Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
How bout that out the window dive & into the office below scene? How badass was that?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I really can't stand Roy.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
No. Hate the idea of a side-kick in this world [and NO, I don't count 'Team Arrow' against Oliver]. I hate expanding more into Theas's love life. I hate the casting of a guy who looks so close to the lead actor that when he looks at Amel he almost just MELTS for The Hood. I hate going towards the hero worship direction so early.

Hate Roy.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I'm all for bringing Roy onto the team if he ends up dead later.

Go Heroin, go!

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Sober posted:

Felicity has clearly been doing squats, and I like that a lot.

All I need now is a scene where she's using the salmon ladder & my life is complete

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

omg chael crash posted:

Also, the chemical company was "Metamorpho Chemicals" or something equally as awesome.

loved that name drop

The lawyer 'Tony Daniel' reminded me that DC has a Batman/Superman artist named Tony Daniels.

The actress playing Sin was last seen in The Killing, season 3 [another BC, Canada production] & did a hell of a job in that previous role.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Didn't 'Canary' kill Dollmaker? On the first go round it looks like she did throw out a kill shot after Oliver's arrows pin the shoulders and she proclaim's "no" to the remark about going back to prison. I was sure that the Lances were going to see Dollmaker's corpse and derail the apology about the entire vigilante issue.

Dead Snoopy fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Oct 25, 2013

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
East Vancouver is perfect for The Glades

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Four+people+arrested+after+police+standoff+Vancouver+Knight+Street/9080240/story.html

even better - google East Vancouver and Hastings and go to the images...

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Comic book fans knew to expect the Batman parallels before the show started.

The pleasant surprise for the fans and NON comic book audience was many went into it expecting to see vivid echos of the Nolan Batman films but nobody who stuck with it expected it to overcome those impressions. It's a startling transition to go from, "oh look how they're going to rip Batman off, just like I KNEW they would" to "I don't give a poo poo that they're ripping off Batman movies, this is awesome."

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

The label on Stephen Amell's wine was actually designed by Jim Lee.

At least Jim Lee is distracted from re-designing iconic costumes.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Vancouver just lost Man of Steel 2, so ...no.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I just want Jennifer Carpenter to show up for a meta 'Debra Morgan/Anton Briggs' reunion

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Taffer posted:

She's not just annoying because she's going through ~rough times~, she's always been really annoying and consistently the worst recurring character. Her leaving would be good for the show.

Ollie could use someone to mourn for at the start of Season 3 & I nominate her.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I'd actually be cool w/ Slade being the Big Bad for the FINAL season years from now. Save the best for last.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Rocksicles posted:

drat it man, that's your backstory. The crux if you will. Strangers become friends, friends become BFF's, BFF's become frenemies, frenemies become nemeses. I could give a bollocks about Starling City.

All Island, all the time.

http://youtu.be/Ghw7_RGi9aI

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Solution: Roy & Laurel hook up and BOTH get their asses kicked.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Lazarus Pit & Ra's al Ghul have gone hand in hand since his original appearance so it's just natural to assume its existence. No, it doesn't mean the subject will be broached but the implication that a character was 'resurrected' pretty much means we have to salivate at the possibility of its existence until the explanation is handed to us.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
They've rushed Laurel's motivations and characterization so much this season I feel that if they made her Black Canary it would only be to get her killed. She'd be in the middle of one of her crisis & hesitate.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I would suggest what we are mistakenly confusing is that it's been a year since his initial return at the start of the series but he took a sabbatical post-glades for a shorter period of time, a few months at least [6 at most] following Tommy's funeral. It explains why his 'I went skiing/snowboarding' explanation doesn't really trigger more abandonment issues to Thea, who was riddled with them at the start of the series. If it was anything longer she'd still be giving him epic poo poo and it would be tiresome for the audience.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

PoshAlligator posted:

I just find it refreshing to watch a show where everyone isn't using Apple products constantly.

you'd :dong: for Hawaii 5-0 then

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Amell posted this on his Facebook page

http://youtu.be/RH_UHixHqkI

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I actually have nothing against the idea of pairing the two of them off because I'd like to see it push Laurel over the edge. :shepicide:

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
so they're watching the show for almost everyone but the lead?
crzy

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

teagone posted:

gently caress, why the hell isn't Liam McIntyre or Dustin Clare on this show yet?! I'm 100% all for Arrow being the Spartacus actor refugee haven.

Spartacus alumni are the hot new feeder pool for the CW, just like Deadwood has been for F/X shows for the past few years.

Best part of The Flash moving away from the Arrow show is we can cast off it's discussions in this thread soon and not worry about it throwing things out of wack for Arrow for very long.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Since the city at large has been claiming that Malcolm was 'dead' and not 'missing', I'm going w/ Lazarus Pit

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Blackchamber posted:

Maybe Ras isn't fond of his underlings using LoA resources to kill filthy poors in personal vendettas.

