Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
So started this yesterday and have a couple questions.

- Repeating missions for rewards. I wanted to repeat the two missions in the starting story that give 50 gold as a reward. It said I had 1/2 rewards then when I beat it I just get 20 iso. Eventually after many retries I get the 2nd 50 gold reward. What determines this?

- Spending gold. I spent 150 gold on a cover (got ** thor). Should I spend my next gold on another?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
The 1* tourney was good. Having you in mini-tournaments of 200 players works well. I was able to get 400 points to get a blue iron man ability I didn't have, plus make top 50 just about to get a captain america cover.

The changes look positive (should be possible / useful to level up ** characters)

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
You can for $3.99:
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/puzzle-quest-2/id398687544?mt=8

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

Erebus posted:

I've been resisting the whole Facebook thing too, but gently caress it. I made an account and added myself to the Google doc (which is here if anyone's looking for it like I was). I can always use more iso.

Added myself to this too, would be glad if anyone would add me, thanks.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Up to 17 cover spaces now and still it isn't enough. I have so many useless (for now) two or three star characters that I only have one or two covers of. Reminder: only spend hero points on cover space!, you will need it all

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

triplexpac posted:

So how did you guys handle the early game, where your Collection keeps filling up and you don't have enough money to buy more slots?

Cause I'm full up right now and don't know who to drop (if anyone). My current unlevelled guys are:

Moonstone, Hawkeye Modern, Marvel Now Thor, Astonishing Wolverine

Also have the usual one star guys, Juggernaut, Venom, etc.

Always (ALWAYS) keep hero points to expand your cover space, do that whenever you get enough to do so til you have at least 20 spaces. Sell classic hawkeye, yelena, venom, juggernauts, bagman covers instead of keeping them. You can always get more later when you have space. Spend ISO on levelling up your ironman, he's very useful early on.

And you can redo the PVE missions to get the rewards once each (though no guarantee of getting them in 4 attempts). So redo all the ones that give out hero points

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

Ratatozsk posted:

Any thoughts on optimal CStorm builds? I'm at 3/3/3 now with a new red cover from the event - any reason to hold off on training it in?

I think 5/5/3 is the best. If you take yellow (raging tempest) up from 3 to 5 it does 20% more damage and gains you 1 more red AP when it is triggered. That's a pretty lovely difference; it's already as good as it needs to be at 3. If instead you take green (lightning storm) up from 3 to 5 it shatters more than double the normal of tiles. Very useful.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Make a fake facebook account and link it, then add a bunch of people (see list in OP). Get free ISO that way.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Oh ahem, misunderstood your question. For more hero coins, replay all PVE missions that have hero coins as a possible prize until you get them, only EVER spend hero coins on expanding your cover slots (until you hit 20 slots say), and in the beginning you can sell any and all bagman, venom, yelena, hawkeye classic (and arguably juggernaut) covers you get to save the space for actually useful heroes. You'll get more covers than you'll ever be able to use of those guys later on (and apart from juggernaut you'll probably never use any of them).

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
What do the yellow L4 and L5 upgrades add now then? (L3 and L5 used add extra red ap...)

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

death .cab for qt posted:

For all you new folks:

*Dont buy the 500 ISO lottery, save it
*Always keep at least 1000 ISO on hand for boosts
*Use boosts often, but only if they're giving you returns. Don't use them just to climb the ladders in tournaments, use them to get ISO and other rewards for progression
*Use all your extra ISO (all the stuff above 1000-1500) for leveling up one character. That character should be Iron Man 35 or Thor. Everybody else can sit around at 12-15.
*Spend all your Hero Points on Cover Slots.
*Sell off your Hawkeye Classics, Venoms, Yelenas, and Juggernauts. Try to keep your 3-Star characters, but don't be shy about selling them for Hero Points if you need a slot for somebody like Storm Classic, Wolverine, or Thor.
*IM35 is your early game tank, Thor is midgame, and Wolverine is endgame. Don't be shy about leveling any of these guys up, since IM will never to above 50 anyway. Mine never made it past 22 before i got a Thor
*Play every PVP thing. Get through the first few ranks to nab yourself a couple recruit tokens and free ISO. Don't dig in too deep unless you're prepared to spend ISO.
*Replay missions with HP rewards. Spend that HP on cover slots. Use recruit tokens to fill those slots. Repeat.
*Dont use Bagman

That about covers it

I think we should add this to the OP

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
2* Wolverine. I'm at 5 green covers and 3 each of green/red and just got a red.

Obviously 5x green is a given to get it to just 3x green per use, but what about the other two? I can max out yellow for healing no matter what, or max out red for -2 red ap to trigger. I'm thinking of going for 5 yellow. Anyone disagree?

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

Murgos posted:

Does anyone know how the bracket generation works?

I did my first NHB fight this morning with 1 d 13 hours left in the event. I killed one team got 30 points and ended up in 1st place. The event had been going on for 11 hours at this point...

