Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

slowbeef posted:

A couple people were genuinely trying to be helpful, but it ends up like "The area boss (or should I say bosses!) of Anor Londo are the toughest fight in the game." And then, someone else would be like "Ornstein and Smough are the toughest boss fight" and then it's like, "Okay, well, I guess I'm fighting them next." Part of the reason I decided to just finish the game ahead of time is for that. (I beat it last night.)

Did you do the DLC? If not, you really should since the whole thing is absolutely fantastic. Actually getting there is is really obtuse though and basically needs a guide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It's really not a big deal either way. While Firelink shrine is a useful bonfire, you don't absolutely need it at that point in the game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Attestant posted:

Dark Souls 2 has the new game stat, Adaptability, that increases things like how fast you drink Estus or how well you roll.

The amount of times I've seen people call it a useless stat because those things are a crutch makes my head hurt. :psyduck:

Well, if you just played perfectly you wouldn't need the extra invincibility frames. :smug:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Attestant posted:

It's still a drat dumb and slippery argument to make.

Health is a crutch if you play perfectly!

Stamina is a crutch if you manage it perfectly!

Str and Dex are crutches, because better weapons and damage are useless if you play perfectly!

Basically if you're not SL1 you might as well not play because you're not good enough for this perfect game series. :smaug:

If your first playthrough wasn't a no deaths & no bonfires run you are a scrub.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Please don't argue with Genocyber, he already makes the Dark Souls thread unreadable at times.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Playing Dark Souls solo can be hard sometimes but using summons liberally makes it really easy. If you are bad at Dark souls/games in general, summoning makes it much more manageable. Especially Dark Souls 2 since the summoning system is vastly improved and you can play almost the whole game with someone at your side (or scout new areas/bosses by being summoned yourself).

The Co-Op system in DS2 is really fun and you should try it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If YouTube tried to restrict adblock usage somebody would make a workaround in approximately 5 minutes.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

judge reinhold posted:

What is/was the deal with that site? Did people get paid to be on "Channel Awesome"? I read a lot of the stuff that Lupa and Phelous posted, but I cannot figure out what the point of it was since they apparently did not get paid yet were told how to run their shows. Was the payment the satisfaction in appearing in the god awful movies the nostalgia man wrote?

The benefit was mostly the exposure they got. Most of them were relatively unknown before appearing on the site.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Can you even do TV/Movie reviews like that on youtube without losing all the ad revenue to copyright claims?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The subscription thing isn't forced so I don't really see a problem

Andrast fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Apr 12, 2015

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Capt. J. Linebeck posted:

This is the part where I mention that I unironically like both Dreams of Absolution and His World. Also slowbeef, you should at least tackle Sonic's Very Hard mode DLC. I know you'll have a blast

There's DLC?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Fridurmus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDAAwX2pKXY

I found out about LP, and SA in general, by coming across this on one of those sites that cycles through videos and images as you refresh it. From there I guess it was Pokecapn's Sonic 06 LP, in terms of actual full Let's Plays.

For the record both of these things still hold up.

Still the best video to come out of this subforum.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Genocyber posted:

Reddit is bad because the upvoting thing is just an awful system, regardless of what the userbase is like.

It makes having an actual discussion there almost impossible.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cheez posted:

Keep projecting, i'll keep not giving a poo poo.

You don't give a poo poo so much that you needed to post about not giving a poo poo.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Carbon dioxide posted:

Welp, our favorite rape screamer PDP is the first person ever to get 10 billion youtube views.

You do know he stopped doing that after people complained about it, right?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I just don't really understand vilifying someone who is obviously privileged/sheltered and didn't understand how bad rape jokes were. After it was pointed out to him he stopped doing it. Like what more do you want?

Andrast fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Sep 7, 2015

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yardbomb posted:

I really doubt he didn't understand, probably more that he just didn't care until a lot more people got on his case about it.

Screaming rape/whatever is unfortunately fairly acceptable in many social circles, especially among young people who play video games. I doubt those people realize how offensive it is.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 7, 2015

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Darksydephil

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Suspicious Dish posted:

i played sonic adventure a year ago and those sections suck. the hints are loving meaningless and the radar is consistently wrong and misleading about where the emeralds are

also the knux controls are bad

Also the game is bad

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That's why you use uBlock.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jamesman posted:

Why are all the popular YouTubers bad at video games?

Being bad at video games is more marketable than being good at them.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nidoking posted:

If by "better" you mean "I, personally, am not trying to make money from Youtube and have total disdain for anyone who is, therefore a solution that ends with no one making money is superior to the one that lets these people profit from their work."

All the work Konami put into the 30 seconds of metal gear footage

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If something in your computer overheats because of a game, the problem is with your computer and not the game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

:yikes:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

HGH posted:

I think the pope needs to identify with the protagonist of the game's he's playing.
Are then any videogames where you play as a pope?

Crusader Kings 2

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

What's wrong with the term rat race?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

BMS posted:

People take everything on the internet so goddamn serious within the last few years, saying anything off color will have people down your throat. Even on SA, cracking any kind of off color joke will get yourself dogpiled, when SA used to be one of the better sites at mocking people doing the same thing SA does now.

It's all just a cluster gently caress and people need to take that vaulting pole out of their asses and lighten up some.

I also think "Death to all jews" is just an off color joke and hate how we can't just yell how people are faggots anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

whowhatwhere posted:

The moderate right has no idea what it wants because there's no coherent "moderate right" position.

The moderate right is the democrats and they have a very coherent "we love capitalism" -position

• Locked thread