Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The Star Trekkinest video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCARADb9asE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Thom12255 posted:

Does anyone else really enjoy Vic Fontaine's singing on DS9? His screentime gets a lot of criticism but his voice is so smooth.

I do.

James Darren, the actor, released an album of Sinatra songs (is Sinatra a genre?) called This One's from the Heart with the full versions of pretty much all the songs he did on DS9. It's really quite good. It's regrettable it doesn't feature Avery Brooks though.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Hyperriker posted:

Free of the 'No. Watch it for completeness' ball and chain, we can rejoice!

The thing that hit me the most about the JJ movies, moreso Into Darkness because 2009 was just there to set the stage, is how there's just jack gently caress-all in there that's original. Almost every scene, you just look at it and it's lifted and copypasted from something that's already happened. Take that warp chase in the OP, it's just straight from Nemesis. Surgery on a torpedo. Giving your life to get main power back.

The scenes that are original are almost entirely pointless. Khan killing a bunch of Klingons just went on and on and on. Nobody at any point in the flying-through-debris scene thought that either of them weren't gonna get to the other side. KRONOS (why the gently caress not just spell it correctly? What's the point of such a minor deviation?). The Evil Guy Explains His Motives scene was loving awful, could barely keep up with Khan's dialogue.

Also they teased the Klingon threat almost the entire way through the buildup to the film's release and what we got were basically a bunch of Firefly's Reavers flying in a styleless tin bucket and dying immediately at the hands of one guy. What the gently caress, man.

e: as far as Voyager goes, Equinox and also Year of Hell

Into Darkness, like most summer blockbusters, just feels like a collection of visually impressive set pieces. At some point someone made an attempt to string them together into a coherent story, and did the best with what they had to work with.

Why is the Enterprise underwater? To look badass when it comes out.
Why does Khan go to Kronos? To look badass killing Klingons. (and provide a hook for the sequel, the highest priority of any summer movie)
Why does a secretive spy agency have a giant fuckoff Negaprise? To look badass in a standoff against the normal Enterprise.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The talk about Babylon 5 space battles was enough to finally get me to give it a try. One of my favorite things about BSG were the battles in the pilot, with Adama looking at the 3d radar thing and barking commands about pitch and yaw and poo poo. So much better than in Star Trek where they pilot while staring at what amounts to little more than an HD backup cam from a luxury sedan, and look like they're waiting for just the right moment before yelling "Fire!"

It's a shame that never made it past the BSG pilot though.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The Doctor and Bones were both really great, but one of the best things BSG has going for it is they have the best loving space doctor to ever doctor in space. Doc Cottle supremacy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvB4tTwhQXI

Not the best clip, but youtube is woefully lacking in Cottle.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Well, I'm sure he wanted to remove all those episodes which painted the Ferengi as not possessing genitals which provide insane amounts of pleasure to human women.

Thanks God, at least DS9 is safe.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

I more or less agree with you on how other races view the federation, but I don't see what that has to do with "inalienable human rights" being an eyerollingly stupid thing to put in the movie. The Klingons, and most every other race manage to be interesting foils without resorting to a 500 year old lazy translation. This would be an incredibly dumb scene even if it was the Romulans or Carassians or some race that actually cares about technicalities and the preciseness of language, but this is the loving Klingons, who are supposed to be all about honor and deeds above words and poo poo.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Sanguinia posted:

Well for one thing, these aren't the typical Klingons who were making the point, they were the political elite, the movers and shakers who recognize that words do matter. Martok and Gowron certainly weren't above things like wordplay and political games.

As far as the rest, like I said, in the end it comes down to the simple fact that "human rights," may not be the same thing as Klingon Rights. Humans have a history of being openly hostile to certain beliefs that Klingons hold as sacred as the right to life or freedom of thought. Saying "We can all agree that everyone should have their basic human rights," is an implicit dismissal of rights that Klingons might insist belong on that list but know that humans won't brook being in the old Federation charter. Like the right to gut your own brother like a fish because he asked you. Worf almost got thrown out of Starfleet and into prison for that one.

