Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

New Leaf posted:

Edit: Top 5000 and I get a loving Hawkeye cover? I was in the top 1000 before I went to bed! :bang:

So was I! I thought being at rank 500 plus was enough but apparently not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Gallow posted:

I just destroyed by a similar team. I wiped the weakies in ten turns, then Thor decides it's COMBO TIME and had all three powers going in a whirlwind of sodomy to wipe my whole team in one turn.

I guess you should always make sure the Thor you take on DOESN'T have all three powers.

Something like that happened to me. What made it worse was it was my second try, only Thor was left and he already had half his hitpoints gone. AI managed to pull of a ton of combos and then blam! power time, and my entire team was down.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
So a low ranked person beating my much higher ranked team gets like 35 points. If I retaliate I get 5 points. Whoopee.

I wanted to try and break 1000 points to get that Thor cover since it has the power my Thor doesn't have, but I don't thing it's going to be possible.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

SynthOrange posted:

There's missions in the Oscorp chapter that give out all Thor powers as prizes.

Thanks! I don't think I've unlocked that mission yet so it looks I'm grinding Oscorp for the rest of the day.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
What the heck, they pushed an update minutes before the end of the tournament? And now I can't connect to the server.

e: And now it's back and the event is finished. I was at the bottom of the Top 10 last I checked, hope I didn't get pushed out.

mania fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 21, 2013

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Please be my fake facebook friend!

Great update, but I don't like that they removed showing the amount of AP on the power section screen. It's kinda annoying not knowing how much more AP I need to active a power. I know I can swipe to the side to check, but eh that takes too much effort.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Fallorn posted:

Is their any place to see what every additional level of an ability adds so you can plan your dudes to have best skill levels for what you want.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=129

mania
Sep 9, 2004
My brackets are oddly very chill and have low scores and people that don't seem to play much.

The Arena's #1 was at 400 points when I started playing a couple of hours ago.

Same for the Red ISO event, just by playing everything I got into the top 15, the current #1 has 500 points.

It's a weird contrast compared to here and the dev's forums where I see people talk about having scores of 1000.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Huh, they changed the replayable fight. A couple of hours ago it was lvl 88 Pyro/Spy/Pyro, now it's lvl 90 Soldier & Pyro with lvl 73 Ms Marvel.

Guess they figured it was really easy to grind when the enemy doesn't attack the player.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Any ideas on how to spec Bag Man Spidey? I've got 2 blue covers hanging around and taking up precious space since I'm not sure if I want to push his skill all the way to 5.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Ugh I give up on the Dark Avengers event. I go up 10 points and get hit for 30 points. Gonna get lousy Bag Head Spiderman instead of Spidey.

And I played with someone who had Ragnarok's Thunderclap maxed out. It only needs 2 AP to activate and hits for 300+ damage. The entire match was me desperately matching every red I saw.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
What the gently caress, did they change how buffs work in the tournaments? Jugs was tanking pretty much every colour before, now the other characters are showings up as if it was a normal match. My other two characters went down super fast since I was expecting Jugs to tank.

Edit: D3's forum explains it better then I do

quote:

Tile damage is being buffed, just for whatever reason, the buffed damage isn't taking priority when matching tiles.

There goes my hopes of placing top in this tournament.

mania fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Nov 9, 2013

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Free For All, Jugs is listed at his buffed damage and before the patch every tile except yellow was his but with the new patch this is what I get:

And the damage from matching tiles is Storm/Thor's lower damage, not Jug's buffed damage.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

WetSpink posted:

e: I would be interested if anyone could tell me what kinda damage max level 5 red/3 red does per tile if anyone has one there.

A max level 5 red storm has 34 damage per environment tile.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Speaking of low level teams and Modern Storm, while playing the Thornament yesterday, I made a mistake and left Storm for last. AI used the red power to smash the environment tiles, then green to smash random tiles, which generated enough AP to go for another round of red and green. Since this was the board with thorned rose, and the AI now had a ton of environment tiles, it meant a few more rounds of red and green. And in between all these powers, was a bunch of cascades and crit tile matches.

It didn't even down my character since it was a low level Storm, but drat, I was watching the AI attack me continuously for like a minute.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Russad posted:

In my experience, it becomes a real chore finding people worth more than 2-6 points when you get up past about 1050 or so.

