Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Not sure where you guys are getting that they're hiding big public things in the MCU now via the SHIELD show. As there really hasn't been anything hidden that happened in public (beyond SHIELD's fuckups like the nuke thing I would guess)? The alien invasion was a known event and the public is aware of it, in fact they're celebrating the Avengers for saving the world. Via last night's episode, there's apparently a move on SHIELDs part to suggest powered people be careful about exposing themselves, but they're not trying to make the public think the big Avengers' spectacles haven't happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

drat Marvel. They're going all out. So that's one 13 episode season guaranteed for each one, and then an eventual mini-series team up for them all? Wonder if that will be one each year, or if they'll be closer together. Otherwise seems odd to get Daredevil first, then wait several years before he shows back up in the team up series.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Based on the news when this rumor was first reported last month, it was said to be a 60 episode order. So it looks like:

"Season" 1 - Daredevil: 13 episodes
"Season" 2 - Jessica Jones: 13 episodes
"Season" 3 - Iron Fist: 13 episodes
"Season" 4 - Luke Cage: 13 episodes
"Season" 5 - Defenders: 8 episodes

Teek fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Nov 7, 2013

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

If it proves popular, seems like they could do a season "2" of them, like another solo Daredevil, a Heroes for Hire one with the other three. Then maybe add a new round with one for Punisher and one for someone like Moon Knight.

So what I'm saying is, Sticky Fingaz for Blade season 2. :downs:

Teek fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Nov 7, 2013

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

McSpanky posted:

It's so awesome that Marvel's not only doing that but taking the idea even further, meanwhile DC is floundering to get more than one successful movie or television property on the screen in the same year :bang:

Hey now, on TV they have Green Arrow and will eventually have Flash... and possibly Hourman... Everyone loves Hourman.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

So who's the current fan dream casting wish for Kingpin? Chiklis?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Young Gordon cast for Gotham:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/02/08/ben-mckenzie-gotham/

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Jagermonster posted:

It is 100% clear that the writers/showrunners/whatever don't know who Skye's monster parents should be/don't have the authorization to pick some sort of Marvel cannon or invent new ones.

I'm not sure I agree with this. Having Mr. Skye be all bloody/oozy certainly seems to point the writers having something in mind for him. It's hard to backtrack on that and try to say something else was going on there later. "He's totally character _____, he just had a REALLY bad nosebleed back in the season 1 finale, pay it no more mind."

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

The every year thing for the Netflix series doesn't make much sense. Having them be on a 6 month rotation would seem to make more sense. Charlie Cox was cast in late May, with Daredevil airing 11 months later. Krysten Ritter was cast early December, going 11 months from then would be a November release of Jessica Jones, making it a 6 month release schedule. You maybe get Charlie Cox back for an episode in Jessica Jones, maybe a two-episode cameo in Luke Cage with another in Iron Fist. That keeps him around for 4-5 more random episodes and then you bring everyone back to start filming Defenders in fall of next year for a summer 2017 release.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

fatherboxx posted:

Tennant chews scenery like a goddamn Langolier, looking forward to see him play a comic book villain.

Looks like Purple Man is right up his alley. The infamous obligatory Secret Smile line of his:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoUdPin-dhU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Hellcat joins AKA Jessica Jones:

http://marvel.com/news/tv/24001/rachael_taylor_the_latest_to_join_marvels_aka_jessica_jones

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Hopefully this is setting up her role in Infinity War.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Carrie Anne Moss is joining Jessica Jones as "Harper". No idea if that's a stealth character name hide or if she's someone new. I don't think they've been hiding anyone's characters though in all these casting notices so far:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/328665-carrie-anne-moss-joins-marvels-a-k-a-jessica-jones

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

First Daredevil trailer will be released tomorrow:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/03/first-daredevil-footage-debuts-teaser-trailer-coming-wednesday-on-ign?abthid=54d108eb33c9e3d161000009

Small teaser released today.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Flash was good, but I'm not a fan of episodes where the shocking twists and turns are then negated immediately afterwards by time travel. The character death was heartbreaking and solid though.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I'm just wondering if anything will end up "sticking". We got the Captain being paralyzed, Cisco dying and the Flash/Iris reveal. Obviously Cisco won't die, but it would be nice if they don't backtrack on the other things. Especially the Flash/Iris reveal, since that brings horrible flashbacks to Smallville's continual "secret identity" non-reveals to mind.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

This looks like a real show instead of like a CW show, so it has that going for it.

And hey, it was filmed in NYC and not Vancouver or Toronto, so that has to count for something.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Barry Convex posted:

Grain of salt: Devin Faraci says he's "hearing very bad buzz on Daredevil." Granted, he's been pretty negative on the show and the rest of the Defenders project for a while, so we'll have to wait until the reviews hit (later this week, I think) to see how much of this is confirmation bias and how much is an accurate summary of critical opinion.

