Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Torrannor posted:

WTF, but at least we now know that the good looks probably come from the male line. And something is wrong with me, I found that funny.

I laughed :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Fuuuck, 2 more days :dance:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Rocksicles posted:

I spend 8-10 hours a day working out on a building site and i'm built nothing like any of those dudes.

Looking like them doesn't automatically happen even if your job is highly active.

teagone fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Oct 9, 2013

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

This show loving owns. So glad it's back. Great season opener; it was a much needed refresher after I had to struggle to get through Agents of Shield. :allears:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, considering he has a dedicated tech person now and his recent vow against killing we'll probably see more trick arrows this season.

Boxing glove arrow is a lock.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

hcreight posted:

The world is denied CCH Pounder as live action Waller once again. :sigh:

Stop reminding me of how great that casting would be :(

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

ded posted:

Well that explains the "we must destroy it to cleanse it" theme for the Glades.

Yeah, this. Also, this show is so loving good. God drat :stare:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

pentyne posted:

Can they actually cast an actor for Ra's Al Ghul? He's a Batman movie character and I thought that was off the table. Batman characters have always had weird rules for who can appear where with the different cartoon shows and movies.

They should hire Liam Neeson because gently caress continuity. He'd be awesome in this show.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

bbf2 posted:

Do you really think Liam Neeson would agree to appear on The CW?

Haha. Of course I do.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

qbert posted:

Just realized the actress who plays Canary was that girl from Mad Men that tried to seduce Don in California.

It was the other way around. Don made a pass at her after driving her home.

And jesus, this show. Every week I've had my mind blown.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Man, the Arrow cast is first class. Top notch. :unsmith:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Teek posted:

Here you go. HUGE casting spoiler:

http://tinyurl.com/mak8uax

gently caress, why the hell isn't Liam McIntyre or Dustin Clare on this show yet?! I'm 100% all for Arrow being the Spartacus actor refugee haven.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

JayMax posted:

Why did Barrowman have to shoot the driver he had obviously hired himself?

No loose ends. Everyone thinks he's dead. He can't have some random driver knowing he's still alive.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Ughrhguugh... that ending. :gizz: This loving show. Is. So. Good.

[edit] Speculation: I wonder if Oliver has a stash of that miracle stuff and is going to get injected with it next episode seeing as how he's currently sedated.

teagone fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Dec 5, 2013

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

e X posted:

Concerning Barry, it's the typical problem all DC comics currently suffer from. Can't have a hero without personal tragedy in their backstory, even if they worked for decades without one.

So, does Ollie now get superpowers or am I confusing the stuff he got injected with with something else? And I get the feeling that Moira just traded one devil for the other.

The sedatives led him to where the super-powered-guy showed up. I think it's implied he just got heavily sedated.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Senerio posted:

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/posts/544618005623471

Amell posted a really cool fan-made video. I really liked it.

Video reminds me of how stylish the visuals in Arrow can be. Good poo poo.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Spergatory posted:

I really want the films and TV shows to stay separate; Arrow does not deserve to be tainted by Man of Steel. Unfortunately, DC hasn't been making the best decisions lately and it's likely they're just going to continue trying to stupidly copy Marvel's everything.

My hope is that Arrow has already thrown so much DC poo poo at the wall that they are already hopelessly out-of-continuity with any potential movies.

You drat well know that if a season finale cliffhanger somehow links Arrow to the DC cinematic universe, everyone would go loving nuts. I'd be excited as hell, :gizz:ing all over the place in a perpetual state of nerdgasm-fueled euphoria. You're all liars if you say you wouldn't be excited.

teagone fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Dec 7, 2013

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Whizbang posted:

Man of Steel was dogshit and I hope it and everyone involved stay far far away from Arrow.

Ok.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Manu Bennet looks so good as Slade with the eyepatch. I got a lump in my throat when Tommy showed up. Nice speech, gently caress. loving flash origin made me :gizz: Ughhhghhhh, I loving love this show.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Deadpool posted:

Ernie Hudson is awesome. I fully support this.

He already knows how to play a good beat cop (see: The Crow). I'm all for that casting too.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

King of Solomon posted:

Wow, this is a really good video. Thanks for sharing, it's super interesting. Amell is such a good dude, it's really striking.

Seriously, that was a great watch. I'm so much of a nerd that I got goosebumps when he answered the question about Arrow being part of the same universe as Man of Steel; it felt like he was trying real hard to choose his words carefully :tinfoil:

He genuinely seems to be totally on-board if WB/DC decided they wanted him and Grant Gustin in a Justice League movie. I mean, their origins are already established so they can immediately be introduced. Fans who haven't seen Arrow or the eventual Flash series could then go back to and watch the show as a prequel after they see them in a Justice League film. AHHHH.

teagone fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Dec 26, 2013

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Krad posted:

I do find it kind of weird that we haven't seen any Superman easter eggs yet... they're probably still deciding if connecting both universes would be a good idea.

