Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Yo

Where is my man Trey Burton?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Sadly burton doesn't have a real nfl position but he's an awesome utility guy. 6'3 225 lbs runs in the 4.59 range and not only has great hands but can throw block and rush the ball when needed.

Awesome op Bewbies. Miami is going to be staring down tackles and guards this year. Again. Also so many players with one year contracts we won't know their other places of need til week 14 or so. As it stands I think we try to lock up Brent grimes for 3 years he has been great for us.

I see Burton declaring as a TE.

I see a smart team drafting him and being happy.

It won't be us :(

oh god he's gonna be a Patriot

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Too small and bad blocker. Wait a minute I said this exact thing last year about Jordan reed didn't i

;)

You also could have said that about Hernandez, who is only 6'1".

I love Burton. If he was part of a competent offense, he'd be discussed more as a legit NFL prospect.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

Did Dion Jordan bust or does he still have the potential to be useful for the Dolphins?

Missed almost the entire offseason and some game time with his shoulder.

He'll be good when Miami moves him to LB permanently.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Teddy declaring

@teddyb_h2o: Sacrificed a lot of personal glory for the people around me because I I've always been apart of something bigger than me. It's my time now.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

what is an intangible

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Yeah but Teddy took a dump on Florida last year.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I wish he'd go to Houston to play with JJ Watt. Have a feeling they take Bridgewater :(

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'd be so upset if my team needed a QB and drafted Tajh Boyd.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Former #1 recruit in the country Ronald Powell has declared for the draft. Doesn't seem like a great idea, but hey. He played really well for like half a year, tore his ACL in 2012, and played okay this year.

I guess I don't blame him because of the injury history, but man, he could come back for his senior year and greatly improve his draft position.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

PrinceRandom posted:

Dolphins fans aren't happy with Tannehill? :(

Eh? Where did that come from?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Im hearing a whole bunch of stupid chatter about Philly going after Dion Jordan when Miami hires their new GM?

As far as I can tell this is all because of a dumb thing Armando tweeted out that had no basis in reality.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Toymachine posted:

To be honest everyone, including Packers fans, thought Rodgers was a huge bust in the Favre days.

I don't remember this at all.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Aaron Rodgers first year starting:

4038 yards
28 TD / 13 INT
93.8 QB Rating

Yeah they went 6-10, but his play shouldn't have been cause for concern. If Packers fans were freaking out, then they were dumb.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Alouicious posted:

You are literally the only person I've ever seen bring this up and you do it every time Greg Hardy is mentioned and I have never once heard Cam Wake referred to as the Kraken so please loving stop

Google Cameron Wake Kraken.

It's a thing.

But I don't use it because I don't like nicknames.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ozu posted:

So Prince Shembo officially admits he was the guy in the Lizzy Seeburg rape/suicide. Does he even get drafted? Would you feel shame if it was your team?

What exactly happened in that situation? All I know is - Lizzy Seeberg said that Prince Shembo sexually assaulted her, she got a text from somebody that said something like "Don't mess with Notre Dame football!" and then she overdosed on prescription meds.

Is that the extent of what we know? Why didn't they press charges or anything? Just not enough physical evidence to link him to the assault?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am so excited that Manziel is going to be a starting QB in the NFL this year.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

"I didn't know Clowney would be such a physical freak at the combine!"-no one ever

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Johnny Manziel is basically a more mobile, less accurate, dumber, shorter, faster Peyton Manning.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Volkerball posted:

He's got a bigger arm than Manning. :colbert:

So do most goons at this point.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Right but Tebow literally had god helping him win games

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

NippleFloss posted:

SEC fans spent two years talking about how Manziel was going to get destroyed when he played X team, and his bullshit only worked because he was playing scrubs, but it never really happened. He had a shoulder injury that kept him out for a couple of games, that was pretty similar to the Aaron Rodgers injury this year, where he landed on it awkwardly with a defensive guy on top of him. And he hurt his thumb. But he didn't really take a bunch of hard hits. That's not to say that he will be the same in the NFL, but this idea that he's an un-coachable moron who will literally just be running around in circles until he gets his head taken off is pretty ridiculous. A&M never asked him to stop doing that stuff because it worked, and because they would have won like 4 games a year without it. He could tone it down in the NFL and play safer and still be very effective running.

His first college game was a loss against Florida, so I'm not really sure you're remembering the "narrative" correctly.

Also, I live in SEC country and I've never heard anyone say that about Manziel. It's always either fear of playing against him, or criticism of his personality.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Maybe he's just a moron.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Little of column a, little of column b.

It's really bad when I answer the phone and the first thing my Dad asks me is "What the gently caress is going on with your insane running back?"

Ross Sr. sounds pretty :coal:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I found this on the internet

http://m.livescience.com/15659-traumatic-brain-injury-increases-schizophrenia-risk.html

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Knowshon Moreno's agent contacted Miami saying he was interested in joining the Dolphins.

The Dolphins aren't interested, and apparently are targeting a running back in the draft. Huh.

Dolphins gonna take Carlos Hyde in the first lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

What about his comments make him a douche? :confused:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

The rumor mill is rampant that Miami is targeting a Rb in the middle rounds. If you see the auburn running back chilling at Miamis second round pick that's a no brainier

Yeah, I could see that.

bhsman posted:

I agree; I'm not McCarron fan, but that sort of talk is no different than any "I'm the best [X] in the draft" talk. Him talking about people hating him for being a 'winner' at the Combine was much douchier.

Right, what is the guy supposed to say?

"Actually, I'm probably not that good, but I hope somebody decides to reach and draft me way higher than they should!"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I really hate the idea of intangibles and I hate all of you.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

You can tell intangibles are dumb because all the experts disagree on them. It's all subjective.

Usually guys who are "clutch" and "great under pressure" are actually just good players whose ability to play football well is magnified by the weight of end of game situations.

I do think leadership qualities and a cool demeanor can help players, but most of what people call intangibles are very subjective and overrated.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Also, everyone's definition is intangibles is totally different.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

When is the last time a top 5 QB pick wasn't the day one starter?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Yeah...I don't think anyone is drafting a QB that high to sit for a year or two.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Doltos posted:

Eli, Rivers, Carson Palmer. They didnt sit more than a year but they still sat.

Those were all basically a decade ago. Things have changed a lot since then.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Looking back, was Ted Ginn a better draft pick than Brady Quinn?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7w-xKwcd94

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kirios posted:

I seem to recall you being way too hyped with Tannehill when the Dolphins drafted him...somewhat hypocritical of you to act like that.

That doesn't sound like Crazy.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chilichimp posted:

It was a joke, and... apparently the joke is on the Draft Guru's, because Brees is so much better than Eli.

maybe in terms of owning fast food franchises but not in terms of Super Bowls

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

DupaDupa posted:

The Patriots are going to draft a QB this year and in two years have a seamless QB transition like the Packers did because god is real and also hates us.

Nah. Belichick is getting pretty old and he will probably retire within one or two years of Brady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol if you needed Clowney's pro day to realize he's one of the best physical specimens to ever enter the draft

• Locked thread