WHO'SE been using my Lazarath Pit?

BARROWMAN!!!:argh:

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I suspect they left some of the original plan in the show and teaser just to feed the frenzy. Word has it they wanted Flash to be able to stand alone, hence the re-edit.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Spergatory posted:

:siren:SPOILERS:siren:

The Hollywood Reporter did an interview with Colton Haynes about tonight's episode.

He doesn't come right out and say it, but based on that last paragraph (and the preview pics), I'm almost positive Roy is getting Mirakuru'd.

The amazing thing about this for comic book fans is that based on that article, I'm willing to bet that the entire side-kick concept is going to be iced in favor of putting Roy directly into the 'Arsenal' spot. Arsenal, in my opinion, is just another failed version of a side-kick's evolution in that DC never made him that compelling but by the time everything cleared before 'new 52' the only thing memorable about Arsenal was becoming a drug addict and a waste of potential. It's like tv DC is looking at movie Marvel's Winter Soldier adaptation and going, "we can show how this would go down in flames."

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Spergatory posted:

Well, that and the serum apparently predisposes you towards being a dick. Oliver is supposedly going to spend the rest of the season trying to keep Roy in the present from going down the same road as Slade in the past.

I earlier speculated that Roy could become Arsenal. Now he could be set of to be a variation of Ravager[non-son/daughter version] : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ravager_(comics)

Fits in a bit w/ the H.I.V.E stuff [for all you classic Teen Titans fans].

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Spergatory posted:

That entire sequence was completely gratuitous and I loved it. There was no reason to show any of that but god drat it, they had an opportunity to make Stephen Amell run down a building and they drat well took it.

That building in the background looks suspiciously like Roger's Arena, home of the Vancouver Canucks. I couldn't get that out of my head the entire time.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

They film in Vancouver, it probably is.

I know. It was just amusing because this clandestine meeting is feet away from where a crowd of people would be exiting after another loss is kind of amusing to myself.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I want Grodd. He's my favorite member of the Rogues even though he isn't technically one. Scudder version of Mirror Master would be the close second just because of the hosed up traps he makes.

If we get an extended saga with The Top, Golden Glider & Captain Freeze, my childhood is complete

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
There is a possibility that if Blood is around for more than a single season Oliver could take his fight to city hall. There is precedence in the comics.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

The Question IRL posted:

My opinion always was that season 2 would end with Ollie leaving the Island, and probably going to Russia for a bit to train. But at the speed the Island plot is going, I think if they don't slow it down, they'll be done with the island plot in about 4-5 episodes.

I still think that monestary/temple we spotted on the island's skyline during the start of the season could factor in.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Hollismason posted:

Ernie Hudson is loving amazing and them getting him on The Flash is a loving steal!!

DAMMIT I WANT ERNIE HUDSON ON ARROW!!

Countdown to the first Ghostbusters Easter egg on the Flash begins....now

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
The season 1 Thea stuff was tough on a week to week basis when we didn't know what was coming, mainly because the character wasn't consistent. One min she's super chill and the next min her insecurities and problems bubbled over so I don't think Thea is handled as well in the fist dozen episodes. They hosed up her arc. When you binge watch season 1 it's far easier to get a handle on what they were shooting to do with her even if it was mistimed or misfiring. The other thing is that she's so likable so when she goes into whinny self-pity mode its perplexing because one min she's giving everyone great advice and the next she's OH WOE IS ME the eye rolling starts. They fixed that in the second half of the season and it's been for the better.

The Huntress stuff is a low-point in the series but it's also a watermark as well. Its the moment when you really question how much credit and patience you want to give this show and the show drat near LISTENS to the audience's internalized dread. If you hadn't watched it in real time and been ignorant of how quick the episodes rolled out one could swear they stopped production for an extra 3 weeks and retooled scripts because everything goes up a notch and the show starts working harder to reward your loyalty, especially with 'The Odyssey' episode.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Warmachine posted:

Cutting it awful close for Worst Poster 2013, aren't you? :colbert:

Sarah dies
Dexter season 8 was an artistic triumph
Breaking Bad was overrated
Kurt Sutter is a goddamned GENIUS
Irish Joe is a prophet

[I just want to win something - sorry]

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

TheChad posted:

While I 100% agree on all those Laurel points the last one I felt that Ollie could have shot him non-lethally if he really wanted too, he just decided to kill him cause you don't gently caress with his friends.

(Yes I know Felicity made it seem like that wasn't the choice, but eh)

To paraphrase season 1, he spends his nights putting arrows in people so when it comes to acceptable, he grades on a curve.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Amell has been announced for the Vancouver Fan Expo - sorta the Vancouver Comic Con. Very cool & can't wait to see him there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I hope Roy's hero name is Ambacrombie.
Seriously. Roy's arc is gonna suck so hard for him this year. We may as well make #ripAMBACROMBIE collages for him in advance of season 3

• Locked thread