An important follow up from Mr. Faraci:

https://twitter.com/devincf/status/585630283883479040

"Look, those first four episodes everyone else is loving and we hated for some reason were nothing, it actually gets good with episode 5."

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Should have had Superman "killed" off by Doomsday before the series began. That way you keep him off the show and you could still explore whether she even feels worthy to carry on the mantle and what her being public means for exposing the word to more potential destruction.

If the show isn't tied to the movies or other TV series, then there's no reason not to utilize the existing mythos to explain why he is no longer around.

Teek fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 23, 2015

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Supergirl producers have said that there are no current plans for a crossover with the CW-verse characters but they aren't ruling it out altogether. For superheroes that will be making an appearance they specifically mentioned Red Tornado.

If they ever do a cross over, they should just do it as a multiverse story through Flash. That way you get the crossover, without the Superman thing now being introduced into the CW universe.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Dude, you should probably specify what episode you're going to be referring to before you spoil something.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Klungar posted:

They already had a flaming chain wielder last season that looked decent enough.

And technically the family of the character he was based on was tangentially related to Ghost Rider... kinda?

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Carter_Slade_(Earth-616)

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

A lot of similar names in the Marvel universe. In this case, Darkhold, not Darkforce.

http://marvel.com/universe/Darkhold

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Instead of Cap taking a sniper bullet, I could see him taking an arrow from Hawkeye, who is revealed as a Skrull. That then launches the next big phase for the MCU.

Surprised and impressed by Disney forking out the $$ for these series. Would like to also seem them possibly start exploring the darker, mystical side on their service. Roll out a Ghost Rider, Blade and Moonknight series on there.

Teek fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 19, 2018

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Interesting that they're sticking it under the HBO branding. Thought they might have gone for something new for the umbrella service. Guess HBO has a certain well known cachet.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Barry Convex posted:

I doubt anything will come of this given how vague the comments are and ABC’s history with Marvel projects, but you never know https://twitter.com/deadline/status/1215000299825291264?s=21

Time to bring back Peggy Carter for season 3! It's already the closest TV series to the movies. "Peggy Carter: Featuring Endgame's 'Jarvis'!"

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

That’s fantastic casting, wonder if they’ll add any additional D+ content to their slate since the reorganization happening at Disney. Maybe they’ll just reup Falcon and Winter Solider and some of the initial D+ for more seasons. Even with that number of shows the content doesn’t stretch that far, since apparently they seem to be short six episode seasons. I’m guessing they would at least like to get 5-6 live action MCU shows throughout the year. That way almost ever month in the year has new MCU content.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Bautista says he was never asked, some Disney guy says they asked but that maybe it was through an agent and it never got to Dave.

Agents probably thought it was for a Guardians cartoon or something, since one of those has been around for awhile I think.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Gavok posted:

Something I love about the first episode of Hawkeye is how annoyed he is at how the Rogers musical claims Ant-Man was there for the Battle of New York. It took me a while, but I realized that Ant-Man WAS there. Sort of. Someone probably saw him hanging out in an alley with Captain America and Iron Man, had no idea who he was, then years later went, "Wait, that's the guy I told you all about!"

I don't believe the version of the battle with Ant-Man present happened in the timeline we're viewing, so no rando in this reality could have seen him? That time line got pruned in Loki also fwiw, though I guess it could be back?...

As an in-joke to him being there though, it's clever and fun.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Gavok posted:

My current theory is that the Rolex belongs to Jack and he's actually working undercover. He and Clint are just pretending not to know each other.

One thing which hasn't been really explained, is *why* the Track Suit Mafia were specifically looking for it. Why would Maya even being looking for it? There was nothing initially to tie Ronin to Hawkeye until he started poking around. I don't think she started researching Clint's family until that happened.

If she and TSM had their doubts about their apparent boss Jack, and that watch has some vague or explicit tie to him, that might explain why they would try to obtain it.

Either way, it's still pretty weird that they would even be looking for the watch. I would think it has to be engraved with something to pique their interest.

I'm hopeful as well about Jack/Clint actually being buddies and him being undercover, but we're not getting any clear hints at that. One would think Laura would know Clint and Jack know each other if they do, but she really hasn't said anything about that. Especially after calling him out as the TSM boss.

Teek fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Dec 9, 2021

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

Any reputable source on that?

Original source is the trade magazine Production Weekly, which tracks movie/tv production cycles. They focus on the nuts and bolts side of the industry, and are seen as fairly legitimate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I'm seriously just mystified they're making a Wonder Man show before doing anything with the X-Men in live action, or like dozens of other properties they own.

Current "who knows if this is accurate or just dumb internet gossip" thought is that there are still a few lingering actor and producer contracts for all the people involved in the original Fox films. They're waiting on those to finish out in the next year or so to avoid having to pay those individuals. That makes a certain amount of legal and financial sense to be possible.