Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I just discovered and marathoned this show. It's fantastic and John Barrowman was an incredible, bombastic villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Episode was loving fantastic. I love Sarah as the Canary, I loved the fights (ripping off the doorjam or whatever), the lines were great, especially the thread title.

I agree with everyone else; I think Paul Blackthorne and Caity Lotz dominated the episode.

I really hope Caity Lotz comes back. I'm not sure how Katie Cassidy is supposed to fill those boots. I'd much prefer for Caity Lotz to be the fulltime Canary and join the Arrow team.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Professor Ivo could just be a flashback player. Maybe he got taken out a while back?

I think this season will be focusing on Brother Blood, with the League setting up for later and China White and Bronze Tiger showing up as filler fights like they did last season.

Deadshot will likely be recurring for the whole series until Diggle manages to kill him in the last season.

One thing I thought I'd mention is that I haven't read the comics, so i don't know most of the names. However, when Ivo said his name, from the way the actor said the line and the way the music shifted, I could tell that he was a comics player.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Let me get this straight.

They found someone who's nearly as physical as Stephen Amell, a better actor than Katie Cassidy, and she outshone most of the cast combined. And she's NOT going to be the fulltime Canary?

I have to ask: what the hell guys?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

We do not know that. Things change all the time and its possible that they will keep her. I mean Lost only hired Michael Emerson for a couple of episodes and then decided to make him a full time character.

Fair enough, but barring a statement from the creators, the last information we have is that Laurel is definitely becoming the Canary at some point, right?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

e X posted:

They already burned half his face and he is on the Amazo, so maybe Ivo even give him his comic style enhanced healing factor by experimenting a little on him.

Do we know that for sure? Shado was in the plane, Slade got burned, but did we see either of them on the boat yet?

I was assuming they were still on the island.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

MrFlibble posted:

Well Sara obviously died at some point (this latest episode she says it wouldn't be her first funeral)
That could have just been a quip about the fact that to her family she was dead.

Or it could be referencing that the old Sarah, the one from Starling City is technically dead. Which is to say that she's not the same person.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Dantes posted:

Probably miraculu. Japanese add a "u" sound often when they pick words from other languages.

"mirakuru" is a more accurate transcription. Japanese adds vowels in between any consonant string, because Japanese words have to have consonants separated by vowels.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I was expecting the show to drag out the trial and have it be the season finale.

Then I remembered what show I'm watching and HOLY poo poo they basically had the trial of the protagonist's mother as the B plot of the episode.

The Count was incredibly fun, but I was disappointed that they never really explained how he recovered from the Vertigo. Still, a great villain and a great plot. "Ipso facto..ARROW" was a great line.

I honestly expected that the Count would've laced his bullets with Vertigo, but I guess that's only Deadshot's thing?

When Moira got into the car, something felt off. When the driver said "not going home," I knew something was up. When he got shot, I thought "...couldn't be."

AND THEN.

I loving love this show.

Also, yeah, Thea told needs to figure out that Ollie's the Arrow.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Merlyn is pretty clearly Arrow's Green Goblin?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

We lost the Joker and gained the Green Goblin. I think I can live with that?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Cityinthesea posted:

I kinda want Brother Blood in the H.I.V.E., but that may be my appreciation for the Teen Titans cartoon talking.

Since that's my only exposure to either of them, I'm in the same camp.

Still, I can see Blood being part of this season and H.I.V.E. being later on.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

GOD. drat.

That was an amazing piece of television. I did think they went overboard with "particle accelerator" and "I'm constantly late!" but Barry was great, the action was awesome, Moira namedropping Ra's made me giddy and Ollie shooting Roy was perfect and hilarious.

I want to know everything that happened before the show. The island arc is incredibly engrossing to me.

So glad we have an episode next week.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Torrannor posted:

In that case they should perhaps export Laurel to the Flash spin-off.

I never knew how much I wanted this to happen until right now. Now I'm sad because it won't happen.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Why would you do that Barry?

Barry joins the Arrow team and commutes from Central to Starling. Thus, while he's in the Flash show, he's only there for half an episode and the rest is Laurel Lance, Central City ADS.

Then, when it gets canceled for low ratings, Barry joins Arrow fulltime and Laurel is gone.

Ohgod, I just wrote actual fanfiction. And I'm not sure it's that bad.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

e X posted:

I know this is a ploy to get rid of Laurel, but Barry really should be able to be in both series without any problems explaining how he manages it :colbert:

And I ma so looking forward to the Rogues, Flash really has one of the best Rogue galleries in all of comicdom, especially when they work together. The are basically one big, evil family.

I can see it now. At the end of an episode of the Flash, he gets a phone call from Ollie. Start of Arrow, Ollie calls him, and he shows up while they're still talking.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

Does the fact that Ra's didn't know Merlyn was still alive basically confirm he wasn't Lazarus Pitted and just faked his death really well?

And man I can't wait for next week, this week has been great and Barry has just been really likeable right off the bat.

Merlyn said as much when he showed up. "There are places where death is an illusion. I've been to one. I learned to be very convincing."

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Warmachine posted:

If you want to be extra safe, break up Amellsdays and put the Flash right after Arrow. As long as it doesn't utterly suck in comparison, the audience will stick around and you have a 2 hour block of solid gold.

Put the Flash before Arrow, so Barry can finish his episode and then run over to Starling and help Ollie.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Drifter posted:

Could you imagine during end credits of Flash if this were the case? They'd just show him literally running down the freeways until he got to Starling and then knocking on Ollie's door? :allears:

Big money for this. BIIIIG money.

