Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

A.o.D. posted:

Wait, so they're really going to make a Lazy Daken before they release a Taskmaster or Sentry?

REALLY?

Give me GALACTUS. I don't care about Dark Reign. I want to eat entire rosters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

This "new character every two weeks" crap is getting grueling to keep up with. How the hell anyone can get so many of these newer character covers without paying ungodly amounts of money is beyond me.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Syrinxx posted:

I don't mind the events and the new dudes, it's just that you need thirteen loving covers and you might wind up with what, two or three after the event? More importantly you need a shitload of ISO which they are now starving us for in another bullshit attempt to squeeze money from the whales.

Exactly. And it'll be a LONG time before I even consider paying a cent for this after the Great Funbalancing.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Around the five minute mark I'm unshielding with three 900 point targets to choose from and green damage buffed 70%. I keep going between second and third and I want a full-on win!

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Joshlemagne posted:

Serious question. How does somebody get a roster that looks like this:

'Cause that's just weird.

They probably sold everything that's missing but I have no clue why.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I didn't like the randomness of green so I maxed black instead. Max red is his main necessity for me.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Syrinxx posted:

I have been playing this game for 148 days according to my daily rewards, and I have 2 punisher covers. How do people have so many of these rare covers? Do people buy that many packs?

I think he may have been the first major post-launch character and there was a long time before the next came out. He was the reward for drat-near everything for a while.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Largepotato posted:

Top 10 in Punisher tourney.

Finally got the 5th green for GBW. :dance:

I got my lousy 4th green. So close to perfection. At least I have the max number of covers for leveling purposes. ISO is flying all over right now and she needs to feed!

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

There needs to be a way that people marked Commander can be booted. Having to promote idiots in order to buy more slots is asinine in the first place.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

On the other hand, why keep posting in a thread and taking up space in a game you're too "cool" to bother playing?

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Happy Bear Suit posted:

incoming words words words

Still gotta adamantly and insistently disagree with y'alls. I just think you're over-estimating how easy it is to match out a Falcon countdown tile and have it re-spawn somewhere else. And when I judge how good a power is I compare it to other characters, and Loki's purple is not great. You spend 5AP to shuffle the board and if there's no good moves you've thrown away 5AP. With 3 more purple AP you could use OBW and guarantee a steal, charge up your colors and prevent their powers from firing. Or with just 5 more purple AP you could use C. Mag's Magnetic Translocation and insta-down an enemy. Or with 11 purple you could use GSBW and explode the entire board into green and crit tiles.

For one more purple match (9 AP) you can use Mag NOW! to create blue and crits all over as well, feeding your Spideys and OBWs. Plus he has a strong red attack if you need it, even it it's a tad pricy.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I got my crummy Loki covers, double checked if I needed them for the Loki tournament, then sold them. What I DIDN'T double check was if I needed them for this round of The Simulator, which of loving course you do!

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

JBones posted:

Is there an updated list?

I hate to even mention this... but would it be worth shuffling around some memberships so we can have a whaley alliance with guaranteed no shame? I know Pizza Dog has started slipping a bit (especially because it looks like we have 3 members who don't play every day...or 1 in the last two weeks...I pointedly won't mention the name poops mcgee). And AGENTS_OF_GOON has their shameless tumor called snazzy frocks. Is there a way to make a best of both worlds?

e: there's an updated list in the OP...which I oddly enough had never read...good job, Synth...

The shameless tumors were the guys who thought it was hilarious to not even break triple digits.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

gromdul posted:

Sandboxed?

I got 5 black covers on my Doom, and he's level 60 unboosted. If I get 12 black early the enemy just melts. How much do 6 attack tiles tick for on a 212 Doom?

I am loving having an 85 Ares and Thor. If the team can't use the green AP Ares feeds them I use him. 6 green for 1200 damage is so nice. Or since Doom can tank OBW's colors, I'll occasionally use both. :black101:

Ares really is amazing maxed and he gets boosted often in events. In Simulator right now he's doing more damage per green than GBW's single target Sniper Shot plus tile damage!

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one dealing with an unusual hell bracket. I was lucky to get Top 25. I bet even if I wasn't working and had more time that I still would've ran out of ISO and boosts before cracking Top 10.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

It really is annoying to play in events solely for the Season score. I'd love to have skipped the past 3 or 4 events.

I also hate how you have to skip 50 times now to find someone who will give you over 30 points even if you only HAVE 30 points. If there are people with 300 points more than you in your own bracket, why the hell do you get people with only +/- 20 points from your current total constantly?

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I just missed getting the individual LazyDaken. I don't know how so many people were able to score so drat high. It's not like I didn't play. gently caress that event.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I was playing on my lunch break in the Iron Man event while it wasn't showing scores. It turns out it wasn't just not showing them. It wasn't recording them either! I'm glad I only lost about four matches' worth.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Syrinxx posted:

Seriously gently caress this game

That's the general opinion of new and old players right now. I just got hosed in the mouth in my final Season ranking. I was solidly in the Top 20 all month. If the event ended when it was supposed to, Sunday night, I'd have a top 25 prize of 20 heroic tokens. Since they hosed up their last patch they had to extend the tournament. Fine, add a few days. But don't change the loving ending time too! How is that fair? Since I actually have a job, I couldn't do the last minute rush and missed Top 25 by ONE SPOT. I get half the prize for twice the effort.

