Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I added a new fake account to the list as well. I will work on adding everyone on the list throughout the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

A new PvE event just started. The top rewards are 3* Punishers. The grey ability is kinda cool, it looks like it creates a repeating countdown tile that adds red damage tiles every two turns. If the top skill level adds multiple tiles, I could see it being fun to use.

I am holding off a bit from joking the event to avoid the initial rush of top players. It looks like the devs have learned from their past events, as the top non-leaderboard awards are at 30,000 points. The good news is the event lasts over 9 days.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I think the latest patch may have fixed PvE a little. I just randomly checked, and all the PvE levels are actually reasonable now. Level 40s for the 2nd and 3rd battle, scaling up like you used to expect to 120 for the top battle. I wonder if they just undid the auto scaling, or made it to a level that actually made sense.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I looked in the OP, and all of the alliances there are full up. Is there a way for me to get in one and buy a spot? If they are 2000 HP, I have just enough to buy a spot.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

trucutru posted:

I have enough HP to buy a spot in my current alliance. G.O.O.N. It doesn't seem to be very active but, if you wish, I can buy the spot for you and then you buy one for the next guy who wants to join. (it should cost you 700 HP)

What's your username in-game?

My username is the same as here: Orvin

Not that active is fine. My playing comes in waves. I lost interest for a bit when the PvE scaling was way out of whack, but now that it seems under control, I have been playing more.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Babyface Mingo posted:

Is it normal, starting out, that I just can't do PVP at all? I have a lvl 9 black widow, 6 ironman, 6 ares (and a couple others but those are my mains) and I'm being matched up against people who have level 20 iron man, loki at level fuckifiremember and storm at like 25.

You need to do the prologue PvE missions for awhile before attempting PvP. They should give you multiple covers for the characters you have, and enough ISO to level them up. There are dozens of the prologue mission, and you can repeat them as needed to eventually get all the rewards.

Also, I put in the join request.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

trucutru posted:

Ok, you're in. I also promoted you to leader so that you can buy a new spot for a new guy. I guess we;ll have to wait until someone else who is interested posts in here.

I bought one right now, but I am willing to buy another one if needed at a later date. I bought one now just incase I fall behind on checking the thread.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Have they reverted any of the Spiderman changes? Right after the nerf (or are we still going with funbalance), 5 purple covers, no web tiles and level 120 or something, and I was getting 19 reduction shield tiles. This evening I was playing, and getting 92 reduction shield tiles with no web tiles on the board.

I also found out that a 5 cover, 3star magneto is a monster in the heavy metal event with a high level iron man. Just keep making 5 set matches with his blue power and watch everything just implode. The game seemed to be very generous with the blue tiles, which is normally annoying against all the black widows.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Syrinxx posted:

Yep on Friday they fixed the tiles a bit. The 3-web ones are slightly nerfed but the ones with fewer web tiles got a big boost:

- Corrected an issue preventing Spider-Sense from scaling properly for character levels over 85.
Max level ability stats are:
Old stats - 20/54/115/210 Protect tiles depending on Web tiles on board.
New stats - 104/133/163/193 Protect tiles depending on Web tiles on board.

Thanks for the info. The high value protect tiles will keep Spider-Man in my active party. Having 100-200 reduction from early on is very helpful in keeping everyone alive and rolling.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I don't exactly like the implementation of it, but something had to change with healing. With every PvP event, it was nothing but level 85 OBWs. Very rarely would you see a team without it. Something is wrong if no matter who the forced event character is, you need to have a healer in your party to stay competitive.

I get that the current implementation only rewards whales who will buy first aid consumables endlessly, and because of that they will hopefully reduce the ISO cost of leveling up heroes. I could see the game being a bit more interesting if I had enough leveled up heroes to seriously consider rotating through them if I wanted to play for more than 15 minutes at a time. Even though I have something like 6 three star characters either maxed or 1-2 covers from max, I only have 3 that are actually over 100. I have some good two star characters that I could sub in, but most of them are low level as well.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I wonder if they will eventually limit how many times you can send people team-up characters. I can totally see some of the spergy whale guilds require members to have some purple only OBW, or other low characters where level doesn't matter much, just the number in a skill. Low turn around, and fairly common to pull from tokens means you can fill up on really good team ups.

Granted, it might not be worth the effort, but I can totally see a way for it to be abused.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Is basically every alliance listed in the OP but PizzaDog dead? Still interested in joining up. Been playing daily since starting. Applied to G.O.O.N. As "Laif" but haven't seen any activity there at all. Maybe I should start a new one?

Seeing as how the alliance had a few spots, I approved your application. This alliance doesn't usually place anywhere significant, but some extra ISO8 and base tokens every now and then is better than nothing.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I can't seem to find the countdown timer for how long an event has left? If it matters, I just updated the game on my iPhone. Am I blind, or did they really remove it? I see it on the Season 11 icon in the versus page, but none of the other active events seem to have it.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I have come back to the game after not playing for a year or two. Are there any thoughts on how to prioritize which characters to keep? New slots are rather expensive (850 for me), and it takes awhile to accumulate that much currency.