Yeah, I had the same problem this morning on my quest to reach 1100. By the time I found people with decent points, someone way lower had hit me for 30 points.

Still, gonna try again tomorrow when hopefully most of the US/Europe is sleeping.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Boosted Hood is crazy with environment tiles. He gets 10 per tile and his crit is 11x, if you crit match environment tiles, that's 330 environment tiles.

Shwqa posted:

Oh cool cover slots cost more now :argh:

Why did I save up my hero points instead of spending it on cover space straight away. I would have ended up spending it on cover space in the end anyway.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Yes finally got the 500 hero points for the Thornament. Got knocked down just as I was about to reach 1200 points twice, but the third time was the charm.

Now to start on the Juggernaut event.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

seravid posted:

Any info yet on the "original" Widow?

Black Widow (Original)
2 Star Rarity (Uncommon)

Aggressive Recon - Purple 5 AP
Natasha goes undercover to find her opponent's secrets. She steals 2 Yellow, Blue, Red, and Green AP, undermining the enemy's plans and setting hers into motion.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Steals 3 AP. Costs 2 AP more.
Level 3: Also steals Black AP. Costs 1 AP more.
Level 4: Steals 4 AP. Costs 2 AP more.
Level 5: Also steals Purple AP. Costs 1 AP more.

Anti-Gravity Device - Blue 11 AP
Stolen Stark tech increases enemy countdowns by 2. If there are none, heals all allies of 100 damage.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Add 3 to timers.
Level 3: Costs 2 AP less.
Level 4: Adds 4 to timers.
Level 5: 50% heal with enemy countdown timers present. (Dev note: This means at Level 5 AGD and base level character, she would heal for 50 with Countdown tiles, plus 50 more if none are present)

Espionage - Black Passive
Not yet implemented. Coming soon!

Her color Strengths are Black, Blue, Purple in that order. Crit of 4x, EO tile of 3.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Pssh you call those slacker brackets. This is a slacker bracket.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

WetSpink posted:

Is the Juggernaut event still available for anyone else? I think the fact that I still have it available is a bug since I left the game tabbed to it. I've done like 10 missions in it so far, all the progress and rewards got reset so I can get the hero coins, and first time completion bonuses again. My battery just ran out on my ipad though so I probably lost my access.

I was in a fight when the event ended and it returned me to a restarted Juggernaut event. Stupidly I thought they were making the mission permanent and backtracked to the menu.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Shwqa posted:

So I tested a new theory of mine. The idea is that you join brackets based on why you win your first Match. That would mean waiting a few hours before join a tournament, might be more likely to put you in a slacker bracket. That is how it worked in defender of texels (another mobile freemium game).

To test this I won my first 1* tournament battle. At 16 points I'm 133 rank out of 200. Top place is 200 points. How is everyone else bracket for the 1* tournament?

Yeah it works that way. I think it's mentioned on the official forums somewhere. And like BGrifter, it's also how I managed to get some really great rewards.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Skam posted:

I just climbed up to #1 in my venom tourny (4100 points) getting 300 per win, now it has changed my winning points back to 15 per match again.

Something doesn't make much sense there, i guess the best way to do it would be to wait until about an hour before it resets

They're doing similar rubberbanding that they did in the previous heroic event, though there's speculation that it's bugged. It'll give you 300 points per match if you're in second place and when you're first it drops to very little points. Drop back to second place and it's 300 points again.

Kinda irritated since I didn't notice that it had dropped to 5 points per match and now I'm in second place when I was first before the reset.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Phenotype posted:

Oh, come on, this is a cell phone game. :) I did not think to make the connection until after I'd gotten the covers, and I'm pretty familiar with Marvel. I'd expect a lot of people would see that and expect Peter Parker. The tournament reward description didn't call him Venom, either, just Dark Avengers Spiderman. Isn't there some other weird naming like that, Bullseye being billed as Hawkeye? It's obvious there are a lot of licensing restrictions in place, which is odd when you compare it with the PC F2P game Marvel Heroes which is pumping out a ton of different heroes.

