Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ImpAtom posted:

If Star Build Strike isn't the final upgrade (and not even halfway through the series it probably isn't) then we've probably got a Build Star Mk.II and then probably a Build Freedom or something to look forward to. I doubt he's going to switch canons for a full upgrade. If it isn't something like that it's probably going to be completely original.

All I want is one Gundam Hammer on a unit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Blackchamber posted:

I really like this show. I still need to pull the trigger on the Zaku Amazing and a Bearguy though...

I'm a Zaku Amazing, Wing Fenice, and Sengaku Astray (Which I JUST ordered) deep into this poo poo. Waiting for those sweet reprints to start coming out so I can start kit bashing. Need some bits from the Shining, Burning, and Age Titus and then use a Gouf as a base. All Melee all charge Gouf. I call it the Gouf Overwhelming.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jan 4, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ElBrak posted:

You better have it posed over a defeated RX-78, having finally shown that its no Zaku boy, no Zaku!

I'll order a HG RX-78 just for that (And a copy of the Gundam Hammer).

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

3 posted:

This masterpiece must be the heretofore unseen third discharge mode! :haw:

Man I WISH they would re-make Guntank in this new BF line. I'd build Kampfertank Amazing :allears:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

Not seeing the G-Falcon was sad, but on the other hand, Sengoku Astray on Fuunsaiki. That was beautiful beyond words. I don't like Nils at all but I love his mecha and this episode only reaffirmed that.

I like that my country didn't lose the race, though I'm kind of scared of the fact that Sei and Reiji can only ever lose by blatant cheating or Yuuki antics. They basically ruled the race and would've won with no effort whatsoever had that weird underwater Zeong not appeared, and that's bad writing by all means. Hopefully following matches will kick them down a bit, I want to see Reiji lose because he was outpowered like both Yuuki matches.

This issue with what you're saying is they really haven't faced anyone on their level until fairly recently. Even Pre-Injury the Thai champ had them figured out in 12 seconds and sent them crashing into earth while dodging shots from both Mao and Seiji. They couldn't even take down the transformed Green Epyon until it was distracted. In a real one-on-one match they're going to probably barely win if they're fighting any of the characters set up as Rivals.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 13, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

This episode was 100% great. From Meijin teaching Nils about being a REAL fighter to Fellini's emotional flashback speech.

The most worrying part however is that preview. Dad seems to have brought home 2 of the '8 Devils of Gunpla' (the silhouetted assumedly Villainous Gundams behind the main antagonist in the OP). Not sure if I trust dear old dad.

Speaking OF those units in the OP. For those not well versed in Gundam here's an image showing off what the base units for those are. The Sazabi (The Completely Red one on row 2) is something Called Miss Sazabi and it was teased alongside the Exia Dark Matter that's directly behind the Chairman.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Caros posted:

The non silhouetted pictures are just stock images of the mobile suit they are based off, not the final image. This is a silhouette of what the Miss Sazabi is supposed to look like, which is a merger of the extremely feminine Nobel Gundam with the fat rear end Sazabi.

Which HOPEFULLY means we'll get to see a combination of the Berserk System AND a Psycho Frame.

Personally I want to see what Gimmick/Kit bashes that Master Gundam has. It's gotta be crazy.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

I'm expecting a group battle or two. We're definitely set for a team-up against some greater menace at some point.

That'll be for when the tournament brakes down and the dark secret of the PPSE's Chairman and the Particles comes to like. He'll fight them with his 8 evil gundams. Allan and Yuuki team up to restore honor to PPSE and join the rest of our heroes in a fight for the very soul of Gunpla Battles.

And if this show is worth anything Sazaki shows up in the Ultimate Gyan and helps say the day.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jan 20, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Magazine Scans have revealed the Exia Dark Matter and The Miss Sazabi.

Exia
Miss Sazabi

The Sazabi is so good :allears: It's reminds me a lot of the Tallgeese. Maybe that's just the color scheme, but still.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Actually it is supposed to be a variant of Sazabi's Beam Axe/Sword.

[edit]I just noticed Miss Sazabi doesn't have the backpack binders and thus (seemingly?) lacks funnels.

Funnels are for nerds. Miss Baker seems more the Direct Type, so the funnels just aren't her style. Assuming this is for her.

If this turns out to be Caro-raaaaain's revenge I think it would just be that she doesn't know what Funnels are.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Bloody Pom posted:

Exia was such a good base for an amazing custom, and what we got was something even a 12 year-old would think was dumb. It's even red and black! So cool, right guys?

