I just coughed out of the butthole in my mouth."

--My 5 year old son.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

U-DO Burger posted:

My 5-year-old son adores Mario. Well, all my kids do, by my son especially loves Mario. He has no desire to actually play Mario games, but he enjoys building things in Super Mario Maker. A few days ago, he started telling me about some fan game he’s got in his head and I love every detail about it:

- The game is called Mario 1000
- There are 30 levels in the game, mostly filled with Goombas, Koopa Troopas, Thwomps, and Chain Chomps
- Bowser is loving dead, killed during Peach’s last rescue. The villain in this game is a giant spider with spiky legs named King Crow-vroom-vroom-vroom that shoots webs that in turn shoot laser beams, which shoot faster when he gets mad. He lives in the biggest castle.
- This giant spider boss is so dangerous in fact that he kidnaps Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina at the same time.
- Dry Bowser (skeleton Bowser) gets a small castle that is just a maze with a single mole as an enemy towards the end.
- There are a bunch of “bees that are nice and cute and don’t sting you” that live in a giant beehive and give honey to Mario and Luigi to heal them
- Mario and Luigi each start out with 90 HP, but their max HP is absurdly large. Mario’s max HP is 50,000, Luigi’s is 60,000, and my son’s is 90,000 because he is “more powerful than Luigi” (I... guess that means he's in the game too???)

I would legit play this game.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Cardiovorax posted:

Shaving off your beard is one of the worst things you can do to a little child's perceptions. My uncle shaved off his decade-old full black beard when I was ten years old.

It took me years until I was able to reliably recognize him again when we walked past each other in public.

My Dad ALWAYS had a mustache. One day he hosed up shaving and had to shave it off and let it grow back. My grandma dropped me off at home right at supper time and all I could do was stare at this guy who I *thought* was my Dad, but I wasn't entirely sure and didn't want to ask. Everyone else was acting normally so I rightly figured it was him. But it was so weird how his appearance changed. I think I was 11 or so at the time.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

marshmallow creep posted:

My wife and I were talking about that video of a guy kicking a black bear, so we asked our son, "Is it smart to kick a bear?"

"No. It's not September!"

Where do you live where September is Bear-kicking season?

(Obvious answer: Wisconsin. Go Packers!)

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
My five-year-old son's favorite pasttime is playing with his 50,000 cars. He also likes to incorporate "Bad Guys" into his play.

That sets up the following conversation.

Him: "Daddy, look at my Jeep!"

Me: "Yes, I see it, Buddy! It's a very nice Jeep!"

Him: "No, it's broken."

Me: "Oh no! Well I hope the driver can fix it!"

Him: (in a tone indicating that I have missed the most obvious thing in the world and his Daddy is the biggest moron to have ever lived) The driver is a bad guy. Bad guys don't fix Jeeps!"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

"I wrote something nice for you, dad" says my son, handing me a folded piece of paper.

"Aw thanks," I say, before unfolding it to see the words PEE TURD written in huge black crayon across the page.

I can't stop giggling like an idiot at this.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
This from my 4-year-old daughter:

Her: "Knock knock!"

Me: "Who's there?"

Her: (thinking) "Uh.... Ice Cream Man!"

Me: "Ice Cream Man who?"

Her: "I want ice cream"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Behotti posted:

But Good Humor is ice cream!

:aaa:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
My 4 year old daughter:

"Daddy, you fart too much!"

I do fart a lot. :smith:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

a mysterious cloak posted:

My son, age 5, building Lego with my dad:

Kid: Opa I can't get this piece off

Opa: <struggles to get same piece free> Hmmm, I can't get it either.

Kid: That's because you're old, and stupid.

To be fair, we're all old and stupid to a degree. Kids have it figured out, man.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Leavemywife posted:

Usually when my daughter, who is 3, is up to no good, I'll grab her arm and tell her no. It's gentle and gets the point across, and she understands it pretty well. The other day, she wouldn't stay out of the pantry, and I kept getting after her to stay outta there.

At one point, I told her to get outta the pantry, or it was gonna be timeout time. She walked over to me, grabbed my arm and looked me dead in the eyes and said, "No." And went about her merry way.

The other day my daughter was trying to climb up on the counter and I told her "No! That is not safe and you're making poor choices. You need to get down."

She walks over to me, puts her hand on her hip, cocks her head to the side and says *WHAT did you just say to me??" :nyd:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
My son, this morning: "It smells like bugs in here!"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Beachcomber posted:

Target 11:28pm

2yo girl: Corona VI-rus! Corona VI-rus!

My 11-year-old a few weeks ago in the waiting room at the doctor's office "I have Coronavirus!"

He was playing some stupid life simulation game on my phone and his character got the disease. This was right as it was starting to come into the American public consciousness, but before everything got cancelled. We got some looks.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Pastry of the Year posted:

My nephew is learning about venn diagrams.

Kid's got a pretty good handle on it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
4 year old daughter: "Daddy, will you play babies with me?"

Me: "Sure, honey."

Daughter: (hands me a baby) "This baby is dead."

Me: :stare:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I heard my six year old son making up a new song while playing with his cars the other day. It consists entirely of the lyric "Baby Yoda is my Mom."

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Hardwood Floor posted:

My nephew has been feeling bad because it's been raining a lot and he wants to play on his new playground set. His solution?
"We can build tunnels from the house to get to the playground so we won't get wet."
"How will we stop from getting wet on the playground then?"
"Build a new house on top of the playground."

Kid's got it figured out..

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Cardiovorax posted:

Roof the playground, stay dry while you're playing. Seems legit.

This is actually a thing. My wife and I took an Alaskan cruise for our honeymoon. One of the stops was in Ketchikan, which is the wettest city in North America. It rains something like 270 days a year. Anyway, we took a bus tour of the city and saw an elementary school up on stilts with the playground underneath so the kids can actually run around outside.

edit: Not Ketchikan, and not under a school, but this is a covered playground in Alaska.

Sorry about the link because I suck and can't post pics for some reason.

https://images.app.goo.gl/XwZ8kM233BKqtSiS8

BigBallChunkyTime has a new favorite as of 15:15 on Apr 22, 2020

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

I'd watch the poo poo out of that movie.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
From this morning.

My daughter was sitting at the table, happily flattening some yellow Play-Doh with her various Play-Doh tools. She then placed it on her hand and walked over to my wife.

Daughter: "Mommy, look! I made a puppet!"

Wife: "Wow! That's a great puppet, honey!"

Daughter: "Eat it!"

(Wife and I die of laughter)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

marshmallow creep posted:

My 8 year old autistic son got into his mom's nail polish to paint his fingernails.

Me: "Do you have permission?"
Him: "I have infinite permission."

drat. You can't argue with that.