Here DC, let me save you some trouble: it's not a good idea. Don't do it. I actually liked MoS and I still think it would be a terrible mistake.

I see a lot of people saying it'd be a bad idea but not saying exactly why to make a good argument. With the advent of more fantastical elements being introduced this season, e.g., mirakuru, Grundy, and the origin/intro of Flash, it really does feel like they're setting up both shows (Arrow/Flash) for something bigger than TV. Amell does make a good point of them not doing "TV versions" of the characters, and are more concerned with doing the best 'definitive' versions that wouldn't look out of place in any kind of medium.

[edit] And I mean... come on. Who wouldn't want to see Manu Bennett as Deathstroke beat the poo poo out of Ben Affleck as Batman?

teagone fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Dec 26, 2013

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Krad posted:

I know they're trying their best to not do "TV versions" of their characters, but for example, can you really picture the Grundy we saw going toe to toe against MoS' Superman like he does in the comics? They're two vastly different things.

Superman is like the king daddy of superheroes, so I don't see a problem with him being able to manhandle anything that Arrow would have problems with in the cinematic universe.

quote:

The other problem is how much more limited they would be compared to how they've been doing up to now. Just look at Agents of Shield, they have no idea what to do without being able to show Thor/Cap/Iron Man aside from some vague references here and there. I don't want that for Arrow. I want them to keep doing what they're doing and to steal as many rogues from other heroes as they legally can.

Agents of Shield's approach to a TV series tie-in is all wrong. And that's honestly not even the biggest problem with the show in my opinion; it looks cheap, feels cheap, the characters/plotlines are uninteresting, and the writing sucks. Those are the bigger negatives to me. Also, it's not as if Ben Affleck or Henry Cavill would have to show up in on the TV show at any point to justify the connection. Sam Jackson showing up on AoS had no effect on me, nor did it make any difference to the quality of the show. poo poo, I'd argue even if RDJ, Evans, or Hemsworth showed up for an episode, it wouldn't make the show any better either. It's the writing ultimately dictates just how well the series could tie-in with the cinematic universe, and I really think the Arrow writers/showrunners are capable of making it work.

teagone fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Dec 26, 2013

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Krad posted:

What I mean is: imagine a world where Arrow was allowed to exist alongisde Batmam Begins. Arrow would've never had the chance to use the League of Assassins plotline as much as they did this season, at least for a while/until Begins got released. Where they're right now, it seems like they can use almost any property they want. I remember that at first Arrow wasn't allowed to mention a lot of stuff that could connect to Batman. Look at it now; they almost want them to use everything they can think of, and the show is way better off like that.

I don't see how being part of the Man of Steel's universe would affect Arrow in the way you're describing. Like, what reason would becoming part of the DCCU prevent or debilitate them from using other properties? If anything, I'd figure it'd allow them to use even more.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Krad posted:

There'd be a bunch of characters for any future DC movies that they probably won't be allowed to use on the show aside from a passing reference.

That argument kind of circles back to having Batman, Superman or any characters from either of those franchises show up on Arrow, which is an issue that can be dealt with good writing. Implementing Flash's origin into Arrow's current arc is a good example of that. There'd honestly be a lot more pressure, plot wise, to get Amell or Gustin to show up in a Justice League movie alongside Cavill/Affleck/Gadot in a way that makes sense and is organic to the story on both the Arrow and Flash TV shows.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

jscolon2.0 posted:

If so, Barry's mission to prove that paranormal/superhuman things happen should be really easy since the attack on Metropolis was broadcast on CNN.

I could easily see a potential Flash season finale where it's a crossover episode with Arrow that ends with Ollie and Barry getting Zod's 'You Are Not Alone' message on their TVs/computers and then open up an Arrow episode with them watching breaking news of Zod and Clark's fight in Metropolis.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

BreakAtmo posted:

Not a chance. Besides the fact that Liam Neeson doing TV is unlikely, the show is in a different continuity to the Dark Knight Saga and they would actively want to avoid making it seem otherwise. It would be like casting Willem Dafoe as Norman Osborn in Amazing Spider-Man 2.

While I agree the chance of Liam Neeson showing up on a DC comic book related TV show is pretty much zero, having a character cross over into a different continuity of the same franchise/property has been done before (Judi Dench as M for both the Brosnan/Craig bond films) and it seemed to work ok. Little different for comic book movies though, I guess.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

WarLocke posted:

This is basically why I hope the Arrow and MoS universes are never linked. Because just having the events of MoS existing in the same universe would totally overshadow anything they could do on Arrow.

