Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
You can go ahead and close my thread. This one's better. :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Obsurveyor posted:

You can close it yourself, you know.

I'm using the Awful app.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
Online working now?

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Junkenstein posted:

I haven't played enough to have a full opinion yet, but it definitely feels like it's balanced towards making people buy money. As it stands at the moment, it just doesn't seem like it's fun enough to make me spend the amount of time it's going to take to make enough money to buy decent weapons, cars and houses.

Think of how Call of Duty works. They have a prestige system that keeps players on for a VERY long time. If someone sets a goal to buy a nice car, or house, or gun, they need to do something to earn it and set a goal. Rockstar doesn't want us to make quick money, because then we would get bored.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Obsurveyor posted:

You can buy $1.25 million in a week or two from Rockstar. The game is absolutely set up to drain money so you get desparate enough to buy it instead.

What are the prices and deals?

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Tokubetsu posted:

Where do you buy bike helmets?

I think your guy just puts one on after a certain amount of time on a bike.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Wow... That's disappointing. I mean, I'm not against purchasing GTA$ with real money, but that is WAY too cheap for the amount of money offered, considering missions don't give you much at all.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

dvorak posted:

Spent 150k on a cool apartment, and the game promptly forgot about it within 15 minutes.

What do you mean the game forgot about it?

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

MrLonghair posted:

Ownership wasn't saved to the character data cloud, but money was withdrawn from whatever different server it is that keeps tabs on money.

I'd be pissed man.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Athanatos posted:

I had the same thing. Bought apartment, used the garage a bit, watched some tv, took a shower. Left and did a job. When I loaded back into free roam it was un-bought and my money was gone too.

Sounds like an issue with the automatic saving. It doesn't sound so automatic...

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

MrLonghair posted:

I've spent like a third of that cash and I'm throwing-up-hands pissed.

What all did you do to earn it? I've done a bunch of races so far and I have about $24,000.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

robotsinmyhead posted:

Is there any talk yet about forums-wide manipulation of the stock market? It seems that the individual stocks move pretty slowly overall, but imagine if the full weight of the GTAO SA thread threw themselves behind one goal and artificially inflated a stock or 2.

Is this viable? I wanna make some money.

Sounds like a pretty badass idea. What could we do to manipulate them?

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Combat Pretzel posted:

You nuts? Twenty dollars for a high-end car?

Considering it takes forever to get that amount of money, yes.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Zip! posted:

The other question I have to ask is why are people taking the risk of dropping huge amounts of cash on properties and cars at the moment when there are known issues going around with the game saving your progress? I know it shouldn't be that way but as things stand you should just hold on to your money and only buy guns and ammo until things stablise.

They get excited. :shepface:

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Tokubetsu posted:

Kinda silly that in passive mode, players can't hurt me but if im in a car, they can? Wtf.

I thought it was the other way around. :shepicide:

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

the boston bomber posted:

So by the looks of it the new patch didn't fix the character, money, cars, etc. not saving issue?

It's been released already?

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

TjyvTompa posted:

Yes, kinda. You can still die if your are close to an explosion, lets say if the car you are sitting in explodes. You can also be ran over while in passive mode and die from fall damage. The only thing you cant be is targeted and hurt by direct gunfire.

Why is passive mode even a feature then? Does it take away abilities to do things?

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
We could probably use another thread for online errors! :shepface:

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
There's no way to change the height? drat.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
I thoroughly enjoy racing online with people. I always win. :frogsiren:

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Icedude posted:

Police helis respawn way too fast. I stole my second jet, flew around until I lost my wanted level, and then went about terrorizing pubbies. Got maybe 5 or 6 kills over the next 10 minutes, then got bored and decided to help people, so I fly around looking for people running from the cops, and lo and behold a pair of russians running from a 3 star wanted level. I of course do the neighborly thing and blow the police chopper that was following them out of the sky, but by the time I've come around for another pass there's already another one on their tail. Repeat that 3 more times until I get knocked out of the sky by falling heli debris. :smith:

The cheering over the mic on the first successful pass was nice though :unsmith:

This sounds like so much fun! How did you know they had a 3 star wanted level? And where did you get the jet?

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
Online is working flawlessly now. gently caress yes.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
Some dude was trying to kill me, so I killed him and blew his personal car up. Then I got a notification saying I was being a poor sport and I was threatened to only be able to play with poor sports...

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
'Sup my goons. Anyone wanna stroll around free mode and kill people?

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
They need to release the cash cards..

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
When are the money cards going to be available? Anyone know?

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
When do the money cards come out? Has Rockstar said anything about them?

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Baron FU posted:

Nobody knows. And you already asked once on this page.

Perhaps there's a reason I asked again, bud.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Soggy Muffin posted:

I must be an idiot, I can't figure out how to do the quick action without having to go into select mode. Surely that isn't the quickest way?

That's the only way.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
I'm addicted to team deathmatch. Infinitely better than COD.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Griffon posted:

So, what's the current best grind to get money below level 10?

Just do missions man.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
Something's wrong with my connection. Everyone in any lobby I join leaves. :(

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Anyone else notice they got rid of the lovely Snapmatic filter when you take pictures? Really glad they did.

Hell yeah man. It made the pictures too dark.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
That method seems far too boring to me. I'd rather enjoy my time playing free mode or missions.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
They need to release those freakin' cash cards!

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
What is there to do online besides robbing little stores and doing missions?

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Orv posted:

Greatly anger the less fortunate of intelligence. Over and over again.

Provide methods, my friend. Methods.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Pivit posted:

I mostly just sell a car once an hour, and use my phone to quick play races.

I copped a nice Porsche, tried to sell it by taking it to the Los Santos Customs. Said it was too hot to customize.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
I think that bad sport for blowing up other people's cars is stupid. What else are sticky bombs for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Athanatos posted:

You have to blow up a LOT of cars to get to that point.

Sticky bombs are for leaving a Buzzard sitting downtown with one on it and waiting for someone to think it's a gift from the heavens only to blow it up when they are 5 feet off the ground.

This is genius. I used to camp on top of the hangar in GTA IV online with an RPG, and I would wait until someone got into the helicopter that spawns right in front of my just to fire the launcher right when he starts to take off. Hilarity ensued.

• Locked thread