Some Numbers posted:

I can see it now. At the end of an episode of the Flash, he gets a phone call from Ollie. Start of Arrow, Ollie calls him, and he shows up while they're still talking.

I'm not sure you realize how much I want this to happen.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Feenix posted:

Sorry to come in here kick an ignorant child, but I keep hearing this show rocks "now".

Is the first season tolerable? I think I want to give it a go...

Tolerable? Absolutely. It's really solid, with a couple of rough patches. Definitely worth watching.

It does take a few episodes to find its legs though.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

So, I'm rewatching the first Barry episode. Oliver's exact words about Ivo and the serum: "He's dead. So is everyone he injected with the serum, the last of which, I burned."

Well, Ivo didn't inject Slade, did he? Oliver might know that Slade is alive.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I want more BSG actor cameos. We got Helo, Baltar and Tory in season 1. Let's get Tigh and Cottle in for an episode each.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Yes he has killed people with bullets. He shot Commissioner Gorden's wife in the head. He had kidnapped a bunch of babies and he tossed one, so she would drop her gun to catch it.

When are we getting the next episode?

January 15th.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

GOT VIRUS FROM MP3 posted:

I bet they're already strapped for time on this show but these need to be 3x longer, I wonder if the BluRays have expanded versions.

Someone said there was a deleted scene that justified Laurel going to work in the finale, so yeah, I'd say the episodes don't have room for longer fight scenes.

They could reduce the amount of plot development to lengthen the fight scenes, but I don't think anyone wants that.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I have to agree on Katie Cassidy. I rewatched the pilot and she was fine. Sometime during the first season, her face changed or her make-up changed and she looks really different, different enough to bother me.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

WarLocke posted:

Is this show back yet?

I want it to be back.

One more week.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

Paging Rarity to this thread.

edit:

Is…is that the Flash?!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Tweet at… what's his name? Grant? Tweet at both him and NPH. If they know the fans want it, maybe they can talk to the showrunners and get it done.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

VagueRant posted:

Super Roy irks me. I kind of wish they would have had the balls to kill him off when he got injected. 'cause right now we've seen 3/4 mirakuru (just say miracle!x100) patients respond incredibly well to the ULTRA DEADLY KILL SERUM.

Three of the four people we've seen get injected on screen have reacted well. Blood had an entire lab full of people who didn't.

Slade and Roy were both technically dead for a while. Slade woke up on his own because he's awesome. Roy needed some chat compressions before he came back.

The formula hasn't been perfected yet.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Funhilde posted:

Still going through the re-watch of season 1 with my husband and I really don't know HOW Detective Lance is still in the dark about the Arrow's identity. My guess is it is easier to stomach if he doesn't acknowledge that he knows anything.

My pet theory is that he knows it's Oliver and he doesn't care because it's become clear that the city really needs him.

Edit: love the new thread title.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

At least the Oliver/Arrow connection is more tenuous than the Peter Parker/Spider-Man connection.

Oliver has a lot more deniability.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Error 404 posted:

I know I'm late to the party (watching via Hulu the next day), but nobody mentioned Shrapnel was SIMON loving TAM!

Holy poo poo!

Yes he was and he did a credible job at being unhinged and anti-government.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Ollie fucks up shooting Roy in the leg and he bleeds out in the alley behind the club.

And I can't believe no one mentioned that Detective Lance noticed Oliver had a mask. At this point I would be disappointed if he didn't know that Oliver was the vigilante. He just plays along to humor him.

Don't believe it; several people mentioned it and it's the new thread title.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I didn't mind Jesse L Martin, but Jerry Orbach/Chris Noth was the best L&O pair.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Laurel was useful and that was all fine. Her scenes were good and they made use of her pill subplot.

But loving DEATHSTROKE. A live action Deathstroke that was totally awesome despite being totally superfluous and fanservice.

Also, Roy had a great arc in this episode and I'm psyched to see how Oliver trains him.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

hi liter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt__KX9sfvU

For folks like me who missed the preview. Seems very much like Ollie will reveal his identity to Roy. Also more Bronze Tiger.

I think we all know what the thread title will be next week.

Do you have one of your hoodies?

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jan 24, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Drifter posted:

You gotta admit, Thea's a little too chill for a boyfriend who's violent as all gently caress like Roy demonstrated himself to be. She's stone cold, and Merlyn's gonna show up and be all
:whatup: Black Arrow
and she's just all Whatevs, my boyfriend ate a dude once.

He's been visibly freaked out about something for a couple of weeks and was visibly freaked out at the hospital. He definitely didn't have the look of a violent psychopath.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Just gonna leave this here:

Yessssss. :unsmigghh:

e X posted:

We spent a lot of time with Sebastian Blood, which I like, but it kind of raises the question of what exactly his endgame is. We know Slade wants to destroy Ollie and everything he holds dear, but Blood doesn't make the impression on me that he just works for Slade, he does have a motive on its own.

Blood wants to save Starling City. In his own way. With an army of Mirakuru soldiers.

I may be projecting, but I think he's planning to destroy the other part of the city.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

wargames posted:

Don't you understand we can have a music meister episode with NPH and Barrowman.

So, the Flash and Barrowman both happen to be in Starling City and NPH drops in to take over.

It'll be Once More With Feeling all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I couldn't even find any of his answers. I think the take questions and record answers format is definitely superior.

• Locked thread