Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Nothing will ever top Wynn Duffy's various JESUS CCCCCCCCCCHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISTs in the s3 finale, also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Anybody making a Raising Hope thread? New season starts on friday with two episodes a week until winter break.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

precision posted:

I think I said before, but in theory I like what they did - you know, if I read the plot summary and was asked "Should we do this?" I would say "Definitely!"

Just something about the actual execution of it got on my nerves, and I don't really know why. Which is a shame, because I loved the show up until a certain point. Last season's finale was where I did seinfeld.gif and I haven't checked out this season yet at all.

I'm assuming you thought The Machine thinks it's a god and wants root to be it's messiah?

If so, that's not what happened AT ALL.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

STAC Goat posted:

So far the biggest boon to me watching Person of Interest is when I caught the end of an episode that introduced Sarah Shahi to the cast. I've enjoyed her in past things and I liked the feel of what I saw and didn't realize it even was Person of Interest until the episode ended. But I've heard she was a bit of a disappointment since joining the cast full time so that dampened my interest.

She's one of the best characters on the show and had an episode dedicated to her this season and it's up there as a contender for best episode of the show bar none.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Josh Lyman posted:

Just finished the first season of Person of Interest. Those of you who were skeptical should give it an honest go. Yes, Caveziel is mediocre at best, but the plotting more than makes up for him.

A few questions about stuff I missed during my watch through:

-Who is the Zoey person that Finch enlists to help them? I remember her from an earlier episode, but I feel like I may have forgotten how she was originally introduced.
-How was Elias introduced, and why would NYPD think John works for Elias?
-HR is supposed to be the dirty cop structure, and John asked Fusco to infiltrate them, right? How we were introduced to them?
-Who's the lady tracking down The Machine? I seem to recall her from a flashback.

Looking forward to more of Amy Acker. I've crushed on her since Angel. :allears:

1. Zoe Morgan is a fixer, another term might be freelance crisis management, she uncovers dirt about or for people and gets paid to either leak it out or keep it hidden.
2. The reason people think John works with Elias is because he saved him when they met without knowing who he was, and has then in one or two cases been forced to assists him in order to save another person(like in the baby episode.)
3. HR has technically been around since the start, since its implied thats who Fusco worked for before, but they are named and formally introduced in the ep where John forced Fusco to go undercover.
4. Root is the woman who tried to frame that one unemployed guy for the murder of a politician, you don't see her in ep 13, her intro ep, but you learn her name and know that she knows who Harold is. EDIT: unless you mean Alicia Corwin, she was one of the people who Harold and Nathan sold the machine to, she worked for the NSA before going off the grid.

Feel free to direct any future questions to the poi thread where there's plenty of people who are happy to get you all knowledged up.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 14, 2013

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Manos del Sino posted:

I thought Supernatural's whole "Wincest" thing was just what people wanted to see, and not something that actually existed. Ever. In the slightest.

Sure, in the later seasons, the "gay" is played up between certain characters for comedic value and as a jab at desperate fans, but I never saw any of that in the first few seasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke6ekjknw64

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Sorry for your loss, Deadpool, we'll behave in your absence.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

This week of television may well be the death of me.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Manos del Sino posted:

Burn notice suffers very much from the "every episode is basically the same" problem. The cast is mostly enjoyable enough that I was able to sit through five seasons of it before burning out, but eventually I got tired of the sameness of it all.

Similar patterns keep repeating as well, such as Fiona pulling her "I want more!" then withdrawing B.S. And the mom is completely insufferable.

But anyway, if you like the cast and the formula, it's worth going back to. I'm sure I'll eventually get around to finishing the series once enough time has passed.

It's all worth it for the episode where Michael convinces a guy hes the loving devil.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Kai Tave posted:

Guess what I'm watching right now :v:

Beyond the Everest of bad TV that is those episodes the show becomes something really special, you won't be disappointed.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

JediTalentAgent posted:

I do admit that I ended up watching Queen's Blade just because I couldn't tell if it was seriously earnest or a satire, but I still don't know what the intent was. That'll haunt me forver.

Hmmm, is this anime lady's chestplate falling off to reveal her huge knockers satirical? I must investigate further.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Chuck was never good and Adam Baldwin may be the worst human being in Hollywood.

(also Deadpool please check your pms.)

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Also I was being honest in my opinion earlier re: Adam Baldwin.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

This thread has become the abyss that stares back into you.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Submissions are open in the TVIV Poll thread. Get your Lists on, TV goons.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Ubiquitous_ posted:

This is the only truth.

Also, Enlightened is only depressing in some episodes -- Season 2 is by far one of the most optimistic shows of this decade. It's a panacea to the current trend of anti-heroes and dark critiques of society by providing quite a lot of hope.

