Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
I can't get VS to work for me on ios. Am I supposed to do something special to make this work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

SynthOrange posted:

Do Versus missions. You'll quickly rack up enough iso to level up your guys.

I posted up above and no one responded. When I try to do a versus mission I can't actually get the match to launch. Am I the only one posting here that's having this issue?

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Dragonshirt posted:

It's really odd. I haven't tried it on my iPhone 5 yet since from what I understand, there's no cloud saves? That also seems rather archaic at this point.

If you log into Facebook, it backs up your save. I can't figure out how to replace that save with a new game though.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

What does the game mean than covers will go to the cover cache if you don't have room for them? I would assume that you wouldn't get anything but cover cache seems to imply something else.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Russad posted:

I'm a newcomer to this - is the Blue Iron Man cover available in game somewhere? I know it was a reward during the Avengers event. It doesn't appear to show up in any of the "buy me" previews in the IAP shop - unless those previews are not all inclusive?

I just got one buying standard covers for 500 iso. I also picked up Wolverine. Grinding covers this way doesn't seem so bad. Worst case scenario, you get something you don't want and sell it back for 100 iso.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

High level Classic Storm vs Classic Storm is hilariously broken. When one team autohits, the autohits continue until one Storm is dead.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

seravid posted:

I just got Gray Magneto and he looks incredibly useful... once leveled. Shame that'll probably never happen.

Buy cover space with coins and hold onto your 2 star guys and higher. I ended up with Grey Magneto 3 times by random luck, and he's great for PVE.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Should I be seeing lightning rounds right now?

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Anyone know if we're getting more red iso rounds before the event ends?

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Bagman would be fine if his powers didn't require so much to activate. I mean Thor has a move that I can activate with two boosts so I hit someone for 750 and possibly get a cascade. Bagman can switch some blocks if he gets 15 pieces. It's crazy.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Spikey posted:

There's a new patch live.

Patch Notes:

Gameplay/General

- Heroic Mode: Harder versions of previous Chapters with improved challenges and rewards. Coming up first will be a revamped Juggernaut.

How do I get these to appear? Do I have to beat every challenge or get every reward?

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

MeramJert posted:

I just went up against moderate but not high level Classic Storm and Thor team in the Iron Man tournament. On turn 2, their Thor used Mjolnir's Might, then Thunder Strike, then Call of the Storm. On turn 3, Thor was able to use Mjolnir's Might and Thunder Strike once again, followed up by a Wind Storm from Storm. I lost.

Is there any way to see how many covers the other team has? It can make a pretty huge difference.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

SynthOrange posted:

Oh for fucks sake... should remember to put my thor in rather than generic thor.

I've already made this mistake twice. It will cost you 1/3 your team health unless you fell like watching them crushed.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

The trick to the Thor tournament is make sure Thor dies before he makes a match. Classic Storm makes this a little trickier.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Atomic Mitten posted:

I have exactly the same problem, not sure how I'm going to recover this now. Might be worth filling in some profile info if you use a fake account to make it less obvious our something.

I passed my test by guessing which name wasn't fake. I also found that Google image search of the names often revealed the answer as well. The test isn't timed.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

I almost have enough command points to pull a legendary. I also have three 3 star characters (Spiderman, Grey Black Widow, Iron Man 40) one cover short of being maxed. Which is the better move?

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

homeless poster posted:

do NOT spend CP to level a 3* hero's powers. especially someone like spider-man who is trash tier. for 20/25 CP you should be pulling LT exclusively, because you can get an infinite amount of 3* covers thru dpd (as long as you're patient).

what's the cost to level a cover for a 4* hero? 120 CP! spending 20/25 is a much better deal, although with the handicap that you can't choose the cover you'll get at 20/25 CP.

That was my gut feeling. Didn't realize Spiderman was considered trash though. The combo of him and Widow usually make it so I'm shielded from most damage until I charge up the sniper rifle.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

I picked up two 5 star Spiderman covers. Should I level him up, or keep working on my lower level guys?

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

The new story mode is NOT fun. It's a lot harder with less rewards.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

The free tokens were cool, but even better it seems like an acknowledgement that the event was messed.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Carnage is killing me... A lot.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

I can only use 4 of 39 characters on PVE. That seems crazy restrictive.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

homeless poster posted:

:downsbravo: no it's a fun challenge why do you hate fun you fun-hater. boy what a dumbo you are hey everyone look at this moran.

it's okay I feel the same way, but there is a non-trivial portion of the mpq official forums who apparently will fight to the death to defend the heroic pve format (don't read the mpq official forums)

I wouldn't mind if there was a less restrictive option.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Auk14HP posted:

Hey all. Played this game for a good year or so before I gave up in November after getting sick of the grind. Has much changed since then? I sometimes get the urge to pick it up again.

I've quit before and am enjoying it now. I'll probably take a long break again some time.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

I'm having some luck with the new PVE. I think I'm actually going to get all of the event rewards for the first time.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

SectumSempra posted:

HAHAHA they actually are giving out cho as a loving reward HAHAAH

Cho?

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Thaddius the Large posted:

Totally Awesome Hulk, aka Amadeus Cho, aka a not good 4 star.

Oh... The PVE placement awards seem like too much effort for anymore than a nice bonus. If I could regularly earn enough points to unlock the 25 CP, I'd be happy. It feels like the new scaling is making that easier to do.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Call Me Charlie posted:

I recently joined a PVP alliance (TopHalf) and we're looking for four new members. Only requirements are daily play and scoring a minimum of 6000 in the season. Last season we were around 115 overall. Even in PVE (not required), with 16 members, we're right on the verge of top 250. So, you'll get a bunch of tokens and HP.

I'm not the commander so tell me your last season score/username and I'll pass it on.

I'm interested in joining if you'll have me. I'm nnavidson on Puzzle Quest.

Edit: I attempted to join. Pending.

ghostwritingduck fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

The game acting up for anyone? I'm having connection issues.