:ughh:

Since it looks like The Chairman's the one who pilots it I really like it. He'sthe Man Child President who doesn't know dick about Gundam and he Pilots an overdesigned nightmare of a Gundam that's trying too hard to be threatening. It's 100% in character.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Bloody Pom posted:

All Hail Shadow starts blaring through the stadium PA system at max volume when it does.

This would honestly just make things better.

then Sonic Build Strike can reply with LIVE AND LEARN

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

SpikeMcclane posted:

Sonic Build Strike thankfully made me think of a speaker striker pack before the hedgehog.
We need KiraraNot-Basara to get a new suit with a giant amp/speaker backpack.

C'mon, it's the perfect excuse for the best possible Macross to cover with Gundam.

LISTEN TO MY GUNPLA'S SONG.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

OneDeadman posted:

Maybe Sazaki will show up again as Baker's long lost son or something with the Gyan Gya Gyan AMAZING and they fight Sei and someone else in a Tag Team Battle.

Wait, wait. Sazaki is a boy?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Sazaki is a man's name and he is a MAN.

Sorry, no. Not buying it. I mean... Look at him/her. I know my anime and that's a lady anime.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

But yeah, display pictures of the HG Exia Dark Matter and Miss Sazabi have come out. Now you can see their backs!

Also, I totally forgot I was doing this and I imagine nobody cares, but the winners of the 2013 GBWC were announced a while back. A kid from Hong Kong with a RG Char's Zaku II won the Junior course, and to the surprise of absolutely nobody the Japanese representative won the open course with his MG Nu vKa.

The Miss Sazabi's backpack/thrusters are amazing. It's like a lightweight Tallgesse.

Also the MG Nu is a work of art.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Paper Lion posted:

I'd just like to note for posterity that when I compared this show to G Gundam there were a couple babbys complaining about how this could never be as "deep" or self aware as G Gundam.

hahaha you are stupids

Look, it doesn't have hilariously racist Gundam designs. It's not G Gundam.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Azubah posted:

Gundam Builders: That's no cash grab, boy.

Quad Cape posted:

Gundam Build Fighters - Gundams in the pocket

Sonata Mused posted:

Gundam Build Fighters - We Can Build It Better, Faster, More Amazing

Any of these 3.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

If it was going to be a new character they'd probably be in the OP or ED.

Clearly is piloted by the Twins.

EDIT: ACTUALLY SPEAKING OF THE TWINS

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jan 27, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Sonata Mused posted:

Sei-mom and Aila are still the best.

Kirara at the beginning was the best. The other two barely made it to her level.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I almost feel the whole "Aila was a street urchin" angle feels too... obvious. Sure it fits the usual Cyber-Newtype motif, but I can't help but think/hope they'll do something different with it and this is just a red herring.

Also, I guess this is the last(?) we'll see of Mr. Clamp, I wonder who the next old friend of Ral's to show up will be. Maybe Hamon? :haw:

Only if it's As his wife wondering what the hell he's be doing in his time off.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

DookieSandwich posted:

Newtypes can control time?

Newtypes will eventually evolve to be the masters of everything, because their souls are no longer weighed down by Gravity.

Char Was Right!

tsob posted:

I kind of think that's part of the point, that Mao isn't that great a fighter and is more of a builder. His entire thing was that he needed to learn some humility after all. Still though, I was kind of disappointed that Sei and Reiji didn't connect the Real Grade system to their beam saber for a giant beam saber's battle, which was what I expected when Mao did his. The punch just felt off, as Pureauthor said.

Yeah. Up until that point it was all pretty alright.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

I think Emma Sheen is one of my favorite Gundam women too. Although Diana from Turn A is probably just slightly above her.

Tieria is the best Gundam Girl.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TARDISman posted:

Was this the first time they used the RG system and Sei didn't have to rebuild the entire unit afterwards?

It was also the first time they could actually use the RG system at anything but minimum power. Every other time we've seen it they were already broken and beaten, so it was at diminished effect.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Holy poo poo that EXAM System reveal. What a great battle :allears:. So glad a Jim got to showcase in one of the best battles I've seen in the franchise before eating it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TARDISman posted:

But funnels and the like are actually a part of the machine, whereas a squadron of dudes running around sticking C4 on stuff just feels cheap.

Typical Feddie scum, always underestimating the strength and character of the average Zeon soldier.

Also my local comic shop has started selling gunpla of all grades and basically said they'll order everything I need for the kitbash of my dreams. I'm trying to save money but the siren call of Gunpla has taken my heart :negative:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

See if they can order the old SEED NG 1/144s. You could be the one to craft the Perfect Gunbarrel Star Build Strike Noir Full Package IWSP Plavsky Wing [Speed Mode]!