Since I've never seen all the TOS, and tend to think of The Federation from a TNG perspective, it doesn't seem like the Federation is all about pushing human rights and culture all over every one at all. They seem to respect all sorts of outlandish 'rights' of various other powers, Klingons included. The Federation doesn't object or say anything about Klingon honor murder, or Carassian interogation techniques, or Ferengi, well, anything. I always thought the Federation seemed 90% human just due to budget constraints, but who knows, maybe really were supposed to dominate it. They don't really get into cultures after they have joined the Federation much, but there was no indication Bajor was giving up much when they were joining. Having just watched the movie again (I've been jonesing for a TOS Movie anyways), it really feels like Chekov said something inconsistent just so the writers could have the Klingons to take offense.

The example of Worf is bad though. Klingons continue to exercise their 'Klingon rights' and continue to kill each other right and left over honor in the Klingon Empire, without a peep from their Federation allies. Worf, however, was a federation citizen inside federation territory*, and serving in the god drat federation (non)military. So no, he doesn't get to do things that are illegal in the federation just because he's a Klingon. No more than an expat from Yemen living in America gets to honor kill his cheating wife just because of his 'Yemenis rights'.

*You can argue that DS9 was a Bajoran station, but it's a safe bet that Bajor has a 'no murdering your brother' law on the books somewhere too. That doesn't sound like a thing the prophets would be cool with.

kelvron posted:

My father is still with me, but I have great difficulty watching that episode. Unfortunately, the best way I can explain it to people is to invoke "Jurassic Bark". They both tugged on my heartstrings of loss, but for different reasons.

I always thought The Visitor was a good episode, but it never bothered me that much until my own Dad almost died and I had to seriously think about what life might be like without him. Now I absolutely refuse to watch it, I know it would kill me.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Whalley posted:

Quark is honestly one of the best characters in DS9, a show full of really good characters. Every time someone criticizes him for acting like a Ferengi, it comes across as really kind of racist. Like, you guys are choosing to hang out with the profit-hungry Ferengi, don't roll your eyes at him for saying something about profits. It would be like if all the other characters constantly rolled their eyes at Sisko's African masks, or Kira's religious beliefs. No wonder the Ferengi don't really trust the Federation, they're a constant target of scorn despite outright saying "whoa now we never did some of the barbaric poo poo you hoo-mons have done in your past, drat."

Odo's the only one who could reasonably get away with it, seeing as the first two or three seasons, he responds to anything anyone says with a roll of his eyes and a muttering about "solids." He's already racist.

We've talked about the oomox vs genocide thing in these threads before. The problem is there are tons of people on these forums that are only capable of viewing moral issues in complete absolutes. Tricking an employee to rubbing your ears (which, while pleasurable isn't actually related to ferengi sex) is immoral. Selling the means to commit genocide on millions of people is immoral. Therefor, both of these things are exactly the same and should be responded to in equal amount of repulsion.

I don't think the starfleet response to him selling weapons was all that harsh really. His bar was boycotted for awhile sure, but after he quit, it was all forgiven and back to business as usual.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I thought for sure they mentioned during S1 how Worf was the only Klingon ever to join Starfleet. If they're members, they're like, lazy, lovely members.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Remember that ring-shaped Enterprise? Well, you can buy a model of it now.

If you're fast.

And have $1500.

I'm pretty sure that's just an early human ripoff of Vulcan designs of the time. Also, the ring is where the warp nacelles are, and don't look like they're occupied at all, so no centrifugal force for you. The thing about vomiting is interesting, does the same apply to those carnival rides that do basically the same thing?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

jng2058 posted:

And at the battle in "Sacrifice of Angels"? Where there are like two whole Fleets involved? Why was Sisko in charge then? I don't think the political preferences of a neutral power when DS9 isn't under Federation control should entitle Captain Sisko to command a fleet! That's literally what an admiral's job is...to lead a fleet!

Now obviously from a dramatic standpoint it was to make sure the characters and actors we're following are the ones making the critical decisions. Law of Drama and all that.

