Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I' really confused as to how to play with other goons. I only see the option "Join Crew Members," which doesn't work, and if I go to Crews where it lists everyone online in the crew, clicking "join session" or "invite" both say Disabled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Still can't find an answer to this, help :(

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

I' really confused as to how to play with other goons. I only see the option "Join Crew Members," which doesn't work, and if I go to Crews where it lists everyone online in the crew, clicking "join session" or "invite" both say Disabled.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I tried to play for the first time today that it actually worked connecting me with goons. Everyone is like level 60+. I'm level 3. I am a failure :negative:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Skater h8er posted:

If your on the 360 i'll give you 300 grand to mess around with
I am

Party Plane Jones posted:

That'll take forever since 5k is the transfer limit.

Goddamnit :negative:

It's all good, I'll just do the same race 10,000 times or something. :smithicide:

At least R* will give me fake money soon!

E: you jerks with your level 60s and me waiting till this week to play to "wait out the issues"

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Lunethex posted:

Has anyone tried getting a private jet like the Luxor and having it filled with 10 players? Can you see inside and just chat while someone flies? That sounds like it'd be really loving cool. Then you all bail out over the military base and kill like 50,000 marines and steal their tanks.

Are you on PS3?

Xbox

UnknownMercenary posted:

What's up fellow low level buddy?

I'm not finding this game compelling at all when everything's races or deathmatch and having to grind to unlock interesting poo poo for myself.

:smithicide: :respek: :smithicide:

I loving HATE deathmatch. Plus I have no idea how to do anything or what to do, like I'm sure there's easy stuff to get level ups in that aren't races, and I'm reading the internet to figure it out (but internet says nothing for whatever reason), so it all just makes me feel like a loser. The gooniest of goons. Need some cheetos

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
So what exactly is bad sport hell, how bad do you have to be to go into it, and how do you get out? Just for future reference :ohdear:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

If you blow up people's cars, leave missions in progress, or TK on missions you get bad sport points. You need to wait it out basically and I think it lasts 2 days.

FYI shooting out someone's tires and murdering them is A-OK.

What's TK on missions mean?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Reo posted:

I think I need to stop playing with the emblem editor.

Holy gently caress.

To the goon that I got put into an empty server with. It was just me and you. You: very high level. Me: level ~ 12. You: singing "la la la la la I'm singing in the shower!" and talking to your dog. Or roommate. Or roommate dog. You're lucky I wasn't a higher level. I really wish I could have bombed you. You dick.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

OptimusMatrix posted:

Hahaha I'm pretty sure that was me. Sorry

Yeah it was definitely you, now I remember the name. How was your shower?

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo Quoting MYSELF posted:

To the goon that I got put into an empty server with. It was just me and you. You: very high level. Me: level ~ 12. You: singing "la la la la la I'm singing in the shower!" and talking to your dog. Or roommate. Or roommate dog. You're lucky I wasn't a higher level. I really wish I could have bombed you. You dick.

E: Oh yeah forgot to mention but you had like a $9000 bounty on you.

I need missles. Goons :arghfist::byodame:

E2: OH JESUS CHRIST I JUST SAW YOUR RED TEXT PLEASE DO NOT HURT YOUR DOG

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 13, 2013

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

drat near everyone uses aim assist.

Mine auto selected aim-assist before I began and even realized it, and I'm not changing it. Max kills every time :colbert:

E: Oh god dammnit I was doing a Top Fun 2 and UPON TAKEOFF some pubbie noob CRASHED INTO ME. AND THEN HE CRASHED INTO A BUILDING.

GODDAMNIT I love that mission and always OWN it you loving MORONS.

E2: I agreed to a replay for some reason, got put into the runners, and a guy ON MY OWN TEAM shot me. Oh jesus loving christ.

Need goons desperately

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 16, 2013

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Lunethex posted:

This thread's own extreme gamer :allears:

Hey I may be level lame rear end in GTA Online but I have 20K gamer points! This gives me legitimacy, you see

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Just a warning, I was in online and just in free roam, but turned off my xbox by holding down the center button and using "shut down console." Then when I came back later it said "you quit out of a job you are a bad sport!" Luckily didn't get put into hell, but just FYI even if youre in free roam you can get bad sport points...

Also, do these bad sport points go away? Any way to track them? Balance them out by doing good things; and if so, what are they?