Hello noted banned rapist Azure Horizon, how have you been?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Josh Lyman posted:

If you're going to attack me, at least reference posts I actually made. Azure_Horizon was Max and I was Penny. As in, the Year of Penny Josh Lyman. :colbert:

ah yes, when you hijacked the Happy Endings thread to turn it into your live journal of stalking a bartender, I remember it well.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Cart posted:

Posting from the Awful app, missed that one!

Topic change: Since we're on crime, does Justified have the best dialogue on TV?

The real tricky question is which Justified character has the best lines?(It's Boyd)

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Rabbit Hill posted:

I've never seen a show do that so well as Alphas did. If Persons of Interest comes anywhere close, I know I'll enjoy it.

You are in for one hell of a treat.

Also feel free to come talk about your catching up in the PoI thread, we are on hiatus for a few weeks so it'll be good fun for all of us.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Dec 23, 2013

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

precision posted:

Since basically nobody other than me and Deadpool have even mentioned Rectify in the poll thread, let me show you something:

http://youtu.be/JYTuzGTpdTY?t=6m25s

If that doesn't convince you, I don't know what you want in your depths of your ignorance from me.

drat, I'm sold.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

OH NO THEY FOUND OUT WHERE IRISH JOE WORKS.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Hey I'm 4 eps into Rectify and my immersion is ruined because that is NOT the green hill zone music playing when Daniel is playing sonic at the start.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Hey precision I finished Rectify. It's just barely off my list this year but i'll def make sure to put it in advance consideration for next year when S2 rolls around.

drat good show though, absolutely heartwrenching and surreal.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Cactus posted:

I've been catching up on Person of Interest and am about halfway through season 2. Bear rules.

One thing I've been thinking, and I've no idea if the story has since moved in this direction or not, but based on what has been said so far I can't shake the suspicion that it's moving towards some kind of depiction of the Technological Singularity happening, only on a typically sci-fi escalated timescale, i.e. the next few years rather than the next few hundred years (if it even ever happens at all).

I don't want to go into the thread yet for obvious reasons, but am I completely off-base here or is that a reasonable speculation to make at this point?

What the hell has been up with these forums for the last day or so? Loadings are sloooow.

Forums are undergoing random DDOS attacks.

Also I think you are really gonna enjoy how the rest of season 2 plays out.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Cactus posted:

That's a Jenna Jameson quote isn't it?

With regards to PoI, I can see why people here go apeshit over it; it's a really great show. I'm still uncertain as to whether one of the main protagonists is going to turn out to be the main antagonist - or even if those terms are supposed to end up being meaningless once all is said and done. I mean, look at what is going on in real life with regards to surveillance; who are the "goodies" and who are the "baddies"? ...yeah.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable :tviv: moment.

Which episode are you on? Given your wording it sounds like you just got past ep 13 of s2, but I could be wrong.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jan 1, 2014

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

If I had Heart by Fever Ray, the following track is Down Boy Down by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

Edit: Episode 2x16 has my favorite song use in the whole show, it's also a huge gamechanger episode and my favorite of s2.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'm about to finish Spartacus and it's a drat shame I never watched this show until the last week of 2013, because had I finished in time it would definitely have made my top ten list. Letting these last handful of episodes breathe a bit in between viewings, now that the end draws near :smith:.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I just finished Spartacus and I need a loving drink and to open a window cause it's so loving dusty in here. :smith:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

bobkatt013 posted:

Did you watch all the credits of the last episode?

I did, Andy at the end :unsmith:.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Yeah the Chance family on Raising hope are fundamentally good people, they are just poor and have to deal with that. Burt and Virginia were lovely parents but they are making up for it as grandparents.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

At the very least the finale of Go On felt like it was pretty much all closure. It's still a shame to see such a special show die young :(

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Supernatural also does, for my money, the absolute best comedy episodes for a non comedy show. Every single one of them could go toe to toe with some of the best sitcoms.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

PriorMarcus posted:

Where did BrooklynBruiser go?

Check your PMs.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

ChickenMedium posted:

I'm imagining a show about a dangerous outbreak of ghost herpes and refuse to be disabused of the notion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovGlA3s0dH4

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

That's certainly one way to do an Elementary prequel.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

It's just a version of the dude from No Country for Old Men dropped into the Fargo style world, stop over analyzing things.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Just wanna let you UK goons know that UK netflix has the first two season of Person of Interest up if you were interested by it but skipped it cause its a pain and the rear end to catch up to. I'll defer to DP and Occ to ramble about posting guides for it. Thank you that is all bye.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Rarity I just want you to know I didn't endorse this. RIP Occupation.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Mu Zeta posted:

Does Khaleesi invade with her dragons in book 4, 5 or 6? Or 7?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Sucks to see you go, Deadpool, the LMS and Review Game Threads are some of the most fun I've had on this subforum. Hopefully your successor is as rad.

• Locked thread