But in-universe it shows that Starfleet Admirals can't do their only real job...you need a Captain in charge. For that matter, let's go back to Picard during "Redemption Part II". Starfleet needs a taskforce to eliminate Romulan interference in the Klingon Civil War. Is there an Admiral on-site and in charge? Nope. Senior Captain, in this case Picard, is in charge. Same thing in Nemesis. Picard gets assigned to run the task force to stop the Scimitar, not an Admiral.

The only times you see an Admiral in battle are the guy who gets killed at Wolf 359, and Ross at the Battle of Cardassia at the end of the war, and he ends up deferring to Sisko every time there's a question of what to do.

As far as all the evidence shows, Starfleet Admirals are bureaucrats and paper-pushers, while Captains are the ones with the real authority to get poo poo done.

The answer is always because it's a better narrative. This is a rabbit hole you really don't want to go down, cause once you get started everything that takes place in Star Trek will fall apart. Why does the guy who specializes in pushing the 'fire torpedo' button on the bridge in charge of taking point on dangerous away missions? Why would the communications position on the flagship of the federation fleet be alternately filled by the newly minted ship station's councilor and the rookie cadet who hasn't graduated from the academy yet? Why does the captain who runs the most vital military position in the quadrant, who is also the fleet commander and in charge of most of the strategic planning randomly run off to various supply missions in his flagship? There really could be no end to these questions. The answer is always the narrative, and the more you think about it the worse it gets.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Every time a billionaire dies, his or her unearned wealth is equally redistributed and the world gets a little better.

I vote we talk about something more realistic and likely to happen, like actual FTL travel.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Bucswabe posted:

My absolute favourite workplace safety hazard in Star Trek was when that first Borg drone beamed into engineering. The first line of defense was sending that rookie yellow shirt security guy to go grab the Borg, and he promptly gets thrown across the room. Is there a right to refuse unsafe work when viable alternatives include lasers and force fields?

That's such a great 'the poo poo rolls downhill' scene. Picard signals to Worf to take care of it, who then signals to Rookie McYellowshirt to take care of it. Not with his phaser, but by actually walking over there and physically restraining the space zombie. Only after that fails then Worf decides to shoot it.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The problem is Voyager does a poo poo job defining sentience. The Doctor is a hologram and he's real cause magic or whatever, and therefore deserves the same rights as an any other lifeform. That doesn't apply to any other holodeck characters though (until the writers have a dry spell and they suddenly decide that it does). If B'elanna is a murderer (:rolleyes:) then Paris should be spending more time in the brig for assault and mutilation for that one time he replaced a character's head with someone else's head in Tuvok's holoprogram. Hell, for that matter Paris should be charged with sexual slavery when he created Tuvok's wife for the soul purpose of getting sexed up. Worf's training program makes him literally a serial killer.

If I recall that episode correctly, B'elanna just added a bunch of random variables to the existing program, it's not like she meticulously planned out the detailed death of his child. Plus she did it with his permission.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

No, they are. Tasha Yar died a pretty stupid loving death, and her daughter wasn't much smarter.

And Tom Paris, well, he's a convicted murderer and a traitor who signed up with Starfleet to hunt down his former comrades in exchange for nebulous rewards. Blondes are dumb as poo poo.

What the hell are you talking about? I knew the cast of Voyager wasn't great, but apparently they're all murderers tonight. He washed out of Starfleet and hooked up with the Maquis for money/to piss off his dad, and then sold them out as soon as he got arrested.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
On the Vulcan version of SA, I like to imagine there are a bunch of Vulcans posting "God Sarak, that human woman is barely even 25, you loving pedo!" :pedo:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The Kazon were an enslaved race. The only reason they're not living in huts is because they rebelled and killed their former masters, and stole their ships. They barely know how to pilot them.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I think Seven's cat suit was originally supposed to serve a purpose. Like she needed it because her skin and something technobabble borg implants something. It's still dumb though.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Flesh and Blood sucked because "hologram rights" was the dumbest non-lizard related thing to come out of Voyager.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

His dad told him to just hit the weight room and do some curls whenever he felt "pent up". After those Orion sex slaves were on board, Travis had the biggest biceps in the galaxy.