Again, gently caress this game and gently caress D3.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Happy Bear Suit posted:

Alliance finished 14th. Time to redeem that sweet sweet single Nick Fury purple cover that might be used as an essential character node in PVE one day!

I was 26th for Season 1. Tried to make a push in the simulator to get into 25 and got crabbed the gently caress down to 29th. If it makes you feel any better we probably just missed out on 5 additional bagmen and moonstones!

You're probably right about getting nothing worthwhile anyway. The most useful thing I've gotten from any token recently is a blue Panther cover. I also got a blue IW for whatever that's worth.

Now we get to deal with Spider-Man becoming Bagman Sr.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I didn't get anything above a 2 star from my 10 pack. Isn't that swell? For a month's work you can get the same poo poo covers that you get from random matches. If this game didn't have Marvel involved, Season 1 would be the death knell for the game. Hopefully it will be Season 2. This game has truly reached 3D Realms-level developer idiocy.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Seems people in my alliance are burning out as expected. Any effort goons want me to put in a good word for getting into a top 50 alliance for season 2?

We're losing a few too and there's only one deluded fool who thinks the devs actually know what they're doing and all is well. Thankfully, he's not leader.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Gamma-powered Irritable Bowel Syndrome is no joke.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

BGrifter posted:

Ahahahaha over the Spider-Man nerf? He wasn't even really that efficient. Having him on your team was likely a loss in grinding speed vs a more offensively geared team running OBW. All those stun animations would really slow you down.

I tried using OBW but when everyone else is using her or Hood it's impossible to get enough AP to do anything. Plus with OBW you can't use GBW. I can't win a single Psylocke match because two of my three main characters are useless. I'll probably resign from my alliance tonight and delete this shitstorm from my phone.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

intangible posted:

I did that in a fit of nerd rage after the funbalancing of Thor and Wolverine only to have second thoughts about it a couple of weeks later, not realizing I failed to back up my game. I would advise you to maybe just step away for a few days / weeks before deleting it. I had to start over and rebuild my collection from scratch, which hasn't been terrible but I had some almost complete 3* characters that were lost.

At least when that funbalancing happened I was already in the middle of the 3 star transition and well on my way to maxed Spidey and Punisher. I've tried every heavy hitter I could put with OBW and Psylocke and they all get crushed. I'm probably stuck in a god-tier bracket because of past success and if MMR is attached to games played, I'm screwed because I picked the wrong characters to focus on all this time.

After maxing Punisher I finally got enough covers to max GBW and she became my main damage dealer because I had all the time in the world to build AP if needed. Now any ability that takes more than three matches to use is worthless because everyone steals your AP and there's no way to stop it. My OBW is maxed but enemy OBWs constantly get the better breaks and rob me blind. I've died probably 15 out of 16 matches so far.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I tried both Ares and CMags. Since CMags has the stronger purple attack, OBW can't steal any. Ares is my best bet.

I really think I blew the MMR slaying whales for so long. Most of my opponents have high-level Psylocke along with other random maxed 3 stars like Lazycap and Lazythor who are true beasts. That's how 3 stars SHOULD be. Aside from health, Spidey is about as good as a 1 star because D3 has no clue how to balance anything properly. 2 star Wolverine is about the only nerfed character that they did a fair job on. If they had the respec system in place for that, it wouldn't have been an issue at all. Thor got screwed much harder.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

A.o.D. posted:

With Spidey nerfed into uselessness, I have no idea how to approach the level 230+ fights now. Oh well, at least quitting this game will be pretty painless.

That's the other reason the nerf is going to hurt so bad. They built their game like the Sochi Olympic Complex. Pull off the load-bearing tarp and the whole building collapses.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

And now I remember why I don't play multiplayer games. I got poo poo from some little prick in my alliance who has been insufferably smug about the Spidey nerf and how bad it's effected me. That was the was the last straw.

At least I may get featured in a games.txt thread someday, but sometimes you have to tell a company to go gently caress themselves and it's pretty cathartic. I hope others don't get too wrapped in this crap. I just wanted something cool to play on my work breaks and down time, not something that demands poopsocking and then randomly changes the whole dynamics of the game repeatedly because the designers are retards.

All those maxed characters gone, like tears in rain. Time to die. :shepicide:

EDIT: Looks like a found a way to get the developers to actually reply! :laffo:

Gallow fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

JBones posted:

Link please to the meltdown.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8228

Here's babby's first forum troll. I love the two responses. :laugh:

This is what happens when a caffeine rush and and anger rush collide in a gamer's brain. At least there's no racism, so I'm ahead of the curve!