I posted something similar a ways back, but if the big Metropolis fight happened then why would anyone have any skepticism about a guy who could beat down a steel door?

Batman or Superman wouldn't have to show up on Arrow; it'd be completely unnecessary, even if they are in a shared universe. Did Thor or Cap show up in Iron Man 3 for a significant part? No. I honestly can't see what the big deal is. All I'm getting is just "it'll be bad" but without any convincing evidence as to how or why it would be. Someone enlighten me.

Also, since Arrow is essentially Year One, and Grant Gustin's Flash origin is just starting, it's not hard to assume that if... if the TV show universe is linked to the Man of Steel/DC cinematic universe, that both shows are taking place a few years before Zod and Clark's Metropolis brawl happens.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

bbf2 posted:

Arrow uses characters from DC comic book lore extremely liberally (and in a very good way), and it would suck for their ability to use whatever DC character to be held in check because they have to check in with the head honchos of WB to see if there's any chance of them wanting to use said character in a future movie. I'm pretty sure at the very least they would have said no to Deathstroke, Amanda Waller, and having Ra's Al Ghul appear in the flesh (which I'm sure will happen on Arrow at some point).

Also because Man of Steel was garbage.

Don't they check with WB/DC already? I mean, wouldn't they have to? Also, the Arrow cast would elevate the DC film universe to awesome levels :colbert:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

GOT VIRUS FROM MP3 posted:

This is EXACTLY what I think would be perfect for Flash, even a bit of wind hits Cloe's hair.

That looked horrible... what the hell are you guys on? I guess the lovely dialogue leading up to the "effect" seemed to make it worse, but still. That was pretty bad.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The Lord Bude posted:

I'm falling apart with no decent television to watch during this break period. Is Spartacus worth my time? I like me some Manu Bennett.

Spartacus is loving amazing. You have to rough it through a first couple episodes in season 1, but drat does it ramp up and it never stops until the finale. It's a wild ride. How much do you like Manu Bennett? Because you get to see pretty much all of him in the show.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The Lord Bude posted:

I slogged through smallville. I think I'll be able to handle it.

Smallville is absolute poo poo garbage compared to Spartacus.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Some Numbers posted:

One more week.

gently caress. Man. I need my fix :(

Narcissus1916 posted:

Its hard to say "Laurel has no chemistry with the cast" when we never see her interact with 90% of the cast. They at least involved her with Roy and Thea, so there's progress there.

Yeah, she's been pretty isolated after becoming a drug-addled drunk. I don't like the character, but maybe the lack of chemistry is in purpose because of her whole Tommy dying trauma? Not saying Katie Cassidy is capabale of giving such a layered performance like that or anything... haha, what. :confused:

teagone fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 10, 2014

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Krad posted:

Could we also get Whedon to guest direct while we're at it and betray Marvel in the process? You know he'd do it, too. :shobon:

gently caress this noise with a bag of bricks.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Namaste posted:

Someone (not me) beat you to it.

Then cut to Central City where Barry sees Zod's transmission too :flashfap:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

On the one hand, some people didn't like Man of Steel and the direction that Zack Snyder is taking that franchise. I am one of those people.

On the other hand, some people feel that the upcoming MoS sequel looks like a big, weirdly-managed mess at the moment with characters being shoved in willy-nilly and a full year's delay out of the blue. I am also one of those people.

I don't want Arrow to be influenced in any way whatsoever -- not even in the most peripheral sense -- by the people running the WB/DC films until we see them get their act together. So, you see, it's not Arrow's quality that I'm worried about. It's the quality of the other players in the arena.

Though, yes, like Amell mentioned, any considerations about that would be so far down the line that anything could change between now and then. Hopefully it does.
Basically this.

I'd like to think that connecting Arrow to the DC cinematic universe would not debilitate the show, but elevate the films. I try to be more of an optimist.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

madstrike posted:

He also just posted this on FB:

Something really good is coming on this ep, it seems.

Man of Steel tie in.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Deadpool posted:

Let's hope not!

Man, why can't you just see the possibilities!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The episode ended with a pretty good one two punch. I'm also beginning to wonder if Oliver was injected with Mirakuru at some point while on the island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Apparently Katie Cassidy is method as gently caress since it's been speculated that she dropped a significant amount of weight to look gaunt for Laurel's drug addict arc. Guess that explains her Dorito shaped face.

For reference. This was Katie last season:

And from this season:

• Locked thread