Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Is there any activity during this Avengers tourney at all? I'm a bit above 600 right now and all the opponents I've skipped past would've only given me 1-3pts. After skipping like the 20th dude the game simply ran out and closed the tourney for me. I can open it again if I wait a bit but the opponent selection is still pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007
They really need more progression rewards for Heroics. I got all of them on the first day.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
No this game needs Civil War Iron Spider and yet another Wolverine. :colbert:

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Deep Winter posted:

Then she lost her powers and became a vampire. Comics, everyone!

But then her future self gained plasma lasers a la Wolverine.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I did all the Red ISO missions and ended up #9 in my bracket, and then 10 minutes later dropped to #27. I used to get 8pts for the Hammer repeatable, now it's down to 5pts. I'm basically just in this for the ISO, tokens, and Captain America progression rewards.

Invisible Woman looks like a terrible gimmicky support character who is definitely not worth 4*. She feels like Bagman to me.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

bubbapook posted:

Can anyone remember the timing on the resets for the Red ISO event? Was it new missions every day or couple of days?

Think the missions changed around noon daily.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
So for Villain rankings, Ragnarok is obviously #1, but who would you guys place as #2? Dr Doom for his ridiculous Strike tiles? Loki is pretty random/situational, Moonstone is pretty meh, Classic Magneto is crazy strong when maxed out, Daken requires time to build up and can be killed fast with stuns/nukes, and Bullseye/Venom are basically only for gimmick teams. The Hood seems like he could be useful if his yellow skill got rebalanced to cost less.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Got in a total slacker bracket for the IM40 tourney with 3 hours to go. Got #1 with about 790pts.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

TastyLemonDrops posted:

The shop for Heroic The Hunt says 2 star buffed hero or Invisible Woman. Does that mean only Modern Hawkeye and Thor are available? The preview pictures indicate other covers are, but I'm a bit skeptical.

Aren't IM40 and Grey Widow also buffed for this event? My Heroic Token just gave me Grey Widow.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Mons Hubris posted:

Back when you could accidentally level up characters with hero points if you mis-clicked, I put an extra level in Wolverine red and now I have him at 3/4/5. Is he going to be practically useless when leveled without 5 green? Just trying to figure out where to dump my iso.

Honestly I would start working on another Wolverine cover. You get a ton of them these days. Hell, I even have a second Wolverine with 5/1/1 just from random covers and progression rewards. You really want a maxed green skill so you can create 4 85-attack Strike tiles with full color boosts at the very start of a tough fight.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Dizz posted:

I unlocked Captain America Modern. According to the OP he's apparently a replacement tank for Iron Man?

He's mostly utility and less nuking than Iron Man. At max skill levels he can wipe out any special tile or connect loose tiles to get a 4 or 5 match, but that's about it for his damage potential.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Shwqa posted:

It is all luck. But generally waiting till the last hours is your best bet.

I've been joining tournaments during the last 2-3 hours. I've placed in the top 3 for the past few. Staying at #1 isn't hard, but aiming for the #2/#3 prize is kinda tricky.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Evil Vin posted:

My Thor is currently 4/2/3 and I just got another red cover, is it worth throwing it in? Or should I be going for 5 in another color?

I like 5/5/3 since you can toss out the red instantly if you run with full color boosts and with some luck that could let you shoot out a yellow too for huge damage before the enemy even moves.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
The Dark Avengers tourney really shows you that almost all the Dark Avengers need a major revamp. They're mostly boring (passive Daken/Bullseye) or highly situational (Moonstone, Yelena) with Ragnarok being the only real useful character.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

mania posted:

Where is the 100hp daily deal? I don't see it anywhere.

Also won Invisible Woman since I couldn't be bothered to lose any matches. :effort: Going to use her as a sub when my main IW gets downed during the last Alaska mission.

I found mine to the far left of the Recruit menu.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

What is everyones brackets looking like for the tournament? Sitting at 41 now with 31819 and top guy in my bracket has 32661. Anyone have an Idea of how Punisher is shaping up? I could make a run for top 50 at the end, but the event finishes in the middle of my workday so am screwed out of anything else. I swing in this group over 100 points just by taking a few minutes off to watch something. Just wondering how every ones else brackets are doing.

I'm #217 with 33,059pts, and #1 has 38,586pts. I usually jump to the top 10 after I clear my events. I tend to wait until it's almost over so I get the most points out of the repeatables.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

Does anyone know how the points for the events work? They go down a lot and then get larger when I come back later? Are they based on time or other people or what?

They're kinda linked to how others are doing in the event. When you're closer to the top ranks you get less points, when you're farther down you get more points so you have a chance to catch up. It largely doesn't matter since the final two hour rush determines everything. It's nice if you're trying to get the last 30,000 progression reward though.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
My 100hp daily deal was Spiderman Blue. :shobon:

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Woot, I was exactly 1pt ahead of #3 and nothing changed in the last minute. Three Spidey covers!

Eddain
May 6, 2007
They really need to adjust their event rewards. #1 should receive every available reward and #2 should receive everything under it, and so on. That would encourage more people to gun for the top instead of trying to camp a certain reward range.

