Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

He's got to be back because he was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

BreakAtmo posted:

One thing - where did Sarah say she knew Slade? I must've missed that.

She didn't, I don't think. Just easy to assume it's Island related, though.

e: unless its early and im misreading, but she did ask him, just before Lance stopped to ask Oliver for help

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Aphrodite posted:

Speaking of which, was the cop who pulled her over the same one helping Brother Blood at the end?

Yeah it was

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

DeclaredYuppie posted:

"Honey what was it you said you had?"

*stares intensely at a Bing loading screen*

"Oh Shi-" *arrow screech music plays out*

Arrow is actually about the only vector for Windows product placement that doesn't instantly make me hate the product, which is funny considering how obvious they make it.

I made a dumb thing. Glad I wasn't alone though!

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

How is this show so good?

How?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Torrannor posted:

Will the Bronze Tiger be back? It seems like a waste if they don't reuse that awesome character. And on the same topic, China White has not been seen for a while either. I wonder where she will pop up next.

It would be a massive waste of Michael Jai White if they didn't reuse him.

Bronze Tiger is just on Kung Fu Island right now, is all.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Pillowpants posted:

Let's say that DC is planning on linking the movies with this show.

I can buy Arnell on screen with Affleck and cavil, but the kid who plays flash?

It's entirely possible that the kid who plays Flash could settle into that character very well.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Krad posted:

I can see him as Barry in his early years, but next to the other guys for the Justice League? He might as well be Kid Flash.

I feel like that can be massaged some as far as ages. But I don't know a whole whole lot about Justice League.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

hi liter posted:

Spoiler clip from tomorrows episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R__C0BJHRc

I'm pumped

God drat.

Tomorrow cannot come fast enough.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Holy poo poo.

Holy poo poo.

Man this season is just firing on all cylinders. How can they top this episode? How can they even top this season? :ohdear:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Drifter posted:

Another good show is The Americans. It's got some asskicking but is really about the family life of 2 sleeper agents from Russia who are spying in America. :black101:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2149175/
It's better than you'd think.

Spartacus is rightfully getting a lot of praise in this thread because it is indeed awesome, but I just want to second some praise for The Americans. I actually didn't intend to give it a shot because with how much FX had been promoting it I figure it might be terrible, but I completely wrong and it's actually really good. The wigs are pretty good too.

dreffen fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 1, 2014

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

nutranurse posted:

There's no way this actually happened, right? Right??

Also, I was under the impression that Diggle was training with Ollie so that he could become the real Black Arrow or something.

Yeah like others said I screen capped it before the E for H.I.V.E. I'm so proud of my only gif. Diggle just wants to be safe :ohdear:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Bad Moon posted:

I like to imagine that SWAT Captain Renegade is actually Cliff from http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118301/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_131 after getting into a career in law enforcement.

I'm glad that someone else saw the SWAT Captain and thought he looked like Cliff. I was so drat sure it was.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

ayb posted:

can someone link this

I edited it, but you get the gist from the edit

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Quite the jump there!

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

It's so drat weird that the creators of Arrow were involved with Green Lantern.

Because that movie was not good.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

zoux posted:

Wth man.

Wowowow.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

:lol:

This has given a blow to Arrow's publicity team for me.

Why would it? Like, assuming it's real (and looking at the bottom of Manganiello's portion of the pic, it may not be) that poster would've came long after Arrows did.

edit: ^ There we go, not real.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

ayb posted:

If sure he gets to watch it but if the rest of us do its horse poo poo

Circumstances are a bit different between him watching and some random rear end person who decided to get it through :filez:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Deadpool posted:

This isn't a comic book show thread. It's an Arrow thread. And Arrow was in the Flash pilot. Therefore it was relevant. Let me know if Ollie shows up in Constantine then it'll be relevant.

This would honestly give me enough reason to watch Constantine.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Am I a bad person for thinking the Constantine movie is good?

"Best pilot of the year" is some faint high praise I think. When does it officially air, anyway?

e: maybe i shoudnt contribute to the constantine derail

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Hollismason posted:

And I immediately regret my decision to watch the Flash pilot . It was so drat great, some rough spots, Amell was great, and some you know pilotyness, but holy crap. Unless you want to be incredibly blue balled don't watch it, it's really good but oh poo poo blue balls

I think it's easy to get blue balled from the Flash pilot because it's pretty drat good. It feels a lot less pilot-y, than say, Constantine which I was forced to watch earlier tonight.

Like the tone they seem to be going for seems like it'll work well.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Warmachine posted:

Also, I'm sure someone else knows, but can someone name a TV or Movie where the main character thought it was the coolest thing ever to suddenly have superpowers? Barry had a whole 4 seconds of worry before he figured it out and decided to go have some fun.

The Amazing Spider Man had a pretty quick turn around on it, with Peter screwing with Flash not too long after discovering his powers.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

:getin:

That is some exciting news.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

bango skank posted:

I had to look up who this Stormare guy was, why cant you jerks just say Abruzzi!?

Or Lucifer.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Some Numbers posted:

They haven't cast Mark Pellegrino on Arrow yet.

I hope they do at some point.

Oh man I'd be so psyched if they cast Mark Pellegrino for something in this show.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

That should be really interesting!

I think the only casting (and superhero) choice that I'm not super stoked about is Devon Aoki, but hopefully that turns out well too.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Thwomp posted:

I wonder if Amell will replace his salmon ladder with the whole American Ninja Warrior course now that that 100-lb gymnast just destroyed the course last week.

Funny you say that.

"some article about that gymnast posted:

One A-lister from whom Catanzaro would like to hear: Arrow star Stephen Amell, a self-proclaimed Ninja Warrior superfan, who has hit the gym with Catanzaro’s boyfriend and trainer Brent Steffensen (himself a four-time ANW competitor). Watching a video of Amell’s Ninja-esque “Superhero Workout,” Catanzaro noted that “his form is just tip-top. Maybe he could teach me some things. I wouldn’t hate that.”

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

This show would be a million times more awesome if Liam McIntyre and Dustin Clare were cast but in the US it's legally prohibited from having that much awesome on one show. On the flip side the only way Spartacus could have been more amazing would be with the addition of Amell. #BringerOfWayne :colbert:

In an alternate universe McIntyre lost to Amell for Spartacus instead of the opposite.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

zoux posted:

TV Guide has a blurb about where the season is starting off, and unlike the guy above me, this one has some actual spoilers.

Arrow can't come back soon enough holy poo poo.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

pentyne posted:

Nable's biggest role was a character in Riddick. Has anyone seen the movie? Nable has done some AUS TV shows but almost nothing else big.

He wasn't too bad in Riddick.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

VDay posted:

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Just need to bring in Gannicus and Peter Mensah somehow.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Babe Magnet posted:

I like my gifs how I like my dreams, big, fuzzy, and about Manu Bennett

Holy poo poo.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

I just want to say again how glad I am that Arrow is not as bad as Smallville.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

The Lord Bude posted:

That sounds awfully like you're saying that Arrow is a bad show, but not as bad as Smallville.

Arrow is an excellent show and not bad like Smallville. Reading it again, yeah it doesn't read very well. :saddowns:

Smallville I remember being okay in the first few seasons but the quality really dropped off quickly.

• Locked thread