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Oct 16, 2013

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I spent entirely too much money pimping this car out and now I don't have an enough for the fancy apartment with a 10 car garage, and I'm really paranoid that I'm going to lose it based on what you guys said :ohdear:

Yes it has a tracker but it's the one from LSC :ohdear:

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 17, 2013

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
So I picked up a hooker as a female character in online, and some dude drove by while I was getting service and honked in support, so I was wondering if any goons can take a snapshot of me. For the memories.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
The loving cops impounded my car!!!! loving pigs.

E: got it back. No one steals my pink low rider.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 17, 2013

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Agoat posted:

Go around to the back and hop in. The gate directly in front of your car will open.

Yeah, I didn't shoot the cops either, just ran past them, because I didn't want more than 2 stars. Was pretty easy.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Johnnyonoes posted:

I verified my original concept last night. I started a new character and got him up to level 27, where he was then offered Base Invaders. I then made sure that I never accepted other mission offers from Ron. What threw me off was that even though I received and completed the mission, when I tried to call Ron again I wasn't able to because of the "Wait till Ron has a mission for you" lock.

Right when I hit level 30 though, I got a pop up mission saying "Call Ron for missions" and when I called I was able to get Base Invaders again. So it seems like even though the mission requirement is 27, I am guessing that 30 is when you can call for it? I know it doesn't make any sense, but that is what I was able to get from my observations.

But with all that said, I only get Base Invaders from Ron now. Basically 25k every 8 minutes (Timed it from load to load) : )

My next test will be to see if these missions get added to your pool if you accept a mission from another player. I won't be able to verify until around level 45 though, but stay tuned. I really wish I knew this info before I hit 85 on my first character, who constantly receives crappy missions from his contacts.

How do you level a character up so fast :stare:

It's taken me a week to get to 23.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

El Hefe posted:

This criminal records race is insane, just went up from 38 to 46 level in about 40 minutes with NattyBo.

Anyone want to do this with me on xbox :allears:

Also, I keep getting the message "You have been kicked from this job" after joining a public mission. I think it's because my character is a sexy lady with a red mini skirt so they think I am a FEMALE and thus have no ability at video games. I'm always the same level as everyone else in the session.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Goddamnit I am so loving sick of morons who start the race and IMMEDIATELY RAM INTO YOU / PIT you. Both of us flip the gently caress over! It helps NO ONE except the guy in front who didnt get hit and gets 1/2 a track ahead. Goddamnit what the gently caress is your loving problem!

E: I'm also really pissed about how people magically catch up to you in the same loving car. Like one race I was 4 check points in front of this guy, in second place, both in the same stock car, and then at the last check point he blows past me and I get in third. Like how is that even POSSIBLE??? No he didn't have a custom car.

:suicide:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Dragonatrix posted:

You/whoever was hosting had Catch Up turned on.

Catch Up was off :negative:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Kelly posted:

I let everyone get out on front of me in races. Then after the initial first few seconds when everyone runs one another off the road I'm always in first or second.

Now, holding on to that lead is another story.

I really want to murder catch up in the worst possible way.

On the other hand, I am very mature.

VV I love getting 100RP for those races. Really makes you feel good :allears:

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Oct 18, 2013

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Knightmare posted:

Slipstreaming most likely.

What's slipstreaming?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Feenix posted:

Other than rubbin, it's the only other thing you should know about racing.

Drafting. Reduced wind drag when behind another car. Can help you close the gap and slingshot past.

When do buzzards spawn?

What's a rubbin.

Unless that's a joke, I am not so smart.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Need some beers with that :clint:

Reb posted:

I've had the same problem, where catch up was on, but I couldn't catch up. Or catch up was off, custom cars were off, and some guy managed to gain on me (no, not using slipstreaming, he was much further away) using the same car, while I was not slowing down on a straight road. I could understand slipstreaming eventually, but I don't think that works if he's like 10 seconds behind me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with that problem, then.

Need some guns with that :clint:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
How exactly do you hook up a car to the cargobob? I tried multiple times and failed miserably :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Welp, I accidentally made my transferred character look like a hideous box so I had to start a whole new character who is not an uggo. My only regret is that I can't get a pink car yet :( I liked pissing people off with my giant pink Manana convertible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

hiddenriverninja posted:

If you're in LLJK our crew color is pink. I dunno how much it costs though. 25k?

Requires level 10

Also it's just the emblem iirc

• Locked thread