Nah man, just need a MG Age-Titus, MG Gouf, and maybe some bits and odds-and-ends from Either MG Zeta or the Exia.

Fair off impossible dream kit I need a MG Maxter to have ever existed. All Melee, all thruster Gouf painted White with purple detailing/accents.

EDIT: Found this neat little thing for all you gunpla building boys and girls

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Feb 11, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

The Kampfer Amazing sucks

I know opinions cannot technically be wrong, but I feel like this is getting real drat close. The Kampfer Amazing is literally just a better Kampfer and the Kampfer is one of the best Zeon suits period.

And since Zeon has all the best suits, it's basically the best MS ever barring the one Robotic boxing football player

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Maybe they're just two assholes who lost a fight and this is a super long and super goon discussion that literally goes nowhere and is arguing over nothing!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TARDISman posted:

No, the only MGs to come out of 00 was Setsuna's stuff and the GN-X.

Which is sad because the Dynames is basically better than everything Setsuna piloted ever.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Build Fighters Amazing. You can guess who it stars.

6-8 year old Yuuki and his smothering Maid who his lovely parents left him to be raised by!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Crowetron posted:

Basically, I'm holding out hope for Zam Amazing

Grand Zam Amazing :getin:

Apple Mummy posted:

Maybe it could absorb the energy slashes Nils creates? Probably not.

Why not? The Shield Absorbs Plaskvy particles and it seems Nils beam slashes are just literally throwing the particles at people.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

It doesn't work on beam sabers and there's a pretty good chance that Nils slashes basically function as long-range beam sabers considering how we've seen them function.

But why doesn't it? Like all the weapon fire is just plaskvy particles dressed up, right?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

It's not explained but if it is like any other Gundam series, beam sabers just are concentrated enough to push through anti-beam defenses. Even things like Beam Boomerangs work. Sei doesn't have to follow canon but there's probably still rules he can't get around and we've seen the Absorb Shield follows at least that. (He also said the Satellite Cannon was too big for it to absorb IIRC.)

Well I mean the Satellite Cannon thing I get. It's too much beam to absorb. They've shown the SBS has a limited storage capacity (at least they have a maximum) and Mao's beam probably would have just been too much to absorb

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Caroraaaaaaaaain is still being the best character that doesn't pilot a Gyan. A Good episode even without the fights.

EDIT: Holy poo poo did they cut some animation corners this episode. I wish I had a gif of Sei and Reiji walking down the stairs after the fight. Jesus.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Feb 17, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm expecting the Miss Sazabi to be hers, and die inside of two minutes of the fight starting. Also, anyone else think the Qubely Papillion is just ugly as hell?

No. Qubeley's a great unit and the Papillion is the first one with a not garbage color scheme.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

So, meet the mystery silhouette that was teased earlier:

It's Crossbone Gundam.

GBF is basically making all my Gundam dreams come true. Just need a MG Maxter and that's all I need.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Besides, HGAC Wing Zero is the March HG, so we might just see a comeback. :getin:

From the Ashes, an Angel rises!

Also good on Fellini for finally becoming a True Wing Gundam pilot. Personally I like to imagine it's the only unit with a self destruct.

Monaghan posted:

Well that fucks with the timeline a little bit because 00 came out after the first plastky particles were discovered and the tournaments started running

Clearly they just based the 00 designs on the gunpla itself.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Level Slide posted:

Alright, because it would be weird if Reiji was fine with Kirara's underhanded tactics but indignant with the Renato brothers'.

But the Renato's tactics weren't underhanded? At least not in the same way Kirara's were. The Brothers just used misdirection and sleight of hand in battle, Kirara literally sabotaged the enemy unit before the battle so that it would basically be unusable in the actual fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Blackchamber posted:

No I remember that, and that Fellini has scooped up other gunpla fighter's girlfriends before. I just thought it'd be good for him if he destructed the Fenice because in the show we've seen them build destroy build, and he'd break the cycle (until next year) and go for a/the girl sans gunpla. Sure the chick he's into now is the gunpla idol but to me that would make it sweeter since they both share a strong interest but they give it the back seat to a relationship... in a series that puts the fun of building gunpla before everything else all the time. Stop being a goon Fellini, even if the girl is a goonette.

I too wish a man would give up his passion and his major source of income to get with a girl who actually likes his passion and doesn't mind that he's into it at all.
:goonsay:

• Locked thread