Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Occupation posted:

You're a Yankees fan

I dunno. Both of those teams are pretty loving hate-able.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Irish Joe posted:

Is Luke Cage a good black series? And so on.

Hahaha

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Bound 2 is amazing and that video is even better. Cause it's Kanye premiering that on the loving Ellen Degeneres show, and not giving a gently caress.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Did the Korra thread have to come back. I think it fit in nicely over there

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Sophia posted:

Korra is sketch comedy. Sleepy Hollow is an anime. Scandal is a superhero genre show. SNL is an anti-hero drama. And Parks and Recreation is a supernatural thriller.

In all honesty it would actually be kind of cool if shows did a Secret Santa genre swap at the holidays just for fun.

Would watch the poo poo out of this.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I mean technically going towards 0 is approaching negative.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

On the Surface Heroes Reborn isn't a bad idea. Make a couple of 12 episode miniseries, with completely new casts(I mean besides Ali Larter) each series and tell a short story. And as long as they promote it like "We hosed up, this time we are doing it more like season one" It will probably cause people to give it at least 1-2 Episodes.

I mean it's not going to end up that way. And Will more than likely be terrible. But I can't fault NBC for trying. Heroes was pretty big overseas even as it lost ratings here.

Plus what is Ali Larter doing nowadays anyway.

Cardboard Box A posted:

Imagine a show so bad it actually turns people off of TV/your network altogether. As in it produces a net loss of viewers for other shows.

Arrow is probably to blame for convincing the execs that Superheroes on TV can be a thing again... and then someone said "hey don't we own a Superhero franchise" and no one chimed in with "Yeah we do... THE CAPE" before some idiot mentioned Heroes first.

Think about it NBC, The Cape Reborn is your answer to Arrow.

I mean Arrow's great and all, but I'm pretty sure that's not why they are doing it. It's probably more "We have absolutely nothing in the pipeline that we have any faith in, Quick lets bring back something that was pretty good for us."

Dexo fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Feb 23, 2014

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

zoux posted:

Haha yeah you aren't kidding about that Tatu fight:

CAUTION EPIC SPOILERS FOR TV MASTERPIECE BIRDS OF PREY FOLLOW:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kda9_RDHwM4

Gotham has some big shoes to fill...

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

zoux posted:

Ruh roh Gotham sounds Real Bad. (if it's a real script, which I believe because it's funnier if it's true)

I'm spoiling this even though I have no respect for people who get mad about baby town frolics spoilers like this:

Know that if you are glad I did that I hold you in contempt.

:allears:

Looks like it will live up to Birds of Prey

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

zoux posted:

List of comic book properties made into TV shows that didn't completely suck. I don't mean not very good, I mean, complete trainwreck disaster of a show:

1. Arrow
2.???????????????????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPX-FX0KStE

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

precision posted:

Well... So the goony computer guy that created the nanobots, who some people are thinking of as "God" and who have AI and so forth, he rewrites their code to give God a virus essentially. Then suddenly Aaron wakes up in a 2014 that's noticeably more modern than our own, and in the previews he insists that he was in a world where the power had gone out and nobody believes him, including the other characters on the show. So who knows what the gently caress is happening, it's crazy.

*Queue's up Revolution*

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

I'm not sure how much conflict there can be on the show after she sues her doctor for millions of dollars.

Pretty sure millions is understating it. Hundreds of Millions is probably a bit closer. That Hospital would be fuuuucked.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Irish Joe posted:

I love all the guys getting upset at this show when being blamelessly pregnant is the wet dream of every young girl on the planet.

Whew, almost made a serious post then looked at the username.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Deadpool posted:

If I could make gifs thread titles I would rename every thread in this forum right now.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

cool kids inc. posted:

As someone with only passing knowledge of the original, why the hell is Sailor Venus holding anal beads?

Don't kink shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

MrAristocrates posted:

I really wonder what the writers think they're doing. Because even assuming the people who sperg about SYMBOLISM in the thread are right, not just about this but about other things like BMO being a metaphor for transsexuals, it doesn't actually add anything. It just shows a massive misassumption about who they think the show should be for. Making a children's show with mature themes is fine but not when you bury those themes so deeply in silly jokes and abstractions that I can't imagine children getting anything they're trying to say. They've made a kid's show kids can't even understand.

Children aren't supposed to get those jokes, those jokes are specifically for adults who are watching those shows with their kids(Or Goons)

The Children when they are older will then look back and realize that those jokes went completely over their head.

I've rewatched some of Rocko's Modern Life recently and some of those jokes are great.

• Locked thread