The game's based on the Dark Reign comic storyline, which has Green Goblin/Norman Osbourne as head of HAMMER/SHIELD and has him substituting in his own version of the Avengers, hence Bullseye as Dark Avengers Hawkeye, Moonstone as Dark Avengers Ms Marvel, Daken as Dark Avengers Wolverine, etc...

edit: so beaten

Any strategies to beat the final Heroic Venom match, the one with Ragnarok, Venom & Daken? I keep dying there.

mania fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 25, 2013

mania
Sep 9, 2004

New Leaf posted:

My "give a poo poo" levels are dropping dramatically on this game. I find myself continually Skipping to find people I'm capable of actually taking on without it feeling like a chore. And the sad thing is, I don't actually know what could be done at this point to curb it.

Lose a bunch. Make use of those lvl 1 Hawkeyes & Black Widows gifts against those lvl 85 Thor / CStorm / bait teams. Eventually the matchmaking system will put you in an easier group.

I normally use the Shield training room or a Lighting rounds (after collecting the recruit token reward of course) for this.

mania fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Nov 26, 2013

mania
Sep 9, 2004

vibratingsheep posted:

I'm at the top of my bracket and there are 3 people within 300 points of each other. It's pretty ridiculous, one of us will go into first, the other two will gain exactly 300 points, and then we go back into the waiting game until someone blinks and goes into first place again.

That's my bracket, only with four people. This is a messed up tournament.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Phenotype posted:

What is the slacker bracket you guys keep talking about, and how do I get there? I am going against people with multiple 25-30 heroes and my goal was like, the 325 Heroic token in the Reinforcements tournament. It takes forever to luck into a match I think I have a chance in.

Event brackets and the group you fight within are different groups.

Event brackets fill up as people start the event, it's not dependant on your skill level. ie: first batch are the first 200 players to start, second batch are the next 200 players, third batch are the next 200 players, etc... So some of us start later in the hopes of getting into a slacker bracket.

Who you fight depends on your PVP wins and loses, and (I think) your placement in previous events. There's a post on the official forums about it, but I can't find it at the moment. Basically, if you keep racking up wins, you'll be placed in the better groups filled with people who also keep winning. Lose some matches and you'll be placed in a lower group with (hopefully) easier opponents.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Haha yes reached 1000 points for the Reinforcements event and got my hero points. It's been a very relaxing event with hardly any retaliations, probably because no one wants to take on a team that has almost 30000 hitpoints. :v:

mania
Sep 9, 2004
What's today repeatable missions? I've got Iso-8 Heist & Battle in Brazil so far.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

WetSpink posted:

Just noticed redISO ends at a different hour to usual, says 2d 16h at the moment where reinforcements says 1h40m left. Guess redISO ends at 8am for me, maybe 9 depending on how they do the rounding.

E: 9am New Zealand time

It's for the benefit of the Euro players. Unfortunately for me it ends at 4 am my time.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

BDawg posted:

How do you find out when a tourney ends so you can join a slacker bracket?

If you click on the tourney, aren't you entered?

You join a bracket after completing a match.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Phenotype posted:

So, Classic Storm nerfs. I heard someone saying Modern Storm was better anyway... but I can't really start leveling my Modern Storm instead, can I? My understanding is that she can't get any higher than level 50 because she's a 1-star, and since my Thor is already 45, she's only gonna be useful for a little while anyway. That seems like a really lovely way to force you to value 2 and 3 star heroes, by the way. They're not just different and rare, they're outright better, and will be the only useful heroes eventually?

It used to be that all characters maxed out at 40/50. It was changed to better reflect the specialness of the 2/3/4 stars, but a lvl 50 1 star is still decent, at least compared to the 2 stars.

Modern Storm is still pretty good and I prefer her over Classic. Her green skill is cheaper and when combined with the red can lead to a ton of cascades and special environment tiles and it fills up everyone elses powers. The only bad part is that she has poo poo health, but eh that's why I pair her up with Thor and he takes all the hits for the green tiles.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
gently caress that last Alaska mission with Daken/Yelena/Bullseye. I was somewhat successful the last round with a IM40/Modern Hawkeye team, Iron Man would pump out red and blue for Hawkeye. But this round every single match when I put out any countdown tiles, the AI would somehow get cascades that took them out, or Yelena would use her power that turns your tiles into crits.