Did I just randomly end up in a brand new bracket?

You join brackets as you win your first fight, so you just joined a new bracket yes. There's one every 200 players I think in NHB

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
I think the shielding mechanic is having a nice side effect of less crabbing. People are shielding themselves and then no longer attacking anyone. You can go much higher now than in previous tourneys

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

CaptainScraps posted:

Started an alliance. Join Pizza Dog.

Because Pizza Dog is AWESOME. And a good dog, bro.

Was going to join but you're 5/5. Any other goon alliances forming?

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
I made an alliance called 'Hired Goons', join in if you like

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
5/5 all full, good stuff

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

Largepotato posted:

Current results of Lightning Round MMR tanking.

What I do is start the lightning round as soon as it goes up. Leave a 1/15/2 seed group until last and fight the other seeds until 50-100 points. Then I defeat the 1/15/2 group with a scrub team.

Is it not enough to get to 50-100 points, sub in your scrub team and then start any fight and immediately surrender?

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
I added two extra spaces to my alliance 'Hired Goons' so get in for a 7-person alliance :P

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Oh can anyone expand the alliance with HP, not just the leader? Nice.

Hired Goons - I've bought 2x bonus slots so if anyone has spare HP buy another would ya? It will get us higher rankings and more prizes in alliance reward contests (one on now)

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Hired Goons has 7 players, so if anyone wants in just pay to expand it: 800HP I think?

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
'Hired Goons' has space, especially if you'll expand us. Currently at 7 max so next spot is 800HP. We've gotten a small HP reward from most events so far.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
'Hired Goons' is at 5/7 right now so join on up if you can expand (800HP), or for the second slot if you will simply save your HP to expand it in the next few weeks (though price might go up by then)

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
If anyone wants into Hired Goons there's space, we're at 6/7 so you just need to expand it to 8 (800HP)

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Hired Goons is at 6/7 members and got 50HP alliance prizes again today - we might as well get some more people in here! 800HP to expand the next slot, get in

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

Depriest posted:

Any spots open in any Alliances? I play just about every day, and would be more than willing to buy another spot. In game name is ATF_Renton.

There's a spot in 'Hired Goons' - especially if you want to expand it to 8 people (800hp). Been just about getting into HP alliance prizes in most events

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

Tibeerius posted:

I just applied to you guys. It'll take me a bit to earn the HP, but I'm a frequent player.

Cool, just let me know here or in the new alliance chat when you have 800HP spare to buy a slot and i'll make you a commander then

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Any way to link accounts? Would like to login on an iphone to do alliance stuff, but have always played on an ipad

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

Depriest posted:

Just applied to Hired Goons; I've got the HP to add another spot as well.

Hey - what's your ingame name? Might have approved you just after Tibeerius but not sure.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

Depriest posted:

It's ATF_Renton. Let me know if I need to pay for another spot, I've got like 1200ish HP right now.

Oh good, I did accept you before. Go ahead and expand if you like - just made you commander

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Is alliance chat working for anyone else? I write a message and hit send.. nothing

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

Largepotato posted:

Messages take a while to show up.

8 hours though?

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Hired Goons has a free spot, if you are willing to expand us to 10 players (1000hp). We've been getting into the lower end of the HP prizes in events so it's worth it - got 3x50HP two days ago.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Excellent, approved you and promoted you to commander

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
OK so Hired Goons has a free spot again, if you are willing to expand us to 11 players (1100hp) :D

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
So Hired Goons is at 10/10 and would like to grow. Anyone want in? We are pretty consistently hitting the lower end of HP alliance rewards (50hp a pop), but this is a chill alliance for folk who just like to play. If you are willing to expand (currently 1100 HP) let me know and i'll get you in (have to kick someone temporarily)

With the new ISO daily rewards for alliance members if you aren't in one yet I'd suggest getting in

retro sexual fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 24, 2014

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Just to say again there's space in Hired Goons if anyone's willing to spend the HP to expand for the next person (1100 HP right now). We have 10/10 people playing daily but it's totally relaxed and we're getting 50hp prizes from most alliance events.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

slightlyslow posted:

In good news, they finally expanded the Alliance rank needed to get a cover (top 250). In less good news, you don't get any HP as an alliance reward unless your group is top 50 or better.

Oh no! I loved the steady stream of HP from alliance rewards.

If anyone else is looking for a spot in an alliance Hired Goons is at 10 people and happy to take in anyone who'll expand us (1100hp for next spot)

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Hired Goons has a space free for anyone who can expand us to our 11th player which would cost 1100 HP. Let me know if you want in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

Dr_Gee posted:

Any goon alliances open? I'm loving tired of getting insta-booted from any alliance I join for not having 3000+ Season 1 score, despite playing quite a bit. Just started playing about two weeks ago.

I'm DrOoze in the game. Is there a direct invite system or some such?

Equally there is a spot in Hired Goons if you are willing to expand to the 11th spot (1100HP). Search for it under a private alliance, apply, post here!