Have each milestone only give one specific reward so #1 doesn't end up winning 20+ covers or something.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
The new daily deal is so enticing. Yeah there's a chance I could get a useless Wolverine/Captain America, but there's a decent chance I get Punisher/Hulk/Spiderman! Got a blue Spidey from it today.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I have a max skilled, max level Wolverine and a second Wolverine at 5/3/3, unleveled.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
If it's anything like The Hunt, it's your relative standing in the main event that determines how many points you get in the sub-events. If you're towards the top of the main event you get jack poo poo for the sub-events.

I was in the top 200 for the main event and I stopped getting points for the sub-events while I was in the top 20 of those brackets.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Top 5 finish, completing my Grey Widow at 5/3/5. :woop:

Eddain
May 6, 2007

"Black Bo[X posted:

" post="423465997"]
Got number one in NHB2 but only got Invisible Woman, no 'and previous tier rewards' :(

That was a thing this tournament right? I didn't just imagine that.

No, that was first seen in the Hulk event.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Anyone know if that Hulk cover mission opens up another subevent? I'm waiting on all my missions right now to get more points later on.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
So are you guys diving right into these new subevents or will you wait until the end? I waited a few hours to do the missions on the main event and almost every mission had tripled in points.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I'm #24 in the main event after gunning through all the subevents at once for hundreds of points per mission. I'm like top 50 for every subevent too.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
All the drat daily deals just gave me Wolverines. I want Spiderman/Hulk/Punisher damnit. Or a drat red Ragnarok at least. You can't buy skillups unless you have at least 1 level already. :(

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Top 5 too, now I have a 1/1/2 Punisher.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I tried that mission with the 240 Moonstone and she one-shot my maxed Wolverine with that red skill of hers. Total bullshit.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Spikey posted:

There's no way that she's worse than Bagman.

Moonstone has a potential nuke with her red skill, but Bagman has potential usage with Venom gimmicks.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
How are people building Original Widow? I was thinking 3/5/5 but her passive requires her to actually attack the enemy, and she's pretty fragile to be out in the front.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

SpclKen posted:

What's the best build for grey suit black widow? I am 3/3/3 right now and a spare purple hanging out in my cache.

5/3/5 probably. The green skill takes a ton of AP but it hits the entire team at lvl 5, and the ability to place 6 green orbs anywhere is amazing when you're teamed up with Wolverine.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
If you halved the cost for leveling up abilities you'd probably get a lot more people buying Hero Points.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

bubbapook posted:

I do kind of agree with Eddain on this one though - the daily deal is indeed enticing, but I keep getting loving Bag Man covers (why in gods name is he still in the game!?) and poo poo I already have, whereas paying HC to specifically level up a skill of your choice would absolutely get me to spend cash on HC if it was half the price.

You could spend 200 HP six times for six Wolverines or directly skill up a Hulk skill of your choice, that's how the daily deals have been working for me. Of course you get the rare lucky draw but without an explicit breakdown of draw percentages it's safe to assume the roulette is heavily rigged against you.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

iRend posted:

Game gets 100x as fun when you get a 5 green on wolverine. I can't speak for Thor, mine's still only at 3/3/3

5 green on Wolverine and 5 red on Ragnarok makes everything hilarious.

Except that Women's Only tournament. That was such a drag.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
So do Shields just prevent you from losing points or does it block you from showing up as an opponent entirely?

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I really hate when IAP games change things you can buy with real money. Buying random tokens is one thing, but directly buying a skill and then later having that skill nerfed is terrible. If I were to buy Spidey's lvl 5 blue right now and next week it gets nerfed to 4 AP or something I'd be furious.

Instead of nerfing useful abilities they need to work on improving everything to Ragnarok's level. They need to make Yelena a viable character compared to Black Widow, they need to make me actually consider using Bagman over Wolverine, and they definitely need to fix their 4* cards which won't ever see play with poo poo like Spiderman/Hulk/Punisher being way more useful.

Peechka posted:

Good, its about loving time they nerfed his rear end.

A nerf is one thing, but they tripled Thunderclap's AP cost and reduced its tile creation to 26% of its original capability (1 cast for 4 tiles vs 3 casts for 15 tiles). Then there's the indirect damage nerf via reduced green tile matches. And their consolation? Slightly buffed direct damage from the skill itself, which nobody ever gave a drat about in the first place.

Thor has a much better skill in his red ability now and he has actual synergy with everything else. Nobody used Ragnarok's green ability.

Eddain fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Karnegal posted:

I could see it getting a slight tweak, it could reasonably cost a little less, but it really did need a nerf. YOu pretty much never beat computer 240 rags unless you had god characters, a low AP spiderman, or divine luck and never let them have red. I wonder if people will start complaining about 2ap sipderman, or if he'll be fine because he has lower HP and the computer doesn't use him that well.

Yeah I'm not saying Thunderclap didn't need a nerf, but this pretty much makes the skill useless. 3-4 AP while keeping the same tile count and damage would've worked. But 6 AP for less tiles? Might as well use Thor.