Only his right one.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Slamhound posted:

Threshold is unfairly maligned as absolute poo poo for it's lizard plot, but those criticisms are objectively wrong and honestly hurtful; Jayneway and Paris turn into amphibians, not lizards.

How do you know I wasn't talking about some other episode huh? Like that dinosaur one?

I wasn't, I was totally talking about Threshold. I would like to apologize to the lizard community for unfairly associating them with this episode.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'm not usually in a hurry to defend Brannon but, keep in mind you're talking about a second hand account that was written in something called "Sexual Generations" that is available (presumably) only on Google Books. That sounds about as reliable as fanfiction. Sorry to crap on your fun though.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Otisburg posted:

I feel kind of bummed we didn't get a Mirror TNG episode. Would mirror Riker just have bitchin' mutron chops?

Too easy.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
If we wanted to create a short list of episodes that represent or summarize DS9, by god there better some more Garak up in that poo poo. Improbable Cause and The Die is Cast, as well as In Purgatory's Shadow and By Inferno's Light are some of my favorite episodes. Or the Wire. Or Caradassians. Or Our Man Bashir. Just include every Garak episode.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I remember when I was a kid seeing tv commercials for NASCAR, it was stupid booming announcer voice guy saying poo poo over 30 seconds of constant car wrecks. I'm sure those commercials got it wrong though, and fans just really enjoy the tight maneuvering and left turns, not the horrendous wrecks.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Vagabundo posted:

Also, if hew-mon sports get exported to other species, the Vulcans will really take to cricket, the Klingons will love rugby union and the Nausicans will probably enjoy rugby league.

Everyone knows that the Nausicans favorite hew-mon sport is darts.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Fluidic Space is probably the dumbest thing Voyager invented, right up there with Threshold. Even a single square light year of pure liquid would be enough to break physics.

Speaking of everyone's favorite Voyager episode, while looking up fluidic space, I saw this. Oh Memory Alpha :allears:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The fact that they specifically call out the Kazon as not worthy of assimilation implies that every other race (except the Kazon) has something useful to offer. Some bit of unique technology that makes them just a bit more efficient, a little closer to whatever the concept of borg perfection is. I guess it was never specifically mentioned, but I always assumed it was the borg intention to expand indefinitely. What else would they do? Be as efficient as possible while living peacefully in the delta quadrant?

Also, gently caress the Kazon. This is important.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Farecoal posted:

If only all Star Trek fistfights could have been as well choreographed and intense as the one in A Matter of Honor. Could you guys imagine every DS9 fight scene being that good? :sigh:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I think it was in the last thread that we talked about this, but you don't even need warp capable missiles. Full impulse is (depending on the era/source) between 0.3C and 0.6C, just a regular shuttle going full impulse and smashing into the surface would render a planet uninhabitable.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Otisburg posted:

Didn't Enterprise set up like to make a big deal out of the first photon torpedo fired in anger literally bouncing off the enemy shields and exploding like a wet fart? I seem to remember that being a cute bit.

That wasn't a photon torpedo, that was like a old WW2 shell or something else embarrassingly out dated.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
My two favorite Star Trek ships have always been the Defiant and NX01.

I understand not needing a ship to be aerodynamic, and it can be really challenging to come up with something that looks cool without being aerodynamic, but I've never been a fan of the 'general' Enterprise design, with two hulls and nacelles that stuck out on little spindly pillars. There are plenty of problems with this design that are dumber than being aerodynamic in space. Why are there two hulls? It makes no sense. I'd say it was for Roddenberry's weird insistence that the Ent-D can separate, but it's the same shape on the original. I know they move around in turbolifts (At least in the D), but getting around on ships that shape must be a bitch. And there are so many blatant structural weak points. Considering how many times the ships end up in extreme structural stress, or even take damage in battle, they'd be concerned about someone blowing off a nacelle, or focusing fire on the slender 'neck' of the ship and breaking it in half.