*sigh* All my precious health packs.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

SynthOrange posted:

I just need her to be conscious for the mission. Under a dozen hit points? Good enough, get back in there.

Uh oh. I got the option to send out the 140 iso reward to only three people. Is that the new cap now?

I wish I hadn't trained up Sue's powers. At lvl 38 her hit points are still terrible (like 200 hit points more maybe?) and she takes about 45 mins to revive. If I had kept them separate at least I could run her mission more often.

Isn't the send reward to 3 people option pretty common?

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Stickman posted:

See, that's what I thought, but I've been in events with folks thousands of points above me and still only received 10-20 points per mission. And had my repeatable mission go dry at rank 500! I originally thought that the repeatable missions reset over time, but it looks like its purely rubber-banding, and literally impossible to place highly without doing the IW missions.

Other times, though, I've been close to top ranked and received ~500 points per mission, so who knows?

Yeah I'm having the same issue too. I think points for the sub-events depend on your position on the main.

For the last Alaska, I started 12 hours late and did the repeatables throughout. When I was at #30 and over a thousand points away from #1 on the main board, the repeatables were worth 200-300 points. This was while I was in the top 300 of the sub-board.

For Florida, I'm trying the fight one early then wait method. At #1000 on the sub-board (#1 was 7000 when I started, now it's 130000) and at the top 3 on the main board (we're all about 100 points away each other), each sub-mission is worth 10-30 points. The highest repeatable is worth 100. There is no way I'll be able to even get half of what the top people are getting.

I think the repeatable missions do reset, but it takes a very long time to do so and the points it's worth are depend on the rubber banding so it's harder to grind them.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Bruceski posted:

What is the mechanic behind who Hawkeye swaps into his place? Black Widow keeps taking the punches for him instead of my tank, and Black Widow doesn't like to be punched.

Person to the left of Hawkeye on the lineup I think. When I was doing the repeatable with the compulsory Invisible Woman, if Hawkeye was on the left during lineup, the character on the right would take the hit. If Hawkeye was on the right side during lineup, Invisible Woman would get hit.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Where is the 100hp daily deal? I don't see it anywhere.

Also won Invisible Woman since I couldn't be bothered to lose any matches. :effort: Going to use her as a sub when my main IW gets downed during the last Alaska mission.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Blah, edged out of top 3 at the last minute.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Funso Banjo posted:

Anyone playing on the Steam version AND on mobile? My different Apple devices can share progress using Facebook. But Steam doesn't appear to.

That said, someone mentioned to me that if you're fairly new to the game, you've only got Prologue to play, and chapter 1 and 2 have been and gone, and aren't coming back. So I am wondering if, for people like me who haven't played those parts, maybe we SHOULDN'T want to link the steam accounts so we can experience those chapters . . .

As far as I've seen, Steam gets the same chapters at the same time as the android & iOS people. Also it's currently not possible to link your iOS/android accounts with your steam account, unless you were in the PC beta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Murgos posted:

It's a great design for an event eh? Random chance dictates how you will finish. As long as you keep rolling badly and get *20* iso rewards you can keep earning points. Get a bad set of rolls and get all 4 rewards right in a row? Whoops! Enjoy that consolation prize.

e: VVVV I think there are two types of missions, "one and done" and then limited repeats. The missions that unlock another area seem to be you complete it once, get one of the four rewards and then it locks. The other ones seem to be repeatable until you run out of prizes to be awarded but then they lock.

On top of all that is a changing number of shields you can earn. Checking back at different times to the same mission without running it has had the shield rewards vary wildly. The only thing that seems constant there is every time you run the mission the reward value decreases, if it's low and you run it it will drop to nothing. I've also worked one down to 6 and then gone away and come back to have it be 35. Also it will drop mid-mission as well making me think it's dependent on other players behaviors.

That's not how it works at all. There are a certain number of repeats (5 I think) per mission for the side events. It doesn't matter if you get all the rewards or not, it will drop after each mission until there are no more points. After some hours, the points will reset.

The points you get are also dependent on your overall score on the main leader board. Say, at the beginning mission A will give 100, mission B gives 200. Do mission B, mission A's points will drop since your global score has gone up.