Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Here's this forum's thread about Corruption. Seems the OP recently ended it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Thread in Games about Twitchplayspokemon.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

heytallman posted:

Mostly, I think the game is the most important factor as far as if informative-style will work. Metroid...doesn't really lend itself to informative LP.

5/5 would watch again.

Anyway, I think you can have an informative Metroid LP, but you'd have to show off sequence breaks and the like and have other stuff to talk about during backtracking parts and the like.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Frankly, I can't see PDP doing much of anything that's not what he's doing right now. Even if he's capable of more, he's tainted my opinion of him so much that he's permanently branded in my mind as "screaming European rape joke guy." Yes, even though he stopped the rape jokes.

Don't call him European. :( Call him Swedish if you must. Just don't put him in the same category as me.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Momplestiltskin, who is doing an FTL LP right here in the forum seems to know what he's doing.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Hm. The commentary was really interesting. I didn't really recognise what game you were playing in this vid, but that's okay. However, the microphone work was a bit disappointing. You folks should know by now that you ought to talk into the microphone at all times. Voting 3 out of 5 for this LP.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

This seems like a good place to repost that message.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Suspicious Dish posted:

I still need to beat La-Mulana. The remake one. The problem is that I get stuck on some dumb puzzle looking for a solution, and there's no good guide that hints to where I should go and what I should pay attention to next instead of just giving me the solution. Does DeceasedCrab's LP do that?

There's currently an LP of the La Mulana remake going on. The nice thing about this LP is that Agent355 explains where to find clues to each and every puzzle. Most players stumble upon solutions without ever getting the clues. Agent355 shows the clues are still there. However, the clues and the solutions follow each other quite fast in the videos, so it's not that useful as a hint system.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Boxturret posted:

How about them let's plays eh:letsplay:

Since when is that smiley a thing? :monocle:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Trash Ops posted:

Something that isn't funny can't be funnier than something that is funny.

Exactly.

Do I need to type it out? pdp ain't funny.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Well, let them stay on their Facebooks and Twitters and Youtubes then. I'll post on forums, tyvm.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Why would you ever want to make youtube comments?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I'm glad for you. Youtube is starting to get real predictable on this, though.

I'd like to hear what this Actual Person™ has to say.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

I'm not sure if it counts but as I recall, Tobuscus refers to his fans as "audience".

Well, that makes sense, right? The first thing you're taught in school about publishing anything at all, is that you need to cater to your intended audience. This person just uses the term in a literal way.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Nowadays he's doing it to collect money for some charity.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I liked the part where a furry NPC jumped on top of the table and they were forced to interact with it.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Testekill posted:

Wait, so if a content creator refuses then their videos can't be found by searching? That's.... rather heavy handed.

rip Youtube.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Pewdiepie is starring in his own game

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Leaving this here.

Big Scary Owl posted:

I posted about a survey that someone made on Reddit about the let's play subculture some time ago (in the old Sandcastle, if I recall), and the person has posted the results and their study on the data.

I just stumbled upon it now and haven't had a chance to look at it, but this might be interesting so I decided to share here.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I wonder what I'll find into Psychedelic Eyeball's next LP.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Welp, our favorite rape screamer PDP is the first person ever to get 10 billion youtube views.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I sent the folks over at torrentfreak (a copyright/filesharing news blog) a mail about this court case.

They replied saying "there's still some gaping holes in the decision, but we'll keep an eye on it and might write an article on it when the case reaches its conclusion."

Not sure what to take from that. We'll see.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

The grinning crowd is a nice touch, but I think it needs more middle fingers.

Those people are looking so happy to not be exposed to PDP.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Youtube Red: please don't confuse us with Redtube. (NSFW, don't google that)

Just wait for Redtube to start a new service called Redtube You.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Not completely sure what I just watched, but I think it belongs here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIES3ii-IOg

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I am not interested in watching PDP on Redtube tyvm.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Scaramouche posted:

Hah, I just wrote a >1500 word email to him detailing the history of let's play and how it relates to what he wants to do. Some of my favourite excerpts:

Slowbeef probably started the phenomenon but he doesn't want to take blame for it

Even though millions of gameplay videos have been published since then in a lot of ways I see how Research Indicates did things as a platonic ideal of what a Let's Play video should be

DarkSydePhil is probably, medically, retarded

Illbleed is an incredibly obtuse and nutso japanese horror game that's impossible to describe properly

I hope he actually manages to bring a few of the things you explained to the Youtube LP table. There's so many youtube LP viewers that think that lovely facecam LPs are the only way to do LPs that it's nice whenever some reality leaves this subforum makes it to Youtube.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

What I want to know is why his shirt has a random horizontal zipper.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

He has. Even made a vid about how he changed and how he feels bad about the stuff he has done. And slowbeef said that PDP personally thanked him because he learned a lot when they made fun of him in a retsupurae vid. He's still pewdiepie and still too annoying for me to watch, but there's been a huge improvement.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Pewdiepie in Anti-Semitic storm after paying men to unveil sign stating ‘death to all Jews’ hits YouTube

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/PyWafHW.gifv

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Slowbeef wrote a guest article for Polygon that is not just about Death To All Pewds Gate but about what it takes and what it means to be successful on youtube nowdays. You should read it, it's good and provides some perspective that I think a lot of people probably could use.

The funny thing is, if you're like most SA LPers, here to make some fun videos with friends and upload them, not to make big youtube bucks or be the most famous youtube superstar, none of this article applies. Who cares what kind of weird subscriber settings they have if you make LPs for fun. Especially if SA is your main base of operations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Okay this is unique enough that I feel I should post this.

Zelda Williams is playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild for charity.

BotW spoilers behind this link https://www.twitch.tv/lvlupdojo

• Locked thread