Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

El_Funko posted:

Anyone know what time X/Y is available on the eShop?

Midnight eastern time, so 9pm pacific.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Oh if you grew up playing Red and Blue this game is a total nostalgia boner. My party involves a Mega venusaur, a Snorlax I had to wake up with a pokeflute, and I caught a wild eevee. A WILD EEVEE

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Has there been any word on how fast/slow battles are in X/Y compared to the older ones? I remember there being some concern over battles being way more slower-paced now that there are full 3-d models that have to act out attacks.

Someone in the previous thread told me that battles are suppose to be faster in this one. The only other Pokemon I played was Diamond, and battles in that were insanely slow.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Octolady posted:

Sorry if this has been cleared up before but can anyone confirm the number of SD blocks Pokemon takes up? I've heard its 14,000, in which case I'm going to need to do a significant tidy up cause I'm impatient :(

Ooh wow, I do not have that much space I think.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

notthegoatseguy posted:

SD cards are cheap if you can order them online. They're a loving rip off at most stores.

I just have to delete one game and i'm good, it turns out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Pokemon speedrunner and angry Australian extraordinaire Werster is streaming his first playthrough at the moment "until he passes out": http://www.twitch.tv/werster

It looks like he has a sped up battle option selected, and its pretty fast. That is good for those who are wondering.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What pokemon can be used as mounts?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Crosscontaminant posted:

None, by the definition you're implicitly using. Skiddo, Rhyhorn and Mamoswine can be ridden in specific areas to cross particular obstacles, and I believe Gogoat can be used to get around Lumiose?

Darn, maybe in future sequels they let you ride certain pokemon that you capture.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SirPhoebos posted:

No stores nearby doing a midnight release. :smith: I guess I'll have to wait 10 hours to join in on the fun.

That or encase myself in ice to avoid the wait.

If you know you are not going to go to a midnight release, then why not just eshop? :)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Macaluso posted:

Saw this on Tumblr. The best horde in the game?

That is surprisingly scary looking.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DoctorStrangelove posted:

40 minutes!

gently caress

This is a long rear end wait.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SpaceDrake posted:

Uh.

According to the website

http://www.pokemon.com/us/

It might actually be three more hours, unless it's basing it off the client's system clock in which case laffo

We'll find out in forty minutes or so, I guess!

Website clocks always base it off your region on your computer.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How did eshop handle the release of Animal Crossing?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

nerdbot posted:

Very well, I downloaded it in about...10 minutes at midnight. The worst I heard of it among my friends was 30 minutes.

Sweet, i'm not worried then.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

online posted:

~*oh my god one minute*~

Pretty excited about this release.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

gently caress, it's not letting me buy it yet.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh god the eshop is getting hammered really hard right now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Who lives on the west coast and is able to buy Pokemon right now? Just so we can confirm that west coast does not have to wait until midnight.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Daerc posted:

Vegas (PDT time zone) here and just purchased X on the eshop.

Okay excellent. Figured that would be the case, but just wanted to be sure. Thank you!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Can't even get on the eshop. :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was making progress with adding funds, now the 3ds wants me to turn off the system and try the eshop again. :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got the game purchased finally, but now it wont download.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Download failed as I was getting close to finishing. :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am really enjoying this game so far. Other than the controls, this is a really well polished rpg.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there a way to take the rollerblades off? Movement on these things couldn't be more annoying if it tried.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Use the D-pad instead.

Thank you, wouldn't have thought to try that actually. This is much easier now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My Honedge wants to learn Shadow Sneak. What should I replace? He has, Autotomize, Pursuit, Rock Smash, Metal Sound.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm dumb and didn't pay attention, where do I go after the 4th gym?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Champeenship posted:

Go to the power plant, which is under the 4th city gym, I think. After that, Go to not-Eiffel Tower in Luminose.

Is it at the place with the wind, and the pokemon that hide underground? I cannot find out where to go there.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Asnorban posted:

Is there any setting or reason that my in game clock continues to count up when my System is in sleep mode? I played for only a few hours yesterday but my save says 9 hours.

Do you have the wifi turned on? I think that's what is doing it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Asnorban posted:

I do. I'll try turning it off. Thanks.

Wifi kills the battery real fast anyways. :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Revol posted:

Yes. It's a really annoying flaw that I think is in the 3DS itself and not the game. Nintendo has made strides, but still doesn't quite know how to handle networking.

The whole point of sleep mode in mobile devices is to conserve battery life. That is why wifi turns off. It's like this in all mobile devices minus smartphones. It's not a flaw, it's intentional. Stress Passing still works because that's a pretty low power feature.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I beat gym 7 last night, but now I don't remember where I was told I needed to go.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My team so far;

Although honestly i've soloed 95% of the game with Delphox.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is it true that if I have a pokemon out that is going up against a wild pokemon that is a significantly lower level, I can just throw a pokeball out right away to capture it, even if its at full health?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Snorlax is a fat gently caress who took 15 years to finally stand up.

*fat shaming in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Where can I find the False Swipe TM?

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Oct 16, 2013

• Locked thread