Edit: I forgot the original thing I came to post about. I watched The First Duty today, and was completely distracted by the fact that Wesley's dorm room door has a loving doorknob. And people knock on it. And he walks over and holds the door open for people when he wants them to leave. And no one thinks this is weird. Why does Wesley have literally the only remaining doorknob in the universe? I guess Sisko's Restaurant has an old timey door too, but that seems to fit into the old timey theme of the place. Federation colonists living on the barest of essentials in the loving DMZ have sliding future doors, but Star Fleet academy hasn't had a chance to update their building since before WW3?

counterfeitsaint fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 20, 2013

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Azurrat posted:

Obviously the only logical way to construct a ship of that size would be to have several redundant systems, with the most vital components stored in the center of the ship itself. To facilitate this, perhaps some sort of cubic or spherical shape would work best, as it would give equal amount of protection from all possible angles of attack.

Pleasing aesthetics are irrelevant.

Surely there can be some kind of happy medium between the two? Like, maybe, the Defiant? Are you saying a secondary hull exists only for a pleasing aesthetic? I realize it's subjective, but I haven't seen anyone post that they immediately loved it when first seeing it. Most of the praise for Trek ships in the last page or two seems entirely nostalgic to me, i.e. 'I hated it at first, but now it's cool/at least ok'

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
When you have a mysterious scary-as-loving enemy there's really nothing you can do to stop them from getting less scary and less interesting every time they were featured. Moore was right not to show them in DS9.

Theme song chat comes up in every thread (so does everything else, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that), and I never understand it. When was the last time any of you watched the full opening credits of a star trek episode? Hell, I don't even remember what Faith of the Heart sounds like past the first 5 seconds, I think I listened to the whole thing all of twice.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Shibawanko posted:

I tried to watch Voyager a few months ago but couldn't. I think the biggest problem is actually the lack of sex - in the abstract, the utter absence of a libidinal economy, of desire and complexes and whatnot. They threw in Seven of Nine because they somehow felt that there was a need for sexuality in that show, but didn't want to actually create relationships between characters, so instead they just cast someone who looked sexy rather than acted that way. Such a boorishly phallic, pointless show. It's really weird to think that something like that was able to get prime time slots and whatnot, but I'm sure that's been discussed a hundred times. The only interesting episode was that time warp planet.

DS9 was all about fuckin'. Most characters have a visible struggle with how they relate to the world.

In Enterprise the sex was there but didn't feel genuine. There was no logical reason for T'Pol and Tucker to do it other than the massages, but there was no believable reason for them to desire each other.

What was phallic about Voyager? Besides Janeway's massive dong I mean.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Bicyclops posted:

To be honest, a lot of it is probably that when they do give Gates McFadden something to work with, she doesn't exactly have the acting chops to carry it, although I guess I have a similar problem with Frakes. At least once they let Marina Sirtis stop trying to talk in her made-up accent, she could kind of hold her own.

Gates McFadden is the only Star Trek actor with the acting chops to masturbate on screen. I don't see Sir Patrick rubbing one out to Vedic Berile a scottish ghost candle. :colbert:

Also, who names their kid Gates anyways?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Sash! posted:

Space-Dog is the wallpaper on my work computer. I have two monitors, so double Space-Dog action going on.

Oh, and we had some sort of safety fair and we could take a picture of a loved one in and they'd laminate it, so that we could put it on our lanyard with some sort of "I Work Safely Because of:" message.

Yeah. Spock and Space-Dog is on mine.

Left monitor is the evil one, and right monitor is the placid, timid one.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Not really spoilers, just clarifying:

The orbs give you visions, which frequently involve people you know, that doesn't mean the actual people were there, or had any control over what the orb showed you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Writer Cath posted:

Seska was the dumbest Cardassian in the world. Most of them are shown to be brilliant and conniving and she chose to hitch her wagon to the Kazon. Her mental spoon was too small. No wonder she was given that assignment.

I think probably the only good line Chakotay had in that show was "Was anyone on my ship actually working for me?" He really was the worst Maquis ever.

• Locked thread