Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
So DOFP's "past" segment takes place in 1973 right? Early 70's sometime? So when you consider Wolverine Origins taking place in 1979 the age difference with Stryker really doesn't make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Donatello looks like he's hauling some gear with him too, nightvision goggles?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'm really pumped for some of the fight choreography in Winter Soldier. The cool up close knife fight we saw in the trailer was so hard to try and follow.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Any theories about the Japanese pop group they saw filming winter soldier in DC? Just remembered that video the other day.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hey at least he didn't link the basketball scene.

Suddenly Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner on the playground doesn't seem so bad.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Does Push count? I can't remember if that was a graphic novel first.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Dacap posted:

Paolo Rivera made a pretty sweet cast and crew poster for Cap 2

Can this get more attention? Is this available somewhere?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Why does Wolverine have adamantium claws in this movie? Didn't he lose them at the end of the Wolverine? So regardless of whether it's future or past Logan he should have bone claws, right?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

Half the time he will. When he is in his old body they will be bone, but when he is in his young they will be metal.

Did they just totally write off wolverine origins then? He gets his claws around 1980 or 82 I think in that one. Also if it'd be weird to have an even younger stryker around than the one who gave him his adamantium claws.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

The top he's wearing has a much nicer color scheme than the concept art showed, I'm not sure about those pants but I like the way they made him look. I didn't know filming was going to start already, so this will be awesome.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Waterhaul posted:

Both. Which is going to be just fun.

Has there been any info on whether or not they'll have them as magneto's kids in DoFP?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Dacap posted:

It's too bad Sunspot just has generic fire-guy fx. Has anyone tried to replicate Kirby dots as a special effect yet? When we inevitable get Darkseid in a movie it needs to happen.

I think the best we've got is just EMH doing really good kirby dots, but nothing live action AFAIK.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

That DoFP intro sounds crazy, and I'm still a little confused. Do Bishop and Kitty travel a few days/weeks/months into the past? Does that mean we get to see everyone die a second time? :ohdear:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Were there two credit scenes? I had to leave after the first one and heard there were two.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Not sure how talked about it's been, but the animation for the end credits was superb. I really loved it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

That was amazing writing compared to what they did to him in Ultimates vol. 3.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

muscles like this? posted:

Like a lot of movie costumes probably not very well and he takes it right off between takes.

I'm guessing when we first see starlord at the beginning of the movie, he's wearing that. It comes off shortly after, then he never puts it back on again. But yeah it looks very uncomfortable.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Electromax posted:

They're probably still skittish after Shaq bombed the role so badly.

Pretty sure you're referring to kazaam, very different movie.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I would assume for the Apocalypse one. Even if everything is reset after DoFP, it'll still be weird seeing gambit and wolverine interacting again (for the first time).

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Madkal posted:

My one issue with the costume, and it was a problem I had with the Nolan costumes too, is that the bat symbol is too similar in colour to the rest of the costume. I really wish it stood out more.

I agree with you on this, and in general I'm hoping it's not just one color. I love everything about this suit, but I'd like to see it in a photo that wasn't just a gray wash.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I am very okay with that poster. Bring it on, August.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Waterhaul posted:

What the hell is going on with Gamora's hand.

It's possible to hold your hand that way, however (for me at least) the strain it puts on your index finger really kills after a while.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

What kind of odds can we get on an X-base in Australia along with a Gateway appearance?

EDIT: Oh! And a table with everyone's face on it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Does this mean They don't want to involve the Kree too much? I thought Ronan worked for the Kree? I don't know too much space marvel though, so feel free to drop some knowledge on me.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I really hate the stupid one liners ET puts on their covers. It was hokey for the Mad Max cover and this is just awful.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

The Ultron-bot on the far right with a line saying "Domo Arigato"

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

What happened to Bucky-Cap?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Kind of late to this, but Renner was hilarious in National Lampoon's Senior Trip. If I remember correctly.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Did it? I thought they saved the internet and everything by the end of it all.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

A really likely way to do a non origin Strange movie would be the "average Joe/Jane" maneuver. Like Blade or Hellboy, just bring in a character to act as the viewer, and have them stumble into Strange's world. Now everything the character/viewer sees must be explained and voila.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

So any idea how long until someone deciphers what the license plate means? I mean, it's got to be some kind of "in joke" right?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I didn't see any faceless ghosts haunting Neeson in Taken.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Hoping to check out Big Hero 6 tonight, anyone had a chance to see it yet? I don't really know anything about it aside from the one trailer I've seen, so I'm pretty hopeful.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

The Stan Lee cameo in Big Hero 6 was pretty hilarious, and I noticed some other random things too (Hiro's cat has a picture of him wearing a stitch costume on the wall). The movie was great, it hit all the notes, and I had a fun time watching it. Did anyone else get the cool mini poster for the movie?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'm starting to wonder if Sony is just trying to poison the well before handing the bucket back to Marvel.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

redbackground posted:

Free time at work + Photoshop =

Isn't that the Apocalypse from X men Legends? I remember him being just as pouty.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Magik sent them both to hell.

Wait what? Ilyana is alive again? Man I am way out of touch the x-men.

Also Binary for the sequel.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Dacap posted:

Looks like they've made no real changes to the costume since Wright's test footage. I'm still surprised they didn't open up the helmet a bit, most of the comics versions have the mouth and eyes exposed.

I'm hoping we get a little flare of the O'Grady ant-man in Rudd's personality. That was a fun series to read.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Dream Wolverine movie - He finds X-23 and its a daddy daughter bonding film about cutting people up.

You could actually rework a lethal weapon script for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Have any upcoming marvel movies filmed or will be filming in Chicago?

• Locked thread