Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Has anyone found Marshmallows yet? I wanna get my friends together and have a nice 'mallow roast over a fire. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Has anyone found Marshmallows yet? I wanna get my friends together and have a nice 'mallow roast over a fire. :3:

Anything on this?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

How badly buried are Pyramids? I've been going through small worlds looking for one and I've been able to find a bunch of those giant trees but no luck otherwise.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Raskolnikov posted:

I love reading this thread and feeling pretty cool with my demonite pick and you guys are talking about rainbow bricks, unicorns and other crazy crap.

I feel like I'm worse. I play multiplayer with some friends and the most creative thing we've managed to make is a big one block thick ice fountain. And a giant dick as well since this game lets you place blocks so we all new that would pop up eventually. v:v:v

Pr0phecy posted:

You lot are brilliant. I have not, since the beta, made a different home than the standard 5x5 square with a chair and desk with a torch. The fact that there are teleporters that can bring you into dungeons instead of running for 4 minutes and traps that defend your house, just blows my mind.

I applaud you all.

If I was creative, I'd make some really nice and defensible houses for my NPCs as well. But we're in Hardmode now and too busy being slaughtered by Werewolves and possessed Armors. Speaking of that can anyone give me some advice on making that not happen? I'm using a Godly Night's Edge and Hellstone armor and can't keep myself alive during blood moons.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

mechanicalFactory posted:

Anyone know if the Moss Hornet in hardcore underground dungeons drop Bezoar?

The wiki says they only drop feathers on a .67% rate. Here.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hobo Siege posted:

There's something primally terrifying about the Crimson. Big ol' red welts sticking out of the earth that stretch down for aaages with hearts pumping away at the bottom. I'm well equipped to deal with anything I might run into down there, but I still get sort of uneasy. It's not so much the presentation as the idea of the thing.

The planet is dying. :( The only question is whether or not it's best to leave it be or pick up your hammer and help it along.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay so I'm still hearing tales of wonder regarding the Vampire Knives and Magnet Sphere. Where exactly are you finding them? I went into the Dungeon on my own and got steamrolled because of Armored Skeletons and suddenly a Paladin.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

dis astranagant posted:

The best way to skip straight to hard mode dungeon is to farm Skeletron for the Book of Skulls. It's really drat strong.

How do you summon Skeletron again? Also if you kill the Dungeon Guardian you can get an item for a pet. :v: Which is really insane.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

canepazzo posted:

I still can't seem to be able to attract a Truffle. I have 2 worlds, both with a mushroom farm, a house in the farm made of mushrooms, mushroom furniture, killed all of the bosses - still nada. The farm and house are separate from the main base. What's the trick?

You are getting a new background from the mushroom biome right? Because otherwise it's not gonna work. Also what did you do to make your house out of mushrooms because I can only get furniture.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So my friend is gone now and I wanna get into Terraria again to enjoy all this Halloween stuff. Any suggestions for building a house that looks better than rectangles stacked on top of each other?

I'm just gonna be using all my hardmode stuff to speed it up, by the way.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

shymog posted:

The easiest way to force myself into more-creative layouts is to build into naturally-existing ground formations.

My problem is both a lack of creativity and no thought put into decoration afterwards. :shobon:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Devour or Fire posted:

Why is linear reinforcement bad.

Because people like having multiple ways to do things. I don't think making the bosses so hard that you have to build an arena and wire it up with statues is something that this game desperately needed.

quote:

Also on the subject of taking damage and stuff, have you tried dodging.

:monocle: HOLY poo poo! So that's why I keep getting killed! The solution to success is to be a perfect warrior who never gets hit in the game ever! That'll solve the constant nerfs to everything! You've done it now; you solved Terraria combat. :bravo:

Seriously though, explain how 'Mana Potions make your magic weaker when you drink them' is a good :airquote:feature?:airquote:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Or don't.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Devour or Fire posted:

I don't care about people who go ahead and and play the game differently. However there is a group of people who wish to play the game differently in a way that isn't being supported and they're getting mad about it and blaming the developer and reddit and I'm interacting with them to some degree.

Devour or Fire posted:

Actually people complaining about locks getting added to shadow chests are stupid because shadow chests never existed unlocked, you had to grind bone serpents for all their loot before. If that sounds like a good time then guess what you can still go to hell and kill demons for their hardmode-viable magic.

People are complaining about things because new patches come along and both add new features and pidgeonhole how you can play the game. Shadow chests may have always been locked but you know that Golden Chests in the Dungeon weren't right? So suiciding in and chancing upon getting a Muramasa or Aqua Scepter or whatever was a possible option. I don't think anyone even mentioned shadow chests not being locked though.

For some reason people aren't exactly delighted by things like chancing on finding a special key for those Hallow Corruption or Jungle chests now needing key molds as well because....?

Personally, I wasn't a fan of Hardmode gear getting nerfed back when people were claiming that the Specter set was overpowered I mean, just don't use it if it bugs you? It's a single-player game, so if you're not having fun using it exercise some restraint and don't.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Devour or Fire posted:

I can't answer these questions if you keep equating structure to arbitrary and meaningless gating. Red isn't going to let you set your spawn next to the dungeon and murder yourself in it until you make it to the first chest because you found out how to get power bombs really early with wall jumping in Super Metroid 15 years ago, deal with it.

Hey man, it doesn't bug me, since I'm all about going through natural progression in games because I lack creativity. I'm just trying to explain the other people's point on it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Devour or Fire posted:

You haven't explained jack poo poo, the only thing I've gathered from your collection of rhetorical questions is a fear of change.

Yeah, I don't like change when the change makes things worse than they were. Or at least when I think it does.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

So get an inventory editor and just give yourself a Muramasa or an Aqua Scepter? Or maybe use a map editor to stick an unlocked chest with those weapons inside the front of the dungeon? As far as I know, Red's done precisely nothing to block mods, cheats, game file editors, and other forms of game editing, so you can still sequence-break all you want if you really feel that strongly about having better gear than the boss was intended to be fought with. If he was making an effort to block that stuff too, maybe then you'd have room to complain, but as things are he just fixes ingame exploits while leaving the game wide-open to outside utilities.

You're talking to the wrong person dude, I'm not the one who brought that stuff up first. I'm just someone trying to better explain someone else's point.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

benzine posted:

More spoilers from the solar eclipse.

Everyone knows the Addams called the hand Thing. Come on.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This'd look great if the character gets some idle animations. First thing that comes to mind is that Scott Pilgrim game.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Reason posted:

that new terraria looks way better in motion and also way dark than in the screenshot

guys i think it was just nightime in the video

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm just not creative enough to make anything nice. I'd love to have a nice housing system for everyone but I'm just not someone who builds impressive things. I'm a Red Faction Guerrilla guy. Not a Minecraft guy.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

poo poo, from the look of that trailer, they're adding a story to the game.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Anatharon posted:

Genuine question, what's the deal with starbound? I got it for free and tried to launch it, it didn't work and I never bothered trying to figure out how to fix it but apparently it's really awful???

It's unfinished and early access instead of leaked early like Terraria was.

Also, it has the Crossfit disease where people who played and didn't have fun with it can't stop posting about how bad a game it is and how much it sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FraudulentEconomics posted:

Expert mode adds extra poo poo, so I'm holding off until then so I can just do an expert run period. Here's to hoping it's roughly dark souls quality hardness.

It does? I thought it just made bosses more aggressive and monsters might spawn in your homebase.

• Locked thread