Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
Anyone found any good team combinations yet? I rolled some IAP and got some good stuff. thinking of running a specialized team of Black widow, Hawkeye, Bullseye. Bullseye has this gimmick move that if there are 4 Critical tiles on the board then he can do 800+ damage to a target. This is giving me real Magic the gather vibes :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
you can link it to your facebook for that.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
Classic magneto is amazing for the pve levels

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity

MeramJert posted:

Nice, got up to 4th place and >800 points in the arena. 2 hours left, lets see how far I fall.

i was at 3rd. 30 mins later i was 59th... i'm fighting to stay in the top ten now.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
the PVP in this game is so stressful :(

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity

Emron posted:

I'm sitting at #1 right now in my bracket at 928 tokens, next highest is 888 and then 838 below him. I figure I've got five to ten minutes before I have to fight my way back up.

My group is pretty brutal. I'm at 910 (just got beat for 24) and i'm at 5th place. Highest is 995.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
I finished in 5th and got two Ms. Marvel Covers. never stressing like again. She's the 500 point reward in the weekly event that just started for fucks sake!

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity

MeramJert posted:

What's up with these guys in the unstable iso-8 event with 2500 points? Even if you're cheating so each battle only takes 10 seconds, you'd still have to sit there pressing buttons for hours.

Probably cheating and just giving themselves more iso

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
I'm using Magneto (Now) level 42 5 blue 4 purple 4 red, Classic Storm level 54 2 green 5 blue 3 yellow. that with anyone else will murder anything the game has thrown at me. grab up some purples, use magnetos ability to make blues. use storms blue aoe.

You don't want to face this team trust me.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
I rolled that one time and got Purple classic spidey!

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity

MeramJert posted:

I think Spider-man classic's purple skill is the worst skill in the entire game.

Yes but it doesn't hurt anything to have it, and more than likely it will get some type of buff down the road.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
This iron man sucks!

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
Looks like they "fixed the classic storm back and forth team nukes"

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
Last night I was number 1 in my bracket. I did a match that got me to 1002 points. before i could get the prize for 1k points, i was attacked i guess and was down to 864 points! loving bullshit. the game saw i hit over 1k points didn't give me the prize and they raped me for over 200 points in the span of 3 mins.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
It's not easy being #1

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
What a great update!

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
Did the tournament just lock anyone else out? I can't click back in and it's greyed out.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity

The Jorts of Zeus posted:

On a separate note, one of the biggest fixes from this patch hasn't really been mentioned. They FINALLY made it so that countdown tiles freeze if the character that created them is stunned. This makes stuns so much more helpful in PvE.

it was mentioned and we love it. Helps alot fighting IM40's and of course the Hammer mobs.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity

brother-joseph posted:

Finally got my Fakebook re-activated after half a dozen failed attempts at recognizing people I've never met, and already I've gotten over 3,000 Iso from you guys. Thanks, goons!

On a related note, I had tried to give advice a while back on how to switch linked Facebook accounts. I am playing catchup on this thread and saw it didn't work for most people so I had to try it myself. Apparently they patched out the ability to un-link Facebook accounts. Fun!

Anyone actually having much luck in the 3* tournament? I'm interested to see your teams if so. With all the PVE mopped up 100% and garbage 3*s I'm basically just playing Ridiculous Fishing now until the weekend events start.

For the 3* star tournament I am using Grey Widow Ragnarok and Spiderman to great success. Take the +3 all booster, the +3 red/yellow Booster, and the +Blue Booster. Start the round with two hits from Ragnaroks red move which generates a ton of Green gems, use Spideys ability right after to tie up 2 enemies and start mopping from there. I finish every fight at full HP.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity

Shwqa posted:

Today I actually had some time to play these lightning rounds. So far I have got a Ragarok green, Loki purple, and magneto purple. Not a bad haul.

Edit: holy poo poo I just realized how powerful magneto's blue ability is. At max skill level it cost 5 blue ap. It makes 2 blue tiles can make critical pretty frequently, which of course makes 5 blue ap. You can basically spam this attack every 1-3 turns with set up. It generates a ton of other AP along the way.

The real strength of his ability is that his Blue tiles are able to overwrite ANY tile on the board. So he counters Loki/Doom/IM40/Hawkeye modern etc...

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity

Deathwing posted:

Woo, a bit of ISO...for placing in the tournament that hasn't finished yet? I'll take it!

I just got 2 moonstone covers a hawkeye, a yelena, 2 iron mans, and about 1500 iso. WTF is happening?! I love it

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
So most of the missions just reset for me... and they are giving out hundreds of ISO. I just blew past 1000 iso and now have all of the progression rewards. i'm sitting pretty at number 2 so now it shouldn't be a problem to stay in the top 100 even if i don't do much tomorrow. I would honestly be happy with any of the top 100 prizes.

and now it seems fixed. But that's alright i'm up 1800 points.

Starrett fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Nov 24, 2013

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
Now their are no repeatable missions for me :(

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
I think my crazy point lead led to some unanticipated results. I went from 1st to 20th place with people having around 3k points now. And I don't have any missions that are repeatable so i'm stuck with what I had when i went to bed.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
So C-Storms green move maxed out is like the best move in the game. I used it in conjunction with Classic Grey Widow and Ragnorak. Use Ragnorak's red move twice to open and usually get a green cascade or a 5 match, which will allow me to use Storms green ability which basically leads to me taking infinite turns until everything is dead. I did this all of last night and nothing got a turn.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
Yea I made #2 (ugh) I got a nice looking IM40.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
I think you are confusing your Iron mans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
I don't get these Red Iso Events. I completed all events. The fights are all locked now and i'm in 259th place with people having over double my score! I can't even TRY to catch up. How is that possible?

Wait nevermind I see a green check mark and I can replay it!