Also, is there a point when spending the Deadpool taco tokens is a good idea? With the fixed pools of rewards that reset, waiting until you have almost 300 sounds good, but that will take most of a year of playing. Or should I just give in and spend them as I get them.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

GTO posted:

You get a lot more HP these days. Just don't open any tokens until you have enough for a new slot, and ditch all but one 1* if you're past that point.

As a general point most of the new characters are good and there has been a lot of power creep.

Also, get a 0/0/5 3* gambit and you'll be able to wreck anything as long as you have a decent purple/red user.

Thanks for the info.

Are command points used for anything other than buying characters in the store?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Today’s Christmas event match is basically impossible. Or else I am missing something obvious. Nothing like protected countdown tiles that fire off immediately (thanks Carlson) for 7k or 9k damage. All at level 125 characters.

I can get one character down before they fire off a power, but the other characters start firing and there goes my team.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Push El Burrito posted:

I have champed 4 star Cyclops so I just used him, 3* IM, and KK. Two yellow matches means at least one person is down.

I have a bunch of 3 Stars champed, but not many covers of 4+ star characters. Just a little frustrating that the event went from fairly low difficulty bonus event to what felt like impossible. Especially when I see a countdown tile appear, then trigger to kill a character of mine before I get a move. I will just have to break out a bunch of boosts to try a get a first or second turn kill.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Is there a good guide somewhere in when to move to higher ranks on events? Tier 8 seems to be a bit harder to get many wins in PvE. The tough matches seem to scale up to fast for me to get more than 1 win. Since I never seem to finish better than the 100-200 zone, I imagine dropping to tier 7 is good to at least get more progression rewards.

If it matters, I have all my 2-stars champed, and about 1/3 of the 3-stars champed. My 4-Star collection is pretty weak. Lots of characters with only 1 or two covers.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Can you champion a character for a second time? Is there any reason to do so? I am just getting my 2 star characters to max, and want to know if I should just start selling the covers I get for them.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Another tip for those short on HP, is to not use your free pull tokens unless you have enough HP for another roster spot. It might be a little rough at first, but then you are not throwing away those nice 4* and 5* covers. And when you do have enough HP, you will probably get to make a ton of pulls before you get something new.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

being able to do DDQ every day is huge. i am only missing four 3* right now, all of which i really dislike, but on the rare days one of them is the DDQ its soul crushing. i guess i'll roster them with my next couple spots, but i had to roster one punch man cap.

sidebar but this 4* Wolverine versus 3* Cyclops fight is loving impossible, wolverine why are you so terrible

4* Wolverine’s black ability is pretty strong. Especially after Cyclops uses his yellow ability to make a bunch of red tiles. I used some boosts for starting black and then Cyclops went down pretty quick.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Sesq posted:

Plugging Roxxon Oil again for new recruits. Sinister Six event is coming up and we have about four slots or so open. Unless they change it, it's easier to get 3 covers than the others, and last time it popped up, we got them all. So come on over if you want covers! Covers of Spider-Man! On my desk by 7:00 or you're finished, Parker!

I need a better guild than the one I was in. Applied as Orvin.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I am not an officer (so I can’t invite), but Roxxon Oil has 4 open spots, and got 2 of the Ghost covers in the Galactus event.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I see people saying that Grocket is a strong team/character. Can I get some details? Is it just 4 star Rocket, or is Gamora included? And is the strength just in dumping out a bunch of damage tiles at the start?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I didn’t look too closely at R&Gs power when at 5 covers. When I looked harder and did the math, at level 90 it is something like +1k damage, so I can only image when you have him up at level 200-300 how hard that hits.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Cadiem posted:

If they were from a random challenge or something that would be fine, but 15 bucks for a single 3* is crazy.

Its not that crazy when you consider that it comes with $14 worth of currency (when using the $20 purchase as a benchmark). So even if you ignore the three 3 star covers, the outfit costs $1.

I don’t have any intention of buying any of them. I almost bought out the cheap vault, but with only a single 4 star Luke Cage, it wasn’t worth it.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Roxxon Oil which is a pretty casual goon guild will usually get at least one 4 star cover, and usually gets two. I don’t have invite powers, but there is an opening you could apply for.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Galactus alliance event starts tomorrow (Thursday). Someone was asking to be notified in this thread as a reminder to log in.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Maldraedior posted:

Heads up for my fellow super casuals, Sinister Six event starts today

Thanks for the heads up.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I do like how this alliance event appears to be broken. All the boards have character titles like you would expect, but you can just put any old character in the middle spot. Makes it pretty simple to just zip through all the boards every 8 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

CzarChasm posted:

3* Iron Fist, Dr. Strange and Thor/Magneto works pretty well (Assuming champs all around)

I like the new Daily. It pretty much guarantees 35/45 HP everyday as opposed to only 10.

I think I must be misunderstanding something though. The update also mentioned that they lowered the cost of slots from 2000HP down to 1200, for slots over 300. So if you have more than 300 heroes, the extra slots would cost 1200 each rather than 2000. But aren't there only about 270 characters? Who is buying 30+ slots to dupe heroes?

Have you heard of whales? They probably have one of every character max level, but they also don’t want to let all the extra covers go to waste when drawing for the new characters that come out every other week. So they are probably up at like 400 slots.

At least that is speculation on my part. I am apparently at 230 heroes, but my slots have been at 1000hp for a long time.